Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was cute.

I mean the dancing in the OP song and some of the other stuff going on between the main girls. Is that Death the Kid? Hell yes. I find their class to be more fun than the original series. Maka <3 she looks a lot more cuter than I had thought in this especially with that smile. At any rate, I don't expect the same level of action as the original Soul Eater. Yet, it has charming moments. Maka and her scythe definitely made an impression on the students there.

OST is decent on most parts. I hope Harudori will learn more there at the academy. It won't be easy but yeah. I don't like some of the guys that are teasing her though. She needs more confidence imo. Still, that transformation. NICE. Anyways, I have hope for this show. It even has serious moments so I'll take that for granted. Anya Hepburn is awesome the way she took that fight to the bully there imo.
LunaMay 1, 2014 2:38 AM
Apr 8, 2014 10:33 AM

Mar 2014
Oh...this is just an anime about junior high school girls, but very cute.

I think the peculiarities of Soul Eater anime are the following:
1. Very unique art style
2. Stylish battle action
3. Good and a little dark plot
4. Strange voices of Maka's VA
5. Question form titles of each episodes
6. Sid is a dead person
7. Excalibur

Soul Eater Not! has nothing above except Maka's voice. I was dissapointed a little. But I decided to think it is a completely different work. In this way, I enjoyed it well in such view.

P.S. I want no Excalibur. Even if everyone on MAL wants him, I don't want to see Excalibur.
dmrchApr 8, 2014 11:21 AM
Apr 8, 2014 1:25 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
I'm not familiar with the Soul Eater franchisé, but this looks cute even if it isn't related to the Main story. I guess it just takes place in the Soul Eater universe? It's basically cute-girls-doing-cute-things and most likely something more; which I'm totally fine with. For some reason it's enjoyable to see the two other characters cling to the main character.

Good Opening Theme as well, and you can sense the Livetune'esque melody from miles away.
SnowApr 8, 2014 1:41 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Apr 8, 2014 1:28 PM
Jan 2014
where did yall watch it at? I havent seen it up anywhere yet (subbed atleast)
Apr 8, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
dmrch said:
Oh...this is just an anime about junior high school girls, but very cute.

Soul Eater Not! has nothing above except Maka's voice. I was dissapointed a little. But I decided to think it is a completely different work. In this way, I enjoyed it well in such view.

P.S. I want no Excalibur. Even if everyone on MAL wants him, I don't want to see Excalibur.

It really is a completely different work. It is just set in the same universe. People shouldn't expect it to be like the original series.
Apr 8, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
Well.. this was interesting.
I liked it but.. it lacked Soul (but that's just my opinion).
It was cute.. I know it's not supposed to be like the original, but I sure miss some kind of sequel for the previous series.
Anyway it was not bad.
Apr 8, 2014 2:16 PM

May 2012
Do I need to watch soul eater before this ?

I watched 4 episodes of soul eater but I dropped it because it so boring
Apr 8, 2014 2:18 PM

Dec 2010
Very cute, battle scenes well animated, looking forward to a decent run

Edit: to the person above me, no you don't since this is a "prequel" to soul eater
Apr 8, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2010
Black☆Star is in this episode 5/5 !!!!
Apr 8, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
thepath said:
Do I need to watch soul eater before this ?

I watched 4 episodes of soul eater but I dropped it because it so boring

I think you don't really need to watch previous series, because these seem completely different.
But i can't say for sure since i haven't read the manga.
Apr 8, 2014 2:30 PM

May 2013
Good episode. Why can't Anya be honest with herself? lol. That Halberd weapon looks really cool. Both girls want her. I wonder who she will end up being partners with.
Apr 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
I'm only going to watch this just to confirm that Chiaki Omigawa is still alive. I guess even that's more substance than in most of this season's shows.

May 2010
Annuvin said:
That nostalgic feeling of seeing all the Soul Eater characters.
Also I'm guessing this takes place before the main story since Medusa is still a nurse.

indeed..soo nostalgic even if its for a few seconds..im happy about anything from soul eater universe :)

the animation is really good and the characters are quite likeable ..well except those 2 scumbags :D

good stuff. loved it.

Sep 2013
I never knew the school was in America :P

Maka :D Actually my first time hearing her Jap voice I watched the original dubbed :P

Black Star looks more muscled then I remember.

I wonder how you find out if you can be a meister?

Not bad for a first fight, I couldn't help but laugh when that guy was fighting with the other dude's head :3

Ah so Medusa is still a doctor at the school.

Looks cute and fun this is definitely a keeper.
Apr 8, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I was disappointed when I heard it will be a spin off, but since the real characters are present I'm fine with this. Also love the animation, glad they stayed true to the original.

Apr 8, 2014 2:47 PM

May 2012
Anya is sheltered-rich-girl moe.

This is going to be an OK series, but throwing in the MC cameos from the regular show was just a tease to kind of re-enforce that this isn't the real thing. Lame.
Apr 8, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
Annuvin said:
That nostalgic feeling of seeing all the Soul Eater characters.

They look pretty cool with this new character design :D

They will show up in next episodes?
I know story isn't about them...
but after this episode I want more xD

As for main characters looks this will be an interesting series :D
Can't wait to see next episode :D
Apr 8, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 2014
cant really say anything good or bad about it cuz its just one episode but i loved it so far! i have high hopes for this anime.
Apr 8, 2014 3:10 PM
Mar 2014
dmrch said:

Exalibur is the funniest character!!! why not have him??

plus we didnt get to see liz or patty :c and Kid didnt even get a line.
i want the original characters to be atleast some what apart of this anime.
Apr 8, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2007
Well what can I say. I am a sucker for this kinds of things. First of all Soul Eater nostalgia. I just want to rewatch the anime again. Secondly cute girls doing cute things. Tsundere. And cool fighting scenes. Well nothing happened in the first episode besides introdusing the cast but I'm really interested in it. I hope it keeps up this kind of thing from now on. Daily lives + some fights here and there.
Apr 8, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
The new character designer should be shot in the head. And then stabbed in the eye with a fork. The signature design is gone and everyone looks 10 years old. That additional shine to the face and eye-colouring is just... NOT.

I am so glad the main characters won't be there a lot because as much as I am happy to see them all again, it's horrible seeing them in this new design... It definitely fits the atmosphere of NOT! story, but it's butchering to the old guys.
Apr 8, 2014 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
i think i understand the the title now...

also soul eater came out like 6 years ago and it had vastly superior animation and character designs...
Apr 8, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
I wouldn't mind this moe comedy series, as long as it keeps its content from the original and some great action scenes. The fighting part was actually pretty good so I hope it will keep the flow of it.

Both the OP and ED was good, and the 3 MCs were likable in here. ca't wait for the next episode.

Apr 8, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
is this show even worth continuing? the manga has a pretty low score.
Apr 8, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
Fangirl moment everytime one of the old characters showed up :')
Can't belive it's been five years since i watched Soul Eater. I need to rewatch it asap!

But over to this show, it's cute so far. I'm enjoying it.
Apr 8, 2014 3:41 PM

Mar 2010
Nice first episode. The artwork was strange to see but i will get use to it....

MEDUSA>.....,,,
Apr 8, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Well....it is definitely not soul eater.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
I'm surprised. This was way better than I thought. But this Anya is already getting in my nerves xD
Apr 8, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
oh well, for a spin off it is good enough for me to keep it
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2012
I don't even care that its going to be cute girls doing cute things. Anything from the Soul Eater universe would make me happy, and seeing all the old characters was nice too. Its been so long since I last seen Soul Eater.

Apr 8, 2014 4:05 PM
Aug 2013
I managed to watch the episode through all the fangasms I suffered from, but in overall, this is definitely not a bad watch. Granted, it doesn't exactly resemble Soul Eater in terms of art and especially atmosphere, since the original was always a bit dark and gloomy with more outlined art and animation, but that's not what they're going for here. This show seems to focus on life at the DWMA, not just the battles and such like they did in Soul Eater, but more of an everyday look at things.

And don't forget the fact we'll be watching weapons and meisters start from the ground up, and that alone I find very interesting.
Apr 8, 2014 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
Just as cute as the manga. And my boy Akane being voiced by Sakurai. Just too cool.
dmrch said:
Baka. EXcalibuuuuuurrr is the best, but sadly I don't remember seeing him in the manga.
Sol_OuApr 8, 2014 4:11 PM
Apr 8, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2010
Wait a moment. Something's not clear here...

"All three take part in the NOT (Normally Overcome Target) class at DWMA and learn to control their powers in order to overcome their difficulties to have a normal life, as opposed to the battle-oriented EAT (Especially Advanced Talent) class taken by Maka, Soul, and their companions."

"weapons" can learn to control themselves but what difficulty does a meister have to overcome by coming to DWMA ?

anyone ? you can even pm me haha, i really do wonder about this o.O
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 8, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2012
I said from the moment I started reading the manga "I think this would do better as an anime" And altough the manga is good this was much better!!

I've been hyping this like crazy and it was so worth it! Everything from Dandoru's opening song to the cameos from the "Soul eater" characters!

Well done! Kudos!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Apr 8, 2014 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
damn dude just seeing black star again made the whole episode, and the animation looks awesome, as usual for soul eater
Apr 8, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2008
This was surprisngly good.
Excited to watch the rest :D
All of the original characters were there. :D

Apr 8, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
Maka, Death the Kid, Soul Eater, Black Star and Tsubaki all make an appearance :D

Lol a dense meister and a meister who looks like a princess
Heh, so Medusa is still a teacher at DWMA.
Good to see Harudori can finally transform into a weapon
Anya kicks ass.
Expecting this to be very different. Wonder how different though..

dmrch said:

Oh god LOL.
Apr 8, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
cuteness with very stylish fightscenes. i hope it goes on like that. hmmm … i think i have to start „soul eater“, too. maybe i watch it alongside this show. but 51 eps is a hugh mountain to cclimb.

nice calm ending, not bad. the opening was good, too. but both not good enough for the op/ed of the season candidates.
Apr 8, 2014 4:23 PM

Sep 2012
So instead of Soul Eater: Brotherhood they decided to do this? Fuck yeah!

Maka's new design irritates me to no end, though I guess it fits with the other designs. Good to see the old characters again, cried a little at Black☆Star's part
Apr 8, 2014 4:25 PM
Dec 2012
i miss soul eater but, maybe if this series goes well they might bring back soul eater also
Apr 8, 2014 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ahhh!!! this was cute... I like the the references to Soul Eater (which was one of the first few series I watched when I started out watching Anime)
Apr 8, 2014 4:30 PM

Dec 2013
This was actually better than I was expecting, it's cool to see how the public views the DWMA and this time have the perspective of an outsider looking rather than someone who's always gone to that school. I'm also a hyped to see Liz and Patty in this series. This takes place before they join Kid and they're in the opening so we might actually learn about their past. I'm not a big fan of some of the character redesigns though. The original characters didn't have regular "anime eyes" and now they do. From the promo art I was expecting only the new characters to have them but everyone has them. Beyond that, it's mostly the same except for a few amount of changes. Soul wears a suit now, Tsubaki seems a lot bustier this time around and the there's Blackstar. Why does he look like he's eaten nothing but Beefcake 3000 for 14 years?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2011
summerwars said:
cuteness with very stylish fightscenes. i hope it goes on like that. hmmm … i think i have to start „soul eater“, too. maybe i watch it alongside this show. but 51 eps is a hugh mountain to cclimb.

nice calm ending, not bad. the opening was good, too. but both not good enough for the op/ed of the season candidates.

Soul Eater has spunk. Watch it.

Nice to see the original cast make some appearances! I seriously miss Soul Eater. :(
This seems to be near the beginning of the original series, since Sid-sensei isn't a zombie yet.

Tension building was kind of slow, but action was not too bad. Hopefully we get more of that and spice it up a bit.
Apr 8, 2014 4:56 PM

Nov 2013
Oh wow, didn't expect to see the original SE cast on this spin-off. It was nice to see everyone again, I hope we get to see more of them in the future!

Not caring too much about the other characters so far, but we'll see as the anime progresses.
Apr 8, 2014 5:07 PM
Apr 2012
Soul never even said a word lol,

When Black Star showed up I almost cried.
Apr 8, 2014 5:16 PM

Feb 2011
It was like Mew Mew Power met Soul Eater
Apr 8, 2014 5:33 PM
Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
Black☆Star is in this episode 5/5 !!!!

R- said:
damn dude just seeing black star again made the whole episode

Flume said:
cried a little at Black☆Star's part

Mapeek said:
When Black Star showed up I almost cried.

^Me too. You guys have exquisite taste.

but yeah I enjoyed this and it was quite adorable.
I really want this to do well.
standApr 8, 2014 5:40 PM
Apr 8, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
What happened to the trademark Soul Eater character design?!

Good to see Sid again BEFORE he became a zombie!

Anya, although quite the bad ass with a halbern, can go die in a ditch. I hate characters like her!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 8, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
Well, that was really surprisingly fun to watch. The animation and short battle scene was great. I haven't watched Soul Eater! yet but since the original characters appeared, I will watch it soon. Cute cute ep.
Apr 8, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my god. I'll admit I was hella skeptical hearing that one of my favorite battle shounens every was getting turned into a moe show, but even the first episode has me feeling massive nostalgia for the old series.

Seeing the old characters and the new characters and the way they interact with the school in ways we would have never seen with the old series, and hell there was even some good action scenes and weapon juggling in here.

Can't wait to see Franken Stein and Excalibur if they ever join the cast, which is likely. At least for Franken Stein.

And is it just me or does Tsubaki have a hella big bust size compared to the old show? Not that I'm complaining anyway.

I've got a LOT of hope for this show now. Please be next week already.

EDIT: Obligatory mention of Black Star. That punch was fucking godlike.

Great to see him back.
KorrvoApr 8, 2014 6:41 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.