Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 1, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, it's like a freaking war now.

Shula really is going all out here. I was not expecting that yuri kiss tbh this episode. The battle was okay I guess. I'm glad to see Meme back to normal now. Eat it Shula. Anyways, I thought overall the show was fun. Nothing too special but a fun little journey. Rating this 7/10.
Jul 1, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2010
Got my yuri fix for the season, and the action was decent. I really like that they showed the school side of soul eater here, even tho it was mostly SoL yuri for the beginning, but meh I enjoyed it too much 8.5/10.

Hopefully this paves way for a soul eater reboot or continuation.
Jul 1, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
Xancia said:
Got my yuri fix for the season, and the action was decent. I really like that they showed the school side of soul eater here, even tho it was mostly SoL yuri for the beginning, but meh I enjoyed it too much 8.5/10.

Hopefully this paves way for a soul eater reboot or continuation.

They could just explain it as the anime ending was a dream while unconscious or something, honestly I never understood why Soul Eater ended at all.
Jul 1, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
gagantosu...

Typical "Overcome the darkness and release the light within your heart" meme with Meme. Ive had enough of that stuff with KH.

Idk if its the video fps but that battle scene looked really chopped up. It was stylish though, reminded me of the command in KH2. It turned pretty corny towards the end but I know the staff did it on purpose.. Cus Maka and Blackstars fight scenes were all stylish as short as they are.

Well, Lol'd @ Cana-chan when she was possessed hahaha too kawaii.

In the end, Im glad to see one scene from Death the Kid. Really hope for another ride with original Soul Eater.
And damn, Sid turned really ugly...
porkypinkJul 1, 2014 11:56 AM
[right]

Jul 1, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2010
absolute garbage. 4/10
Jul 1, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2011
http://i.imgur.com/mSUQf0q.jpg

Life=Complete
Solid 7/10
Jul 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
Fucking called it.
Knew they would team up as a 3.
Not bad, not great.
Made a sentimental number 200 for me though given my affinity to the original series.
Out of pure selfishness I want a second season, though I can understand why they wouldn't bother.
Jul 1, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2007
The battle vs the witch was uber shitty. Plot armor lvl over 9000. Anyways the rest of it was cute :3 Overall i enjoyed this. I laughed a lot, it had it's action moments and I enjoyed seeing the old cast again (rarely though). Just for the record it Soul Eater Not had godlike OP and ED songs damn i listen to them everyday
Jul 1, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
Nice show overall, but the ending felt "anime-original", and that's too bad. Closing the show with a yuri moment. And taking the harem route, ha? Deserves some merit for doing so, most shows will opt-out at the end from the harem route.
Jul 1, 2014 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
The fight was super lame. And with Tsugumi's transformation I was expecting some fancy two-people-weapon or divided into two weapons, but... that... not only it was lame because of the powerful witch somehow not hitting anything - imagine that! - but it simply LOOKED bad.

Also, anime really should stop with the 'our friendship makes us invincible' trope.
Jul 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
LOL Kana's attack using cards.
Death the Kid and his symmetry..lol
And they finish off the season with "Gagantous!"

Not surprising she chose both as her partners.
6/10
Jul 1, 2014 3:31 PM
Mar 2012
All's well that ends well, we got the yuri threesome end~
Jul 1, 2014 4:28 PM

Jun 2013
Very cute ending. 7/10
Jul 1, 2014 4:47 PM
Jul 2014
I'm so mad Tsugumi didn't eat Shauna's soul.
Jul 1, 2014 5:05 PM
Jul 2013
Did they really kiss?!?! OMG!
And what's up for so much suspense if she's going to pick the two of them any way?
They ruined Soul Eater a little bit.. :(
But the ending was kinda cute (just like the rest of the anime)
I'm over :) 7/10
Jul 1, 2014 5:10 PM

Aug 2012
I just really wanted her to eat the soul..

This would have been more OP than Tsugumi already was, but it'd be awesome for her to transform into some dual wielding halberd connected by a chain, a lot better than throwing her back and forth.

All in all, I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. This last arc wasn't as enjoyable as the first half for me despite the (sort of)action, but enjoyable nonetheless.

REBOOT ANNOUNCEMENT WHERE
AlexTheRiotJul 1, 2014 5:16 PM
Jul 1, 2014 5:41 PM

Sep 2008
aaaand its over..well t was nice, got th yuri moment at least (could have sworn anya would ask/take a kiss for herself too XD)
it was a nice ride, i likeschool love-comedies, this one just hapened to be in the world of SE, quite enjoyable =D
7/10 for me

now i wanna see something more of the original one TT_TT
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 1, 2014 5:43 PM

Apr 2010
This anime turned out better then i expected.
It was fun to watch and the story was nice there was also a clear plot and character development.
But what i really liked is that it managed to have a few surprises in store like Eternal Feather being forced to commit suicide.
And Sid sensai being killed.
I really didn't expect that and it made things interesting for me.

Well in the end Tsugumi didn't pick between both Anya and Meme but just picked them both, not the best for the ending but still one i can live with since they seemed happy.
Still rooting for Anya tho.
Jul 1, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2012
Aversa said:
Well in the end Tsugumi didn't pick between both Anya and Meme but just picked them both, not the best for the ending but still one i can live with since they seemed happy.
Still rooting for Anya tho.
They went for a happy ending, but her not having to actually choose between them makes me feel unsatisfied. It's basically a cop-out.
Also rooting for Anya.
Jul 1, 2014 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
didnt expect that yuri kiss o.O
but now that i think about it, its not that surprising that it happened...

in the end power of friendship wins, happy end

decent series overall, it was enjoyable, alittle cheesy here and there
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 1, 2014 7:11 PM
Apr 2014
The good news, Tsugumi's already taken care of the hardest part of becoming a Death Scythe, granted unless she joins EAT (which has been hinted at a few times as a potential goal for her) she'll never fulfill the other part.
Jul 1, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
Cant believe they didnt even mention Sid turned into a Zombie. Now for the viewers who didnt watch the first series think he's dead.

And a lack of a AkaneXTsugumi ending made me drop this to an 8. The best part to show them together would have been when Tsugumi said she was lonely Anya and Meme were gone, and then pow Akane walks up and grabs Tsugumi's hand and then her monologue changes to "alright maybe I'm not that lonely". If it would have ended like that I would have given this a 10, but it didnt so its droppin a point. :/
Jul 1, 2014 7:17 PM
Apr 2014
dragonlight said:
Cant believe they didnt even mention Sid turned into a Zombie. Now for the viewers who didnt watch the first series think he's dead.

Bear in mind that as the episode was closing we see that Stein hasn't yet become a teacher, so Sid's Zombie reveal hasn't happened yet. He's probably in Stein's lab or something.

And a lack of a AkaneXTsugumi ending made me drop this to an 8. The best part to show them together would have been when Tsugumi said she was lonely Anya and Meme were gone, and then pow Akane walks up and grabs Tsugumi's hand and then her monologue changes to "alright maybe I'm not that lonely". If it would have ended like that I would have given this a 10, but it didnt so its droppin a point. :/

No arguments there. It would be pretty amusing if Tsugumi hooked up with Akane and left Anya/Meme to become their own pair.
Jul 1, 2014 7:33 PM
Mar 2014
tbh that was kinda lame (the fight I mean)
I liked the yuri, it was kinda nice, and it was pretty cute overall, so not that bad I guess
Jul 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
"It was okay. 8.5/10"-IGN
Jul 1, 2014 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
lukkassu said:
dragonlight said:

Bear in mind that as the episode was closing we see that Stein hasn't yet become a teacher, so Sid's Zombie reveal hasn't happened yet. He's probably in Stein's lab or something.
yeah thing only i noticed was a small scene near the end with the graveyard overlooking DWMA

SE Not! was alright with some decent cute moments here and there 7/10
Jul 1, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
Took me a couple of seconds before I got the "Spring Bird" attack haha. Why didn't Tsugumi eat the soul? Does she have to eat the 99 non-witch souls first? :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 1, 2014 9:54 PM
Nov 2013
Loved that the three girls took out Shaula together. Their team work was very nice to see and I'm surprised how all three of them being partners actually worked out.

Death the Kid and Patti and Liz at the end was great too. Definitely missed them

I actually enjoyed this series a lot. I don't understand all the hate. Yeah, it's average. But it was fun. 6/10
Jul 1, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
Yuri kiss, Meme's side boobs, Tsugumi's under boobs, Tsugumi's pube-less crotch, and Anya's ass are the highlight of this episode.

It's a cute little series, started out entertainingly but got a bit boring in the middle. 5/10
Jul 1, 2014 10:44 PM

Apr 2012
It was better than expected ^^
Jul 1, 2014 11:07 PM

May 2013
To quote myself here from the last episode:

...and somehow I just don't see a scenario that makes sense where they win this thing.

And what a surprise, Deus Ex Machina strikes again. Look at what Shaula did to other people, she has a scorpion stinger at the end of her hair for death's sake... but what she did here amounts to "softly pushing them away" in comparison.

Why didn't she hit, even once? Shaula would've made such a good villiain in the originial Soul Eater. In this series she was unfortunally just a big joke (for having actually a really cool character design), though. I mean seriously, with the magic power and combat skills she showed early she should've easily killed or turned them... but this, this whole fight doesn't make any little bit of sense - NOT how Shaula was so damn weak suddenly, NOT the sudden power-up of the three girls with them not training Soul Resonance or team fighting at all even once, NOT the asspull of a witchhunter ripoff they suddenly could perfectly execute, just NOThing.

Finally I can only say: This Soul Eater series is just NOT good at all.

3... maybe 4/10.

---

(Even if I don't like stuff like this, if they just had it stay a cutsy little romance anime without the not really well developed overarching plot in the background it would've probably been better. The fighting scenes really remind me of the first season of Medaka Box where there are suddenly fights to end in an anime that looks from the beginning like someone in production thought it was just some moe-romance thing (which it actually isn't) and you could really think looking at those fight scenes that the animators reactions were like: "Wait, wait, wait... there are action scences in this anime? Nobody told me this... I can only do twinkling eyes and rosy cheeks!" just like in this series.)
DancingJackJul 1, 2014 11:38 PM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jul 1, 2014 11:30 PM

Nov 2009
The first half of the series was enjoyable when it was more like a Slice of Life anime. These last 2 episodes made absolutely no sense within the Soul Eater universe. First, Tsugumi learned to fly in no time in episode 11, which was supposed to be something difficult for Maka and Soul (in the manga). Second, after seeing how powerful witches are in the main series, there was no way I could take the Shaula fight seriously.

Also if I had bet money that Tsugumi would say Gagantous at the end of the episode I would be rich lol.

5/10, feels strange giving this score because I'm not that hard to please haha.
Jul 1, 2014 11:51 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't like the series to begin with, MOE-BLOBS, kinky yuri, and terrible fight scenes (In my opinion at least). None of the new main characters amazed me as much as the original SE cast, a tsundere, an airhead, and whatever that Tsugumi girl was, had times where they really ticked me off.

In conclusion with a terrible pun/or not pun: Soul Eater NOT! Was NOT! Good.
2/10

Jul 1, 2014 11:51 PM

Mar 2014
dis was good.

i was wondering how they would defeat Gorgon w/ her magic but looking at it, it made sense.

Of course Gorgon would underestimate them.

it would make sense the Meme and Annya could dodge the shots from afar, and Tsgumi is a weapon so she deflects easily. only problem i had is that they did make Annya and meme dodge as much as they could have.

having a charging attack w/ a coat over it would block off any hits from it. and with the size it was at, it makes sense Gorgons hair would have bad time.

also, just because one duo of Meisters/Weapon can't learn a specific technique quickly doesn't mean others couldn't. it really depends on the soul wavelength of the team.
Jul 2, 2014 12:07 AM

Dec 2010
That was a surprisingly feels heavy episode, which is not something I thought I would get when I first started watching the series!

Although I read the first 2 volumes of the manga, I enjoyed the anime quite a bit. Sure it wasn't a plot heavy show, and revolved around SoL moments, and some light yuri, but it was entertaining throughout, and the last few episodes have been quite good. Even if the animation was quite poor at times...

I give the series a 7.5/10 NOT bad, but also NOT great, its somewhere in the middle, so I guess you could say it was a little above average.
Jul 2, 2014 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
No way a NOT could beat a witch. Sweet show but kind of a crappy finale. Enjoyed the ride more than the destination.
Jul 2, 2014 1:19 AM

Jan 2011
I'm only rating it so highly because it was an excellent yuri slice of life. The kiss was very worth it.

I'm confused to why Meme's blade wasn't laced with poison. Maybe it was and it didn't affect Tsugumi because she had the antidote in her mouth, but Meme became conscious while still under Shaula's control. I don't know.
Jul 2, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
Haha. I was expecting Meme would get kissed.

The ending was normal. It's what I expect from this kind of anime.

7/10
Jul 2, 2014 2:05 AM
Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
To quote myself here from the last episode:

...and somehow I just don't see a scenario that makes sense where they win this thing.

And what a surprise, Deus Ex Machina strikes again. Look at what Shaula did to other people, she has a scorpion stinger at the end of her hair for death's sake... but what she did here amounts to "softly pushing them away" in comparison.

Why didn't she hit, even once? Shaula would've made such a good villiain in the originial Soul Eater. In this series she was unfortunally just a big joke (for having actually a really cool character design), though. I mean seriously, with the magic power and combat skills she showed early she should've easily killed or turned them... but this, this whole fight doesn't make any little bit of sense - NOT how Shaula was so damn weak suddenly, NOT the sudden power-up of the three girls with them not training Soul Resonance or team fighting at all even once, NOT the asspull of a witchhunter ripoff they suddenly could perfectly execute, just NOThing.

While I agree with your comments about asspulls in general, 'Flight' came easily to Kim and Jaqueline. Every weapon is different, Jaqueline is a lanturn, Tsugumi's name is also that of a bird. Where Soul's side-talent was music, it seems that Tsugumi's might be flight.

Sidenote: Soul's Flight wasn't part of his own powers, it was the Flight ability available to every Deathsythe as part of their evolution.

Lastly... how was the Spring Bird Attack (or whatever it was named) a witchunting ripoff? Sure it was a Soul Resonance energy augmented attack, but I have to imagine those are fairly common among melee Weapons. Doesn't really resemble the actual Witchunting IMO.
Jul 2, 2014 3:41 AM

Mar 2014
katsu044 said:
lukkassu said:

yeah thing only i noticed was a small scene near the end with the graveyard overlooking DWMA

All of you should watch the final sponsorship scene carefully. Or you should find it somehow.

Sid actually turned into a Zombie.
Jul 2, 2014 4:32 AM
Sep 2013
Would've been better if this was longer and more clearly explained...It felt like this was the ending of a first arc or something. I need more. This episode was really corny tbh, I think the show would've been better if we get to see the trio's training and the reason to how they suddenly got so strong. I also want to see a sequel of this...with Tsugumi being more badass and stuff for my own personal satisfaction. Seriously, I want to see character development with reasons that are reasonable...if you get what I mean...

8/10 because I actually liked it and also because my scoring system is pretty high lol
Jul 2, 2014 4:45 AM

Mar 2011
Super cheesy yuriness.

Seeing the main SE characters just made me wish I was watching the real Soul Eater.

I knew this wouldn't be a full on action anime, but it was just too cheesy for me xD.

6/10
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jul 2, 2014 4:56 AM

Nov 2007
The fight with witch was kinda lame......but anyway,i enjoyed this series way more than expected.
Jul 2, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2014
Yuri trio FTW!
Jul 2, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2013
lukkassu said:
Lastly... how was the Spring Bird Attack (or whatever it was named) a witchunting ripoff? Sure it was a Soul Resonance energy augmented attack, but I have to imagine those are fairly common among melee Weapons. Doesn't really resemble the actual Witchunting IMO.

It's pretty obvious that it's supposed to be "their version" of witch-hunt (sorry, got the name wrong the first time) if you know what I mean. Still, it just doesn't make sense that they can just pull off a technique like this out of nowhere without any training or preperation and kill a Gorgon witch with it, no matter if she "underestimates them" or not.

Soul and Maka could barely pull off their witch-hunt the first time around while already being EAT class students with experience and skill far beyond theirs.

Other than that it's a bit of stretch to believe Tsugumi's side talent is somehow flying because she has the name of bird.

Kim is a witch who is probably able to use a broom to fly with her magic anyway if she wanted to and uses Jaqueline exactly like this and uses her powerful lantern flame to fly, which makes much more sense than having little heart wings even before a blade for no good reason. Just as Soul was already a really good piano player even before becoming the weapon of Maka and used this talent much later to improve their soul resonance.

In Soul Eater there was always this nice undertoned theme of understanding and learning from each other, even long after all of the main characters became partners. They train togehter, they fight together, they live together and yet still they learn new things about each other and bring their souls closer together (even as a team of 6 with Soul using his music to create a soul resonance between all of them). That's the difference to Soul Eater NOT - In this series it just happens for no reason, something the characters in Soul Eater actually worked for and had character development to reach... they just do it with the power of yuri friendship and holding hands.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jul 2, 2014 6:33 AM

Dec 2011
They easily defeated the witch just like that. >.<
Oh well, I have seen the old Soul Eater characters again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2014 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
Still, we can agree that it's better than Soul Eater anime ending.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 2, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
I enjoyed it. I couldn't really find a way to rate it so just gave it a 8.75/10 because i didn't particularly hate anything besides the fact they easily beat a witch.

I explained that by saying the witch was really weak and none of the strong people could find her so it makes sense that she was beaten by them.
Jul 2, 2014 9:11 AM
Oct 2010
Sooo lame... without barely any real fight experience they killed a witch, and a Gorgon witch at that.

They just cheapened the whole Death Scythe quest...

... but yeah, still better than the anime ending for Soul Eater... I think it would actually be an acomplishment to do worse than that.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 2, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
It is what it is.

Pleasantly surprised, considering the circumstance.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MxS7HGS »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.