Aria series
Eve no Jikan (movie)
Hellsing Ultimate
Kino no Tabi
Kyousou Giga (TV)
Paprika
Apr 14, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2012
Anything in my PTW that I should prioritize? I'll probably start GITS 2nd gig after finishing the first season and Wolf's Rain but a list of any "gems" I've been sleeping on would be nice, I guess.
Apr 14, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Kaimon said:
Anything in my PTW that I should prioritize? I'll probably start GITS 2nd gig after finishing the first season and Wolf's Rain but a list of any "gems" I've been sleeping on would be nice, I guess.

Those are good ideas, I'll also recommend you prioritize:
Gankutsuou, Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Monster, Nurarihyon no Mago (not amazing, but season 2 is really good), Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal, Bunny Drop and Tatami Galaxy. I also hear Space Bros and Shiki are good.

You can drop Tokyo Majin, Law of Ueki, Persona Trinity, Maoyuu, Dog and Scissors, probably Eureka Seven AO, Buso Renkin, Btooom, the Bayonetta movie, Bakuman (I thought it had a stupid premise, and the ending sucks) and Accel World I imagine.

Heralder said:
Hit me up with some reccs :D

You got some good taste, so I'll dish out some of the usual:
RahXephon, Angel's Egg, Samurai Champloo, R.O.D the TV, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, Kure-nai, Hunter X Hunter, Grave of the Fireflies, Hajime no Ippo, Hokuto no Ken 1, Nura, Kaiji, Rainbow, Mazinkaiser SKL, Gintama, Noein, Bartender, Jojo 2012, Gatchaman Crowds, Hyouge Mono, GetBackers, FMA 2003, Beast Player Erin, House of Five Leaves and Rose of Versailles.
Apr 15, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
Hey, I have enough material for 2 years, but will you guys recommend me any anime?
Apr 16, 2014 10:12 PM

Feb 2012
Guys, any opinion on the following (will probably start one of these very soon):

Saionkoku Monogatari (anime)
Souten no Ken (manga)
Gundam Sentinel (novel)
Marimite (novel)
Apr 17, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2010
I wouldn't mind some recommendations. I usually stick to action anime, but im pretty much down for anything that's not school-life/slice of life
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 17, 2014 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
ChrisTucker said:

Those are good ideas, I'll also recommend you prioritize:
Gankutsuou, Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Monster, Nurarihyon no Mago (not amazing, but season 2 is really good), Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal, Bunny Drop and Tatami Galaxy. I also hear Space Bros and Shiki are good.

You can drop Tokyo Majin, Law of Ueki, Persona Trinity, Maoyuu, Dog and Scissors, probably Eureka Seven AO, Buso Renkin, Btooom, the Bayonetta movie, Bakuman (I thought it had a stupid premise, and the ending sucks) and Accel World I imagine.

I'll probably start most of those within the next few months anyway, thanks.

I'll probably continue with the manga for Bakuman and I was considering getting rid of some of those anyway , but is the Bayonetta movie really that bad?
Apr 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
Its not that bad i mean it is pretty much like DMC anime if you liked game you will most likely enjoy the movie
Apr 18, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
A few of the people in the club were warning me that it was a really poor adaptation. I was actually rather hyped for it myself.
Apr 19, 2014 9:35 AM

Jun 2012
ChrisTucker said:
A few of the people in the club were warning me that it was a really poor adaptation. I was actually rather hyped for it myself.

If I feel like going through the effort to torrent it I'll get it later

Anything in my On-hold I should prioritize? It's getting a little big
Apr 19, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
Kaimon said:

Anything in my On-hold I should prioritize? It's getting a little big

Gatchaman Crowds, Mushishi, Michiko and Hatchin, Birdy Decode and maybe AnoHana.
Apr 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Bayonetta should be seen only if you have played the game. Not because it's difficult to follow (though it is super rushed) but because it may offer something only to the fans. But even that is rather questionable. If you watch the anime without playing the game, there is a high chance that you'll care little for what is going on. You certainly won't care for the characters.
Apr 19, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2012
metamorphius said:
Bayonetta should be seen only if you have played the game. Not because it's difficult to follow (though it is super rushed) but because it may offer something only to the fans. But even that is rather questionable. If you watch the anime without playing the game, there is a high chance that you'll care little for what is going on. You certainly won't care for the characters.

Ah, I've only made it about Chapter 8 of the game, I'll watch it once I get my action game groove back
Apr 19, 2014 11:13 AM
Jul 2012
metamorphius said:

Hmm, interesting. I haven't played the game before, but I actually like the main character and saw some gameplay footage in a review if I remember. Is it still okay to watch it?
Apr 19, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2009
Yo guys, i need some finished hidden gem manga (score count under 900) that i could put on my plan to read list
thx in advance :)
InanilmazApr 19, 2014 2:19 PM
-☾✩
Apr 19, 2014 2:21 PM
Nov 2009
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Apr 19, 2014 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
DarknessOfEmo said:

Hmm, interesting. I haven't played the game before, but I actually like the main character and saw some gameplay footage in a review if I remember. Is it still okay to watch it?

Well, if you want, you can. I was just saying it's not something I'd go around recommending to those who haven't played the game. But there are certainly much worse ways to spend hour and a half than watching Bayonetta. At least I didn't find it boring.
Apr 19, 2014 11:25 PM

Feb 2013
I'm too lazy to update my list. Any good comedy like Cromartie or Arakawa under The Bridge? Also, someone knows a nice shoujo like Kimi ni Todoke? That one was really nice...
Apr 22, 2014 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
metamorphius said:

That movie is a terrible fan movie as well, just avoid it to be honest
Apr 22, 2014 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
@Carks32
Well, all the shows I was going to recommend you have seen, lol.

Though, I might point you in the direction of something like "Hataraki Man" but that is more of a drama (in a NANA fashion) than a comedy.
Apr 22, 2014 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
hybreezy said:

It certainly is not good (I gave it a 4), but if I had to choose I'd still put it as slightly more interesting for the game fans. Not that it's saying much.
Apr 22, 2014 6:00 AM

Feb 2008
Carks32 said:
I'm too lazy to update my list. Any good comedy like Cromartie or Arakawa under The Bridge? Also, someone knows a nice shoujo like Kimi ni Todoke? That one was really nice...

I was about to recommend you Binbougami ga! but looks like you've already seen it (and love it). You could try Ping Pong Club. Loved every moment of it.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 22, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
metamorphius said:
hybreezy said:

It certainly is not good (I gave it a 4), but if I had to choose I'd still put it as slightly more interesting for the game fans. Not that it's saying much.

Oh well definitely if you had to choose, but I'm saying don't even go that far >__>
Apr 22, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Plz enliten me.
Apr 22, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
Something specific or would you like me to go all out and bombard you with titles?

Regardless, these should be fairly safe bets:

Ima Soko ni Iku Boku
Planetes
Mugen no Ryvius
Mononoke
Aria
Kaiba
The 12 Kingdoms
Eureka Seven
Beast Player Erin
Hourou Musuko

Are all worthy of attention in one way or another.
Apr 22, 2014 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
Bombard away! Thank you for sharing :3
Apr 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
jhoanais said:

Okay...

Porfy no Nagai Tabi
Bartender
3000 Leagues in Search of Mother
Uchouten Kazoku
Akage no Anne
My-Hime
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Master Keaton
Aura Battle Dunbine
Kimagure Orange Road
Ie Naki Koi
Les Miserables: Shoujo Cosette
Rose of Versailles
Red Garden
Bakuman
Mouryou no Hako
Hyouge Mono
Kemonozume
Armor HUnter Mellowlink
Lupin the III
Major
Ashita no Joe
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Kimi ga nozomi Eien
Sayounara Zetsubuou Sensei
Mokke
Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners
Akagi
One Outs
Yumeiro Patisseire
Quiet Country Cafe
Mawaru Penguindrum
Perrine Monogatari
Flanders no Inu
Hen Zemi
Otaku no Video
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Crest of the Stars
Shion no Ou
Twin Spica
Koi Kaze
Flag
Doraemon (1979)
Ultraviolet Code: 088
City Hunter
Hataraki Man
Takarajima
Brigadoon
Space Dandy
The Third
Kaliedo Star
Black Jack'
Patlabor
Future Boy Conan
Non Non Biyori
Oniisama E...
Tsumiki no Ie
Fantastic Children
Simoun
MIchiko to Hatchin
Dennou Coil
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
Asatte no Houkou
Armored Trooper Votoms
Area 88
Gunbuster
Space Battleship Yamato
Usagi Drop
Taiyou no Ko Esteban
Detroit Metal City
Furiko
Shigurui
Souten Kouro
Candy Candy
Boogiepop Phantom
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Saint Oniisan
Ghost in the Shell
Getter Robo
Hellsing ULtimate
Texhnolyze
Megazone 23
Casshern Sins
Fuujin Monogatari
Ashita no Nadja
Romeo's Blue Skies
Gallery Fake
Welcome to the NHK
Bubblegum Crisis
Keroro Gunsou
Cross Game
Galaxy Express 999
Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings
Haibane Renmei

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that you will like any of these.
JodyqtApr 22, 2014 2:53 PM
Apr 22, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
jhoanais said:

Read: all my other posts lmao

(or I can edit this later and throw everything in for the umpteenth time)
Apr 22, 2014 5:55 PM
Nov 2009
Overkill.
Anyway, it seems you didn't watch any Ghibli movies that's a good start as well or check the E-List threads.
Apr 23, 2014 6:31 AM

Sep 2013
ChrisTucker said:
jhoanais said:

Read: all my other posts lmao

(or I can edit this later and throw everything in for the umpteenth time)

Sorry, if you don't mind please tell me your recs. Perhaps a little personalized with things I already like? Or whatever I should watch in your opinion that was memorable. Thanks again c:
Apr 23, 2014 6:32 AM

Sep 2013
mugi said:
Overkill.
Anyway, it seems you didn't watch any Ghibli movies that's a good start as well or check the E-List threads.

Thanks!
Apr 23, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
@jhoanais

Really dig your favourites, so I think you may enjoy all the stuff I throw out.
Here goes: Casshern Sins, FLCL, Kure-nai, R.O.D the TV, Kino's Journey, Angel's Egg, Nurarihyon no Mago, Wolf's Rain, Bunny Drop, Spirited Away, Letter to Momo, Fist of the North Star 1 (don't bother with the 2nd series), Serial Experiments Lain, Hunter X Hunter, Mazinkaiser SKL, Rainbow, Honey and Clover, Madoka, Noein, Haibane Renmei, House of Five Leaves, Gatchaman Crowds, Moribito, Bartender, the Kara no Kyoukai series(?), Redline, Legend of Koizumi, Inferno Cop, GetBackers, Tiger and Bunny, Giant Robo, Azazel-san (raunchy though), Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Someday's Dreamers and perhaps Gingitsune.
Apr 23, 2014 10:05 AM

Feb 2008
mugi said:
check the E-List threads.

This. That's the main point of the list, a recommendation chart with great titles. You really can't go wrong with titles on it, and it offers various genres and themes. Sadly, due to IMG-kun being ugu it isn't linked properly. I'd link you the chart, but since I don't have the image, I'll just post the text version with links to their pages (aka copy paste from the camp).

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 23, 2014 2:22 PM

Sep 2013
ChrisTucker said:
@jhoanais

Really dig your favourites, so I think you may enjoy all the stuff I throw out.
Here goes: Casshern Sins, FLCL, Kure-nai, R.O.D the TV, Kino's Journey, Angel's Egg, Nurarihyon no Mago, Wolf's Rain, Bunny Drop, Spirited Away, Letter to Momo, Fist of the North Star 1 (don't bother with the 2nd series), Serial Experiments Lain, Hunter X Hunter, Mazinkaiser SKL, Rainbow, Honey and Clover, Madoka, Noein, Haibane Renmei, House of Five Leaves, Gatchaman Crowds, Moribito, Bartender, the Kara no Kyoukai series(?), Redline, Legend of Koizumi, Inferno Cop, GetBackers, Tiger and Bunny, Giant Robo, Azazel-san (raunchy though), Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Someday's Dreamers and perhaps Gingitsune.

I was really blessed to have a friend that has excellent taste recommend excellent anime, but thanks for liking my favorites c: Once again, thanks @ChrisTucker @ZetaZaku.

If anybody else has any bad ass reccs, please feel free to post on my wall or PM. Sharing is caring <3
May 5, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2012
Saw Demoltion D's review of the Bayonetta out of curiosity.

Gonzo actually managed to make a fully nude, movie budget, Bayonetta look....gross. Quite a feat, Gonzo, quite the feat.
May 25, 2014 6:22 PM
May 2014
So what anime should I watch?
May 25, 2014 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
eta101 said:

I think you're first best bet is to start from the Enlightening list. ;)
May 25, 2014 7:03 PM
May 2014
AngelsArcanum said:
eta101 said:

Okay. So, what should I watch from the Enlightening list?
May 25, 2014 7:11 PM

Sep 2012
eta101 said:
AngelsArcanum said:
eta101 said:

The non-specific answer is everything you haven't seen.

The specific answer I'll go with for now is Mushishi, Planetes, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Tatami Galaxy, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Baccano!.
May 25, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
eta101 said:
AngelsArcanum said:
eta101 said:

Well its purpose is to be a collection of the creme de la creme of the medium, so in theory they are all great but your mileage will vary with each obviously. ;)
May 25, 2014 7:13 PM
May 2014
I think I have already all the anime that will blow my mind. I hope I'm wrong because I'm really craving an anime that will away my top 5.
They are:
1. Steins;Gate
2. Death Note
3. Code Geass
4. Attack on Titan
5. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
May 25, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
eta101 said:

Just scroll through a try to find something that's to your liking? Are you looking for anything specific?
May 25, 2014 7:23 PM
May 2014
Kaimon said:
eta101 said:

Just scroll through a try to find something that's to your liking? Are you looking for anything specific?

I want something amazing and not a classic that was good for its time like Cowboy Bebop. I watched Cowboy Bebop until episode 17 and couldn't continue because it didn't hook me into it. For reference here is my current top five.

1. Steins;Gate
2. Death Note
3. Code Geass
4. Attack on Titan
May 25, 2014 7:47 PM
Nov 2009
eta101 said:

I want something amazing and not a classic that was good for its time like Cowboy Bebop.

This hurts a little bit.
May 25, 2014 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
If you want something like that I'd still go with Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. You could also watch Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo.
May 25, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2013
eta101 said:
I want something amazing and not a classic that was good for its time like Cowboy Bebop.
Then you might prefer our collection on the "anime relation list", in the club homepage. Most of them are pretty new and can be considered "amazing" or "mindblowing", although of course it depends on personal taste.

I will recommend Sword Art Online, Guilty Crown, Mirai Nikki, Infinite Stratos, and Deadman Wonderland
Or something that is not from both of our list: Fate/zero has a great animation
May 25, 2014 11:32 PM

Apr 2012
eta101 said:

I want something amazing and not a classic that was good for its time like Cowboy Bebop. I watched Cowboy Bebop until episode 17 and couldn't continue because it didn't hook me into it. For reference here is my current top five.

1. Steins;Gate
2. Death Note
3. Code Geass
4. Attack on Titan

Kaiji
Rainbow
Fate/Zero
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Hajime no Ippo
Gurren Lagann
Hellsing Ultimate
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Psycho Pass
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Baccano

Also, please be more respectful. Cowboy Bepop looks better than a lot of shows airing right now, it's the definition of a classic that stood the test of time.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
May 26, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
eta101 said:
Kaimon said:
eta101 said:

1. Steins;Gate
2. Death Note
3. Code Geass
4. Attack on Titan

I don't love Bebop as much as others do, but it's strengths aren't (entirely) based on being a good product of its time. The production values are still marvelous and all, but what people are fond of with it are the subtle bits of existentialism throughout most episodes that link with Spike, the grounded sci-fi aesthetics that don't shove its elements down your throat and its general suaveness (mostly as a biproduct of Spike himself being one of--if not the--coolest anime character(s) ever.)

@Popka: I think LoGH may be a bit intimidating for him at this point.

I guess I could skim the list and pick out personal favs of mine that are accessible early on (a lot of my favs are either the very reserved, thought provoking ones or not on there). I guess right off the bat I'll recommend Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal because it is such a tremendously powerful and audacious journey in such a visceral and poetic way despite being 2 hours long. Based on your favourites I think Trust and Betrayal will blow you away. The battles alone are enough to satisfy any action junkie.
AngelsArcanumMay 26, 2014 8:35 AM
May 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2013
@eta101
Don't let these guys bother you with Cowboy Bebop. I'm not much of a fan of the show either to be honest, in fact, I absolutely hated half of the episodes despite its good offerings.

+1 Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
sushiisawesome said:

Kaiji
Rainbow
Fate/Zero
Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Hajime no Ippo
Gurren Lagann
Hellsing Ultimate
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Psycho Pass
Samurai Champloo
Durarara
Baccano
+1 ^This

Add:
Now and Then, Here and There
Eureka Seven
Planetes
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Gin Tama
Keroro Gunsou
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

» Spring 2023 Overview

Deago - Mar 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.