Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2012 6:06 PM

Dec 2010
Hibiki and dat Raiser Sword...
Feb 4, 2012 10:33 PM

Jan 2012
Favorite episode so far from this anime!

LMFAO @ Japanese actors attempting English. The translations for the most part were off too!

Still, great ep! I mean, the first four eps were like..."meh" to me. I mean, musicals and stuff not my style. I considered this anime a time killer at best but now? It's like... I don't even know.

Now they have Sexy naked sadistic hot masochists?
"S.S.S.S.M.M.M.M."
Hibiki can fight too now! Finally she's not such a wimp. Reminds me of that one show I used to watch as a kid... what was it called...

He-Man!

"By the power of greyskull.... I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :]

Feb 4, 2012 10:34 PM

Jan 2012
This show is now called He-man.

:]

Feb 4, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Black Hibiki!

So they finally revealed that there's a mole among them.
Feb 4, 2012 10:45 PM

Jan 2012
entropy13 said:
Black Hibiki!

So they finally revealed that there's a mole among them.

She's not a mole. She's the new He-man. :]

Feb 4, 2012 11:22 PM

Apr 2009
Ryoko is probably the nudist at the beginning. The girl was visibly jealous of the attention Ryoko gave to Hibiki's sudden excalibah beamspam with Durandal. The similarities in appearance are pretty big too (well, the lipstick anyway). Because the chip was already on its way to her I guess her motivation to get her hands on it in advance was to manipulate the data.
Feb 4, 2012 11:25 PM

Jan 2012
VictimOfFate said:
Ryoko is probably the nudist at the beginning. The girl was visibly jealous of the attention Ryoko gave to Hibiki's sudden excalibah beamspam with Durandal. The similarities in appearance are pretty big too (well, the lipstick anyway). Because the chip was already on its way to her I guess her motivation to get her hands on it in advance was to manipulate the data.

"Excalibah"
:]

Feb 4, 2012 11:47 PM
Sep 2009
geezer said:
Wahaha. Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous, it does.

I know, it is magnificent... I laugh just thinking about this show.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Feb 5, 2012 2:47 AM

Jun 2009
VictimOfFate said:
Add the same VA, and now i'm pretty sure it was Ryoko.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 5, 2012 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
Symphogeah more like trainwreck: the animation.
Feb 5, 2012 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
darn.. if only i wasn't good at identifying Miyuki Sawashiro's voice.. now there are no more surprises and all speculations are needless, even at the start of the episode.. Ryouko is the nudist sadist.. but wait.. there is still the possibility of an evil twin/clone/imitation/alternate personality/paradox.. pffft... nahhhh..

well, looks like the show has degraded into something err .. .. .. well, i'd just watch it for Nana Mizuki (must), Aoi Yuuki (like her funny performance here) and Miyuki Sawashiro (hawt voice for villains, check)..
argiliumFeb 5, 2012 5:05 AM
Feb 5, 2012 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
This show is such an lol. I just can't take it seriously but it's fun in a strange " i half watch it to make fun of it" way. Naked evil lady gave us some nice fanservice lets see if she really proves to be Ryoko.

Oh yeah! our protagonist actually started getting useful too. What to you know she can actually do staff.
Now if only the technical department wasn't so lame.
Feb 5, 2012 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
Oh my god, that was some pretty awful Engrish right there. Some nice product placement with the Toyota Yaris as well.

I'm glad Hibiki is finally being a little bit more useful now. Looks like Durandal was meant to be used by her after all. She still wasn't able to control the power though. She went all beserk again.

Feb 5, 2012 5:35 PM

Jul 2009
Well...
Dat. Engrish. Fucking hell. Little kids speak better than that. That was pure gibberish.

Hibiki being a match for the sword was pretty damn convenient. Script, y u so fail?

Dunno about the science lady being evul, but I sure like it how they're like, using 2 teenage girls to fight cuz they're helpless and all, but every time there's a crisis, someone magically pulls out superpowers outta his ass. Classy.

Oh and also, they're like, a super secret government organization, and they're transporting their most uber item. So, what are they using? Maybe armored vehicles? Tanks? A submarine? Undercover operatives? Some freaking decoys for god's sake?
No, they're driving a pink Toyota in broad fucking daylight.

Somebody make me drop this... >_>
Feb 5, 2012 7:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Quality control where?

>->

To be honest, Kugimiya Rie sings better than Yuuki Aoi.
wakka9caFeb 5, 2012 7:27 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 6, 2012 1:57 AM
Jan 2009
tbh I enjoy Hibiki's singing
it has more spirit and life to it than nana mizuki's played out vocal antics
Feb 6, 2012 5:30 AM

Apr 2011
Veerlos said:
Symphogeah more like trainwreck: the animation.

And that's actually entitled Mars of Destruction (TV)
Feb 7, 2012 11:40 AM

Jun 2011
nice
but i really hate the sound in this anime. the musics are really shit, and i hate the fact that they have to sing those shit musics to have power. ED and OP bad to
Feb 9, 2012 6:34 PM

Dec 2007
So glad they put subtitles for the English. Could not understand any of it. lol

Also Ryoko is so obvious bad. Pretty sure she's the naked woman too.
Feb 10, 2012 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
Wonder what Miss Obnoxious' agenda is. The torture and massacre scenes were nice counterbalances to the mediocre story. Dark Hibiki is scary 4/5.

I wish Japanese shows would stick to Japanese. I nearly had an earbleed.
Feb 10, 2012 7:00 AM

Sep 2010
This anime is awesome.....

I like that all the characters are self-loathing...... It's just epic..... >.>
Feb 11, 2012 2:58 AM

May 2010
EPIC!!
Feb 11, 2012 11:49 AM

May 2011
Lol its always hilarious when they put Engrish in the anime. Made no sense whatsoever haha.

That blood on the suitcase... very suspicious. Ryoko looks to me like she's that blond woman in the beginning. Wonder what she's up to. And I can't tell if Kurisu likes being tortured or she's just suffering through it.

I hope Hibiki doesn't end up using Durandal as her main weapon, sure would be crap if she outta nowhere became like the strongest character. Wonder if Tsubasa is gunna try and get along with Hibiki now after what Kanade saids. Ughh dno if I am gunna like it if that happens.
Feb 11, 2012 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
I rewound the part where evil naked bitch said the word "reported" and laughed hard enough to warrant a sit on my bed whist I caught my breath. >D

Them singing in the anime to use their powers is getting to a level of annoyance equal to that of an anime where, in order to use a particular, mundane attack, one would have to repeat it over and over. A la, you can't just shoot that beam, you have to yell "Hundred Lazer Shoot!" each and every time.

Minor gripes none the less. Will happily continue watching to see what unfolds. :)
Feb 13, 2012 12:37 PM

Dec 2006
Bad Engrish with Americans as the bad guys ... sounds like some kind of cheap action movie. Chris being loved/tortured was disturbing but no more than hearing hibiki sang xD
I want moar tsubasa~
Feb 13, 2012 1:07 PM
May 2008
AidanAK47 said:
I swear to god that power up sound of the Durandal is the exact same sound effect as charging your beam in Metroid Prime. Just play the episode at 20:24 and listen to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9wmIFQqqd8

It's exactly the same.

No, it's just a coincidence :P

I somehow enjoy this anime :) The art quality is not the best, but other than that it is okay, so far.
Feb 16, 2012 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
Well... whatever?...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 17, 2012 11:36 PM

Jul 2011
The English really was terrible. There's really no excuse for something like that, especially for something that is supposed to be a professionally made product. Screams amateur hour to me. Wasn't just the voice acting but the script itself.

That said I couldn't stop myself from laughing really hard while watching. Actually had to pause and give myself a minute. Even if it was bad it was pretty funny.

Not really a fan of the cars randomly blowing up, either. Seems like a cheap way to throw in a bit of excitement. Don't know about you but I've never seen a car turn into a massive fireball because it hit a wall.

Anyway, why am I hearing talk of Hibiki finally being able to fight? I didn't see anything this episode that she hasn't already done before. Save for the weapon but I don't see how that makes her a better fighter seeing how she can't actually control the thing.

Am wondering something about the plant Hibiki blew up, though. Were there people in it? If there was then why did the fact that a bunch of them probably got killed by her just get glossed over?

Also, as always, the singing was awful. Just atrocious. All and all another episode barely worth watching.
TanrimFeb 17, 2012 11:48 PM
Feb 25, 2012 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
wtf was going on in the beginning? naked blonde chick with engrish shocking the girl with enemy symphogear? ....

NOT EXPECTED

Hibki being able to fight is a bit sudden after one bout of training?

Ryouko has some kind of power .... and what was with the blood on her suitcase?
Mar 19, 2012 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
If the guy speaks a little faster his English would be great. He enunciates his words well, the girl was almost unintelligible with her Engrish at times.

I really like how brutal this anime is about not being nice and dandy. Blood everywhere a lot and seriousness is good. I'm so compelled to watch more of it.
Mar 22, 2012 6:11 PM

Jun 2009
Elite60 said:
Damn that woman at the beginning is one sadistic woman with all those torture devices and she was walking around naked as well.

Also, dat english.
LMAO That english was ruff lol that was a odd scene.
Apr 18, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2008
Such a big weapon . Being so big actually makes it harder to swing . Therefore slowing down the user. As seen in the anime which hibiki took quite a few moments to swing the sword down. in close range such a big weapon probably wont be appropriate. Though i guess the girl nvr thought of that .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 29, 2012 2:13 PM

Mar 2012
Durandal part it was awesome. Great eisode.
Mar 18, 2013 1:42 PM

Apr 2008
Ugh, when these japanese VAs speak english, it sounds so very bad :P
For most of them.

Jul 15, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode.
Though the fight scene was awesome, great animation.
Aug 4, 2013 12:46 PM

Jan 2012
Ryouko's not whom she seems...
DAT ENGRISH.
Aug 23, 2013 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
I cant shake the feeling that the scientist lady is the naked chick we saw at the beginning, that she somehow changed her hair color and is acting innocent, or perhaps shes not aware since she was acting like the scientist when in the car alone plus they attacked her allegedly when theres blood on the suitcase thingie and if i was reading the conversation right she has the protection from the thugs who work for the U.S govt.
Oct 10, 2013 6:10 AM

May 2012
That ending sure was tense! Really great development I must say and what a nice concept for a sword!
Nov 28, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

I lol'd at the engrish at the beginning.

Hibiki looks a lot cooler now that she learned how to fight. It's pretty obvious now that Ryoko isn't what she seems...
Jul 31, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2014
Haha that English in the beginning was entertaining.

So I guess Hibiki is some sort of "chosen one" as she can now use the Durandal. Pretty intense ending to this episode!

Overall, I think this show is kinda stupid, but I actually really like it :p 9/10 so far!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2014 1:04 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
this episode was so bad it was funny to me. interesting indeed.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Oct 18, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2013
Oh my god. That Engrish. I couldn't help but laugh. I heard so much better. Why I am getting evil vibes from Ryoko. She's hiding something. Pretty good episode.
Feb 22, 2015 1:56 AM

Nov 2009
Welp, Scientist lady is obvious villain and Hibiki finally became useful and didnt run away or cry, Thank fucking God.
Jun 21, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode.

That Engrish though XD

It's obvious the Dominant girl was Ryouko just because Sawashiro-san is voicing her :P

She sounds like her Kagura voice in Onechanbara series XD

So Chris is her name?? Funny there's also Chris in Cross Ange and both are girls!

WTF both seems to be in BDSM :O

Lots of Bruce Lee reference!! Hibiki really fits he's style eh? :P

I love how when Hibiki falls, her song doesn't get sync so it makes it real that's she singing it in real time while fighting.

Durandal looks strong as hell!!!

Can't wait to see Hibiki controlling it fully.

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jul 11, 2017 2:00 PM
Jun 2010
I'm rewatching it, and reading the old threads as I go.

Besides being really surprised by all the negativity and hate (honestly sounds like the people here back in 2012 didn't really get what the series was like and kept getting angrier it wasn't whatever expectations they had), it's kind of impressive how many people didn't find it extremely obvious Ryoko was the blond woman. I mean, voice and the shape of her bangs totally gives it away.

And I kinda forgot the overly sexual torture section in the beginning. I remembered she eletrocuted Chris, and the whole "pain is the only way to create a true bond", but I ddin't remember she pressed her naked body against Chris'. Wow.

Also Hibiki's berserk mode looks so weird, with her whole head becoming a silhouette. Never been a fan of that, there's probably better ways. That said, the first season is clearly made on a budget so I can't complain too much about it.
Sep 5, 2017 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
So that whole incident from the last episode was a girl named "Chris", who we can see is being controlled by some other chick who for some reason wears a costume in which her entire asshole is hanging out. This chick seems to take pleasure in her pain, has terrible Engrish, and is misleading her about some kind of wish. I have a feeling Chris is going to become a proper Symphogear fighter eventually.

"My perfect attendance record..." Now is not the time to think about that, Tsubasa. You almost died.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 14, 2017 6:30 AM

Jun 2017
Eh... the engrish in this anime is tough for me to hear. But that was awesome, Hibiki kicking ass. There's definitely something wrong with that Ryoukou chick. I don't like her, showing several signs already that make me think she's not a good guy... just a guess of course, but they have gone out of their way to show enough that I'm 99% convinced she's a bad guy.

Well, suppose I'll find out before long if that's the case.

CatSoul said:
...has terrible Engrish...

Anyone whose Engrish is that bad can't possibly be redeemed. Horrible person, even if we hadn't seen all that other twisted stuff.

Caio_Esteves said:
it's kind of impressive how many people didn't find it extremely obvious Ryoko was the blond woman. I mean, voice and the shape of her bangs totally gives it away.

Right, well I guess I'm 100% convinced she's a bad guy now, thanks to your spoiler. If you commented on the other episode threads I guess I'm going to have to avoid reading anything in these until I'm finished with the series completely.
Alpha-MethylDec 14, 2017 6:43 AM
Nov 2, 2018 6:10 AM

May 2016
Wow, Durandel's power is like Heman's all over ;-;
Nov 3, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2016
Well, this what I expect Hibiki become better in fighting but they doesn't said anything how long Tsubasa have been in coma, she just woke up fine.

Also, Lewds in the scene with Fine and Chris ;3
Mar 19, 2020 2:20 AM

Jan 2013
Ouch that engrish.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cirris - Mar 30, 2012

151 by TheLyingSpectre »»
Mar 13, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 9, 2012

58 by IssunWriter993 »»
Feb 4, 10:16 PM

» New movie announced

Piromysl - Dec 1, 2023

3 by KanameYuuki »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jan 6, 2012

265 by rsc-pl »»
Nov 22, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Feb 10, 2012

64 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Oct 20, 2023 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.