Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 20, 2018 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
I feel so bad for Anzu, poor girl just seems like a series of misfortunes.

Hina once again causing chaos in Nitta's life, I love how shes trying her best to help but is doing the exact opposite.
Apr 20, 2018 5:36 PM

Aug 2014
Making 15 bucks/hour is alot here lul.
mz0950-23-18 said:
This is bad. Everything happened so fast and i could tell as soon as ep 12 finished airing i'm gonna miss this anime! That op, that ending, anzu, all.. shit

Ikr.
Here we already on 3 which means 9 left.

That will go like a breeze.
Apr 20, 2018 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
Hope Anzu will improve her lifestyle or financial situation in the future. I don't like seeing her going through garbage. :'(

Hitomi is sooooo funny and cute! So funny how she was blackmailed. I knew that Utako would have a back-up photo of her stored or moved somewhere. :))
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 20, 2018 5:50 PM

Oct 2017
I'm loving this anime, and to think I was about to skip it for this season...

Great episode.
im trying my best to stop being a weeb ok dont judge me
Apr 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Jul 2015
Being homeless is rough, but Anzu found a nice old guy to help her figure out how to live somewhat happier, I was busy getting all feelsy during the episode though. She really can't sing though.

Also got more Hitomi this episode, glad to she shes for some reason still working as a bartender, though she got... blackmailed into it... And of course her teacher came in, these sorts of situations are what I love most in anime.

And last, Hina had a nightmare and... turns out she sucks at cleaning and... THEY ENDED IT ON A FREAKING CLIFF HANGER... THE HECK... Twas a very good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 20, 2018 7:25 PM

Dec 2017
ZeroLegend said:
I'm sure others noticed ufotable name mentioned at the ED (who would miss it) but no one mentioned it or its role in this anime production and I can't read Japanese, so if someone would mind help me here and look into it and what does it mean?

after looking for it, these are the studios who involved in 2nd key animations and/or in-between animations and/or finishing:

GAINAX, White Fox, Kinema Citrus, J.C.Staff, ufotable, Zexcs, Troyca, Diomedea, Gonzo, Silver Link and other 30+ studios.

holy shit look at those big names, no wonder the animation is very good.
Apr 20, 2018 7:59 PM

May 2017
I love Anzu's character development, it teared me up honestly in her segment but damn, Hitomi's segment was hilarious as always, best girl for me, even Utako's there for me in the best girl race

So far

Hitomi > Utako > Anzu > Hina
Apr 20, 2018 8:03 PM

Jan 2012
oh man this is so good! top 1 spring 2018
Apr 20, 2018 8:27 PM

Feb 2011
WHY WOULD THEY END IT THERE I FEEL SO TROLLED
Apr 20, 2018 8:45 PM
Apr 2016
part of anzu when it became a bum could be spelled out this part that touched my heart in this anime (it's just that I worry when doujin makers see this)
and finally I can clearly imagine the future of the hitomi
to hina
hmmmmm ah never mind
Apr 20, 2018 9:54 PM

Nov 2016
I like this show and all the characters have such big personalities, but at the same time everything feels like it moves twice as fast as it should. The portion about Anzu being homeless could have, and really should have, filled an entire episode on its own. Because everything moves so quickly the relationships built between the characters don't feel solid enough despite all of them being so interesting. It's good, I just think the pacing is a bit off.
Apr 20, 2018 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Anzu greatness!
Her episode is always heartwarming to watch and full of emotion :(
Hitomi got block and now she even need to work as a bartender for now.
Apr 20, 2018 11:36 PM

Jan 2010
LMFAO... The million dollar cocktail is my ex wife's drink... L O L!!!
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Apr 20, 2018 11:50 PM
Apr 2016
Anzu getting surrounded by old homeless people, it made me feel disturbed for a moment. Damn, I should stop watching hentais.
Apr 21, 2018 12:18 AM

Jun 2017
In a season of lean cows this show has been getting better with every episode. To think that I almost gave it a miss after reading the synopsis.
TirinchasApr 21, 2018 12:21 AM

Apr 21, 2018 12:39 AM

Nov 2014
Anzu > Hina

Hitomi is great too.

Now, that's interesting cliffhanger ending xD
Apr 21, 2018 12:54 AM

Jul 2015
The first half of the episode was sad and emotional.

Second half had lot of humor elements like

"M M Million Dollar please".and "Irasshaimase".

The cliffhanger at the end though.

Great episode.

Apr 21, 2018 1:03 AM

Apr 2015
this is my anime of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2018 2:02 AM

May 2009
For the first time in my life I'm glad that an episode has ended at the right time, poor nitta lol

Blackmailing scene was perfect
Apr 21, 2018 2:04 AM

May 2015
Thank goodness for Anzu, she's a breath of fresh air for the series. Don't like that main girl at all, I'm tired of her shtick already.
Apr 21, 2018 2:23 AM

Mar 2013
Pfftt Hina getting paranoid that Nitta will replace her with Anzu
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 21, 2018 2:27 AM

Aug 2012
Paul said:
A little worried about Anzu's environment. The opening seems to show her getting a job, so I hope she's not stuck homeless to long.

There is already a hint on the opening on what's gonna happen to her.
Apr 21, 2018 3:41 AM

Apr 2016
You ever laugh so hard you start choking? That's what happened to me when Hina saw herself homeless and was asking for spare change. I LOVE how she instantly started to try to make Nitta's life better, so she wouldn't become homeless. Looks like it's going to heavily backfire in the next episode though.

Honestly, I felt so sad for Anzu. She is so nice, yet she's suffering. I'm glad she found other homeless to make friends with. She's a funny character, and it's nice that this show isn't a complete comedy and still had some serious parts.

Mishima is hillarious as well. Forced into a life she didn't ask for, but surprisingly great at. Her interaction with her homeroom teacher was great. I love how she got blackmailed into being a bartender. Just ridiculous and hillarious.

Overall a 4.5/5 for me. Great episode.
[
Apr 21, 2018 3:59 AM

Oct 2009
The homeless Anzu is so cute :x

Poor Hiromi got tricked into becoming a bartender. I really like Hiromi's reaction when talking with Utako and her homeroom teacher. Put it on replay for a few times haha

Hina doing housework RIP vase -> Nitta says "I'm home" without showing his expression -> ending song 🤣🤣 Can't wait to see Nitta's reaction next week.
Apr 21, 2018 5:27 AM

Jun 2016
Xaelath said:
mz0950-23-18 said:
This is bad. Everything happened so fast and i could tell as soon as ep 12 finished airing i'm gonna miss this anime! That op, that ending, anzu, all.. shit

Ikr.

That ED especially, will sounds super nostalgic when the anime is over..
Damn, i hope there'll be a season 2 (if the story/manga is still far from reaching the end, and if the show sell, idk). This is like the best comedy/supernatural anime i watched in a while.
Apr 21, 2018 5:34 AM

Jun 2013
Utako is so hot, no wonder Nitta wants to tap that ass. Even I want her.

Anzu is one of my faves, it breaks my heart how she needs to steal to survive. I also feel sorry for the homeless people she stays with and I hope their situation improves.

That part where Nitta gives Anzu the money made me tear up. TT__TT

ANZU IS BEST GIRL!

Next best girl is Hitomi. I love how she accidentally found her calling as a bartender through a drunk salaryman and now Utako is bribing her to work for her. 1500 yen an hour is not bad for a middle schooler.

Love how the salaryman's son is part of the yakuza. LOL at her teacher for wanting a promotion over stopping his student from bartending.

Hina is just destructive which makes me like her less. She's the third or fourth best girl in the series.

Best girl in order: Anzu, Hitomi, Utako and Hina.
臭い-
Apr 21, 2018 5:57 AM

Sep 2016
Lol first part was sad but then the second part just went so hilarious XD
Apr 21, 2018 6:07 AM

Sep 2015
O god, Hitomi's bartender escapades are just fking amazing, LOL.
'Normal middle schoolers don't have jobs' I think you're trying to use common sense on exactly the wrong person there, Hitomi.

Also, this part reminded me a lot of my attitude during coding... 'Thing's a total mess and needs to be rewritten? Eh, I'll do it later.'
Apr 21, 2018 7:31 AM

Apr 2015
if I can read japanese right the title of this episode ACTUALLY means

the life of the homeless

and yeah, I'm NEVER gonna bring a poor soul into this world of pain and suffering. no compromises whatsoever.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Apr 21, 2018 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
I feel bad for Anzu. Poor kid :(

''You should try being homeless like her'' LMAO

Hitomi is so funny I love her. The blackmailing scene made me laugh so hard. This show is getting better with each episode. It's just so relaxing and fun to watch.
Apr 21, 2018 9:53 AM
Nov 2017
Such a good episode and Hitomi is the best girl this spring season :)

Apr 21, 2018 10:52 AM

Oct 2015
I'm not really sold by the first segment but the segment with Hitomi bartending was hilarious and the segment that follows that as well
Apr 21, 2018 11:24 AM

Sep 2016
I do love the animation in this one. So much character in the faces.
Apr 21, 2018 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
This show keeps impressing me more and more. Definitely the AOTS for me. Hope it maintains this level of quality so it can be held amongst greats of comedy like Nichijou.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2018 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was great! I wish the whole series was out so I could watch it all. It may sound strange but this comes in #2 for me this season right after MHA.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Apr 21, 2018 12:35 PM
Jan 2016
Wow i can't believe i got an emotional scene in this episode 😭

Hitomi you're the best! 😂
Apr 21, 2018 12:48 PM
Mar 2015
Jacob_Chimera said:
The portion about Anzu being homeless could have, and really should have, filled an entire episode on its own. Because everything moves so quickly the relationships built between the characters don't feel solid enough despite all of them being so interesting. It's good, I just think the pacing is a bit off.

As much as I'd like the whole episode dedicated to best daughter Anzu, her part followed the manga pretty much exactly. Plus, the way they shifted from emotional and heartwarming to Hitomi's comedy worked really well.
Apr 21, 2018 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
Man, whenever this series isn't leaving me rolling with laughter, it's warming my steel heart. Some great character development for Anzu here, and plenty of funny interactions with Hitomi. What a rebel.

I wonder if we'll get the reaction shot we're all expecting next episode, or if it'll just skip to the consequences. The title of the next episode is pretty foreboding.
Apr 21, 2018 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
mozo said:
Xaelath said:

Ikr.

That ED especially, will sounds super nostalgic when the anime is over..
Damn, i hope there'll be a season 2 (if the story/manga is still far from reaching the end, and if the show sell, idk). This is like the best comedy/supernatural anime i watched in a while.

There's Saiki but it lacks Hina cuteness and abit of serious drama.

I do say both good but Hina character line up is rare, we got an adult? character as main character and he's a yakuza lul.
Apr 21, 2018 6:36 PM
Nov 2010
Considering how much of a blast episode 2 was, I wasn't expecting the feels from this one. Anzu is so adorable =< When she bowed in gratitude and then when they took her money away I was devastated too. =((((((((

Also I love how they draw Mishima's facial expressions. That "it's not me face," was so hilarious. That look suspicious look he gave her was gold.
Apr 21, 2018 7:53 PM

Jan 2011
3 waves of emotion this week went from biblethumping wishing for Anzu to be happy and in a better place, to laugh at the crazy situation hitomi is in ,to being angry reminding myself why Hina is the worst lol

show keeps on giving guess the OP makes a bit more sense now with them crying this show isn't all fun and games
Apr 22, 2018 12:12 AM

Feb 2014
Could anything be more moe than a poor little homeless kinpatsu loli?

Hitomi now has twice as many favorites as Hina after this episode, and I can see why. As funny as watching Hina trash Nitta's entire house was, Hitomi's part was even more amusing. I wonder if she'll become the Walter White of cocktails, and an undergroud bartendering legend by the end of the show.
Apr 22, 2018 12:22 AM

Mar 2009
Anzu is a good girl.
Apr 22, 2018 12:43 AM

Oct 2013
Ahhhhh damn the cliffhanger.... ahhh... wanna c angry nitta!!
Apr 22, 2018 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is so good I'm impressed. The scenes with Mishima as bartender were the highlight of this episode, so hilarious.

Hina done fucked up. That cliffhanger tho

Anzu's getting more used to the hobo life
Apr 22, 2018 2:05 AM
Mar 2018
Vhailor said:
Could anything be more moe than a poor little homeless kinpatsu loli?

Hitomi now has twice as many favorites as Hina after this episode, and I can see why. As funny as watching Hina trash Nitta's entire house was, Hitomi's part was even more amusing. I wonder if she'll become the Walter White of cocktails, and an undergroud bartendering legend by the end of the show.

Apr 22, 2018 2:08 AM
Jun 2017
great episode, it has shown Anzu, Hitomi and Hina per separate parts...

Anzu sure have found her place here on earth, HItomi already pursuit being a bartender and Hina tried to clean their home... hahaha
Apr 22, 2018 3:24 AM

Jun 2016
I can finally say that this is the AOTS for me. Jesus Christ. Hahahaha.

I love Anzu. She must be protected. Huhu. As much as I want Nitta to adopt her, I don't want her to leave her new friends. Huhu. My baby Anzu needs a hug.

Aww Hina. You cutie.

Hitomi as a bartender!?! Hahahaha. Yaaaaas.

Another hilarious fucking episode. 5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 22, 2018 5:40 AM
May 2017
That cliffhanger tho...
At least put something like "To Be Continue" at the corner of the screen :)
Yes. I know, it's a jojo reference :)
Apr 22, 2018 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
Okay. I realized this anime is not for me. I gave it three episodes.

Dropped.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.