Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Anzu is so amusing to watch. I like her character chemistry with Nitta this episode. including her little song It also did get a bit emotional too.

The second half of the episode featured Mishima, a model student at school. The part that really entertained me though is her role at the bar. I also can't help but laugh a little bit at Hina in her cleaning outfit. Gotta keep that house clean!

My personal favorite segment is still Anzu.
Stark700Apr 20, 2018 9:42 AM
Apr 20, 2018 6:27 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't even think of watching this, now it's turned to be one of my favorites this season!

We started with following Anzu and I love her, she is such a fun character to watch, add to that her cuteness.
Later we got a bit of Mishima, I found her scene with the teacher funny.
After that, we went back to Hina but in a cleaning outfit. She can't do anything without breaking Nita's vase collection, can she?

I definitely feel the soundtrack and it's pretty good and well suited for the drama theme of the show.

4.5/5 I am having a lot of fun watching it.

MrMushinApr 20, 2018 8:50 AM
Apr 20, 2018 6:37 AM

Jan 2012
Anzu and the homeless this week. Still as emotionally moving as it was in the manga. Just watch out for that self-fulfilling prophecy Hina. XD
animefan8800Apr 20, 2018 7:01 AM
Apr 20, 2018 6:46 AM

Jun 2013
The homeless life begins!
Kitan~!
Apr 20, 2018 7:04 AM

Nov 2016
Homeless Anzu
Barkeeper Hitomi
Maid Hina

Great episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2018 7:15 AM

Feb 2017
Poor Anzu... How could I forget how sad the beginning of her homeless life is? Why does such a good girl have to suffer this much? I almost cried.
By the way, anyone knows what this "893" on the license plate in this episode and in the ED means? I don't remember this being any significant number in the manga and I don't know Japanese either so I have no idea if pronunciation of this number sounds like something else and thus make it a play on words.
Besides, it's really good to see how Hitomi's working life begun. What a good thing her teacher is so dumb! She believes people too much, though.
Last part is my favorite. It was really funny until I remembered that my attempts to clean house look exactly the same (except psychic powers and breaking vases).
But oh, what a terrible cliffhanger! I know what happens next but I still can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 20, 2018 7:15 AM

Mar 2016
The next Madao is here folks! Also, the segment os Mishima was hilarious, the part when the sensei walked into the bar and Mishima screamed 'Irasshaimase' totally killed me. And Hina being a maid... As we say in my country "se muere de hambre", I wonder if the next episode we'll get to know what happened after Nita walked in the apartment.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 20, 2018 7:16 AM

Dec 2016
I originally thought Anzu would have found a home and family at this stage but I was wrong.

She is doing a good job fitting in with those other homeless people, I like how she refused the money to begin with but glad she took it in the end to try and help, didn't quite work out but I like her progress.

Very crafty plan there by Utako to get Hitomi to work there, either way she is very good at that job and looks like she is having fun, the money is also very good.

I think Hina should stay away from housework from now on, ah they ended the show at the best part lol, I wanted to see his horrified reaction.
Apr 20, 2018 7:43 AM

Dec 2017
Mi...mi...mi...Million Dollar please

the first half of this episode is really sad and heartwarming at the same time, i love seeing Anzu tried her best for being homest, despite having a psychic power, she just don’t want to dissapoint Hina, i wish Anzu got the job on the ramen shop asap just like in the OP.

and the bar scene is just pure entertainment damn, Hitomi and Utako extorting each other. and i love the background music aswell, very relaxing.

the animation is still flawless as ever, another great episode
Apr 20, 2018 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Went from to like someone flipped a switch.

This show's just too good.
Apr 20, 2018 8:02 AM

Feb 2018
annelora said:

By the way, anyone knows what this "893" on the license plate in this episode and in the ED means? I don't remember this being any significant number in the manga and I don't know Japanese either so I have no idea if pronunciation of this number sounds like

It's the losing number of a game that gave the name Yakuza
~Am I invisible on the internet too?~
WHY CAN'T I STOP LISTENING KOKKOKU OP?
oh....thats right. That's the cause

See you Space Cowdog.
Apr 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Feb 2017
lostduckstar said:
annelora said:

By the way, anyone knows what this "893" on the license plate in this episode and in the ED means? I don't remember this being any significant number in the manga and I don't know Japanese either so I have no idea if pronunciation of this number sounds like

It's the losing number of a game that gave the name Yakuza

Thank you! This sounds interesting. I think I'll read more about it!
Apr 20, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Anzu finding her place among the homeless. :(
That song and that scene where she takes money from Nitta was pretty moving. :(

I kinda feel bad for Hitomi that she's mixing drinks at her age but at the same time she's making that bank. XD
I agree with Utako, Hitomi looks great in the bartender attire. <3

Hina trying to clean up the house and win Nitta over was cute but her cleaning sure backfired. XD
Apr 20, 2018 8:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This cliffhanger LOOOOL

Now then, i almost teared at Anzu and the homeless people, that was so heartwarming. I loved it so much.

Hitomi just wrecking havoc with her bartender skills was hilarious.

Utako is a devil xD
Apr 20, 2018 8:34 AM

Dec 2014
ANzu is such a good character to watch... the poor middle school girl is making crazy money and hina ....well she is a walking disaster...so good to watch this series
Apr 20, 2018 8:38 AM

Mar 2016
Omg poor Anzu ... :( I can’t at least she found some people to be with...
I’m. So jealous jealous of Hitomi ... my job rn is working out I just want money Jesus Christ making like 15 an hour ahhivnienjvndsocjldwnjln life jk de
Hina really tries but she just a child !

That cliffhanger ... I’m honestly a little scared .
Amazing episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
Anzu really does have singing skills, really emotional. Her new lifestyle with the homeless community is quite interesting.

Hitomi and Utako relationship is so damn hilarious. Utako is a scary person. That threat tho. Hitomi with her talented skills as a bartender is so amusing to watch. She is one of my favourites chars of the show so far.

Hina trying to clean the house. It really was expectation vs reality situation. I feel bad for Nitta RIP.
Apr 20, 2018 9:07 AM

Jul 2017
So, 3 parts here in this episode:

1) Anzu living the hobo life 101
So...Anzu getting to know the lives of the homeless as she fits in with problems, but subsequently gets accepted by the homeless as it made emotional tears drip again... :-(

2) The school classmate Hitomi Mishima
After the events of Ep 2, she became a high school student by day and a bartender by nite...oh boy, what a close shave btw her homeroom teacher and her, luckily her unparalleled skills docked her teacher's senses before he could recognize her...

3) Hina and Nitta the aftermath
Honestly that cliffhanger spells trouble, but for Hina who realizes her life's at stake btw Anzu and her being livable beings, she does "spring cleaning" the way Nitta doesn't realize...(and that's the manga chapter end card btw...)

Overall, still a worthy episode and immediate grounds for the next week!
So sad this is underrated...
KANLen09Apr 20, 2018 9:11 AM
Apr 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Jun 2015
Anzu living homeless was funny to watch. It's hard work. Hitomi is very good as a bartender. Hina trying to clean the place was amusing. She broke so many stuff. Nitta is going to be pissed.
Apr 20, 2018 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
Fine episode. Nowhere near as funny as the last one but still, alright stuff.

I would love to have a cold one by Hitomi. Sure can pull off a bartender really fucking well.
Apr 20, 2018 9:37 AM
May 2017
I love this series so much. The first part so sad and made me cry. And I was laughing all the time for the rest of the episode.
Apr 20, 2018 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Anzu :') watching her grow up was beautiful.

Ugh Cliffhanger. Can't wait to see Niita's reaction next week. Let's see will Niita actually disown Hina, or will he forget about it seeing Hina got a stomachache.
Apr 20, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was hilarious and that cliffhanger!
Apr 20, 2018 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
Dude...Anzu being homeless was great. Hilarious.

Hitomi...oh my good. "MILLION DOLLAR PLEASE" had me crying!

Then that cliffhanger...next week's episode is going to be hilarious!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 20, 2018 10:11 AM

Sep 2016
this series is amazing so far. The animation is surprisingly holding up at a high quality and the comedy is just super sweet I LOVE HINA (pun intended lel) I LOVE EVERYTHING. Comedy of the year for now, not counting pte.
Apr 20, 2018 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
It's awesome how this show can engage in an emotional story as well, and the hitomi part was so 10/10

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Apr 20, 2018 10:57 AM

Dec 2017
damn, no more salmon roe for u hina
Apr 20, 2018 10:59 AM
Jun 2016
such a great episode, this is definetly one of my favorite so far :> so many great moments in one episode.
Apr 20, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2016
This is bad. Everything happened so fast and i could tell as soon as ep 12 finished airing i'm gonna miss this anime! That op, that ending, anzu, all.. shit
Apr 20, 2018 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
Anzu's smile must be protected, fatherly instincts too strong for best daughter 2018.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 20, 2018 11:31 AM
Nov 2017
Worlds youngest bartender is killing it! Hitomi is great, quite enjoyed watching her mixing drinks as well as attempting to blackmail. It only got better when her teacher turned up!

Anzu really is working hard to be homeless. Tis nice, she seems to have a supporting cast of kind homeless people to guide her way.

Hina's nightmare was funny. As well as her catastrophic attempt at tidying the apartment. Poor girl!
Apr 20, 2018 12:07 PM
Oct 2013
im still wondering why people didn't notice the coat that Anzu is wearing all the time. Not that I mean it's not sad and touching but....really?
Apr 20, 2018 12:31 PM

Sep 2017
Poor Anzu... I feel bad for her. From the OP it looks like she'll get a job and start supporting herself. I'm kinda glad that may be the case rather than just moving in with Hina.

I can't believe Utako actually blackmailed a middle schooler into working at a bar. Hitomi was smart enough to record the conversation... but still a bit too naive it seems.

This anime is just a ton of fun.
Apr 20, 2018 12:47 PM

Feb 2016
That Anzu part was quite Bittersweet ;_; Good Lord she's adorable.

Lmao, Hitomi is now a pro bartender. Good for her and her Teacher LOL.

Awwww Hina wanted to do something good but couldn't, Expected her to receive Nitta in tears. #JustHinaThings
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 20, 2018 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
I loved the bartender half. This was the best.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 20, 2018 1:27 PM

Sep 2015
Utako is the devil!
Hard times are waiting for Anzu. She should just ask for shelter with Hina and Nitta, so much pride.

Apr 20, 2018 1:32 PM

Aug 2016
Whelp, that's not how I imagined Anzu singing would sounds like, what a tear bringing experience (and not because it was emotionnal xD). She does much better at survival skills, at least, or she'd be in trouble.

Actual spoilers v

R.I.P. Vase.. again.
LordFartdinkleApr 20, 2018 1:36 PM
Apr 20, 2018 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
Anzu learned her lesson the hard way. But it was nice, that she humbly accepted the money from Nitta, at least the shop owners are not after her any longer.

And Hina learned to appreciate having a place to stay etc. Too bad, that her plan to be helpful backfired.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 20, 2018 1:51 PM

Sep 2017
Yep, possible AOTS for me.
Apr 20, 2018 2:10 PM
Mar 2015
Anzu finding someplace to be was quite emotional. That girl is one great bartender. Hina should stay away from household chores
Apr 20, 2018 2:26 PM
Mar 2016
Ya know maybe Nitta would have been better off with Anzu than with the bungling Hina.
Apr 20, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2015
I am really enjoying this show a lot so far. Definitely high up there this season!

Apr 20, 2018 2:41 PM

Feb 2018
I like how this show portrays some kind of morals of this parallel society: Anzu is taken what she took in the first place, not a yen more and with no further consequences (even if it was Nitta's money). However, at this point she'd better not be so proud with Nitta, since if you think about it, it was his fault that her capsule ball got broken.

Hitomi tried to keep up with Utako's game, but she still lacks experience: Don't mess with adult women, they always win XD
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Apr 20, 2018 2:59 PM

May 2016
Poor Anzu, but at least she's learning how to live an honest life.

As for Mishima... I wonder how her parents are going to react when they find out their daughter is working as a bartender. You can't tell me they're not keeping an eye on her bank account. They're bound to get suspicious sooner or later.

And Hina's attempt to clean the apartment was at least an honest one, hopefully Nitta realizes that.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Apr 20, 2018 3:42 PM
Apr 2017
9/10!!!!! 9/10!!!!! this anime is a 9/10!!!!! i'm having so much fun watching.
Apr 20, 2018 4:03 PM
Dec 2014
I'm sure others noticed ufotable name mentioned at the ED (who would miss it) but no one mentioned it or its role in this anime production and I can't read Japanese, so if someone would mind help me here and look into it and what does it mean?

Gainax, white fox, silver link, J.C. staff and quite more studios are also there, so what's exactly the story here? are these all involved in the production or is it just minor roles?

And it's another entertaining episode as always. Anzu is so adorable, yet so polite (not like that Hina)
Apr 20, 2018 4:24 PM

Dec 2016
This show is just so good lol, all the characters are so good!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 20, 2018 4:45 PM
Dec 2017
very good, there is a moment that makes sad and there is also a moment that makes laugh, a very cool blend
Apr 20, 2018 4:56 PM

Jan 2008
A little worried about Anzu's environment. The opening seems to show her getting a job, so I hope she's not stuck homeless to long.

Entire bar bit was pretty great. Lols at the blackmailing. Well at least she's getting paid.

Hina was pretty great the first episode but these two are already outshining her.
Apr 20, 2018 5:12 PM

Jan 2018
A heartwarming in first section of this episode. Maybe Anzu is difficult in case of money now, but at least she meet peoples that care about her :')

Poor Mishima, she now must work at Utako's bar. But wow looks like she just need few days to got an "Elite" badge as bartender.

As for Hina.... emmmm, at least.... at least she tried XD
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » dub or sub

OrcMeiser - Aug 3

18 by Yamsfordays »»
Aug 5, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Reckarella »»
Aug 5, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2018

139 by Reckarella »»
Aug 4, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2018

192 by Professor_Willow »»
Jun 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.