Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2018 7:49 AM
Jan 2016
I really admire Kawamoto family. They're really perfect and the most important thing is they're supporting each other really well...that's just perfect...the best family I've ever seen in the anime.
Mar 25, 2018 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Please DONT let this Sensei x Akari ship happen!

Sensei is already fucking old, while Akari is in her BRIGHT years.
Not this CRACK SHIP, not again please!
Mar 25, 2018 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
shiro_kai said:

I'm in despair! This crack-ship-making fandom has left me in despair ! Oh wait ... I have Kafuka as profile pic
Mar 25, 2018 8:45 AM

Sep 2015
squirrvev said:
shiro_kai said:

I'm in despair! This crack-ship-making fandom has left me in despair ! Oh wait ... I have Kafuka as profile pic

WAIT, WHAT?! NO!
Oh fuck! I guess I have to cheer for the happy couple now! You see what you made me do?! See what happens when you steal someone else's line?!
Mar 25, 2018 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Lovely episode, the soundtrack was really a bonus in the flashback and last scenes.
Mar 25, 2018 9:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In the last of the episode, this look of Hina over Rei, it could be the start of something higher, how love?! kekeke I hope yes!!! But Rei is in the stars!!! kekeke
Mar 25, 2018 10:36 AM
Jan 2017
This was such a beautiful episode and Rei and Hina interactions so adorable!!!!!
Ranxomare said:
In this episode, we can watch a new Rei evolve how human, and his relationships with "humans" and not only with a board!!!
I don´t believe that the season is near to end!!!

OMG I just realized that. Ahhhhhh!!! I don’t want it to end
Hisui_AkaneMar 25, 2018 10:40 AM
Mar 25, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
Episodes as light-hearted like this always succeeds in putting a smile on my face. It's that feel-good factor that adds yet another reason as to why I love this show so much. =)

Thanks to Rei's offering, Hina, Akari and Momo visit Rei's high school, along with his teacher and friends from the club, have fun with the plume noodles and the many reactions were happy and, in Hayashida's case, hilarious. As the girls were eating their food, I started to think that Hina should try to get into Rei's high school when she graduates and, ironically, both Hina and Akari had that same thought.

So the time skip to the new year did surprise me at first, but it showed just how much effort Hina is putting into her exams so that she could go to the same school as Rei does. It's also really mature of her to think about the money needed to get into a private school and naturally worries about her grandpa and how much work he puts into making sweets every day. Seeing him reassure her about her worries, plus her reaction, was emotional. =')

So do your best Hina! I believe in you! ^_^
Mar 25, 2018 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
so next week entrance exam, can't stop my smile during this episode, it's just so heartwarming...

shiro_kai said:

Hayashida is about around 35 yo, and the manga said he has same age like Shimada and Souya, only maybe his gray hair makes him look really old..
meanwhile Akari is 23, the age gap is far, but not really that bad (12 years old is still reasonable in many places, even my grandpa age is 14 years older than my grandma), i don't support this ship, but if it happens, i won't be bothered by that...
Mar 25, 2018 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
Can't believe it's almost over I'm gonna be sad
Mar 25, 2018 1:41 PM

May 2015
WOw Sensei totally crushed on Akari...I mean... Who doesn't? :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 25, 2018 1:42 PM

Sep 2015
Crocospect22 said:
so next week entrance exam, can't stop my smile during this episode, it's just so heartwarming...

shiro_kai said:

Hayashida is about around 35 yo, and the manga said he has same age like Shimada and Souya, only maybe his gray hair makes him look really old..
meanwhile Akari is 23, the age gap is far, but not really that bad (12 years old is still reasonable in many places, even my grandpa age is 14 years older than my grandma), i don't support this ship, but if it happens, i won't be bothered by that...

You are partially right, if she was 45 and he was 57 the age may not be the biggest problem, but also you would probably agree that if she was 12 and he was 24 it would be creepy.

They are both adults but I think they are not in the same stage of life, and thats would make the ship completely nonsense. Specially because Akari has so much potential in her life yet.

Mar 25, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
This was more like a shokugeki no soma episode, damn it made me hungry. Is hot af where I live but I still would happily eat that pampered udon.

Loved the mood, so warm, makes my heart flutters.
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 25, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2015
Wait I just noticed

MAL said that this show is: Aired: Oct 14, 2017 to Mar 31, 2018 and this is episode 20. It said that there is 22 eps. So double episode next week or mistake? Any info?

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 25, 2018 6:02 PM

Oct 2014
FrozenRaider said:
Wait I just noticed

MAL said that this show is: Aired: Oct 14, 2017 to Mar 31, 2018 and this is episode 20. It said that there is 22 eps. So double episode next week or mistake? Any info?

Yes, we will have double episode next week. Source is the anime official website

http://3lion-anime.com/news/?id=46565
Mar 26, 2018 2:29 AM

May 2015
ElZavier said:
FrozenRaider said:
Wait I just noticed

Yes, we will have double episode next week. Source is the anime official website

http://3lion-anime.com/news/?id=46565

I see. Thanks for info. ;)

Mar 26, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2014
shiro_kai said:
Crocospect22 said:

You are partially right, if she was 45 and he was 57 the age may not be the biggest problem, but also you would probably agree that if she was 12 and he was 24 it would be creepy.

They are both adults but I think they are not in the same stage of life, and thats would make the ship completely nonsense. Specially because Akari has so much potential in her life yet.

yeah the reason i don't think it's not as a problem because both of them are grown up adult...
but as you said, Akari still has a lot more time to think about her life, so i think this won't happen soon because in other hand she still needs to take care her little sisters, also that scene looks like just a small tease not more, and even if it happens i hope there will be timeskip where Akari fully grown up into perfect adult women so it will make more sense about her relationship after all...
Mar 26, 2018 2:59 PM

Jun 2016
Another great and light episode.
Ah this season is about to end, just thinking about it makes you sad...
Mar 26, 2018 3:51 PM

May 2016
Draconix814 said:

...Let's just say that Rei does something out of character later and doesn't even realize it... apparently.

Not out of character, IMO. Rei begins a paradigm shift at S2 Ep 4 that is continuing at this time. "The beast within" he referred to in S1(the one that enables him to survive) is transferring over to aid the Kawamotos, particularly Hina. The spoiler you mentioned (Come on, Season 3!!!) is just another part of that protection instinct.

Akari - The Ultimate Waifu, that all waifus of the past, present, and future, are measured against, and come up short......

Akari - Like having Ginger and Mary Ann in the same woman..... :' ) Iron oxide, indeed....
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 26, 2018 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
tywhoppity said:
Draconix814 said:

...Let's just say that Rei does something out of character later and doesn't even realize it... apparently.

Not out of character, IMO. Rei begins a paradigm shift at S2 Ep 4 that is continuing at this time. "The beast within" he referred to in S1(the one that enables him to survive) is transferring over to aid the Kawamotos, particularly Hina. The spoiler you mentioned (Come on, Season 3!!!) is just another part of that protection instinct.

Akari - The Ultimate Waifu, that all waifus of the past, present, and future, are measured against, and come up short......

Akari - Like having Ginger and Mary Ann in the same woman..... :' ) Iron oxide, indeed....

May I ask how far into the future is this spoiler though?
Mar 27, 2018 1:52 AM

Apr 2016
The Kawamoto sisters were even cuter this episode. I too thought there was a slight change with the drawings/art.

Happiness was flowing everywhere in this episode. I loved it.
So much warmth, it's a fiction, isn't it ?

Draconix814 said:
tywhoppity said:

I guess It would be half of the first cour of the 3rd season, if there is any third season.
Mar 27, 2018 7:33 AM
May 2015
Again another great episode!!! Hope for 3rd season!
Mar 27, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
Hinata using Satanichia's hairstyle is the highlight =D

very nice episode again, with Hinata going from not wanting to go to high school (because of her bully), to doing everything she can to go to Rei's school after seeing how nice the people there can be
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 28, 2018 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
Hayashida's reaction to Akari's appearance cracked me up. Then again, I cannot blame him. Akari was strikingly beautiful, regardless of her dishevelled state (or perhaps due to it).
Mar 28, 2018 5:09 PM

Jul 2009
Aw what a sweet episode :3 The first half with the club was really fun, and man, Hayashida's reaction to Akari was awesome ... but yes, she's the best <3 I wasn't expecting that time skip to suddenly the next year and Hina studying, but her wanting to go to Rei's school makes sense after seeing that. That scene with her and her grandpa was really sweet :') Hina really does think about everything huh. Well if she gets in then I think Rei would be in 3rd year, so it's nice that he's being so supportive. Also "pampered noodles" ... omg, those look so good. Akari where were you during my late night study sessions?! T_T Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left ... omg D:
Mar 29, 2018 5:56 AM

Oct 2008
Very good heart-warming relax episode!
Nice! Hina is studying very hard because she wants to go to Kiriyama's school! Why Not!? that's a very good proposition! That's a very great solution for the unsolvable bullying!
very Hilarious scene wherein Hayashida-sensei is bespectacled to Akari! He's showing way too much blushing! super red! hahah!
The catching the soumen noodles is too fast for Momo and even for Hina lolz!
I'm worst at trigonometric math problems!
lol Kiriyama's so Hyped-up as soon as he heard that Hina plans to enter Kiriyama's school!
Granpa's wisdom words are pure excellency! it was touching as well as lot of values!
5/5.

Mar 30, 2018 5:18 AM

May 2016
Another decent episode, for some reason I really hate exams and I don't want to feel that atmosphere around me but they handle it quite well but still hate it lol.

Hayashida was a like a red tomato after he saw Akari, I laughed so hard at that scene, my favorite part was Hinata's talk with her Grandpa it was really heartwarming.
Mar 31, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
The Kawamoto sisters were even cuter this episode. I too thought there was a slight change with the drawings/art.

Happiness was flowing everywhere in this episode. I loved it.
So much warmth, it's a fiction, isn't it ?

Draconix814 said:

I guess It would be half of the first cour of the 3rd season, if there is any third season.

I thank you, my good sir.
Mar 31, 2018 6:41 PM

Dec 2015
I always wondered how Hayashida-sensei would react when he would meet Akari-san, now I know lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 1, 2018 4:59 AM

Jul 2008
OMG I want all the sisters to be part of my family!!! Cuteness overload....

Pretty much the teacher's reaction to Akari was me the whole episode.
Apr 7, 2018 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
Kiriyama's sure a strange fucker, tagging his...female friend(s) along to...that.
I would be killed for that.

First half was eh, second half great
LanzApr 7, 2018 7:09 PM
Apr 10, 2018 5:42 AM

Feb 2017
This episode reminds me that I have a National Exam waiting for me within only a few days. Well it somehow motivated me that I also need to work hard for it to get the best results.
addictedtolivingApr 10, 2018 5:45 AM
Apr 24, 2018 8:02 AM

May 2016
We've returned to kinotown fellas that was incredible 5 out of 5
Aug 9, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2012
That Noodle School scene was the best! Really loved that, especially the reaction of the teacher with both girls :p

Also great for Hina actually wanting to get to the same high school as Rei, really looking forwards to see what's next!
Aug 24, 2018 5:25 AM

Mar 2015
The quaint and simple way this show gets brought to life is what makes it so great.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 11, 2018 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Middle schoolers having large amounts of summer homework and entrance exams is some bullshit.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 26, 2018 4:04 PM
Apr 2017
Cute episode, 10**
Apr 5, 2019 2:23 AM

Feb 2013
Hinata wants to go to Rei's high school, cool.
Apr 8, 2019 11:27 AM
Apr 2018
Such a sweet episode! I melt inside when characters love food, why are all the Kawamoto so cute?!

I wonder if Rei really isn't in love with Hina. He seemed so oblivious to what his teacher said.
buddylee4 said:
We've returned to kinotown fellas
Take me fucking there bud.
May 3, 2019 4:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Much better than last episode, at first wasnt feeling it, but these Hina's focused episodes have been great, it was soo light and warming to watch these too, I m growing very fond of Hina... they are really setting her as the female romance really well IMO, to the point I m not feeling adamant against it any longer.
Jun 30, 2019 10:48 PM

Sep 2017
We got a nice and light episode, which was a great break from all of the serious drama we've been getting (which I enjoy just as much as these, it is this show's ability to go back and forth flawlessly that makes me enjoy it so much).

STOP IT WITH THE DESSERTS. I can't keep getting this hungry at 2 AM... It makes sense that with all of the bullying drama homeroom would fall behind. I didn't realize any important curriculum was taught in homeroom in the first place, though. Not how it was at my high school. Flashback to Rei acknowledging that he never really wanted to be a pro shogi player in the first place. I honestly thought it would be a Saturday shogi club meeting with all of the teachers, but this is even better! We haven't seen Eisaku in a while. I missed him. Hayashida's reaction to first seeing Hina was hilarious. I don't think Hayashida realizes that Rei hasn't even remotely begun to view Hina that way (although it's probably only a matter of time). The two are more like close siblings than anything else. Hayashida's reaction to Akari was even better. The way he froze up was brilliant. Poor Momo can't react fast enough. You'll get there eventually. I enjoyed seeing Eisaku have this super dramatic buildup to something boring and plain. Hayashida just wants some chicken tempura, dudes. Cut him some slack. Hina wants to go to Rei's school! Was I the only one SUPER thrown off by the show just skipping ahead six months? Yes? Okay. Geometry fucking sucks, I understand Hina. Of course Rei is good at math. That only makes sense. Rei getting happy about Hina expressing interest to go to his school was adorable. Him coming up with a study plan was hilarious. How is everyone in the Kawamoto household not "fluffy"? The meals Akari makes have to be full of calories. They do look good though... Good guy Someji. You're a great grandfather. The value of money is an important lesson to learn from a young age, but that doesn't mean the children should have to bear the burden. I didn't realize Rei's school was so good.

Only two more episodes left. I don't want it to end D:
Sep 2, 2019 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
That was really heartwarming. One of the best episodes of the series
Oct 5, 2019 1:31 PM

Jul 2015
I like how Noguchi just goes with the flow of being called a teacher

The scene with Momo's dazed stare towards the noodles had me cracking up

So Rei's high school is tough to get into, well if you got people like Rei and Noguchi no wonder that they make school look easy, impressive in a way

Oct 18, 2019 6:08 PM

Sep 2018
Oh my God!! Sensei is so hilarious hahahahah he seems like your best friend teasing you to your crush lol and he fell in love at first sight with Akari hahahahha

Rei is so happy!!! Rei tutoring Hina is so cute!!! ❤ I really love this couple, Rei looks so handsome when he wear casual clothes!!!

Akari making them an udon melt my heart, so heartwarming (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡
Apr 21, 2020 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
That seems like such a fun food game, omg!!
Hehe, cute little crush Mr. Hayashida has on Akari... but
Sep 9, 2020 4:55 AM

Jul 2020
Hayashida x Akari I ship this. Hayashida is a nice guy.

And I hope Hina will pass her entrance exam.

And I really like how the Kawamoto sisters appreciate their food, it makes me jealous damn I want those udon and tempura 😋
Sep 18, 2020 1:17 PM

May 2018
Lol the science team is crazy and amazing at the same time!! Rip sensei he never got his chicken tempura ticket
Dec 15, 2020 12:10 PM
May 2019
PolarCyrus97 said:
Draconix814 said:

Thanks for the info :)
I thought she was 25 lol.

Remember the "rule of thumb" for men dating women, half their age plus 7. :)
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Mar 18, 2021 12:47 AM

Jan 2021
A fun and laidback episode. The Kawamoto sisters is cute as always and brings a smile upon your face. I hope this anime finishes strong with Hina getting accepted for Kiriyamas school.
MAL:
Mar 31, 2021 12:52 PM

Aug 2018
I don't really understand nagashi somen.. But maybe when you're used to it, and in your country it's usual thing - maybe it's fun time to catch those noodles.. Well, I mean, if you grew in area, where others were doing it, and having fun, then you grow to perceive it as fun too..
Hm.. So much time has passed.. First half - is summer break.. And now we're on New Year..
Well, if Hinata would succeed in entering Rei's school.. It'd be last year for Rei then, when first year for Hinata?.. Right?.. Well, spending year together could be nice.. Though, either way they can continue to be friends even without that year in same school, if anything.. I hope they'll continue to be either way.. But it's for them to decide..
I don't know, how they'll finish season.. But I hope it won't be with some random drama hitting randomly, which would be unsolved.. I don't know, how they'll finish the season, really.. Maybe Hinata holding exams and stuff indeed could take last 2 episodes.. But will see..
I also wonder, if still after this at least year.. Or how long it's been.. If Gotou's wife is still in a coma.. And how things are going for Kyouko..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

255 by aurora_yuuki »»
Sep 15, 9:58 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

92 by desert_Iven »»
Aug 4, 4:08 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2018

200 by chocomayu »»
Aug 3, 6:12 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

108 by Remlz_77 »»
Jul 30, 7:58 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

128 by chocomayu »»
Jul 24, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.