Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 29, 2017 8:02 AM
Jul 2017
Tears of happiness :')

people say he was faking it but this tells me otherwise.

Jul 29, 2017 8:26 AM

Nov 2009
I agree that the romance feels a little hollow and there is more time spent on it than I'd've liked, but oh well, until now I could sit through it with relative ease, so it's ok, I guess. Besides, with the after-the-credits segment of the black knights' captain coming to the conclusion that Charioce is under the red dragon's spell, now's all in place for the tragedy to unfold.

Rita as a demon and her comment on the others' idea of disguise is fabulous, as usual. Kaisar did his hair back up, I wish he left it down though. Nipples on Favaro! I feel like this is like the only show that doesn't shy away from showing male nipples, lol.

The preview by Kaisar and Jean was the most hilarious to date, to me.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 29, 2017 9:37 AM
Dec 2008
j0x said:
henz said:
What happened to the other Archangels? Where's Uriel, Raphael and Michael? Are they dead?

arent those 3 killed by Demon Jeanne D Arc in season 1?

Yep, I discovered that right after I posted, sorry.
Jul 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Feb 2014
Charioce might be the best antagonist till date.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 29, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
I believe Charioce is trying to conquer the realm to... well, bring his poor mother back? To deny the world injustice it incurred upon her? Anything else seems beyond... reasonable? now. People who believe that Charioce is using Nina are quite one-dimensional mensch.

I honest to God don't think he is trying to bring his dead mother back lol. I think that goes way beyond his character. I think that's what a child would do like in full metal alchemist's case. Do people honestly think that his character gives off the mommy's boy vide? He is a grown ass man and even when he was talking about her he wasn't at all like "the world is cruel and she shouldn't have died!" Kind of bs. I get this feeling from him that he had his peace with her passing and his goals are beyond that. If for whatever reason they decide to go with that it would go against his character's personality and make look like a little boy who needs his mommy.
I can see why people are seeing this route because it's become a cliche in anime for a long time.
Jul 29, 2017 10:15 AM
Jul 2017
There is one thing that I want explained and that is why was he able to complete with Nina during the arm wrestling match huh? Don't tell me it was the brace let because he was wrestling with his right arm without the brace let and isn't just used as a key for the weapon! I don't know .
Jul 29, 2017 10:31 AM
Jul 2017
Tigerblanket said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
I believe Charioce is trying to conquer the realm to... well, bring his poor mother back? To deny the world injustice it incurred upon her? Anything else seems beyond... reasonable? now. People who believe that Charioce is using Nina are quite one-dimensional mensch.

I honest to God don't think he is trying to bring his dead mother back lol. I think that goes way beyond his character. I think that's what a child would do like in full metal alchemist's case. Do people honestly think that his character gives off the mommy's boy vide? He is a grown ass man and even when he was talking about her he wasn't at all like "the world is cruel and she shouldn't have died!" Kind of bs. I get this feeling from him that he had his peace with her passing and his goals are beyond that. If for whatever reason they decide to go with that it would go against his character's personality and make look like a little boy who needs his mommy.
I can see why people are seeing this route because it's become a cliche in anime for a long time.

Remember back in episode 15 they mentioned that Eibos's seal is about to break and Charioce says that he will have to shoot with the dromos inside the seal once it breaks. Most people forgot that bahamut is in another dimension and might return through this dimensional seal. I think he wants to finish off bahamut once and for all and remember his talk with Kaisar when Kaisar told him that he witnessed all races united against bahamut but Charioce mentions about the lives that were lost that day and tells Kaisar are you merely satisfied with surviving extinction. I think he wants to avenge his mother's death by killing bahamut as far as I know. And something is up with the Onyx knights I have a feeling there will be another antagonist far more dangerous than Charioce.

Jul 29, 2017 10:32 AM
Apr 2016
Tigerblanket said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I would advise against going " this cliche that cliche". I see it this way because it is so far the only goal I can see him, Charioce as I have seen, really pursuing. Does he care for humanity? Does he want to make it a #masterrace? Maybe he wants to eradicate everything else except humans? I can't make myself see those as his ulterior motives. I am not saying I am entirely correct either, since it is a really... expected wish, I would say. But so far I can't have a single hint of why he is doing this all for if not to retrieve his mother. He is not dishonest with Nina either. Will see in future episodes.
Re:formed
Jul 29, 2017 10:36 AM
Apr 2016
yaya_90 said:
Tigerblanket said:

Remember back in episode 15 they mentioned that Eibos's seal is about to break and Charioce says that he will have to shoot with the dromos inside the seal once it breaks. Most people forgot that bahamut is in another dimension and might return through this dimensional seal. I think he wants to finish off bahamut once and for all and remember his talk with Kaisar when Kaisar told him that he witnessed all races united against bahamut but Charioce mentions about the lives that were lost that day and tells Kaisar are you merely satisfied with surviving extinction. I think he wants to avenge his mother's death by killing bahamut as far as I know. And something is up with the Onyx knights I have a feeling there will be another antagonist far more dangerous than Charioce.

Onyx Knights going AWOL is Top 1 expected betrayals because they have everything they need: a) a secret service oppressing the realm, b) tainted by some old impure energy. You are correct I have forgotten about the seal of Eibos conversation, and I doubt it is Bahamut (though, eh, Shingeki no Bahamut dayo ne?) but it does seem there is some sort of fourth power, evil than the rest, coming out of the closet soon. Onyx Knights will most likely unite with that evil force (maybe even become mind-controlled because of using that power).
Jul 29, 2017 1:27 PM
Nov 2012
Whatever the plot is, the comedy in this show is enough. ALl the small interactions are delightful. Loved Jeanne's faith. Demon disguises were fantastic too.
Jul 29, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
j0x said:
lol Charioce have a double personality it seems (the king vs the lover of Nina) once he go King mode he wants to kill even Nina.

Not really. He told the Onyx knights to kill her on sight, knowing that they wouldn't be able to succeed anyway. If he truly want her killed, he'd revealed her identity to them.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 29, 2017 2:05 PM

Jan 2012
Can't believe that just happened T^T that was so beautifull, I never thought they would actually show us.
What a 100% romance confirmation, I'm just so happy that I don't even know what am I saying.
Dunno what's going to happen next but I'm sure it won't be good. At least I have this nice moment of them so I can always rewatch it <3 <3
Jul 29, 2017 2:16 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Wow, for once I actually feel divided on this show. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind this season being all Disney like and stuff I just can't see myself sympathize with Charioce here. There's like 7 episodes left so maybe if they explained his motives in this episode it could justify for them getting together which I found to be awkward.

I don't mind Nina and Charioce being a couple, my problem here is more of a "It's feels out of place with where the story is right now" type of thing and the fact that we don't know Charioce's true motivations makes it even worse.

But hey, I'm still for what happens I guess. With 7 episodes left I highly doubt this could possibly turn into a train wreck. It could but I hope it doesn't.

Also Nina and Rita in those devil outfits were soooo cute/hot. <3
Jul 29, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2016
lol i swear nina and charioce romance is so forced
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 29, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
I am just... the hell?

Does the guy who arrogantly crowned himself to spite the old nobility and the gods now say in a tragic voice that his given name was replaced by the king's name?
Does the person why fought through hell and heaven alongside the magical knights betray his black ops?
Does the man who easily sacrificed an eye and (almost) an arm to a weapon waver in his convictions because of a girl? What has she even done to make him doubt himself? I mean, ok, thinking about her distracts him from murdering a bit, but what else?
Does a tyrannical king and a warrior whine about meeting love and having to make a choice to his love's face?
Also - can't he learn to take some money with him? Couldn't he go to slums himself?
I honestly thought that after that dream in prison Nina learned to look at her love with straight eyes and that was the point. Why do I see a sparkly slideshow of Chris again, not to mention that it has almost killed me with its cornyness?

I hope so much that's some plan he has, because I can't help but lament the disappearance of a determined capable young ruler I saw at the beginning. ...though one thing I really liked in this episode was that in this show the guy cried on the back of his girl dragon lover, lol. But it would've been better with the early version of Chari too. I mean, even a tyrant can stop in awe before a dragon: his power is political and hard-won, it comes with a lot of strings attached, and a dragon is an ideal, primal and free, power. Why do they skip the best parts? How Nina offered to let him ride on her back, for example. I am all for Nina comforting him too, but they could go with a better occasion and a better scene.

Also it looked like the adult slum demons recognised Charioce, what's with that leading to nothing? Playing with demon kids is nice and all, he doesn't even have to hate them to enslave them to be precise (his views on the politically beneficial don't have to coincide with his personal convictions), but that's tone deaf. He has already sold his right to play ball with them, the decent thing would be to acknowledge that, even if the kids don't understand and Nina doesn't mind. But this show fails at making its characters accept or even recognise responsibility so often.

Not to mention the quality of the picture, lmao.
deadoptimistJul 29, 2017 4:14 PM
Jul 29, 2017 4:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I dunno how I feel about Charioce anymore......I'm just gonna save my convictions until the end especially since the post credits scene makes it look like they're gonna try and spin things in favor of him being good all along
Jul 29, 2017 4:33 PM

Jan 2016
Man my brain can't take this, how should I feel about Charioce????!??!?!!?

The romance feels just a tad bit forced but it's still good, it feels good to have Favaro back
Jul 29, 2017 6:44 PM
Apr 2011
I'm guessing King Charioce's plan is something similar to Zero Requiem.
Wanted to write something cool here. Never came up with anything.
Jul 29, 2017 7:37 PM

Dec 2008
The next time Nina sees Charioce he's going to be trying to kill her. That necklace was a parting gift for her journey to the afterlife. Can't trust him farther that I could throw him.
Jul 29, 2017 9:38 PM
Jan 2012
Like most people, I wasn't expecting this episode to go the way it did. I happen to be onboard the ship, though, and I loved it!

Regarding the necklace, I don't think it's supposed to be anything suspicious. I believe Charioce chose it because it has the colour and shape of a chili pepper, that's all.
Jul 29, 2017 11:44 PM
Mar 2009
I can show you the world. Shining, shimmering splendid. Tell me Chrisu when do you last let your heart decide?
Jul 29, 2017 11:52 PM

May 2009
Bad news guys, there won't be Animeism block (Bahamut + Altair) for next two weeks due to sport events.
Jul 30, 2017 12:06 AM

Mar 2009
^Kakegurui's off next week, too, I think.

This would have been a lovely and romantic episode...if I actually understood Charioce's characterization in this show. Here he is frolicking and playing with demon children, when we all know he's basically called for a genocide of their entire race. We all know what he did to so many of the demon children; remember the flashback episode for Jeanne and Muguro? They're trying to give Charioce so much character depth, but it's not holding much weight...at the moment. If they don't explain why he has this evil side to him - and he did say he'd tell Nina eventually - then instead it simply looks like he has a split personality. There's too much of a contrast.

But most importantly, Nina and Rita in those demon outfits wew lad. Rita was the best part of the episode, as always.
Jul 30, 2017 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
Romance bloomed quite a bit in this episode :33 I hope it wasn't just him tricking Nina.

Rita and Nina as demons were awesome, I approve!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 30, 2017 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
Wow that romance went from 0 to 100 super fast @_@ Not sure I'd trust Charioce considering how fast everything went in that episode, it felt kind of forced.

I did quite like how Jeanne finally managed to get Sofiel to work with her though, will be interested to see how the next episode turns out.
Jul 30, 2017 8:08 AM
Apr 2016
Always hated sport.
Jul 30, 2017 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Bad news guys, there won't be Animeism block (Bahamut + Altair) for next two weeks due to sport events.

Thanks for the info, that's terrible. First sport events drive away the shop where I buy my favorite dried carrots, now this. Sport destroys my life.
Jul 30, 2017 9:30 AM

May 2009
Mormegil said:
^Kakegurui's off next week, too, I think.

Only on MBS, TokyoMX will still air it.
Jul 30, 2017 1:04 PM
Mar 2017
I can't see Charioce's reason being able to convince me he deserves redemption. I can see Nina getting her heart broken regardless of how he truly feels about her.
Jul 30, 2017 3:18 PM

May 2014
I squealed like a little girl watching a Disney movie during that Charioce x Nina scene ^///^

It was so romantic and Romeo & Juliet-ish that I couldn't help myself even though I'm not particularly a fan of mushy-love stuff.

Gotta admit that when I saw Nina in that sexy demon getup, first thought was that she'd look perfect with Azazel...and hey I still prefer her chemistry with him over Charioce, but both are cute and who's not to say Charioce will die and Nina will end up with Azazel

Charioce is just so confusing though! Is the whole tyrannical King thing an act that he's conditioned himself into?? It seems like he's actually a good guy who's took the wrong path, or has been manipulated by someone else. Like the shady eye bag dude.
Or hey, maybe MAPPA will keep it traditional and give him a split personality lmao

It was sweet that he cried when he was on transformed Nina though.
Also, knew I was onto something when I said the bracelet had something to do with her transformations!

Wonderful episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Jul 2016
Rita is the most useful character in this entire series ok

I was happy that the drama beween Nina and Charioce ended, but after seeing that guy in the end...I think I know where this is going. More drama, anyone?
Jul 31, 2017 2:16 AM

Oct 2008
Rita's disguise and same with Nina in demon disguise is cute!
Kaizar acting a leader on their small but powerful group was cool!
Sofiel won't let jeanne just fall and die and also went back to the surface to help her since Jeanne & Mugaro also helped Sofiel back then.
That kiss of Chris to Nina helped her to fully control her red dragon form! - that was a bit romantic.
That dragon riding was a wonderful scene! - Looks like Nina is totally in-love now with the King Charioce. -- But what's-up with that serious evil look of his eyes!?
After the ED roll, it looks like the loyal black soldier knows everything huh...the red dragon has an unknown spell that the Kind did not notice???
4/5.

Jul 31, 2017 4:28 AM

Jan 2014
I think Charioce only want to learn how to control Nina as a weapon... He knows she will be unable to kill him, remember episode with the battle.
Nina is a unconscious pure heart...
Jul 31, 2017 7:03 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode here, was one of the best so far! And it didnt much action be as such.
I m really enjoying the direction MAPPA is taking with this. The drama is getting really good.

Also Devil Nina is CUTE! Seriously she looks 10x more HOT, 10x more CUTE, on that disguise, that hair's colou suits it so well too.
PlaycoolJul 31, 2017 7:07 AM
Jul 31, 2017 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
How can I not ship them after this cuteness?! No way!
Jul 31, 2017 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
Hmm I smell a coup.
I don't know what to think about Charioce. I think she's just using Nina.
Rita's outfit was great btw.
Jul 31, 2017 1:15 PM
Mar 2016

WTF, this is obviously a 90 degree turn, at First Charioce order Nina's death and the he kisses her, she despises demons and yet he went to their ghetto?

BTW this can surly use a very good jeanne de arc fanservice.
Aug 1, 2017 1:16 PM

May 2009
This forbidden love won't go anywhere good.

First of all, Charioce knew that his guards are watching him. I believe somehow he wanted to show them this relationship but when time will come he will use Nina as his weapon for sure. And probably this will be that "big reaveal for Nina about his goal".

Am I the only one thinking, that Nina should have been by Azazel side from the begining ? :3
Aug 2, 2017 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Zunappy said:
I'm guessing King Charioce's plan is something similar to Zero Requiem.

This is exactly what I thought the whole time the ep aired. If they go this route, I hope they put a new spin on things, because Zero Requiem was a hell of a stupid plan if you ask me. I feel like the mother played a big role on why he's such a cruel king.

On the other hand, if Charioce's plan is to kill Bahamut, I wonder why enslave demons? After this episode, I don't think he hates them or he deems them impure. So why put them (and the gods) down? Also, he has no issue with Nina and Nina isn't 100% human. I don't care for the romance but he seemed quite into her. So I'd rule out that he wants to create a masterrace
"When I was a kid I would often think about the future. At that time I believed everything would naturally fall into place. But it just didn't happen."
Aug 3, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
TJHooker said:
Favaro 100% saw them.

Easy to understand, damn (>w<)b
Aug 4, 2017 8:58 AM

Aug 2011
Man, I love these Nina x Chris episodes! They're so lovely together but he's an ass heh.
Aug 4, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 2017
Nina's demon outfit is so damn adorable, like she was cute on a whole other level this episode!

I don't really think much of the story, but the art, characters, comedy, and general atmosphere of the show makes it really fun to watch.
Aug 6, 2017 9:10 AM
Aug 2015
A good episode. Although many people seem to be against Charioce, or hate him, I can actually really relate to his character. I think he really cares for Nina, and won't try to bring her harm or anything, unless she stands in the way of him and his goal. He fights for what he believes in, despite the consequences, and I kinda admire that.

This anime is great, I love every second of each episode, and two episodes ago, I realized there was nothing missing and I just gave it a 10/10. Pretty epic. I wonder how it'll end. The opening is revealing that Charioce might join forces with Kaiser, Favaro, Azazel and Nina, who knows?
Aug 6, 2017 9:13 AM
Aug 2015
Tigerblanket said:
There is one thing that I want explained and that is why was he able to complete with Nina during the arm wrestling match huh? Don't tell me it was the brace let because he was wrestling with his right arm without the brace let and isn't just used as a key for the weapon! I don't know .

Maybe he's just strong, who knows? That's what I assumed. He knows how to fight, at least.
Aug 7, 2017 11:49 AM
Aug 2017
Am I the only one who get's repulsed by the Charioce x Nina garbage this mother f*cker ruthlessly killed demons for fun had the sudden urge to kill a kid because it was the kid of a soldier that denied to kneel to him and says f*ck the gods And btw nina's friend bacchus is a god. So the f*ck boi Charioce want's to kill all of nina's friends but you know what that b*tch started out with azazel went to kaisar then went to Charioce that stanky hoe doesnt care who as long as she gets the d I personally want an episode where both of them die in a fire
Aug 7, 2017 11:54 AM
Aug 2017
Sirev_Giio said:
A good episode. Although many people seem to be against Charioce, or hate him, I can actually really relate to his character. I think he really cares for Nina, and won't try to bring her harm or anything, unless she stands in the way of him and his goal. He fights for what he believes in, despite the consequences, and I kinda admire that.

This anime is great, I love every second of each episode, and two episodes ago, I realized there was nothing missing and I just gave it a 10/10. Pretty epic. I wonder how it'll end. The opening is revealing that Charioce might join forces with Kaiser, Favaro, Azazel and Nina, who knows?
"I think he really cares for Nina" sentences her to life in prison and wants to kill all her friends. Charioce x Nina is no joke the most garbage sh*t I have ever seen I want both of them to die in a fire and Nina is a stanky ass hoe she don't care who it is as long as she gets fucked in the ass she went from azazel to kaiser to Charioce and back and forth. I think I made my point clear enough.
Aug 7, 2017 11:58 AM
Aug 2017
Miglaja said:
This forbidden love won't go anywhere good.

First of all, Charioce knew that his guards are watching him. I believe somehow he wanted to show them this relationship but when time will come he will use Nina as his weapon for sure. And probably this will be that "big reaveal for Nina about his goal".

Am I the only one thinking, that Nina should have been by Azazel side from the begining ? :3
yes that or kaisar who the fuck wants to suck off a mass murdering psychopath I say that because nina is a stanky ass hoe
Aug 7, 2017 9:28 PM

Nov 2011
Charioce still shitty as expected
Well at least this is better than him being "yeah I totes like u too" so I hope he remains shitty till the end and die

Nina, stop being dumb, you deseve better
Baby, daijobanai...
Aug 8, 2017 12:37 AM
Aug 2015
WhyThoe said:
Sirev_Giio said:

"I think he really cares for Nina" sentences her to life in prison and wants to kill all her friends. Charioce x Nina is no joke the most garbage sh*t I have ever seen I want both of them to die in a fire and Nina is a stanky ass hoe she don't care who it is as long as she gets fucked in the ass she went from azazel to kaiser to Charioce and back and forth. I think I made my point clear enough.

Relax. I kinda agree with the fact that he is a dick, but I admire him for being a dick. He's shown through being Chris he wants to do what's right, but his goal is stopping him from doing this, whatever it may be. I clearly do see your point, and you're right, it makes little sense, but I'm really enjoying the anime regardless. One of the best I've ever seen.
Aug 8, 2017 4:43 PM
May 2017
What are you doing nina, charioce might be using you..baka!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.