Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2016 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Kitoge said:
Lol finding the probability of Koro Sensei succeeding didn't even need that much math. If Koro Sensei takes 4 of the 5. Then the principal has a 1 out of 5 chance of getting the real bomb

Lol ikr he worked it out by P(Koro Sensei doesn't pick real bomb on 1st book) x P(doesn't pick real bomb on 2nd book) x P(doesn't pick real bomb on 3rd book) x P(doesn't pick real bomb on 4th book) = 4/5 x 3/4 x 2/3 x 1/2 = 1/5

instead of just finding P(principal gets real bomb on 5th book) = 1/5.
Mar 26, 2016 12:01 AM
Dec 2010
rasenshiruken973 said:

Lol ikr he worked it out by P(Koro Sensei doesn't pick real bomb on 1st book) x P(doesn't pick real bomb on 2nd book) x P(doesn't pick real bomb on 3rd book) x P(doesn't pick real bomb on 4th book) = 4/5 x 3/4 x 2/3 x 1/2 = 1/5

Those two types of solutions are basically what happened in that final math question with Karma and Asano. And it happens a lot in real math too, lke when after pages of calculations you notice some symmetry and solve the problem in two lines.
Mar 26, 2016 5:00 AM

Sep 2014
The principle is breaking the agreement between Koro sensei and the government, dont see why Koro sensei dosnt just turn him into a red paste and then say to the government, stop breaking the deal.
Mar 26, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Talk about a sore loser... He should have quit when he could. I mean, there is literally zero chance that Koro-sensei die there. Principal will be rekt in some way. Him and his shitty philosophy. I just wanna see him broke.

But, I must say his faces are the best. He have some truly spooky yandere faces. Education-senpai, notice me ~~

Poor Kunudon. He's now jobless. Maybe he can be reused in one of the E class meal.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 26, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2010
Wow, pls. Next time I'll try deluding in the examination class. I'll definitely get perfect score, just watch me. Good strategy, very impressed.

As expected of my Rio, she got 3rd! I'm proud of her <3 And Karma won against Asano, which is nice.

That purple-haired girl is fun, lol.

Gakuho has pretty much gone insane. Good, damn him. Such a loser. There was a time he used to be cool, but now he means ash to me. This was one painful 2nd half, meh.
Mar 26, 2016 2:44 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was really awesome! I actually never thought they would prolong this arc for so long because the next one (I think it's the next one)

The best part was definitely when Karma and Gakushuu were trying to solve that last exercise. It was not only entertaining, but also very true and I, as someone who loves Maths, appreciated that they went to the trouble of showing how people who usually have good grades react and think when they're faced with a different exercise that seems to come out of nowhere. I think that, somehow, it contributed to show that those people aren't infallible. (Also, Karma's reaction... Don't worry, babe, I feel you!!!)
On the other hand, I think that the way they inserted Karma's reflection about himself and the others around him in his line of thought made it a little bit harder to understand how he solved it without all the calculations Gakushuu was shown solving. I'd even go a little further and say that it made them almost incomprehensible!(I speak for myself though, other people might have thought it was pretty obvious)
Mar 28, 2016 7:57 PM

Mar 2015
It's interesting how Karma and Asano solve the answer with their own perspectives.

This episode confirms my doubt that Nagisa is secretly a girl being undercover as a guy.

Mar 28, 2016 9:54 PM

Feb 2014
Could Asano dad finally chill? We'll see next episode, and also what happens to Koro sensei. He won't die though, we're only through half the season.
Mar 29, 2016 4:14 PM
Apr 2013
5/5
So much awsomeness in one episode and in one series! Ugh Asano's dad is annoying though.

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Mar 30, 2016 2:49 PM
Apr 2014
Damn that's dirty. On top of that it kinda proves that his education doesn't work. He just can't admit defeat so now he takes it out on the one single person who can even be killed without being held responsible for (obviously he can't harm the students and he can't realistically put the students of A-Class into the E-Class because they still scored pretty high).

Well. We'll get through this game of "Russian Roulette", too. There are 13 more episodes to go. Wouldn't make sense to kill Koro Sensei yet.
Mar 30, 2016 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
Agh!!! I hate the principal so much!!!

I need the new episode now!!!!
Mar 30, 2016 11:05 PM

Nov 2015
Asano's dad is crap, clearly he cant accept defeat. He is desperate and being a cheat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2016 7:02 AM
Mar 2012
xizor said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

Those two types of solutions are basically what happened in that final math question with Karma and Asano. And it happens a lot in real math too, lke when after pages of calculations you notice some symmetry and solve the problem in two lines.

I understood Terasaka's process, but wondered why he went the complicated route. Ya the 5 books have uniform probability to get 1 real bomb so 1/5 for the last book (or any chosen book).
Korosensei's problem is standard trig problem, same with the one below. Not hard but take more time than that handle rising.
I liked the analogies of Asano's shots meeting in the middle idea to form the D0 domain boundary, and Karma's on vertices like classmates with unique talents, with only 1/8 visible to his own cube. I get Asano's way (requires lots of volume calculations). Karma's seems simple, I got the symmetry 1:1 idea, but not the sphere thing.
Asano's diagram is a truncated octahedron (8 hexagons, 6 squares, all edges length A).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truncated_octahedron
If Karma replaced the sphere with the correct shape above, then including the outsides cubes, dividing to 8 portions, noticing the symmetry makes sense.
I had a third way similar to Karma. Only consider 1 cube, divide into 8 equal cubes. Each subcube cut thru the octahedron, would yield 2 symmetric pieces, with each piece volume v=(0.5a)^3/2. Octahedron has 8 pieces, so V = (0.5a)^3/2*8 = 0.5a^3.

If they studied crazy like their school, they probably memorized properties of solids. So octahedron volume formula:
V = 8*sqrt(2) * A^3
A is edge length, but problem gives a=1=cube side length. After some triangle identities etc I have this conversion:
A = a/4*sqrt(2)
Messy stuff:
V = a^3 * 2^(3.0/2) * 2^0.5 * 8./ 4^3
V = a^3 * 0.5

So that's the fourth way. Anyways it was fun. Btw all teachers I've seen mark at most half marks if we had the answer without derivation, like what Karma did it seems. Some required we write verbose paragraphs to explain reasoning & proof steps.
gophercgApr 4, 2016 7:10 AM
Apr 6, 2016 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
Damn they dominated this time xD
Koro is in trouble :O
Apr 6, 2016 6:45 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, really loved seeing the two different approaches to solving that problem! So I guess my prediction was wrong and Karma came out on top ... oh bb <3 Asano went a bit crazy huh, even hitting his son ... and challenging Korosensei to a "game"! I guess technically this is a pretty good way to kill him, and he definitely knows his stuff all right ... oh boy, has he finally snapped because of what Korosensei could do? Hmm, maybe it's also a professional grudge that he couldn't get the same results? Well either way, this is sure getting interesting ... oh, and the mascot was fired too LOL XD Man this show is so easy to marathon ... just one more left before I've caught up! :O
Apr 7, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
What an intense episode!
ratio volume of the Sphere inside a cube? i don't really get it! i'm worse than Class E...and my talent is just fapping.
Karma got perfect score while Asano just got 2nd placer.
Even Terasaka got 46th placer! Also, Terasaka is a but good at math when principal Aizen asked him about the formula of probability about Korosensei's survival percentage on that gamble.
Ther result of Class A losing to Class E, made the other students of Class A want to be relegated to Class E also!
Aizen principal snapped and subconsciously smacked Asano!
That was a coward move by principal...demolishing the old campus blgd of Class E!
Anywayz, intense episode is intense!
5/5!
matias067Apr 7, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 16, 2016 5:22 PM

Feb 2013
Jobless forever! Yay!

I can't do math anymore.
Apr 28, 2016 3:03 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck the principle! Glad this arc is ending next episode.
May 22, 2016 11:26 PM

Nov 2014
Trembllar said:
As soon as I opened the episode I saw the math question, paused the episode and tried to solve it.

I approached the question with the same brute force method as asano, consider the bounded region of d[0] intersected with a given plane along the z-axis and find the area of the bounded and integrate over z axis. It turns out that the structure of d[0] is actually quite complicated and the integral splits into 3 regions and there are a bunch of small nuances that make the problem quite complicated. After 15min or so of playing around with the equations I concluded that even though I knew how to solve the problem the actual process would take way too long on the test, so I said screw it and played the rest of the episode. When I saw asano running out of time using the same brute force method I was like "yup".

Then karma comes in with a brilliant symmetry argument which and sidesteps all of the complex calculations, asano got outplayed pretty hard there.

it seems like you understand the problem. can you explain it to me? i don't get it. are we trying to find the volume of the atom in the center of the cube? if so, how come the answer is half of the whole volume? (a^3/2)
Jun 5, 2016 9:03 AM

Jan 2015
Koro-sensei is in deep shit !!!
Jun 6, 2016 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
This douche principal does not give up easily. Just accept the fact that your teaching style sucks compared to Koro-sensei's style dammit. He's challenged Koro-sensei and the E-class numerous times already and he'd always lose. But he just keep coming back. Seriously, fuck this guy.
Jun 24, 2016 11:01 PM
Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
so anyone know how to solve this?

it looks easy but it's a while ago i learned geometry so i forgot how to solve it. what's the formula needed?

you know, BC=BD+DC
So apply cosine rule in the triangle ABC, to find angle ABC.
Again apply cosine rule in the smaller triangle ABD to find AD
Jul 8, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2015
The principal is a really scary guy to mess with, ganbare Korosensei!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 8, 2016 9:05 PM

Mar 2015
Nice feeling to see even Terasuka in 46th place!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2016 8:31 AM

May 2012
That sure escalated quickly! I really wonder what will happen next.
Jul 10, 2016 2:57 AM

Feb 2016
Karma finally became first place thanks to his understanding of how everyone's part of the whole. The punch against asano was a hard one. Suprisingly even terasak was able to solve the question posed by the chairman. THis goes to show how well koro sensei taught each of them.

The fight between the 'senseis' is pretty intense so far.
Jul 30, 2016 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
Why the fuck is the fucking principal a fucking faggot too. He's just like the Class Asshole kids except he seems like he'll be better at taking dick than the other little shits.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 31, 2016 8:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THAT KNUCKLE SLAP !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 4, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2012
ttcchen said:
Trembllar said:
As soon as I opened the episode I saw the math question, paused the episode and tried to solve it.

I approached the question with the same brute force method as asano, consider the bounded region of d[0] intersected with a given plane along the z-axis and find the area of the bounded and integrate over z axis. It turns out that the structure of d[0] is actually quite complicated and the integral splits into 3 regions and there are a bunch of small nuances that make the problem quite complicated. After 15min or so of playing around with the equations I concluded that even though I knew how to solve the problem the actual process would take way too long on the test, so I said screw it and played the rest of the episode. When I saw asano running out of time using the same brute force method I was like "yup".

Then karma comes in with a brilliant symmetry argument which and sidesteps all of the complex calculations, asano got outplayed pretty hard there.

it seems like you understand the problem. can you explain it to me? i don't get it. are we trying to find the volume of the atom in the center of the cube? if so, how come the answer is half of the whole volume? (a^3/2)

This was actually a pretty interesting question. It is not asking for the volume of the atom in the centre; we wouldn't have enough information to solve that anyway. What it is asking for is the volume of the space containing every point that is closer to the centre atom than to any other atom. This shape inside of a crystal lattice, as described in the exam question, is actually very important in Solid State Physics and is known as a Wigner-Seitz cell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigner%E2%80%93Seitz_cell), if anyone is interested.

As far as how Karma got the volume of the shape, he noticed a property of the Wigner-Seitz cell, which is that it is also periodic in the lattice and fills it perfectly. In other words, you can draw that same truncated octahedron shape around every atom in the diagram and it will fill the lattice without overlap or gaps. Now, if you section off just one "cube" in the lattice, you have one whole truncated octahedron in the middle (which is the area we want), and 1/8 for every atom in the corners of the cube, with 8 corners. Therefore, it is exactly half the volume of the cube, so the answer is (a^3)/2.

I actually just finished a solid state physics course last term and it was really surprising to see the material appear in anime XD.
Kev1428Sep 4, 2016 3:53 AM
Dec 1, 2016 12:16 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Objective achieved, the students are in the top 50!!! But Koro-sensei is in dangerous!!!
Jul 16, 2017 7:29 PM

May 2013
YAY KARMA :DDD #1!!!!

Principal "Aizen" is the real weak one if he can't battle fair and square lol. That handicap does him good smh
Jul 24, 2017 3:01 AM
Mar 2014
Noooo not the Old Campus! It just won't be the same with the characters in a different environment.

Man, that principal is messed up. What's with all the abusive and psycho adults in this series? I hope he somehow ends up with the human killing grenade and dies, but knowing this show the only one who will die by the end of the series is probably Koro-sensei.

I'm having a hard time watching that "gamble", I mean logically I know since we've got a bunch of episodes left that Koro-sensei's probably going to make it out, but it's still got me on edge. Will Koro-sensei find his chill and solve the problems, or just survive being blown to bits? I'm really starting to realize that I really don't want Koro-sensei to die. And we still don't know why he's going to blow up the earth, or why he blew up the moon. The final episode could really hurt.

At least Kunudon got fired, that guy was annoying.
Aug 22, 2017 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
Karma scored 20. Asano scored 17.
THEY DID IT!
Karma's #1! YEAH! His name ain't Karma for nothing.
Touka placed #32 and Hinano placed #38. Congrats to my potential waifu's.
Asano is here.
Oh shit! Asano sent Asano-kun flying.
LMAO Asano destroying the place now.
A prison?
Korosensei fired? You do know that he can retaliate by blowing up the planet, right?
Oh shit! Yami no Gemu?
Terasaka has grown.
Kunudon got fired. LMAO
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2018 4:06 AM

Apr 2013
God I hate that asshole, I wish they would just kill him T_T
Feb 13, 2018 2:31 PM

Jun 2017
there is an obvious loophole for korosensei. the principal simply said that he had to solve the problems,not that he had to solve them correctly. thus,korosensei could write any random answer and then run away and he would have won.

also,isnt there a contract between the principal and the defense ministry?i am pretty certain he cant simnply decide to fire him,let alone expect to keep the defense ministry's money after he does it.

love how everyone knew they won as soon as they saw karasuma in the top 50 though lol XD
Apr 8, 2018 5:34 AM

Oct 2013
All the hate for Asano's pops in this thread, and here I think he's a genius. This scheme is something the class themselves should've conjured up.

Machiavellian, indeed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 10, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
The way Asano and Karma realized something during the test was brilliant, Karma especially. He has grown a lot. I think he has finally accepted everyone as his equal.

Nakamura making it into 3rd place. She was a genius after all.

The principal is ruthless. It looks like Koro-sensei is in a pinch.
Jun 8, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
Someone needs to empty clips in the principal before it's too late.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 7, 2020 1:59 PM

Feb 2019
I hate the princeaple. I'm glad to see the E class canevoyt on top with Karma coming in first'
Feb 27, 2020 9:03 AM
Jun 2013
they somehow made math even more confusing. Holy crap the principle just got humbled and we found out he is a giant sore loser who lashes out when hes defeated.
Apr 16, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
Was funny seeing asano being pimped slapped by his dad, goes to show the dude has no self restraint, just follows his ideals like a broken robot.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 24, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2018
Holy fuck Asano's dad is crazy! He suits Aizen far too well
Oct 16, 2020 10:19 PM

Jun 2020
The Class 3-E won yay!

And looks like Koro-sensei is going a to face a lot of trouble.
Oct 31, 2020 10:26 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
They truly did it - amazing truly amazing

Oh well its an all or nothing now for the principal :/

Dec 12, 2020 11:29 AM

Mar 2019
I love Asano. But man, the prinicple is really going all out with this. Also that last question was easy af.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 2021 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for Korosensei. The damage he got from that first anti-teacher hand grenade.
Jul 27, 2021 9:27 AM

Feb 2021
Aye E class let's go!!!!!!

Asano was pretty cool ngl.

The Principal is the real villain of this series >:( He's seriously being a complete asshole.

Karma was a boss with his perfect score and he realized everyone's talents in a pretty nice way.

Aug 14, 2021 7:40 AM

Jul 2021
Principal has gone crazy. Koro sensei took lot of damage from the first grenade. It's a pretty solid assassination attempt from principal
Jan 16, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
Finally, the students of class E managed to make the top 50!
I'm pretty sure that Koro sensei won't be defeated by that plan by Director Asano, but I feel that something bad is going to happen.
asdasdsadad
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2016

157 by Fancy_Flapjacks »»
Jun 4, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

472 by fullnezz »»
May 29, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

320 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

127 by AnimeChusthaBro »»
May 1, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

200 by bubba460z »»
Apr 30, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.