Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 90 91 [92] 93 94 » ... Last »
May 6, 2018 10:52 PM
May 2018
Tarodan said:
I'm pretty open to any suggestion, just hit me with one of your favourites not on my list.

Don't know about favourites, but could try When They Cry or Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor, with 24 episodes a piece. For A shorter series from recent memory, perhaps God Eater. Not particularly good with suggestions.
May 6, 2018 10:56 PM
Dec 2017
I'll check out all 3 and go from there. Cheers!
May 6, 2018 10:58 PM
May 2018
TheDragon3042 said:

Not the exact same phrasing as your question but these two from the FAQs of the challenge should answer it.

Neither really answers my question. What I meant was, for example. I watched Toaru Majutsu no Index last year. If I watch it again now, can it be counted? Or does it have to be anime I've never seen before?
May 6, 2018 11:27 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
SevenStarCoffin said:
Neither really answers my question. What I meant was, for example. I watched Toaru Majutsu no Index last year. If I watch it again now, can it be counted? Or does it have to be anime I've never seen before?

As far as I know, re-watching an entire anime for the sake of the challenge is not really encouraged. The purpose of the challenges is to watch new anime that participants have never seen before. Simple as that. :)

Only exception to this is item #107 "Finish an on-hold or dropped anime". Whichever anime the participant has seen before that they left unfinished, now's their chance to finish that anime if they decide to pick #107 for their list of challenges.
May 6, 2018 11:45 PM

Jul 2014
TheDragon3042 said:
Hi all,

Can I get a recommendation for:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member (@mozgow)
Thanks in advance.
Iria: Zeiram The Animation
Project A-Ko
Video Girl Ai

SallyMorton said:
Can someone recommend me something for:
102 (Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member)
Denpa-teki na Kanojo
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari

SevenStarCoffin said:
TheDragon3042 said:

Not the exact same phrasing as your question but these two from the FAQs of the challenge should answer it.

Yes, you can re-watch anime for the challenge, but as @LunyRed said, the purpose of this challenge is to encourage people to watch something new.
mozgowMay 6, 2018 11:56 PM
May 7, 2018 2:27 AM
Mar 2018
Initial Post Number: <####>

🎧 Challenge Start Date: 01/01/2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 2018
🎖️ Link to your list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dima2281337
🎖️ Link to your Anime+: http://graph.anime.plus/Dima2281337/profile
🔗 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 14
🔺 Difficulty: Knight

🔻 Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

🔒 Challenge list:

Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put Withdrawn.
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.

May 7, 2018 3:49 AM

Oct 2007
SevenStarCoffin said:
1) Can re-watches I.e. anime I watched before the competition start date and then watched again after be counted as items on the list?

Yes, as long as you prove you've previously watched it and then re-watched it. If you look at my challenge entry (link in my signature) and search for "Eureka Seven", you'll see a screenshot of what I mean. I was told to provide this information during last year's challenge, and it was accepted. Also, one of the mods for the challenge (I can't remember who now lol) is re-watching some series for their entries too.

Phlippy said:
108. Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color - it's either black, brown, blonde, red, white or gray

What about Free!: Take Your Marks for this one? I'm not sure if Nitori's hair would count as gray or if it's more of a silver and if Momo's counts as red or if it's more orange.

I'd say Momo is a redhead and Nitori's hair is gray.
May 7, 2018 7:07 AM

Sep 2016
Hi.
I need an anime for: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread and (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:
my list : https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ElKaiser
Thanks for the help
May 7, 2018 7:18 AM
Sep 2017
mozgow said:

SallyMorton said:
Can someone recommend me something for:
102 (Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member)
Denpa-teki na Kanojo
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari

May 7, 2018 7:37 AM

May 2013
Phlippy said:
108. Watch an anime with 6 or more main characters with natural hair color - it's either black, brown, blonde, red, white or gray

What about Free!: Take Your Marks for this one? I'm not sure if Nitori's hair would count as gray or if it's more of a silver and if Momo's counts as red or if it's more orange.

The Free wiki says:
Nitori has grey hair http://free-anime.wikia.com/wiki/Aiichiro_Nitori
Momo has red hair http://free-anime.wikia.com/wiki/Momotaro_Mikoshiba
May 7, 2018 7:48 AM

Aug 2017
ElKaiser said:
Hi.
I need an anime for: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread and (102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:
Thanks for the help

for #27 Made in Abyss, Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV), Sakamichi no Apollon
May 7, 2018 9:03 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
FrozenRoy said:
I was considering joining the challenge and I have a question that does not seem to be answered in the FAQ or the initial post. For the challenge...
107. Finish an on-hold or dropped anime
...Is it okay if you do not list a specific date but instead a general date for when you began the anime? I was thinking of watching Simoun or Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World. However, I started both of them many years ago (long before I even knew MAL existed), and I have no idea the exact date that I started them. Is it fine to put, say, just "2008" or whatnot for this? Or is there another option for if I wished to do this?

If you can't prove the previous watched dates, I suggest you change the item for another of the same tier. Alternatively you can try checking the episode history for the title and see if there's a valid date there. If you don't know how to check your episode history for the anime, try the following
TuyNOM said:
[...]Click on the anime -> Edit details -> History
Example for Katanagatari:

SevenStarCoffin said:
1) Can re-watches I.e. anime I watched before the competition start date and then watched again after be counted as items on the list?

I know you got your answer already, but let me paste in case someone else also ask again
While its not against the rules, re-watching is not something I support. The main point of the challenge is to explore and watch new anime. If, even then, you decide to re-watch a title you will need to update the dates accordingly on your anime list to reflect the dates in which the title was watched during the year.

Dima2281337 said:
Initial Post Number: <####>

🎧 Challenge Start Date: 01/01/2018
🎤 Challenge Finish Date: 2018

@Dima2281337 please post this in the sign up thread and remove from here.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289

Kuromii said:
Yes, as long as you prove you've previously watched it and then re-watched it. If you look at my challenge entry (link in my signature) and search for "Eureka Seven", you'll see a screenshot of what I mean. I was told to provide this information during last year's challenge, and it was accepted. Also, one of the mods for the challenge (I can't remember who now lol) is re-watching some series for their entries too.

May I ask who, from the team, is re-watching for the challenge?
Also note that it will depend on how many re-watches there are used if they will be accepted.

Divine_Senpai said:
Hi, I'd like to start the challenge for Jan 1 (i know I'm really late) but when I go to anime history it only shows things I've recently finished. Got any advice?

@Divine_Senpai please avoid posting that in the sign up thread.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 7, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
ElKaiser said:
Hi.
Thanks for the help
For #102:
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Cross Game
May 7, 2018 2:13 PM
Oct 2014
Need recommendations for an anime to watch for item #27 and a staff member recommendations for item #102
May 7, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2015
Snowblind_1 said:
Need recommendations for an anime to watch for item #27 and a staff member recommendations for item #102

For #27:

Ergo Proxy
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Kara no Kyoukai
Texhnolyze
May 7, 2018 3:40 PM
Cineman Role

Jun 2016
Greetings.

Could one of you lovely staffers recommend a poor lad an anime to fulfill the Challenge Staff Rec option, #102?

Thanks in advance.
May 7, 2018 7:40 PM

Apr 2009
@Yuki-Chan276, please could I have a recommendation? Please do not recommend me something too fanservice heavy, though! Thank-you! And would you be able to confirm that I'd be able to use Koro-sensei for the non-humanoid main character challenge?
May 8, 2018 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
Snowblind_1 said:
For #102:
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Seirei no Moribito

2Trace-Rail9 said:
Greetings.

Could one of you lovely staffers recommend a poor lad an anime to fulfill the Challenge Staff Rec option, #102?

Thanks in advance.
Iria: Zeiram The Animation
Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken
mozgowMay 8, 2018 12:11 AM
May 8, 2018 1:21 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
AkatsukigirlTy said:
@Yuki-Chan276, please could I have a recommendation? Please do not recommend me something too fanservice heavy, though! Thank-you! And would you be able to confirm that I'd be able to use Koro-sensei for the non-humanoid main character challenge?

Dantalian no Shoka
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Youjo Senki

As for your question, I think it should be valid, but I would like to ask for @SheyCroix 's opinion as well.
May 8, 2018 3:39 AM

Aug 2017
Hey there guys. I need help with entry 96. Can I use Baccano? If I can how should I write the ages of the characters? Their ages aren't stated anywhere.
May 8, 2018 5:37 AM

Apr 2010
haplomonka said:
Hey there guys. I need help with entry 96. Can I use Baccano? If I can how should I write the ages of the characters? Their ages aren't stated anywhere.

"Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast - they should be 18 years old or older (age clearly stated; doesn't need to be stated "

I guess so. Never watche it. You can also try "Joker Game", "psycho pass" and "Samurai Deeper Kyou" (I think)

May 8, 2018 8:46 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Yuki-Chan276 said:
AkatsukigirlTy said:

Dantalian no Shoka
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Youjo Senki
As for your question, I think it should be valid, but I would like to ask for @SheyCroix 's opinion as well.

@AkatsukigirlTy he can be used as non-humanoid for most of the series he's MC. Also remember to specify for what item you are asking the rec for.

Phlippy said:
81. Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL
Is there another way to search for this than clicking through every series ever? I still haven't found any that started on a 16th

89. Watch an anime adapted from a Digital Manga
Are there really just 9 anime available for this challenge? lol

106. Watch the Top anime recommended to your Favorite Anime
Even tho Ajin is only the Top 4 recommended show to Parasyte, I can still use it since I already watched the other 3, right?

@Phlippy Please, don't post this in the sign up thread

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 8, 2018 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
@Phlippy
#81. Go to seasonal page (here) and search for "16,". Most of the matches will be for completed members or year, but some will be for the day.
On the current season page I have already found one that aired on the 16th (Wonder Gravity: Pino To Juuryoku Tsukai).
If you look on other season's pages you should find something better than this.

#89. Yes, there are only 9 anime for this item.

#106. It doesn't have to be your top 1 favourite anime. You can use any listed on your profile page.
May 8, 2018 2:26 PM

Aug 2017
EfiChan said:
haplomonka said:

"Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast - they should be 18 years old or older (age clearly stated; doesn't need to be stated "

I guess so. Never watche it. You can also try "Joker Game", "psycho pass" and "Samurai Deeper Kyou" (I think)

Thanks for reply!
But nevermind :D. I've found the ages on anime site, I hope it's valid :D.
May 8, 2018 4:35 PM

Oct 2008
Can I use Akatsuki no Yona for an anime set outside of Japan?
May 9, 2018 12:58 AM

Jul 2014
GrapefruitNeko said:
No, you can't. It must be real country on Earth.

Although the setting for Akatsuki no Yona is based on the Three Kingdoms of Korea period, they do not use the real names of those Kingdoms (if they did it would be valid, I think).

You can use this blog entry for ideas.
May 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Feb 2018
https://myanimelist.net/character/156088/Teresa_Wagner

So Teresa from Tada-kun counts as a non japanese human MC (60)?
May 9, 2018 5:46 AM

Oct 2008
mozgow said:
GrapefruitNeko said:
No, you can't. It must be real country on Earth.

Although the setting for Akatsuki no Yona is based on the Three Kingdoms of Korea period, they do not use the real names of those Kingdoms (if they did it would be valid, I think).

You can use this blog entry for ideas.
Aw, okay. Thanks, will look for something else. That list would be more helpful if they mark the ones that definitely can't be used, too.
May 9, 2018 8:37 AM

Nov 2014
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Pretty sure it counts as long as its not revealed at some random point that she's half-Japanese or something.
May 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2010
GrapefruitNeko said:

Here some things outsife of Japan:
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée (France)
Kuroshitsuji (UK)
Hakushaku to Yousei (UK)
Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi (UK)
Rose of Versailles (France)

May 9, 2018 10:36 AM

Feb 2018
abhutrash said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Pretty sure it counts as long as its not revealed at some random point that she's half-Japanese or something.

Guess I will have to hold my breath. :D Thanks :)
May 9, 2018 11:01 AM

Oct 2008
EfiChan said:
GrapefruitNeko said:

Here some things outsife of Japan:
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée (France)
Kuroshitsuji (UK)
Hakushaku to Yousei (UK)
Code:Realize - Sousei no Himegimi (UK)
Rose of Versailles (France)

Thanks for the recommendations! :)
May 9, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2012
For (21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
do any of these count?
Attack on Titan
Gintama
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
May 10, 2018 5:48 AM

May 2015
Hey, could someone recommend me some anime for (27). Thanks in advance!
May 10, 2018 6:12 AM

Jul 2014
TobiMTA said:
Hey, could someone recommend me some anime for (27). Thanks in advance!
Grenadier: Hohoemi no Senshi
Tamayura
Murder Princess
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden
May 10, 2018 6:52 PM

Aug 2007
Can I use Agumon for number 97, Watch an with a non-humanoid main character?

Also, I just noticed that I seem to have messed up my Initial Post Number, I have it as 838 which is the same as the user that posted before me. From what I gathered, I'm the one who made a mistake (odds are the other user posted while I was editing my entry form) and it should be number 839, which would fit.
Should I change it to 839?
May 10, 2018 7:08 PM

Jun 2016
Mellowmancer said:
For (21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field
do any of these count?
Attack on Titan
Gintama
Hoozuki no Reitetsu

Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field -state the character and profession; they get paid for their services, like a lawyer, teacher, doctor and so on.

thats the requirement for 21 it so lets say for example; the mc from mob psycho 100 (arataka) hes a psychic and his clients pay him

shows like shirobako or new game are easy to tell cause anime creation/video game creation are their jobs respectively and its how they maintain their livelihoods
May 10, 2018 7:23 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Mellowmancer said:
do any of these count?
Attack on Titan
Gintama
Hoozuki no Reitetsu

From those I suggest Hoozuki. That one will be valid.

Nocturnal said:

Also, I just noticed that I seem to have messed up my Initial Post Number, I have it as 838 which is the same as the user that posted before me. From what I gathered, I'm the one who made a mistake (odds are the other user posted while I was editing my entry form) and it should be number 839, which would fit.

The non-humanoid will depend on the series you plan to use.
As for the IPN, some users share the same one. If you can say for sure it was a mistake and your original one was 839, then sure, feel free to change it.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Aug 2007
SheyCroix said:

Nocturnal said:

As for the IPN, some users share the same one. If you can say for sure it was a mistake and your original one was 839, then sure, feel free to change it.

I'm not sure if I did make a mistake so I'll keep and is, then.

I was planning on using Agumon on Digimon Adventure Movie, would that do?
May 10, 2018 8:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nocturnal said:
SheyCroix said:
I'm not sure if I did make a mistake so I'll keep and is, then.
I was planning on using Agumon on Digimon Adventure Movie, would that do?

Yes, that movie will work.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 11, 2018 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
""If it says watch an anime, can I use a movie/ONA/Special/OVA for that item?"
Unless otherwise stated, you can use any type of anime for the items. "

music is included as well? will it count as anime or we should use it when its mentioned as Music in the challenge list !?
@AWC_mod
@SheyCroix
May 11, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2007
Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

Need a recommendation for the Challenge #102, please.

Any genre will do. Curious for the recommendations.

@Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow
May 11, 2018 11:07 AM

Aug 2015
Nyarlathotep said:

@Sojin @Conde_Mohr @TuyNOM @jhoson14 @mozgow

Hello !

https://myanimelist.net/anime/7785/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/885/Tenshi_no_Tamago
https://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu
May 11, 2018 11:22 AM

Dec 2007
TuyNOM said:
Nyarlathotep said:

Sojin Conde_Mohr TuyNOM jhoson14 mozgow

Hello !

https://myanimelist.net/anime/7785/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/885/Tenshi_no_Tamago
https://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu

Thanks. ;)
May 11, 2018 4:51 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Daisy-Sensei said:
""If it says watch an anime, can I use a movie/ONA/Special/OVA for that item?"
Unless otherwise stated, you can use any type of anime for the items. "

music is included as well? will it count as anime or we should use it when its mentioned as Music in the challenge list !?
@AWC_mod
@SheyCroix

It will count if it's valid for that item. So yes, Music (type) counts as anime. Do remember that some items have a duration restriction.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 12, 2018 8:30 AM

Mar 2018
What is the reward for completing this challenge?
May 12, 2018 9:50 AM

Mar 2018
Hello, recommend me something to watch please
May 12, 2018 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
xWETERx said:
Hello, recommend me something to watch please

https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 12, 2018 1:48 PM

Oct 2016
For #27, can someone please recommend me an anime that I can watch?
May 12, 2018 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
melonberryy said:
For #27, can someone please recommend me an anime that I can watch?

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 90 91 [92] 93 94 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isekai Sub-Genres Have Become Genres.

Gashadokur0 - 27 minutes ago

3 by Anjuro »»
6 minutes ago

» Most underrated anime you have seen? ( 1 2 )

HotHamlet - May 13

50 by eblf2013 »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime facts you didn't know before

LenRea - May 24

28 by Halqifibrax »»
15 minutes ago

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

8 by Daviljoe193 »»
15 minutes ago

» What do you think about fetishes in anime?

Anjuro - 4 hours ago

28 by Anjuro »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.