Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (109) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Jan 5, 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 882
Challenge Period: January 01, 2018 to December 24, 2018 (PST time)
Use this thread to
  • Ask questions related to the challenge.
  • Ask for and/or give recommendations for items of the challenge list.
  • Post badges donations for the challenge (please). If you do, add this: @AWC_mod
    --- When donation badges, if possible, share the links within code tags (for easier copying)
    --- Also keep in mind the signature restrictions.
    SignatureRestrictions said:
    Images placed in forum signatures must not:

    a. exceed a total area of 600px width by 150px height.
    b. exceed a total file size of 300 kB.
    c. be NSFM.

    Avoid in this thread

  • Posting comments unrelated to the challenge.
  • Heated discussions (debates/arguing) deviating from the challenge.
  • Spoilers of any kind (use spoilers tags).
  • Double posting. Edit your last reply.

Please abide by the forum rules/guidelines (here)

Frequently Asked Questions

Important: The main site for the challenge list generator will be unavailable for an hour daily
If you are trying to sign-up and the challenge list generator link doesn't work (returns an error page) please try the alternate site or wait a couple of hours for it to be fixed. These errors tend to be related to the hosting site. You can mention the error here so we learn about it. If you don't want to wait you can either mention (@ ) here or send a message either to me or to @SheyCroix (they will answer faster). Just mention the error and that you want the sign-up form. You will still need to manually create your challenge list.

Google Sheets Spreadsheet (Track Progress)
Hello!
I’m @i_yuuko-chan! As this year challenge the listing came a little bit different, and hopefully simpler, I came up with something just to help those busy souls that cannot deal with the dread work of creating their own spreadsheet to track the progress of their challenges, but need one nevertheless.

I had 02 things in mind while creating it: help you track your progress and generate a BBCode automatically. (Nothing sophisticated like what Conde_Mohr made for us last year, sorry!) So, it’s very simple and all, but I hope it helps you not to worry with such works.

That said…

Here is the link.

The spreadsheet contains 3 tabs: “Basic Instructions”, “MAL2018_Anime” and “MAL2018_Manga”. Click on the link provided and create a copy by following these steps [ File > Make a copy ].
Using an external site to find series on MAL
Modified by AWC_mod, Mar 24, 6:53 AM
 
#2
Jan 5, 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3132
At least I'll be the first somewhere. Hopefully...

I hope you have fun with the challenge.

PS: I'm not giving out recs for #102 if not asked directly. Any mention for #102 that also mentions 2 or more challenge mods that are not me will get Oniisama e... as a rec if they get me online on time (unless they already watched it), and I'll try to talk to the others so that they don't rec them anything else.

I'm ok with you asking a couple of us, but connecting and getting 17 mentions, most of which tag 6 people, only because you want to get a faster answer, is annoying and unfair to those who don't do that.
Modified by Conde_Mohr, Jan 24, 5:11 AM
 
#3
Jan 5, 6:00 PM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
Alright everyone lets do this! I need a recommendation for the challenge please list 3 or more
 
#4
Jan 5, 6:02 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9420
Sojin said:
Alright everyone lets do this! I need a recommendation for the challenge please list 3 or more

wait longer to ask for something -_-

xDD
 
#5
Jan 5, 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 587
Hmm, looks alright. Gonna participate in it as a mean of incrementing my list and also to watch things I normally wouldn't.








 
#6
Jan 5, 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15544
hooray, a new year of non stop fun anime watching
 
#7
Jan 5, 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 65
Could I get a recommendation for #27 and #102?

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

@SheyCroix
Modified by -R, Jan 5, 6:58 PM
 
#8
Jan 5, 6:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 915
Can I also get a recommendation for:

Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
 
#9
Jan 5, 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 599
editing my sign-up right now!
hi guys! ♥

@koto I rec Gatchaman Crowds!

can a staff member rec me something?
Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Modified by straykid, Jan 5, 6:56 PM
 
Jan 5, 6:56 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9420
@-R @koto you have to ask one of the staff members directly in case they don't see your post (mention any of them)
 
Jan 5, 7:00 PM
Time killer

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1471
koto said:
Can I also get a recommendation for:

Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member


Hello o/

#Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Movie: https://myanimelist.net/anime/2154/Tekkon_Kinkreet
TV Series: https://myanimelist.net/anime/10163/C__The_Money_of_Soul_and_Possibility_Control

I found them in your Plan to Watch, if you want something else because you already use them for other items, ask again.
 
Jan 5, 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 599
Fuck me for hitting the randomizer! Lol

>Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more
>Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more
>Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more

 
Jan 5, 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 93
Hey. Can I get some recommendations for these two. Thanks in advance.

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
 
Jan 5, 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3132
protoplasm said:
Fuck me for hitting the randomizer! Lol

>Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more
>Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more
>Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more


Feel free to change them, the randomize button is there because some people like it that way.
 
Jan 5, 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 599
Conde_Mohr said:
protoplasm said:
Fuck me for hitting the randomizer! Lol

>Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more
>Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more
>Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more


Feel free to change them, the randomize button is there because some people like it that way.


this will be hard for my standards but I will keep the first set of randomized challenges I got.I like the thrill
 
Jan 5, 7:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
Wow 100 challenges this year, going to have to watch a ton
Also could I get some recommendations for challenge 102 and 27 please :P
27 - recommended in the challenge discussion thread
103- recommended by a staff member
 
Jan 5, 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 977
protoplasm said:
Fuck me for hitting the randomizer! Lol

>Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more
>Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more
>Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more



thats why I chose not to do the hardcore difficulty kek. I also used the randomizer


 
Jan 5, 7:06 PM
</denied>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3264
Glad I bumped my goal list to 500. I'll be sure to complete the hardcore edition and will probably frequent this thread for suggestions a lot this year. /weap


ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ʜᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ, ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ.


 
Jan 5, 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 649
Am I allowed to use an anime that I started before Jan 1st but haven't finished yet for the challenge?
I mean... I'm probably definately way too hyped for this.

 
Jan 5, 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3132
lazypigz said:
Am I allowed to use an anime that I started before Jan 1st but haven't finished yet for the challenge?
If you read the rules, you'll se that you can't, except for the on-hold/dropped item.
 
Jan 5, 7:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
I see a challenge that you have to complete that started on the same day you joined MAL. Does this mean exact day as in April 9, 2015 for me?
 
Jan 5, 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 649
Conde_Mohr said:
lazypigz said:
Am I allowed to use an anime that I started before Jan 1st but haven't finished yet for the challenge?
If you read the rules, you'll se that you can't, except for the on-hold/dropped item.
thx. I was having a bit of trouble figuring out where the "how to play" rules were when they were in fact in the faq
I mean... I'm probably definately way too hyped for this.

 
Jan 5, 7:19 PM
No Common Sense

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 427
I hope I can actually finish this challenge without having to do any revisions this year. With the amount of requirements for the highest difficulty, however... unlikely to happen for me, but I can try.
 
Jan 5, 7:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 915
TuyNOM said:
#Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Movie: https://myanimelist.net/anime/2154/Tekkon_Kinkreet
TV Series: https://myanimelist.net/anime/10163/C__The_Money_of_Soul_and_Possibility_Control

I found them in your Plan to Watch, if you want something else because you already use them for other items, ask again.

Thank you for the recs, I'll definitely watch them!

protoplasm said:

@koto I rec Gatchaman Crowds!

Thank you for the recommendation!
 
Jan 5, 7:22 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9420
-R said:
Could I get a recommendation for #27 and #102?
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
@SheyCroix

Well lol, I did tell you to mention them xD

For either of them I recommend

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4177/Bounen_no_Xamdou
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5671/Saki
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7592/Nurarihyon_no_Mago
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7817/B-gata_H-kei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom

Hovlane said:
I see a challenge that you have to complete that started on the same day you joined MAL. Does this mean exact day as in April 9, 2015 for me?

81. Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL - It would be the 9th of any month/year
 
Jan 5, 7:36 PM
SoL is the GOAT

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1249
If anyone could please help me out.
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:
 
Jan 5, 7:37 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 574
protoplasm said:
Fuck me for hitting the randomizer! Lol

>Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more
>Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more
>Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more

I feel your pain, I feel it bro
All 3 are on mine too plus the sign up date one is as well.
Just gotta hang in there.
 
Jan 5, 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 5928
looking for recs
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
 
Jan 5, 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 12572
@SheyCroix
Send your fantasy recs to me too (Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member). <3
Modified by Kreyul, Jan 11, 8:04 AM
 
Jan 5, 7:45 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 574
Looking for recs as well
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Plus I have a question about the signup date one
(81) Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL
Either I'm doing something terribly wrong or there's no 'nime which started the 14th of May.
Could someone lend me a hand?
 
Jan 5, 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 599
Ranacchi said:
Looking for recs as well
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Plus I have a question about the signup date one
(81) Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL
Either I'm doing something terribly wrong or there's no 'nime which started the 14th of May.
Could someone lend me a hand?


it's the 14th of any month/year

Ranacchi said:

I feel your pain, I feel it bro
All 3 are on mine too plus the sign up date one is as well.
Just gotta hang in there.


lol we gotta be strong
 
Jan 5, 7:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 11
I have a feeling that @SheyCroix is kind of regretting this

Can I have some recommendations for 102
 
Jan 5, 8:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 156
Might as well get this over with.
I need a rec. Can be from my PTW, but I am open to most things. Ideally, nothing super long.
Also seen AWC staff rec. @Sojin, care to enlighten me with your wisdom?
 
Jan 5, 8:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 1106
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:



@Sojin May I ask you for help here, kind stranger?
Modified by CrystalGemFox, Jan 5, 8:53 PM
 
Jan 5, 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 763
A query about the Extra Title.

Is the "Master of ..." title is restricted to the mentioned genres only, and not the anime type (TV, Movies etc.)?
 
Jan 5, 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 594
I keep getting this message whenever i try to send my information.



What do i do?


 
Jan 5, 8:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 20
Watch the Top anime recommended to your Favorite Anime

For this challenge, does it have be the ONLY the top recommend or the top one you haven't seen yet from your favorites?
 
Jan 5, 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 107
I need some help,

i'm finding it very hard to find an anime with no discussion thread or reviews if anyone could point me in the direction of any? that would be so helpful! (103) and (105)
 
Jan 5, 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 32
Okay folks. Need some anime for this: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread!
 
Jan 5, 8:10 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9420
Somuchgamer said:
I keep getting this message whenever i try to send my information. What do i do?

Seems the website will be sleeping for 1 hour every day. So please wait a bit longer and try again. For now try checking the items and reading all the info.

itsworthless said:
I need some help, i'm finding it very hard to find an anime with no discussion thread or reviews if anyone could point me in the direction of any? that would be so helpful! (103) and (105)

I think you haven't searched for that long..... try a bit more with unpopular series, those related to stuff already watched or old series

omegakiller said:
Watch the Top anime recommended to your Favorite Anime. For this challenge, does it have be the ONLY the top recommend or the top one you haven't seen yet from your favorites?

the explanation says "the most recommended title that you haven't watched". So yes, only the first one (most recommended) not watched already

TahZin said:
A query about the Extra Title. Is the "Master of ..." title is restricted to the mentioned genres only, and not the anime type (TV, Movies etc.)?

Only those mentioned. You can try a personal restriction that limits to certain types. The TV one wasn't added this year because some items are too hard for it
Modified by SheyCroix, Jan 5, 8:16 PM
 
Jan 5, 8:11 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4956
desseroni said:
If anyone could please help me out.
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:


dlee342 said:
looking for recs
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member


im not challenge staff but for 27th =/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1430/Lupin_III__Cagliostro_no_Shiro
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1089/Macross__Do_You_Remember_Love
Even tho there was a faint chance of that miracle happening, you prayed for it to happen. You prayed for and bet on the power of a miracle, one so unlikely it was totally impossible, less likely than finding a bead you've dropped on a sandy beach.
 
Jan 5, 8:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 116
If anyone can help. Preferably 1-2 cour.

(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Thank you!
 
Jan 5, 8:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 107
@cloudshark watch "tsuki ga kirei" if you havent already
 
Jan 5, 8:18 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 574
protoplasm said:


it's the 14th of any month/year

Phew you saved me right there, mate.
Found a few gems already
Thanks


@smhmines
What think of Yoru no Yatterman, Alice to Zouroku, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Etotama, or Flip Flappers?
Modified by Ranacchi, Jan 5, 8:22 PM
 
Jan 5, 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 599
Does anyone know a title that fits this criteria?

(88) Watch an anime adapted from a Picture Book


 
Jan 5, 8:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 187
Just looked and I have a short dropped/on hold list to go off.
 
Jan 5, 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1188
@protoplasm Honobono Log if I recall correctly
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
 
Jan 5, 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 599
omakase said:
@protoplasm Honobono Log if I recall correctly


thank you sooo much!
here are my 30 characters expressing my gratitude
 
Jan 5, 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 32
itsworthless said:
@cloudshark watch "tsuki ga kirei" if you havent already


Thank you! I hadn't seen that one yet, so I will use that for this year's challenge!
 
Jan 5, 8:28 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4956
query , anime i started b4 2017 but finished this year doesnt count right =w=
Even tho there was a faint chance of that miracle happening, you prayed for it to happen. You prayed for and bet on the power of a miracle, one so unlikely it was totally impossible, less likely than finding a bead you've dropped on a sandy beach.
 
Top
Pages (109) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »