Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 13, 2017 3:12 PM

Apr 2009
Oboro with wings next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2017 3:21 PM
Nov 2015
The cliche shounen shit in the second half really pissed me off. But the first half was great though.
Mar 13, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2012
Stunning episode O.O. This fight was just too perfect! Gintoki's moves and speeches vs Kamui were so great. I loved how he broke the umbrella using the pommel of his sword.
Gintoki is really the best, he even won his fight vs normal Kamui thanks to his will. His lines of dialogues were well written and they showed how Gintoki was friendly towards Kamui. He was not there to kill him, but help him. Beautiful fight.

The second part were also amazing, especially when Shinpachi and Kagura were fighting. The level of determination used by Shinpachi to always attack a Yato like Kamui was astonishing. Great great scenes.

And finally we ended the episode on a beautiful scene between Kamui and Kagura. It was hard to don't shed manly tears.

I'm so happy that Kagura finally retrieved his brother :). The mind progression of Kamui was well done. Sorachi, you are clearly the strongest man of Gintama
Mar 14, 2017 4:18 AM
Dec 2013
I almost cried in this episode. It was really cheesy but it was good cheese, and it was very touching. This is probably my favourite Gintama serious arc.
Mar 14, 2017 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was awesome
Mar 14, 2017 7:30 AM
Jan 2017
Thought it was so awesome. There was a part that was perplexing to me. It was after Gin gained the upper hand on Kamui, and was going in for "kill shot"...then they panned to his "surprise" face, along with Shinpachi and Kagura...then he just stopped, and Kamui just walked up to him and gave him an uppercut. Ive watched this multiple times now, and it seems as if they either missed a scene, or a line of dialogue. It's really the only time I remember saying "they effed up there" I understand that he was probably exhausted, but it didn't look right.

Phukkitt said:
Even though I prefer the comedy side of Gintama, some of the serious bits in the past have still been pretty good, but these last few episodes with Kamui have just been horrible. And by that I mean horribly boring, predictable and cringe-worthy. Especially this bit with Kagura looking like she's howling at the moon while also vibrating: http://i.imgur.com/eSMrbsj.gif Almost felt like just stopping the video there and giving up on Gintama completely.

I disagree with most everything you said...but one thing I do agree with, was Kagura's "howl". It looked weird and out of character, and wasn't even necessary. Other than that it was fantastic as usual
Mar 14, 2017 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
werdnaajb said:
Thought it was so awesome. There was a part that was perplexing to me. It was after Gin gained the upper hand on Kamui, and was going in for "kill shot"...then they panned to his "surprise" face, along with Shinpachi and Kagura...then he just stopped, and Kamui just walked up to him and gave him an uppercut. Ive watched this multiple times now, and it seems as if they either missed a scene, or a line of dialogue. It's really the only time I remember saying "they effed up there" I understand that he was probably exhausted, but it didn't look right.

Phukkitt said:
Even though I prefer the comedy side of Gintama, some of the serious bits in the past have still been pretty good, but these last few episodes with Kamui have just been horrible. And by that I mean horribly boring, predictable and cringe-worthy. Especially this bit with Kagura looking like she's howling at the moon while also vibrating: http://i.imgur.com/eSMrbsj.gif Almost felt like just stopping the video there and giving up on Gintama completely.

I disagree with most everything you said...but one thing I do agree with, was Kagura's "howl". It looked weird and out of character, and wasn't even necessary. Other than that it was fantastic as usual

They did miss a dialogue, when Gin went down, Umibozu still had a lot more dialogue that they cut up.
If you wanna know then here's the manga scans.

Basically it means Gin's body cant keep up with him.
Mar 14, 2017 5:26 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Fight was spot on. I guess Gintoki can't handle Kamui in a 1 on 1 fight. I'm sure he would put up a fight if he used an actual sword.

Loved the sibling moment in the end. Curious to what Kamui will do from here on out.
Mar 15, 2017 4:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kamui get up of his nightmare!!! tearful meeting about brothers!!! ; _ ;
Mar 15, 2017 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
This episode is epic beyond words. Teared buckets also. Honestly, Gintama is the only shounen anime that I know of which gave me this insane mixture of emotions while watching this episode and this and the other serious arcs throughout the series. Sorachi has a unique mangaka talent of eliciting very powerful emotions from his readers as well as among his characters.

GangsterCat said:
this is probably the worst episode so far, not funny and overdramatic. i hope saiki come soon.

I hope you're just trolling. And I'm a fan also but Saiki is nowhere near Gintama.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 15, 2017 8:26 AM

Sep 2016
FalloutShounen3 said:
This episode is epic beyond words. Teared buckets also. Honestly, Gintama is the only shounen anime that I know of which gave me this insane mixture of emotions while watching this episode and this and the other serious arcs throughout the series. Sorachi has a unique mangaka talent of eliciting very powerful emotions from his readers as well as among his characters.

GangsterCat said:
this is probably the worst episode so far, not funny and overdramatic. i hope saiki come soon.

I hope you're just trolling. And I'm a fan also but Saiki is nowhere near Gintama.
i completely agree that Saiki is nowhere as boring as gintama
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 15, 2017 11:48 AM

Dec 2016
Damn, that fight was very intense, brutal and sad :( With just two episodes left, I'm calling this short season my favorite one of all Gintama. Almost every episodes were 10/10 or 11/10 worthy.
Mar 15, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
FalloutShounen3 said:

GangsterCat said:

Man, Gintama has been the #1 airing anime in terms of popularity and scores for years now. That makes Gintama overall better that Saiki, period. If he thinks Saiki is better, well that's just his opinion.
Mar 15, 2017 11:55 AM
Mar 2017
I just need to know if the second cour is going to start after this arc is over. I watched all 326 episodes in this past month and now it feels like torture to have to wait till Sunday to watch Gintama. This is easily my favorite long running anime and i dont know what im gonna do with myself once its over. Somebody has to let me know how much longer we will be able to witness this greatness.
Mar 15, 2017 5:05 PM

Oct 2012
This episode made me cringe, 17 minutes of talking and 3 minutes of fighting.
Worst episode so far.

Mar 16, 2017 3:51 AM

Apr 2015
fuckallthat said:
I just need to know if the second cour is going to start after this arc is over. I watched all 326 episodes in this past month and now it feels like torture to have to wait till Sunday to watch Gintama. This is easily my favorite long running anime and i dont know what im gonna do with myself once its over. Somebody has to let me know how much longer we will be able to witness this greatness.

Since the news says that the new opening and ending themes will debut in April, it's save to say that the second cour will be airing right after this one finishes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2017 9:17 AM
Mar 2017
CG-Silver said:
fuckallthat said:

Since the news says that the new opening and ending themes will debut in April, it's save to say that the second cour will be airing right after this one finishes.

Thanks thats what i was hoping for
Mar 16, 2017 10:17 AM
Jan 2017
Thanks for the manga scans, that really helps out. I hope they go back and edit that part with just the lines from Umibozu, cause as unbelievable as this episode was, that part will always be awkward as fuck to me without the dialogue (I' really don't remember seeing something that...peculiar...in any episode of this series)

fuckallthat said:
CG-Silver said:

I was kinda hoping for a little break, just to have something to look forward to...cause there isn't THAT much left....BUT the rewatch value of this anime is through the roof. I binged the whole series 3 times in the 6 months prior to this season, and I can't wait to do it all again with the new season. Always new things you find, and it never gets old. No, it only gets better.
Mar 16, 2017 8:34 PM
Mar 2017
werdnaajb said:
Thanks for the manga scans, that really helps out. I hope they go back and edit that part with just the lines from Umibozu, cause as unbelievable as this episode was, that part will always be awkward as fuck to me without the dialogue (I' really don't remember seeing something that...peculiar...in any episode of this series)

fuckallthat said:

I was kinda hoping for a little break, just to have something to look forward to...cause there isn't THAT much left....BUT the rewatch value of this anime is through the roof. I binged the whole series 3 times in the 6 months prior to this season, and I can't wait to do it all again with the new season. Always new things you find, and it never gets old. No, it only gets better.

Im definitely gonna rewatch it i honestly wish it would never end. I know its near the end but how many episodes would you guess are left? I havent read the manga but i know its nearly caught up
Mar 17, 2017 6:14 AM

Nov 2013
10/10 episode.
But as always the salty comments are as well entertaining af

Next episode is another time to show why Gintama shits on everything else out there.
Mar 17, 2017 7:17 AM

Mar 2017
I didn't like this episod it was the worst episode in this season the flashback was the worst and the end of the epic story of Kamui was the worst
Mar 17, 2017 6:21 PM

Dec 2015
Nishiou said:

But as always the salty comments are as well entertaining af.

LOL! couldn't have said it better myself.
Mar 18, 2017 5:07 AM
Nov 2013
GangsterCat said:
next season confirmed. Sorry about your luck- but it is the final season- so you'll finally be able to stop complaining
Mar 18, 2017 7:39 AM

Oct 2016
crystalblade13 said:
GangsterCat said:
next season confirmed. Sorry about your luck- but it is the final season- so you'll finally be able to stop complaining

At any rate i don't think anyone can find fault in the final arc. It's a masterpiece.
Mar 18, 2017 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
A little too heavy on the flashbacks (and inner monologues), which was especially frustrating since the past few episodes were actually flashbacks themselves. Please Gintama, don't be Naruto. Made me sad -- I was really looking forward to a badass fight. Still, it was pretty damn cool!

Though, tbh, I enjoyed the Shogun Assassination arc more than this one. Yet again, I realize why Gintama is one of my favorite anime for its characters and comedy -- not the cliche shonen stuff. It's great sometimes, but the animation and the dialogue really falls short here especially.
fishergirl16Mar 18, 2017 3:04 PM
Mar 18, 2017 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
crystalblade13 said:

Wait I'm confused. Is this the final season? Gintama will end??
Mar 18, 2017 9:05 PM

Oct 2016
Hypokeimenon said:
crystalblade13 said:

Wait I'm confused. Is this the final season? Gintama will end??

Yeah I s'pose. This is called Gintama. for a reason.
Mar 19, 2017 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
Germs_N_Spices said:
crystalblade13 said:

At any rate i don't think anyone can find fault in the final arc. It's a masterpiece.
There is a very noticeable fault with it though.
Mar 24, 2017 1:22 AM

Nov 2007
Did anyone else's heart melt when mini Kagura tried to fix the bed to put her mother to sleep? She couldn't even reach her mother!

"Sou... Dakara soro soro oyasumi desu yo!"

This was such a beautiful episode. I had salt water running down my cheek with those Kagura-flashbacks.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 24, 2017 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
Kamui's going nuts lol

I'm glad that Abuto decided to intervene. He is the only brain in Kamui's group seeing that Kamui gave up to his natural urges.

It's nice seeing Shinpachi do his best to fight against Kamui too. I love Pattsan.

I'm glad Kagura won the fight. I think many people underestimate her for being younger than him.
臭い-
Mar 27, 2017 10:27 AM

Feb 2017
OK I am PRRIIITTYY SURE that was one of the more heart-throbbing episodes of Gintama! But if not as an entirety... for certain in all of Gintama 2017!

Gintoki's way of thinking is great! He's not only skilled... but backs up his skills with pride and wisdom!

When he delivered that upward knee to Kamui's elbow!!! YOUCH!! XD

What could not reach him through a bloody war... could be reached through the love of his Yato blood! :3
Mar 28, 2017 3:08 AM

Mar 2012
Awesome fight, definitely showed how dangerous Kamui is when even Gintoki couldn't take him down on his own.
Apr 9, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2012
A good portion of melodrama! Pretty solid combination with the intense action! Let's see what's next.
Apr 28, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
Dear God this episode was terrible. What the hell Kamui even wanted? Why the hell Kagura family lived in dangerous city? Why they hell Umibouzu didnt let take his wife back to her planet? How Gintoki even can fight with Kamui? This is total bulshit just like in fairy tail. Gintoki shoud be dead, Shinpachi also because Kamui is even stronger than Housen. This is ridiculous.

1/5

Even animation was bad, bad writing, too many bushit speeches. I dont know what happen to Sorachi but Kishimoto and Hiro Mahima must be proud of him.

The worst fight in the entries series and the worst arc.
Taito10Apr 28, 2017 3:08 PM
Apr 28, 2017 8:19 PM

Jul 2015
Taito10 said:
Dear God this episode was terrible. What the hell Kamui even wanted? Why the hell Kagura family lived in dangerous city? Why they hell Umibouzu didnt let take his wife back to her planet? How Gintoki even can fight with Kamui? This is total bulshit just like in fairy tail. Gintoki shoud be dead, Shinpachi also because Kamui is even stronger than Housen. This is ridiculous.

1/5

Even animation was bad, bad writing, too many bushit speeches. I dont know what happen to Sorachi but Kishimoto and Hiro Mahima must be proud of him.

The worst fight in the entries series and the worst arc.
lol you need to rewatch that episode and previous episodes again, all of your question would be answered, and the animation is good(but it's not the best animation like the Katsura vs Shakkau fight...but that was Top Tier)
Sup...
Nov 23, 2017 3:38 PM
Oct 2011
QueenSapphire said:
Nishiou said:

But as always the salty comments are as well entertaining af.

LOL! couldn't have said it better myself.
well, what can i say about these salty and lame comments? if some people don't realise Kamui's reasoning (and it's not difficult to understand it at all), that doesn't mean Kamui's moments and story are "the worst". Idiots just be hatin'
Feb 24, 2018 4:50 PM

Nov 2016
All those feels ;_;

Everyone vs Kamui was certainly something and intense as hell. And he even did the same thing as Kagura back then.

Kamui falling asleep on Kaguras lap was a beautiful finish.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2018 3:50 PM

Oct 2017
fishergirl16 said:
A little too heavy on the flashbacks (and inner monologues), which was especially frustrating since the past few episodes were actually flashbacks themselves. Please Gintama, don't be Naruto. Made me sad -- I was really looking forward to a badass fight. Still, it was pretty damn cool!

Though, tbh, I enjoyed the Shogun Assassination arc more than this one. Yet again, I realize why Gintama is one of my favorite anime for its characters and comedy -- not the cliche shonen stuff. It's great sometimes, but the animation and the dialogue really falls short here especially.

The serious arcs are usually much better, this one was just the most generic Shounen one and Kamui's motivations & redemption both sucked sadly
May 17, 2018 9:52 PM
Sep 2017
I found this episode to be beautiful.
There was plenty of super badass fighting action to keep it entertaining, but there were also SO many feels!
Gintoki (or should I say Sorachi) always has such a way with words. It always gives me a lump in my throat when he makes it clear that the Yorozuya are his family, and he will do whatever it takes to protect them so that he never loses them.
It’s also clear that he, Kagura, and Shinpachi, while going all-out against Kamui (because they had to), had no real anger against him - they were trying to get him to see reason, and Umibouzo, lying there watching, was aware of that as well.
As far as the flashbacks, it hurt to see what a loving little boy Kamui once was - I hope he can regain at least some of that, yet still remain a total badass, of course!
Toddler Kagura crying “Mami!” when Kouka was dying was just heartbreaking.
That brother/sister hug at the end, though - and Kamui lying with his head in Kagura’s lap while her tears fell on his face - oh my heart.
Honorable mention to Abuto - he’s pretty damn awesome as a vice-captain and friend!
May 23, 2018 8:32 AM

Jul 2013
I'm way too sleepy to fully comprehend the philosophical dialogues in this episode. Some talk about the "real name" or some shit. I'm satisfied with the badass action and that Kamui finally stood down now we can move on.
Jun 24, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2015
Yeeee....Kamui is strong.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 26, 2019 11:50 AM
Apr 2018
Wow, Yorozuya vs Kamui is my new favourite fight in the series. It was so beautiful seeing the Yorozuya fight for each other, especially with the flashbacks of Kagura and Shinpachi. My boi Shinpachi finally got his badass moment. Despite being nothing compared to Kamui, he still kept fighting because he was protecting Kagura.
Oct 11, 2019 1:32 AM

May 2016
So many feels mixed up in one package this sure was another 10/10
Nov 22, 2019 9:58 PM
Apr 2016
What a fight! What an amazing fight, that was just amazing. I wonder where Shoyo is though, did he just disappear or something?
Nov 26, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2015
Ohhh that Kamui x Gintoki fight was immense!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 15, 2020 3:56 AM

Nov 2018
Very intense fighting from Gintoki & Kamui. Very emotional at the end as well.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Apr 16, 2020 10:25 AM

Aug 2019
What a beautiful episode with such badass action and so many feels!! I had chills during most of it.
Gintoki vs Kamui was awesome and especially loved Gin's speeches while trying to bring Kamui back. "I am Yorozuya Gin-chan". He always has the best lines to say and him fighting to protect his family is always beautiful to see.
Abuto is such a cool guy, really the best subordinate and friend anyone could ask for. He's sarcastic but loyal and his sacrificing himself to reach Kamui was awesome.
I'm glad that Shinpachi got his time to shine. His and Kagura's teamwork was amazing and the way they both got up again and again to stop Kamui combined with their monologues was so touching, I had tears in my eyes. And Kouka's death was very sad.
Kagura once again shows why she is the best female character I've seen in anime <3. Even after going through so much, she doesn't give up on trying to protect both her families. And the final hug between the siblings and Kamui resting on Kagura's lap was very emotional. Gintama always has the best characterisation and develoments.
Mayo-13Apr 16, 2020 9:23 PM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Aug 12, 2020 11:04 PM

Aug 2018
I cried when Kagura was telling her mom about going to earth as a whole family. truly sad and great episode.

Oct 17, 2020 2:51 AM

Jul 2020
Epic episode, the action are bad ass and the backstory are a tearjerker.
Oct 25, 2020 2:26 PM

Oct 2017
What a brutal and rainy episode. Nothing will ever beat this family!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

188 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:43 PM

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 22, 2017

109 by otakuweek »»
Jan 11, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.