Forum Settings
Forums
Weathering With You
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 6, 2020 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
Visually flawless, but the storyline was rather average.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jun 6, 2020 7:03 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was breathtaking. The animation quality was insane. I know Comix Wave/Makoto Shinkai movies have high quality, was this is something totally different. The attention to detail for the backgrounds reminded me of Ghibli, was up to date! Really every frame a painting.
Its probably worth watching for the beautifull artwork alone.

Im really glad I could finally watch this movie. All the stuff I watched lately was just fine, but this really was amazing. It pulled me into its world very fast and took me on an amazing journey. Lately I was in a state in which I lost interest quickly and everything became boring again, this really reminded me how great anime can be.

Its also refreshing to have such a happy "no drama" anime from Makoto Shinkai. The time during which the MCs were seperated was really short. Which leads me to my next point.

Did Makoto Shinkai do a movie not focussed around his signature leitmotif of "a longing for something out of reach" for the first time? Every other movie he made was very centered around this key theme. Usually expressed in the distance between 2 persons. But in this one? Both characters were runaways, but it didnt feel like they were looking for something specifically. Running away is probably the polar opposite of drawn towards something so I guess there is still a heavy connection, but even the characters were together for the most part.
Even his second signature, MCs having a thing for older women is gone! Though MC only learned this at the end.

Anyway it certainly feels like Makoto Shinkai found his layout for great movies.

Everything about this was lovely. Even the side characters with only a few seconds of screentime felt alive and grew on me.

Speaking of which our MCs from Your Name made a comeback which was really nice, it even sets it into a specific timeframe considering it was raining all the time after Weathering with you. I think Garden of words also is connected to the weather. There was a cameo of the teacher during Your Name already. Makoto Cinematic Universe here we go!

3 times I had to laugh really hard - the random cop screaming "Obstruction of justice" dark humor with the current events in the US but thats why its funny.
- Hodoka just running straight out of the police station with nobody there to stop him. Josuke-hair-cop wasnt such a reliable guy here (check the VA)
- Nagi escaping from custody by utilising his harem powers

A small nitpick, I do think the end was a bit .. weird. Nevermind the eternal rain and Tokyo drowning, but was the 3 year time skip really necessary? What purpose did it serve? We already had the reunion scene 5 minutes ago and literally nothing happened during it. Seems to me like this was left from Makoto Shinkais layout (really the similarities to Your Name are kinda insane)

10/10, the animation alone is absolutely outstanding and the plot and characters were lovely too.

PS: Tokyo underwater looks amazing and I hope we see that setting for a full movie at some point, maybe even from Makoto Shinkai/Comix Wave again.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 7, 2020 9:33 AM

Aug 2014
Only good part about this movie were some nice Tokyo scenery or that it was IN Tokyo. Maybe RADWIMPS songs, but I know better songs of theirs than in this movie. The story was average and ending was ultra bad. I expected way more from this movie.

There were many bad things, hard to count all of them. Like first scene of Tokyo, buildings are crooked, each one going left or right...
Hodaka tears when Hina showed him... ;p were unrealistic big and blue... doesn't match anime that tried to look ultra realistic. Same strange crying, but animated differently when Keisuke cried in front of that cop.

Some of the city scenes were used multiple times. Some scenes mostly of buildings were different quality than others which were shown seconds before or after, it was inconsistent.

Keisuke opened window to let in all that water on his documents and wooden floor? What normal person would do that? Was it prelude of what happened at the end, that is doesn't matter?

When they were running on scooter and he told her about that shrine building there was no pole on road in front of them, but then suddenly it appeared after 2 seconds? Then they were flying on top of water for few seconds?
Leave realistic things realistic and keep fantasy things to fantasy...

That chips in dinner was also crazy idea and unhealthy.

Oh and there was no "want to cry" or sad moments for me in this movie. Not a single one. Maybe because it was all pointed out earlier what will happen with her.

I hate the idea

Where was that dragon in all of this? The story could go better way...

I wanted to give it 7, but then I noticed that I voted Byousoku 5 Centimeter 8, so as I remember not liking that anime better than this I stay on 8, but maybe I should down vote both to 7? I also remember I liked Kotonoha no Niwa more than Byousoku and Tenki and still gave it 8..

Anyway I look forward to new movies of CoMix Wave Films, they just need better stories like Kimi no Na wa. Some simple no fantasy love story would be great, but not so lame as Byousoku.
Thyriad-oPPailovJun 7, 2020 9:37 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 9, 2020 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
I "really" like two Makoto Shinkai's works (in addition to his early shorts): 5 Centimeters per Second and The Garden of Words. I like when he deals with more mundane and sober matters. Apart from these, Makoto Shinkai means great animation + average to fine fantasy stories to me.
Which leads me to realizes that anime audience gives greater importance to technical aspects than to the story itself. Any superb animation can turn a mediocre script into something marketable (not Shinkai's case here).
Jun 9, 2020 10:35 PM
Jun 2020
This wasn't as bad as some people are saying, it would have easily given it 7,even if they didn't decided to not to give a shit about stopping the rain in the end. The visuals were stunning as you expected from a Makoto Shinkai, and story wasn't bad either. Would give it a 8.5/10
Jun 10, 2020 3:08 PM

Aug 2019
This was a fun movie for me that keeps to Shinkai's style: I don't think Hodaka was meant to be likeable, but the ending shows that he's certainly matured.
Jun 11, 2020 10:45 AM

Dec 2016
OMG! I was so happy when I saw those two from Your Name. :)
The animation's gorgeous! Great movie! <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 20, 2020 11:36 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
It was...okay. This movie reminded me of the meme of the dog surrounded by fire, saying, "it's fine", but being immersed by water instead.

Running away throughout the entire movie to just end up ruining an entire city did not elicit a heartfelt reaction from me despite the director's intentions.

If there was any responsibility taken for Hodaka's actions, I felt a minuscule amount of it. To just uproot the entire city of 37 million is no romantic matter. But at least he got the girl right?
Jun 21, 2020 12:57 AM

Nov 2013
Really enjoyed this a lot more than Your Name. We actually get to know the characters instead of having some generic montage and un-noteworthy mobs of side characters in Your Name. The relationship between the MC and heroine is ACTUALLY present and explored. The supernatural shit is MUCH MUCH more digestible than the nonsense in Your Name. And best of all, no obvious/jarring plot hole.

It was a movie about going against the world/society for your own sake, but coming to terms that you need to balance that with responsibility. I quite enjoyed every character, heck even Hodaka which at first came off as nonsense that he would run away, but it was fun seeing him adapt to his decision. And god, Hina and her brother are such adorable and heartwarming kids.
DGemuJun 21, 2020 1:01 AM
Jun 22, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
I’ve to be honest, it wasn't original, it wasn't something so special but it was impactful and well, I prefer this over Your Name. I liked the character design and the background art. The OSTs were pretty good too, especially the last one.
Jun 28, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
The first 1 hour felt like I was watching an unfinished plot but when the runaway started it got better but still... No character developement, no backstory, and this Sunny Girl thing is so rushed... At least the animation and art looks absolutley astonishing. I have mixed feelings for this movie.
Jun 29, 2020 12:06 AM

Jul 2016
Damn, Mitsuha and Taki sure live in a crazy city... or country, to be more precise. After all the timelines issues they had to go through, they now have to face this Tokio in eternal rainy season. Poor Mitsuha tho... it's as if she brings doom to every city/town she decides to live in.

Overall, this movie left me feeling quite cold. It was more than obvious that Shinkai wanted to replicate the success he had with "Kimi no Na wa." but I gotta say this movie failed at doing that. Story, characters and even animation felt inferior and the ending left a lot to be desired. We got indeed a happy conclusion (for the main couple, at least) but the premise of choosing one's happiness over the rest could have received more focus in my opinion.

Story was simple and though that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, it felt rather predictable and was filled with lame plot conveniences such as the police being completely useless at chasing a 15 years old kid, Suga and Nagi knowing about the building with the Tori gate and the most obvious of them all, Hina stopping being a "sacrifice" just by jumping out of that big cloud.

As for the cast, it was mostly uninteresting. Hodaka was kinda bland as MC and in my case, it was really hard to connect with him when the movie didn't even care to explain about his past or the reason why he left his home. Why did he feel so "suffocated"? Why risking his life/integrity by coming to a big city without a proper plan beforehand? In that regard, Hina was more interesting but her character wasn't that memorable either.
The romance between them also felt kinda weak since we never got a glimpse of Hina's POV about Hodaka so in the end, their relationship looked more like a one-sided attraction than anything else.

Now regarding a few good aspects of the movie, RADWIMPS' songs were great as expected; the animation and background art were, of course, superb and particularly, I found Nagi's character quite entertaining with the whole "senpai" running gag but other than that, I didn't really care for any of the events nor the dramatic moments these characters had to face.

5/10 - Well, considering now that Kotonoha no Niwa, Kimi no Na wa. and Tenki no Ko share the same universe, I wonder if Shinkai will use this flooded Tokio as setting for another movie within said universe.
SouthRzVaFeb 23, 2021 3:23 PM
Jun 29, 2020 9:23 PM

Aug 2014
this movie was meh. Everyone acted way too extra. The whole rebellious youth theme can sometimes make my eyes roll, with the "we against the world"
oooo3333Jun 29, 2020 9:29 PM
Jun 30, 2020 2:57 PM

Feb 2017
Nice movie. I liked it. Surprised to see that things came at a cost, big cost. They really sacrificed Tokyo but glad that they get to be happy!
Jul 4, 2020 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
This movie was overhyped since it was announced, but unfortunately it didn't lived up to the hype. First half of the movie was decent, the 2nd part was mediocre as hell
Final score 6/10 (because the music was great)

Jul 9, 2020 9:01 PM

Jan 2014
i thought this movie was great! i liked it far better than kimi no na wa (the romance wasn't too overbearing and the comedy was hilarious). i was expecting not to enjoy it this much, i'm pleasantly surprised. 9/10 for me!! i would give it a 10 but i wanted more from the ending and i felt there one too many montages in the beginning of the movie
Jul 9, 2020 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
So... why did he ran away from home? Why was this never addressed in the movie? I find it VERY hard to believe that when everybody found out he ran away NO ONE asked him why he did it, especially Suga who's the adult in the film. What was so horrible at home that he prefered to be homeless in Tokyo, and even going as far as running away from the police?.
All of this and then he goes back home and lives there for 3 years just fine... what the hell?
Jul 16, 2020 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
Just finished the first half of this movie, I have to say I'm a sucker for this director's animes now. The art is so breathtakingly beautiful, I think I forget what reality looks like lol. Also nice cameo of the MCs from Your name, amazing!

Will edit this after I finished the last half.

Edit: I have finished this movie, it was a fun experience, the art, sound and brilliant directing are top notch as expected from Shinkai Makoto, his animes are beautiful crafted as always.

Hodaka gets his girl back from heaven, and Tokyo's rain never stops. A small price to pay for love.
Based_DepartmentJul 16, 2020 3:29 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jul 17, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2016
When the rain hits your eye,
And ruins people's lives,
That's a Shinaki
Jul 20, 2020 7:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Overall it was good but for the plot itself it was not as good as I expected, we don't have any explanations about the surnatural things and the romance part was a bit too much like Your Name's one, at least the animation was outstanding.
Jul 23, 2020 1:25 PM
Jan 2017
I enjoyed the movie and loved the end which was a decision made out of pure selfishness. But I have to say what is with Shinkai and his weird scenes where basically there's some douchebag who just tries to hurt the girl in some perverted way.

In Your Name(spoilers I guess), there's that one asshole customer who cuts the waitress' outfit and is never seen again or reprimanded for it. That scene felt so out of place, they could have done numerous things to get her outfit ruined so Mitsuha-Taki could fix up her dress.

In this movie, we have that whole ordeal of Hina being coerced into prostitution. This one's even worse because that dude gets caught thinking he's going to go to jail because he tried to coerce a minor into prostitution but nope they just let him go! Apparently the gun and boy were more important than anything so hey you're free to go and possibly continue to prey and coerce other uncertain girls into your line of work. Like it doesn't matter that he didn't known she was underage he still kept pushing her into his club even though she still wasn't certain! But yeah those parts are so annoying to watch on rewatches since they never get what they deserve. At least Your Name's was a quick scene, in this one the dude hurts Hodaka, then Hina and when you think he finally is going to pay for his actions and get arrested... they just let him go. I would have been satisfied rewatching these scenes if I knew that douchebag actually got arrested or paid for his actions. Instead on rewatches my thinking is just "God I hate watching these scenes knowing this asshole gets away scot free".
Jul 24, 2020 5:01 AM
Mar 2020
Good movie but the ending... god, I hate that ending. They just let Tokyo, the largest city in the WORLD turn into a sea to be together. Excuse me, what???
Aug 1, 2020 8:11 AM
Aug 2019
Wait quick question tho
When the male mc saves the female mc from the ‘hooligans’ & she said that she lost her job & she needed the money, was she a prostitute?
Like has she done the stuff for a while or did she lose her job recently & that was her first day but luckily she was saved from having to do it?
Cuz no gonna lie things anything to do with ntr, rape, prostitution, cheating or a girl bing slutty instantly ruins any film or tv series for me.
So please tell me that it was her first day but she was saved so she still was a virgin, otherwise my brain wont allow me to carry on watching this film - which sucks cuz i want to.
I also hate how my brain works sometimes but thats how it is.
Aug 8, 2020 10:44 PM

Apr 2018
XJ-PA said:
Wait quick question tho
When the male mc saves the female mc from the ‘hooligans’ & she said that she lost her job & she needed the money, was she a prostitute?
Like has she done the stuff for a while or did she lose her job recently & that was her first day but luckily she was saved from having to do it?
Cuz no gonna lie things anything to do with ntr, rape, prostitution, cheating or a girl bing slutty instantly ruins any film or tv series for me.
So please tell me that it was her first day but she was saved so she still was a virgin, otherwise my brain wont allow me to carry on watching this film - which sucks cuz i want to.
I also hate how my brain works sometimes but thats how it is.

I think it was her first day of work there 'cause she was intimidated by those men. Luckily, she was saved by Hodoka in time.
Aug 11, 2020 5:38 AM

Jul 2019
wasn't the best, but it was ok, very good audiovisuals.
Aug 11, 2020 6:32 PM

Sep 2018
Second only to Your Name...great show!
Aug 13, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
Standard Shinkai work i'd say, great animation, decent story, some issues here and there but overall positive, no where near as good as Your Name though, but a valiant attempt. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 16, 2020 10:49 PM

Nov 2019
Wtf, this was even worse than Your Name..

As usual, the only thing worth mentioning are production values, storywise this was a mess.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Aug 23, 2020 12:12 AM

Dec 2013
The animation and music is undeniably superb and I like Nagi the most lol. In regards to the story, I really like how they came up wit it, I mean it's really unique and I enjoyed the first part wven until the part where they put up a website and got a lot of requests. I enjoyed watching this but just like some other people mentioned, I need some answers about supernatural phenomenon.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 27, 2020 7:33 PM

May 2010
I have no idea how Nagi knew where Hadako was in that old building or how he got there by himself, but w/e.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 31, 2020 2:19 AM
Feb 2020
It was not that great!
I was putting it off because I didn't wanted to rush it also I wanted to watch dub because this time it had a high quality, and pretty big Hollywood names dubbing so I wanted to watch it in the dub.

So I did and not a complete disappointment, some aspects fell short and couldn't really connect with the movie but completely fell in love with animation, one of the most beautiful things I've seen ever, specifically those rain drops were amazing, the story wasn't as compelling as your name but compared to other movies it was a masterpiece.
Sep 1, 2020 8:46 AM

May 2016
I did enjoy it a lot. I did prefer the romance aspect in your name however. It felt less direct in this film, well from Hinas side at least. hodoka was obviously in love.

I did overall prefer it to your name though. especially with the ending.
Sep 2, 2020 5:14 AM

Sep 2011
What I can't take my eyes off is on Natsumi's boobies.

Sep 7, 2020 1:54 PM

Aug 2016
So I have finally seen it. And I guess you literally cannot avoid compare this with previous "Your Name" movie. It really Makoto Shinkai's movie with all that it means. Yes, it's cannot charm and enchant you as much twice, but if, Your name, I admit very subjectively, for me was 10, Weathering with you is 8 or 9.

It's full of beautiful rain, beautiful food, beautiful (RADWIMPS) music, wholesome characters, beautiful scenery(mainly from Tokyo) mythological mystery and day to day or life points struggle of both old and young. This time it's young man from country moving to Tokyo and young Girl already living there. End is wrap in mythological end up and it ends bittersweet, but mostly happily at last note.

Yes, it's really alike the previous, Your name, movie. Same design and animation. It simply can't enchant you as strongly as first time. But it's not necessary bad. I went to watch Weathering with you, to see Makoto Shinkai's movie and it's exactly what I got. Exactly what I want. Biggest surprise honestly were cameo from previous movie. And for that, I give Weathering with you 9. It's worth watching. By all means.

Get yourself a nice evening filled with love. Thank you.
Martin_TaylorSep 7, 2020 1:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2020 4:42 PM

Jun 2016
Hodaka looks so much like Kirito
Sep 13, 2020 11:39 PM

Nov 2018
It was definitely good, the visuals and music being a 10/10 as usual, though my biggest concern were the characters and story, as they aren't as good as I was hoping they'd be.

Though this'll never top Your Name, it's still a solid movie.

7.5-8/10

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 18, 2020 7:56 PM
Oct 2019
Solid movie. It was cute and fun, mostly.

Characters were real. Relationships were authentic. And despite being naive and helpless early on, the MC wasn't annoying af like most these anime MC boys are.

Only things I didn't like were: 1) the scooter chase (too unrealistic for a movie where everything else is realistic...except for the weather/weather maiden, obviously), 2) the whole gun thing (wish they could've figured out a different way to create a similar effect/plot device), and 3) hope everybody magically knew to show up at that abandoned building to find and/or assist the MC (or how that boy was even able to plan his escape with those girls while in child services' custody).

Overall it's a 7/10.
HagePotPotatoSep 18, 2020 9:38 PM
Sep 30, 2020 4:38 AM

Aug 2020
Great Movie! It was a bit more similar to Your Name. The plot was not that good but it wasn't bad either. It was more a Slice of Life movie than Romance I must say. But still there was soft Romantic scenes which are really heart warming. No kiss at the end though, I was expecting the movie to end with a kiss :( Anyways no worries, 9/10 from me ^_^ ..............
Oct 4, 2020 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
It's a fun movie for sure, but the whole thing feels rather 'anime-like' compared to Shinkai's past works.
XXXXXXXXXIIIOct 4, 2020 3:40 PM
Oct 5, 2020 4:34 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Mmmm yes got some more nice rain graphics oooohh yeaaa

Yeah so anyway my main issue with this one was the same for your name, romance feels rushed, the development that we should be seeing was lacking, and to me just seemed like they randomly out of the blue fell in love. Think it would’ve been better if they just cut the romantic aspects and just made them really good friends man

Again we get more supernatural stuff but how the heck was he able to bring her back, he just, can, I guess? She was like a sacrifice so that means he kind of UN-sacrificed her, is that how it works? And doesn’t he become a sunshine BOY since he went through that shrine, but he doesn’t so does he just resist the power of the mighty weather gods or something..?? Maybe I shouldn’t just be questioning this stuff and turn off my brain and just ride it for the feels. But that’s another problem, didn’t really get any feels. Just the feels of annoyance when they were advertising the McDonald’s Big Mac as actually being, well, big.

And was she praying at the end for sun? Did she get her sunshine powers back and then plan yeet herself back into the sky after her mans came to rescue her? I mean she probably likes it up there she was just taking a nap. Pretty chill to me. Or maybe she was just randomly praying, being thankful that the movie was over... I mean or man literally just shouts some random stuff and then they hold hands, wow great ending 10/10

So yup I don’t really get the point of this, maybe it’s that despite the storms we get in life, everything “will be ok” as long as you’re with the love of your life... I guess? I have no idea, you tell me fam

Won’t call it terrible, just rather mediocre and I wish some things could be fleshed out more and developed, such as our characters who ultimately felt kind of flat. Tbh your name’s characters also felt flat IMHO. 5/10 movie- except that once again we get some top tier animation, so, 6/10.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 30, 2020 2:47 AM
Apr 2018
53:45
- "HODAKA-kun.... That's a disgusting fantasy."
- "HODAKA, you are really a Pervert..."

- Great Art Animation ; Entertaining Characters ; & pretty heartwarming in that rain & the nature.
- It gave me the same vibe i got from watching other Anime Movies. Maybe its not the movie, but what i want to see....!

-----------------------

I wish to see more of such movies in the coming years.

Thank You :)
Nov 5, 2020 7:01 PM

Mar 2016
If the idea of young girls being 'spirited away' is going to make a return, I feel like the city is the ideal setting for that, especially with the way it can easily anonymize and obscure crime and suffering. I think Hina's living on the fringes of society gives her her sacred character, and makes her the ideal sacrifice. And obviously Hodaka rejects that. A little unfocused and silly, but in the end a beautiful film. I think the weather related imagery is what makes it work for me.

Shinkai must have seen Penguin's Highway. Or there's an 'onee-san boom' going on in these family anime films.

syncrogazerNov 6, 2020 9:25 AM
Nov 15, 2020 12:56 PM

Nov 2017
I fear that if I shook Shinkai's hand in real life I would realize that he doesn't have a soul. Such a scary person. How does such a soulless person exist? This dude scares me. There isn't a shred of humanity in him.

He's just a guy who focuses on street lines and bridges. He should've been an engineer and saved us all the headache.
Nov 23, 2020 4:41 PM
Oct 2020
Just watched for the first time. Damn I regret not going to the cinema. Stunning visuals, beautiful ost. In fact the movie was so similar to Your Name, you could probably switch the ost and it'd still work. The storyline and scenes was also similar. But still loved it. I love Shinkai's ability to visualize simple concepts like connection in Your Name and Koi in Garden of words and Weathering with you through farfetched manners is amazing. Compared to something like Pancreas, it's unrealistic but the emotions the characters feel and invoke in the audience are real. I keep finding myself greatly invested in these movies which I don't usually do. I'm just glad Shinkai does heartwarming endings and not Pancreas bittersweet endings.
Dec 12, 2020 6:31 AM
Apr 2018
01:33:10 - 01:33:50 This is a mind blowing scene & among the favorite scenes in this movie. The "Sky fish" shaped clouds sure gave me goosebumps.
Dec 19, 2020 9:46 PM

Aug 2018
Meh.. Not one of the greats, but a good second tier flick and a pleasant enough way to burn a couple of hours. 7/10
Dec 24, 2020 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
Overall the anime was fine, the animation, VA and the production were superb af im so amazed on that.

The story had potential because its unique but theres a lot of holes on it mostly in second half of the movie like the police and apartment (Hodaka and Kei) scenes also they should tell how Hodaka bring back Hina and explain everything they like lets do a time skip then just ignored the plot. For short, theres some questionable decisions and scenes but its okay this is an anime afterall but it can executed better.

Characters emotions were great you can really feel it.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 27, 2020 4:28 PM

Jul 2015
Guys ngl, but this movie is pretty unrealistic...no way is it possible for a kid like Nagi to get a harem at his age. Jokes aside, pretty great seeing Taki and Mitsuha from "Your name" in this, not even a short background appearance but actually interacting as support characters. Good movie, but I feel the ending felt kinda lacking and I'm really confused why Hodoka ran away in the first place as it was only mentioned that he felt living with his parents suffocating (but not exactly how).

Dec 31, 2020 4:25 PM

May 2016
Really decent movie had some great moments, didn’t gave me same feelings
from Kimi no Nawa but I already knew nothing can beat that movie at least for
me in my life.

Wish they had more screen time at the end, I’m the only one who felt short on
time, kinda ended too soon for me.

Man but a guy gotta love Hina she is just way to precious in the movie.
Jan 2, 2021 3:05 PM

Oct 2020
Just finished the movie,pretty generic if you ask me,still I enjoyed the most of it 8/10
処刑課師匠
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» What did you guys think of weathering with you?

cauthecow793 - Sep 9, 2020

22 by removed-user »»
May 11, 7:30 AM

» Am I wrong here? I loved it

Hrusi - Mar 16, 2020

32 by DFrench125 »»
Oct 21, 2023 8:23 AM

» kimi no na wa and tenki no ko is connected ?!

nanatshi - May 28, 2020

12 by elGatoGordo06 »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:45 PM

» Everything wrong with Tenki no Ko

Atsunome - Mar 17, 2023

26 by Steph »»
Mar 18, 2023 5:22 AM

» Did anyone spotted Yotsuha Miyamizu (Mitsuha's little sister)????

IvenDOCson - Jun 17, 2021

5 by Dutch_Chief »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.