Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 16, 2020 12:46 PM
I've read a few discussions on forums and people seem to dislike the movie quite a lot. I dont understand why, for me this and Kimi no Na wa is literally the 2 best movies I've ever seen.
Maybe this has something to do with me not viewing it from a critical point of view but rather immerse myself into it. For example we don't know where Hina's father is, but it isn't important, because the point is he's not here, accept it. Or at least I watch movies this way.

Mar 21, 2020 5:28 PM

There's not much to understand here. For me and you, the experience we had was good enough. For some others out there, they would've liked to see some things done differently. It's fortunate for us that we were able to immerse ourselves into the movie and enjoy it, but let's also try to accept the fact that it's just not possible for everyone else to do the same. There are many other movies and TV Shows that I certainly didn't enjoy as much as other people because I couldn't immerse myself into them.

Mar 21, 2020 5:40 PM

You can’t be wrong on a subjective opinion. Nor are you alone, this is my favourite anime movie.

Have a Good Day

Mar 22, 2020 4:25 AM

As already mentioned, what you like is subjective so you can't be in the wrong.

I personally might've even liked it even more than Your name because its strengths are things I appreciate more

Mar 26, 2020 11:44 AM
exactly my
FireFistYK said:
As already mentioned, what you like is subjective so you can't be in the wrong.

I personally might've even liked it even more than Your name because its strengths are things I appreciate more
feelings

Apr 1, 2020 1:56 AM

Hey guys , where can I watch the english sub version of Tenki no Ko ? I wanna watch it so badly but I can't find it anywhere :/
yikes

Apr 1, 2020 2:26 AM

ItachiDxD said:
Hey guys , where can I watch the english sub version of Tenki no Ko ? I wanna watch it so badly but I can't find it anywhere :/
I don’t think there are DVDs yet so the only English sub videos would be phone recordings of the theatre.

Have a Good Day

Apr 1, 2020 2:39 AM

ItachiDxD said:
May 27th, 2020

BD release date :)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So whenever you ask me again, how I feel.
Please remember my answer is you.

Apr 1, 2020 8:46 AM

Mayuka said:
ItachiDxD said:
May 27th, 2020

Alright thanks I guess everyone else who saw it went to the theatres then ! I'll wait for May 27th :)
yikes

Apr 1, 2020 2:36 PM

ItachiDxD said:
Mayuka said:
May 27th, 2020

Alright thanks I guess everyone else who saw it went to the theatres then ! I'll wait for May 27th :)
Yep, since it was in North American theaters with English subs!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So whenever you ask me again, how I feel.
Please remember my answer is you.

May 1, 2020 3:40 AM

Hrusi said:
I've read a few discussions on forums and people seem to dislike the movie quite a lot. I dont understand why, for me this and Kimi no Na wa is literally the 2 best movies I've ever seen.
Maybe this has something to do with me not viewing it from a critical point of view but rather immerse myself into it. For example we don't know where Hina's father is, but it isn't important, because the point is he's not here, accept it. Or at least I watch movies this way.

Yep you're wrong here. Lol you can love it if you want

I thought it was just ok. Would've liked more fanservice from the girls in the movie. Maybe some steamy scenes too.

May 7, 2020 9:38 PM
The movie was really good, but they could have given a better ending....

May 9, 2020 5:20 PM
TrumpMD said:
Hrusi said:

Yep you're wrong here. Lol you can love it if you want

I thought it was just ok. Would've liked more fanservice from the girls in the movie. Maybe some steamy scenes too.

What the... your head is just full of shit. Who cares about fanservice. The story is superb!!!

May 10, 2020 12:29 AM
I loved it too!!!!!

May 13, 2020 1:10 AM
I really liked the move too. I also tried writing a review for it. Can you guys give me your thoughts on how I can make these reviews better?
https://theartsyspace.blogspot.com/2020/05/is-weathering-with-youjapanesetenki-no.html?m=1

May 13, 2020 6:26 PM
RedHawk1010 said:
Hrusi said:

No you aren't wrong. People who hated the movie just hated it for the sake of hating it.
no there are many reviews out there for not liking the movie. Look most likely if you liked the movie you either only watched little anime movies or the only ones you have watched are makoto shinkai movies

May 14, 2020 2:52 PM

magzimagz said:
RedHawk1010 said:

No you aren't wrong. People who hated the movie just hated it for the sake of hating it.
no there are many reviews out there for not liking the movie. Look most likely if you liked the movie you either only watched little anime movies or the only ones you have watched are makoto shinkai movies

Istg what's with you kids on this website. No of course people don't just hate it for the sake of hating it. I'm sure they have justifiable reasons for hating the movie.

But then there's you who's trying to imply that the likeliest reason for liking the movie is to do with people not watching many anime movies. Kinda frustrating to see this "I know exactly how people think and why people like or dislike something hahahahahaha" attitude. From both sides.

May 14, 2020 3:09 PM
apollojeez said:
magzimagz said:

Istg what's with you kids on this website. No of course people don't just hate it for the sake of hating it. I'm sure they have justifiable reasons for hating the movie.

But then there's you who's trying to imply that the likeliest reason for liking the movie is to do with people not watching many anime movies. Kinda frustrating to see this "I know exactly how people think and why people like or dislike something hahahahahaha" attitude. From both sides.
lol the less movies you watch or the less of the media you have watched, the tastes are different. I'm not saying your opinion of the movie is wrong or should be changed because that's yours to keep but from what I've seen in my PERSONAL experience is that people who like this movie haven't watched a lot in terms of anime films

May 14, 2020 4:51 PM

magzimagz said:
apollojeez said:

lol the less movies you watch or the less of the media you have watched, the tastes are different. I'm not saying your opinion of the movie is wrong or should be changed because that's yours to keep but from what I've seen in my PERSONAL experience is that people who like this movie haven't watched a lot in terms of anime films

That sounds fair but you didn't phrase your earlier response as just a personal experience. You literally used your personal experience to imply that the most likely reason for that individual liking the movie is to do with them not watching many anime movies or only watching shinkai movies. It's not your place at all to make that statement unless you either A) gathered enough data to back up your claims (which I don't expect anyone to do), or B) can provide a convincing reason as to why watching less anime films and liking this movie are linked (which I highly doubt exists).

I'm not trying to defend this movie or anything. If you hate it that's fine. I just want people to treat their personal opinions as what they are instead of making up statements based on them that they can't exactly justify. If that wasn't your intention then cool but the way you phrased your earlier response really indicates otherwise.

May 14, 2020 5:18 PM
apollojeez said:
magzimagz said:

That sounds fair but you didn't phrase your earlier response as just a personal experience. You literally used your personal experience to imply that the most likely reason for that individual liking the movie is to do with them not watching many anime movies or only watching shinkai movies. It's not your place at all to make that statement unless you either A) gathered enough data to back up your claims (which I don't expect anyone to do), or B) can provide a convincing reason as to why watching less anime films and liking this movie are linked (which I highly doubt exists).

I'm not trying to defend this movie or anything. If you hate it that's fine. I just want people to treat their personal opinions as what they are instead of making up statements based on them that they can't exactly justify. If that wasn't your intention then cool but the way you phrased your earlier response really indicates otherwise.
hey man I take part blame for not being able to express myself properly, but yea agreed

May 14, 2020 5:24 PM

magzimagz said:
apollojeez said:

hey man I take part blame for not being able to express myself properly, but yea agreed

Haha this ended better than I expected. Alright have a nice day, sir o/

Jul 26, 2020 5:23 AM

it was great movie, but I think they could have chose different voice actors.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 24, 11:25 AM
no you are not wrong.. those people who complaining probably only spaming meme because they thought that is the most popular opinion..
lets bet with me all those people who watch this movie will watch again the same movie from the same director..
complaining is not paying..complaining or praising the movie they would still end up watching it free
what most important is acceptance from community because they are lonely.. we all should know better most anime watcher is lonely weebs

Feb 6, 9:29 AM
I personally think this is better than your name and this is my all time favorite movie. But let me tell you something, if your name is monalisa (I am sure you know it, if not it's a painting by leonardo da Vinci) and weathering with you is like the scream (you probably don't know it, it's a painting by edward munch). Even if the scream(weathering with you) is better than monalisa (your name). People will just choose monalisa (your name) because it's just more popular.

Feb 28, 2:41 PM
hey
apollojeez said:
magzimagz said:

Haha this ended better than I expected. Alright have a nice day, sir o/
nice nice nice

Mar 4, 12:42 AM
Same .. my two fav movies your name and weathering with you. Such beautiful animation and theme songs and that's enough for me

Jul 9, 4:22 AM
You‘re not wrong at all. I really loved it. It was simple but amazing too. It wasn’t worse than „Kimi no Na wa“. In fact I liked it even more somehow.

Oct 10, 9:11 AM

One of tge things people use to critique this movie is Shinkai s previous movie Kimi no nawa, I would say Tenki no ko it's a better movie than kimi no nawa overall tho, here the romance and characters seem a lot more fleshed out and justified too, at least on my eyes this is better.

Now the movie itself, i don't think it is a mumble jumbo of random events and a shitty ending like some describe, or that the backstories of the characters don't make sense either, yes of course it has movie magic in which protagonist gets away from gangsters and tge police as if they where stupid or something, but still, it was a blast to watch and a beautiful blast at that.

I hope the director doesn't make this a formula of his to make movies tho, i see this as an overall improvement over your name, but idk if i want to watch the same formula of a movie again tho. Still pretty darn good movie.

Oct 10, 9:11 AM

One of tge things people use to critique this movie is Shinkai s previous movie Kimi no nawa, I would say Tenki no ko it's a better movie than kimi no nawa overall tho, here the romance and characters seem a lot more fleshed out and justified too, at least on my eyes this is better.

Now the movie itself, i don't think it is a mumble jumbo of random events and a shitty ending like some describe, or that the backstories of the characters don't make sense either, yes of course it has movie magic in which protagonist gets away from gangsters and tge police as if they where stupid or something, but still, it was a blast to watch and a beautiful blast at that.

I hope the director doesn't make this a formula of his to make movies tho, i see this as an overall improvement over your name, but idk if i want to watch the same formula of a movie again tho. Still pretty darn good movie.

Preview MangaManga Store