Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 5, 2013 1:36 PM

Nov 2009
"It's only simply time traveling" -Shinobu
Dec 3, 2013 9:46 AM

Oct 2012
Excellent episode we even got one quite detailed lesson about red traffics light, Ononoki is back and she got quite the persona once more XD.
So new arc start with some freakin' time travel so Koyomi can do is homework ( can't go wrong) sorry about that it did go wrong ;p and so the ending was quite Epic for the start of this new arc.
Jan 4, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2012
No OP?

I really didn't know that Shinobu this talkative (She's not in Bakemonogatari.. right?)
Nobuemon xD

So, it's 11 years ago?
And it's Type A (The traveler exists) or Type B (The traveler become the person exists in that timeline)??
"Signature removed"
Jan 18, 2014 9:49 AM

May 2012
Oh what a great episode especially that ending was impressive!
Jan 23, 2014 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
Oh Shinobu, you so silly.
Feb 8, 2014 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely already more interesting than the last arc...hope its good :)

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 8, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
So many questions, so few answers, so many episodes left to answer them.
Feb 12, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
Awww Shinobu is getting more cute with each episode
( ^ω^)
Feb 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Jun 2013
Lol Shinobu failed at time traveling... It's OK though, we still love her :)
Mar 31, 2014 5:12 AM

Oct 2013
shinigami013x said:
I dare say they arent in Kansas anymore

LOL
eleven years?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 10, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Hum, Shinobu, I think you got the wrong date... xD
But damn, she's cute.

11 years before huh? So I guess we will see Hachikuji before her accident. That's interresting. Could he prevent it? I hope not, I love our little loli Hachikuji :P

I don't remember that girl we saw in the beginning... Is she a new character or she was already introduced?

Ononoki changed a lot o.O
Like her new personnality though :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 2, 2014 10:45 PM

Mar 2014
That Description about Traffic light intersection was a good Reality-like reasoning of the principles of life!!...
The "World" was never been Good to all anyway...
The "World" is so cruel as you seen nowadays...
"But the 15 year old girl named Ougi Oshino turns such stories into a massive tales of life and principles" -Koyomi Araragi ... I was amazed on how she turn such stories into a "conjunction" that leads to the specific principles of all people that is living in this cruel "World".
Ononoki and koyomi conversation was funny in some ways !!
When In a near vision of Ononoki, She looks so kawaii !! Damn!!
Well.. What do you know.. Time-Travelling exists on this anime !!
Wait .. Did She said alternate dimension!! ... not past or something!? well.. anyway they're going to the past where they will save mayoi.. and change everything in that dimension!!
Time Paradox!! sounds interesting!!
so you're saying that the past of you and the present change places!? no , I think not... because You're not on the whole arc of tsubasa tiger!! (though he has some minor cameo on some conversations on the arc...)
That Ending... When you have know that this is not yesterday but 11 years prior to the present!!
Good Episode!!!
Spoilers -down-
Note : Ohh.. If you guys don't know... This Arc began on the Start of the first arc of the first episode of : Tsubasa Tiger. Its the one on Mayoi looking for Koyomi for her bag..
so its before episode 5 and not after it .
Conclusion , The Whole arc of : Mayoi Jiangshi and Shinobu Time... Happened on the whole timeline of the arcs : Tsubasa Tiger ( I think some battles happened...)Those ripped off clothes from episode 5!! and its the shirt he wore during his expeditions on the past and present altogether!!.
AnimeLaver01Jun 3, 2014 3:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2014 5:25 PM

Nov 2012
"You've created a time paradox!" - Colonel Campbell.

This arc is quite interesting. I don't know what they are planning to do now that they have recklessly stumbled back to the past. What looked like a joke has gone ridiculously out of proportion.
Aug 10, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
Steins;Monogatari incoming
Aug 12, 2014 8:20 PM

Jun 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Hum, Shinobu, I think you got the wrong date... xD
But damn, she's cute.

11 years before huh? So I guess we will see Hachikuji before her accident. That's interresting. Could he prevent it?

Thats what i was thinking. Cause WAY back when, he gave a little foreshadowing that something was going to happen to her, but then followed it up with "JK, i have no idea whats going to happen"
*is now super nervous*
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 18, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2013
I honestly wasn't expecting that.
Sep 9, 2014 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 1, 2014 11:27 PM

Nov 2013
Whoops, someone messed up there. Time to buy winning lottery tickets!
Dec 29, 2014 11:53 PM

Jan 2013
Better than the first arc by MILES. The series finally retained the charm of Bakemonogatari while still being different with the presence of Shinobu. I'm liking this so far
Feb 22, 2015 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
Frankly, the narrative has me a bit puzzled, not making me understand what was happening.
Plot that begins a new arc, but of what they want to talk about is still all wrapped in shadow.
The first character is shown, frankly I do not remember having ever seen.
Drawings as very good quality, redundant dialogues but also fascinating in the way they expose the concepts.
Mar 9, 2015 6:41 AM

May 2014
That's why you shouldn't mess up with the time. But don't worry Shinobu, we still love you <3
Mar 21, 2015 10:13 PM

May 2014
Daaamn, cliffhanger time!

So, Shinobu... Never made a mistake since birth, eh?

Well... there's a first time for everything!
Mar 30, 2015 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
There was always one thing this show needed and it's cliffhanders. Also he has the same clothes as when he comes back to save hanekawa in ep 5 :o.
Aug 7, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
The hell is Shinobu anyways? she has time traveling abilities too? 11 years into the past and i thought this arc was about Mayoi, i'm sure we'll get to that eventually, can't wait.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 8, 2015 11:08 PM

Jul 2014
I hate it when they make references and then explain what they were referencing.

2/5
Aug 12, 2015 2:27 PM

Feb 2015
Wow. Huge cliffhanger.
Sep 18, 2015 11:13 PM

Sep 2014
LET"S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN! ep 7.

PLot: while trying to return Hachikuji's backpack, Koyomi runs into Yotsugi, They talk abit about death and the three strange cases between them and Hachikuji. Later, Koyomi learns he forgot to do his homework (So its not just Kyon that forgets) and ask Shinobu to help him go back in time a day to finish it. She does but takes them back 11 years. Whoops.

Character: I wasn't expecting Yotsugi to be back but I kinda miss her posed look. The fact that she's technically a zombie/frankenstein is neat.

Shinobu harnessing the Oddity energy for time travel was awesome. And hilarious when she overshoots and Koyomi questions her on it. That moment of silence over the paradox was hilarious. Though that bit on using less energy to travel forward does sound good. Imma use that someday.

Animation/sound: Nothing to report.

4/5. Dang good start but a bit slow in the beginning.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 11, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting opening speech and another new character introduced (and with another great seiyuu, the one best known for her roles Mami(Madoka), Miyako(Hidamari) and Michiru(Grisaia) ). I wonder, is Ougi somehow related to Meme?

And even Yotsugi reappeared this time. Interesting concept she has though. To be dead and brought back to life as discarded object that's not your usual character in any anime.

And if Mayoi died some 10 years ago, does that mean she is technically older than everyone? Does that also mean she can be brought back to life as Yotsugi?

And Shinobu.. I really have guessed they jumped all those 10 years back to where Hachikuji was still alive. Now I presume they'll save her but the problem is that... maybe she didn't want to be saved?
Cause the girl that was shown for a sec in the beginning of the ep was surely ~20 years old Mayoi.

Have to say this is already pretty interesting premise as to what he can possible do to his future.
Can't wait what their adventures in the past will be. Cause this is possibly the past where Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade is still at full strength in the first place.
Mich666Oct 11, 2015 4:04 PM
Jan 13, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
Oh my, and it keeps getting more and more interesting!! 5/5
Mar 27, 2016 1:21 PM
Sep 2014
I didn't understand something in this episode. The prologue with Ougi takes place after the events of Mayoi Jiangshi ? What we see in Mayoi Jiangshi and Shinobu Time is just what Araragi recalls after his conversation with Ougi about the traffic light ?
Apr 28, 2016 6:18 AM

Jul 2008
Shinobu I done think you messed up.
May 16, 2016 3:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kuabukimonogatari A good start to this series of 4 episodes. interesting and full of information dialogues and "time".

--
Kabukimonogatari Un buen comienzo para esta saga de 4 episodios. Diálogos interesantes y llenos de información y "el tiempo".
Aug 27, 2016 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
Shinobu is so cute, love her so much.
Sep 21, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
I really enjoyed the conversation this episode... though I pretty much always do I kinda thought this time they were especially good :3
Feb 11, 2017 4:12 PM

Aug 2016
loli Hanekawa omggg my heart. <3
Jun 16, 2017 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode!
Feels like the start of a very interesting Arc!
Jun 25, 2017 12:05 PM
May 2012
now this is exciting
i love time travel
Sep 4, 2017 7:55 PM

May 2014
ooh, this seems like the beginning of a super interesting arc.
It also seems to be giving Shinobu some spotlight so that can only be a good thing.

Turns out they somehow ended up 11 years into the past, and given that that's before Hachikuji even died, I think Araragi might try to stop her from dying all those years ago.

Ofc that can only end badly -_-

Ougi seems pretty interesting as well. Gotta see more of her (?) so I can gauge a little more though!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2017 9:15 PM

Jan 2016
closeureyes said:
loli Hanekawa omggg my heart. <3

The best waifu ever + loli mode!! Loli is love, Loli is life xD
Oct 3, 2017 2:30 AM

Jan 2017
Loved this episode. Exited about the time travel plot, hope they don't screw it up.

My girl Shinobu messed up, how cute hahaa
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 7, 2017 5:24 AM

Jun 2016
Holy crap. We met a new character and she's gorgeous. I mean I've been seeing her face everywhere even before I started watching Monogatari series. I thought she's my fave character design out of Monogatari series since she looks terrifying and I really find her beautiful. So, her name is Ougi? Waaaah. Omfg. I'm so happy seeing and hearing her. She's so gorgeous. Help.

Ugh. I missed Mayoi. ;-; I missed her screaming when Araragi's molesting her. Lmfao.

"Devilish big brother". Haha. Welcome back, Ononoki-chan. I said with a posed look. Hahaha. She stopped saying it now. Haha. I guess we have things we really regret and that's one thing she regrets. Apparently, she was revived by her big sister. She's obviously terrified of Shinobu after their fight in Nise. Pffft. Cutie. All their talk about Mayoi hurts me, idk. :/

SHINOBUUUUUUUUUU, OKAERI! "Nobuemon". Araragi, you became Choromatsu! Hahahaha. Holy shit. Who would've thought Kamiyan will play Choromatsu in the future which is a parody of Dorameon, I guess. Haha.

Holy shit. Shinobu can really time-travel, huh? And somehow she messed up, and her and Araragi went back to the past which is 11 years ago? Holy shit, Shinobu. Hahahahahaha. It should be yesterday. She fucked up. Ohmygod. Hahahahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 23, 2018 3:15 PM

Dec 2016
Shinobu did imply that her grasp of human time wasn't that good, but holy shit 11 years is fucking crazy far back lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 23, 2018 5:51 PM

Dec 2016
TheFreycook said:
Shinobu did imply that her grasp of human time wasn't that good, but holy shit 11 years is fucking crazy far back lol
See I was under the impression Shinobu controlled the time, but I'm a few minutes into episode 8 and it seems Araragi controlled it, which is interesting
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 5, 2018 2:10 PM

May 2018
5/5

I loved this new character Oshino Ougi, and also ... I never expected time travel in Monogatari, interesting.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jan 28, 2019 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
We're introduced to Ougi without much of an introduction at all haha. She calls Araragi "senpai" and has the surname Oshino. Hmm. She also has no pupils. Spooky :P

The conversation with Ononoki was interesting. If Ononoki is a Tsukumo-gami, does she remember her life before she died, or is she a completely different being that sorta possessed the corpse? But anyways, she points out that all three: herself, Araragi, and Hachikuji, have died but are conscious after death in different ways. I wonder if Hachikuji really is okay with staying "dead."

It seemed like Shinobu just wanted to do something fun and didn't think too much about the consequences of time travel at all hahaha. A bit random, but I really liked the mouth movement animation when Shinobu was chanting so I made a gif :)

Feb 17, 2019 6:56 AM

Jun 2017
Very funny hearing Araragi combine Shinobu's name with Doraemon, Shinobue. Also, Shinobu is cute as hell, but it doesn't excuse the fact that she messed up their time travel lol.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 28, 2019 2:19 PM
Apr 2016
Holy heck, I was so bored, until the time-travel part, goddamn that was intriguing and soo exciting! Good episode.
May 17, 2019 7:42 AM

Dec 2018
By the looks of it we're gonna see the past of Hachikuji Mayoi.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 27, 2019 9:19 PM

Sep 2017
Ooooh, we finally meet Ougai. I read about her in the Owarimonogatari synopses. I never thought about that three-second delay. That's interesting. Was that an adult Hachikuji? I kinda liked Ononoki's posed looks. I hope they make a return. It was funny how she describes that as a dark page in her life. Is there no shopkeeper for this ice cream shop? They can just take as much ice cream as they want? Why don't we have those in the States? I guess we don't need MORE calories. Does that mean Ononoki already lived for over 100 years before dying and being resurrected? Ononoki is asking some pretty interesting questions. Shinobu is way cuter than she deserves to be. Of course Araragi forgot his homework. I love how casually Shinobu says something along the lines of "Yeah, time travel is EZ CLAP." She sounds like she's casting a spell like the idiots from Rising of the Shield Hero. Eww, Araragi wears his watch on his dominant hand. Disgusting. I love how they acknowledge how confusing and paradoxical time travel. Those uniforms look really old... and they time traveled backward 11 years. Dumbasses.
Mar 6, 2020 11:46 AM

Mar 2018
Time traveling, huh, and 11 years back at that. We're probably going to get a lot of backstory concerning Hachikuji.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.