Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 12, 2017 7:38 AM

Feb 2017
I have a feeling this is going to be this season's Feelcoaster anime.
From the beginning when they show all that stuff. Its going to be hard to watch later on.
Scarborough Fair in the opening is a treat to be honest.

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
Apr 12, 2017 8:28 AM

Jul 2016
I loved this first episode.
The opening scene with that music, was amazing.
I didn't expect to enjoy this episode so much.
Apr 12, 2017 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
The OST, setting and world-creation far better than i expect after read the summary. I think it could be AOTS, but it's too soon to say that.
Apr 12, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
So it appears this is the drama of the season. Amazing art and OST, tho the episode leaves a lot of possibilities, I hope this becomes interesting fast.
So those lil girls are the "special weapons" tbf those lil midgets are a weapon of mass destruction... in another sense.
Apr 12, 2017 11:22 AM
Jan 2016
Brilliant first episode, definitely much better than I first expected it to be!
Also the music was really atmospheric, especially the 'Scarborough Fair' song.
Apr 12, 2017 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
The music was really good.

The intro really drew me in.
Apr 12, 2017 12:53 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good first episode imo. Was pretty chill for the most part and Nygglatho seems like a best girl to me already. Just found it weird that some of the people are weapons but still pretty interesting.
Apr 12, 2017 12:56 PM

Mar 2009
I did not expect Scarborough Fair, that was quite amazing.
Aside from that decent first episode, looking forward to more good soundtrack for sure.
Apr 12, 2017 1:34 PM

May 2010
Wow first few scenes and I am already in love. The flow in the words.
"I thought. I like this person don't I?"
I repeated the whole part like 5 times. That BGM was spectacular too.

Also I swear orangestar's Night Sky Patrol of Tomorrow fits the starting way too much.

Great start. Very nice world-building. Good characters. I am in, yes.
Apr 12, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
The LN witer is involved in this so that's great
Apr 12, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
My furry fantasizes finally came true.
Edit: Anime felt nice till the main girl got flustered, or some shit towards the end.
tretijApr 12, 2017 2:50 PM
Apr 12, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2010
pacmen123456 said:
nDroae said:
WHOAH

The frog woman on my desk IS NOW AN ANIME FIGURINE!?

looks like a bear to me lol

Could be a greenish bear with no eyes. But the show goes on to show a number of frog people, including one caught bathing, so I'm sure she's a frog. :)

Best MAL conversation.
Apr 12, 2017 4:17 PM

Mar 2014
everything looks good except the long title. the shorten one "sukasuka" is even more laughable.
Apr 12, 2017 5:59 PM

Feb 2016
Played Scarbourough fair.Characters are aware of death tropes. And the world is set up on floating islands in the sky.

I'M SOLD AND COMPLETELY IN LOVE.
Apr 12, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2016
ButtSlapper said:
everything looks good except the long title. the shorten one "sukasuka" is even more laughable.

I don't know but. The title really make sense for the novel, and it doesn't sound weird at all for japanese speaker.
Apr 12, 2017 7:45 PM

Mar 2010
Bowie said:
My furry fantasizes finally came true.

Really? I would actually think Grimoire of Zero would be a better fit in that case. XD
Apr 12, 2017 7:49 PM

Mar 2009
What the hell? This wasn't even on my radar. Based on the promo pics released, I expected nothing. Easily the best first episode of the season, besides all the sequels.
Apr 12, 2017 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
Knew nothing about this but the opening scene and the music instantly had me interested, looks like there might be some feels coming, which I welcome. Great 1st episode and fantastic animation. Definitely watching this show.
Apr 12, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
NeverSleep said:
The first scene, maybe we will go up to that point and get a second season eventually? Now I'm actually hyped.

Other than that, I really like the pacing and the script of the episode, even if I had my fears with Wara Junichi being the director the rest of the staff being more experienced is probably giving him a hand. So far so good, now I just want the next week to come...

That first scene ;-;
They had to do it. I literally almost cried .

From what I've seen from LN illustrations, the opening shot is from the last novel. It'd be shitty if they showed that then didn't get to it, but it'd be shittier if it skipped over tons of story to get to the end. The reason I was interested in this show was because it was a Light Novel series finished at 5 volumes. I hoped that it's 5 volumes because it has a well-structured and thought out story, like Fate/Zero's 4 volumes. So I'm hoping that this gets a second season if needed, or if it's able to condense 5 LNs into one show. There's plenty of 12 episode anime that cover 4 LNs, so maybe they might have an hour-long episode or something.
Apr 12, 2017 11:02 PM

Mar 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

That first scene ;-;
They had to do it. I literally almost cried .

From what I've seen from LN illustrations, the opening shot is from the last novel. It'd be shitty if they showed that then didn't get to it, but it'd be shittier if it skipped over tons of story to get to the end. The reason I was interested in this show was because it was a Light Novel series finished at 5 volumes. I hoped that it's 5 volumes because it has a well-structured and thought out story, like Fate/Zero's 4 volumes. So I'm hoping that this gets a second season if needed, or if it's able to condense 5 LNs into one show. There's ple nty of 12 episode anime that cover 4 LNs, so maybe they might have an hour-long episode or something.

No, the opening first minute is the ending of volume 3. I haven't even read volume 5. Still on volume 4. There's tons of lore and world-building though. It'd be great if they stopped at ending vol 3 (or beginning of vol 4), and made a sequel (movie probably) to conclude it. I wouldn't mind it.
Shishou_23Apr 13, 2017 12:51 AM
Apr 12, 2017 11:10 PM
Oct 2014
The music really stands out. Animation is alright. You can tell this is going to be brutal though. My body is ready (but my emotions are not).
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Apr 13, 2017 12:17 AM

Sep 2014
Can't really say about the plot right now, and the beginning is kind of generic but it got better. Towards the end it gets very amazing and so many feels incoming. THE atmosphere and the music are just so amazing! Looking forward to what this has to offer.

So many great animes this season... Probably the best season imo in some years...
Kou_KeikiApr 13, 2017 12:52 AM
Apr 13, 2017 12:49 AM

Mar 2016
animation was amazing. it looks promising but i dont understand why there isnt many that watches this. is this cuz of the great sequels we have this season
Apr 13, 2017 1:06 AM

Oct 2015
I always love plot involving sky islands, those shit are always awesome. The last of his own race hmmm, that showed pretty badass, MC seem to have some ability as well but hasn't display it fully. Can't wait to see some good wholesome family love and battle.
Apr 13, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2014
I feel like it's time to start packing my bag to get on the feels train.

I really enjoyed this first episode. I'm excited to see where the series goes.
Apr 13, 2017 7:11 AM

May 2014
The scene at the beginning was the future right? I mean the girl that killed herself has the same exact hairstyle as the main female girl.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 13, 2017 7:15 AM
Sep 2013
As an LN reader, watching the first episode made me felt like dying a bit inside.
They did well on the first episode cramming as much as they could without making it look like rushed. Damn the feels.

Troll with drill hair onee-san is too tempting.
Now I understand MC's wavering feeling of wanting to be "eaten"
Apr 13, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2014
Definitely one of my favorites so far
Apr 13, 2017 8:45 AM

Jan 2014
This is one of the greatest LNs ever... Please Please Please be a good adaptation <3
And from first episode it looks promising
Apr 13, 2017 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
That was such an amazing start.. I immediately fell in love with this anime. That beautiful soundtrack. The little girls are tooo adorable holy shet. <3
Apr 13, 2017 8:52 AM

Oct 2016
It feels okayish but it hasnt switched my interest yet. I'll check it again next week!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 13, 2017 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
Honestly don't see why so much praise, the sinopsis sounded good but the weeb tropes drag it down.
Apr 13, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
Looks promising, so I've heard the author involves with the anime script, so this seems like going to be guided well by the author. Really good insert song reminds me of Grimgars scenes with insert songs. The first scene got my interest, red haired girl but blue haired at start,...blood,...war. Looks like going to be pretty dark huh.
Apr 13, 2017 11:00 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Chtholly Nota Seniorious looks like the adult version of Noel (Sora no Method). They are similar in their looks :P

Very promising first episode. Based on the description I read this anime could be a great drama story.
Apr 13, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2008
All about them color coded lolis.
Apr 13, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
Have to say the first half of the ep was nice, it looked like an interesting fantasy/postapo anime, I even liked reverse racism themes. And the world full of different flying islands is also something that could be very wonderful to explore.

BUT... then the second part of this episode came o_O

Forget the troll/orc woman who looked like ordinary onee-sama, I can deal with that.
But to have bunch of small (weapons-)children thrown onto main hero when it's obvious already there would be moe overload that would inevitebly destroys this world-building I was writing about in the first paragraph, that is something I can really cope with. I was like 'Really?' and 'Why, oh, why'?!!
Not to mention it is inevitable they will start dying and I can already see the forced drama where this leads.

Without this children I would be pretty hyped about this title. With them, well, I consider dropping this before or after the next ep...
Apr 13, 2017 3:35 PM

Mar 2016
Mich666 said:
Have to say the first half of the ep was nice, it looked like an interesting fantasy/postapo anime, I even liked reverse racism themes. And the world full of different flying islands is also something that could be very wonderful to explore.

BUT... then the second part of this episode came o_O

Forget the troll/orc woman who looked like ordinary onee-sama, I can deal with that.
But to have bunch of small (weapons-)children thrown onto main hero when it's obvious already there would be moe overload that would inevitebly destroys this world-building I was writing about in the first paragraph, that is something I can really cope with. I was like 'Really?' and 'Why, oh, why'?!!
Not to mention it is inevitable they will start dying and I can already see the forced drama where this leads.

Without this children I would be pretty hyped about this title. With them, well, I consider dropping this before or after the next ep...

Oh man, I'm literally laughing at these assumptions cause this story has none of what you say. The poster had children on it. What were you actually expecting? But I digress. If there's anything that sukasuka excels at, then it's lore and world-building and characters aren't just walking figures for moe factor and interact nicely with each other (if we say the studio remains faithful to the source as in this episode). There's nothing forced. Also, i have to point something though it will be shown, but some people are impatient. These kids can't fight now. There's certain steps a fairy takes before becoming a full fledged soldier like kutori who is 15. But hey you're free to assume whatever...
Apr 13, 2017 4:33 PM

Oct 2012
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Oh man, I'm literally laughing at these assumptions cause this story has none of what you say. The poster had children on it. What were you actually expecting? But I digress. If there's anything that sukasuka excels at, then it's lore and world-building and characters aren't just walking figures for moe factor and interact nicely with each other (if we say the studio remains faithful to the source as in this episode). There's nothing forced. Also, i have to point something though it will be shown, but some people are impatient. These kids can't fight now. There's certain steps a fairy takes before becoming a full fledged soldier like kutori who is 15. But hey you're free to assume whatever...

Yeah, everything would be very dramatic and tearjerking in few eps, I have already seen many shows with such promise. I actually liked the worldbuilding as I wrote before. I would loved if this show explored this post-apo world and its laws. But I would be fine with Kutori only following main hero, maybe with Naigurato too (but even then, her appearance is pure fanservice, considering her race) but the fact that they are weapons (including those little girls that I see more as a annoyance)? Nope, there is nothing interesting in that, it's just your usual anime cliche we've seen many time before.

Why to even have tons of other races when most of the main girls looks like humans, not to mention there would be your usual stereotypes?

I would rather watch good drama where the world doesn't rely on small girls to save everyone (again).

I would rather watch good fantasy where main hero explores those little islands and their different cultures and problems rather than babysitting his stupid growing loli harem.

One can ask moral questions about their future deployment only when they accepts that loli fanservice is heavily interweaven into the story and world rules. And in world as rich as this I simply don't see any need of such otaku cliche.
Apr 13, 2017 6:33 PM

Aug 2016
This seems like an interesting show with an amazing premise! And does anyone know who sang that cover of Scarborough Fair? I would love to find them!
Apr 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2014
smartie344 said:
This seems like an interesting show with an amazing premise! And does anyone know who sang that cover of Scarborough Fair? I would love to find them!

Its Yamada Tamura. She sang the PV song, too.

One can ask moral questions about their future deployment only when they accepts that loli fanservice is heavily interweaven into the story and world rules. And in world as rich as this I simply don't see any need of such otaku cliche.

There's absolutely no fanservice at all, and the only female character Willem likes is Chtolly. All the other little girls he sees as his own children, not as future wives. This isn't Black Bullet.

Your assumptions are hilariously wrong.
Apr 13, 2017 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
A walkway filled with FURRIES. And they aren't MADE WITH CG!? Really liking the music in this anime, the ones with vocals are lovely. Characters seem pretty interesting, as well as the world itself. And above all, the girls are adorable. I like them. This was way nicer than the description made it sound. Only thing that bugged me about this, was the salty coffee. That disturbs me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 13, 2017 9:19 PM

May 2015
Mich666 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Yeah, everything would be very dramatic and tearjerking in few eps, I have already seen many shows with such promise. I actually liked the worldbuilding as I wrote before. I would loved if this show explored this post-apo world and its laws. But I would be fine with Kutori only following main hero, maybe with Naigurato too (but even then, her appearance is pure fanservice, considering her race) but the fact that they are weapons (including those little girls that I see more as a annoyance)? Nope, there is nothing interesting in that, it's just your usual anime cliche we've seen many time before.

Why to even have tons of other races when most of the main girls looks like humans, not to mention there would be your usual stereotypes?

I would rather watch good drama where the world doesn't rely on small girls to save everyone (again).

I would rather watch good fantasy where main hero explores those little islands and their different cultures and problems rather than babysitting his stupid growing loli harem.

None of what you just said made any sense.

Apr 13, 2017 10:41 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:

Just how exactly would you do the "Last Human runs an orphanage of lethal secret child weapons" without, you know, actual children?

Mich666 said:
But I would be fine with Kutori only following main hero,

Following where? As MC said he can't fight and he does not exactly have a goal in life.
maybe with Naigurato too (but even then, her appearance is pure fanservice, considering her race)

Her appearance fits the original idea of a troll before Tolkien-version of the trolls overwhelmed the industry. There are two folklore ideas of trolls - one is the tolkien-ish huge monsters living under bridges. Other is creatures capable of mimicking human beings, who behave more akin to the witch from Hansel and Gretel - tricking weary travelers and children with hospitality and then eating them or bringing misfortune upon them. The word troll literally stems from idea of "magic causing mischief".

but the fact that they are weapons (including those little girls that I see more as a annoyance)? Nope, there is nothing interesting in that, it's just your usual anime cliche we've seen many time before.

Wut.
I must have missed all those shows about child soldiers.

Maybe that's a plotpoint?
Also beyond the maid(which already is explained by the troll lore), what stereotypes?

That would not be a show about last human on earth taking care of children though. Do you see Action or Adventure tags on MAL anywhere in regards to this show? No. Its "Sci-Fi, Drama, Romance, Fantasy".

If we go to other databases for the LN, the tags are the same, with sometimes additions of Slice of Life, Tragedy and Psychological genres. SO Why expect that premise you wrote in the first place? You don't go watching Grave of Fireflies and then complain its not Kino No Tabi

What fanservice?
AhenshihaelApr 13, 2017 10:52 PM
Apr 14, 2017 12:33 AM

Sep 2015
Don't really see the value of the flash forward TBH, it just felt dumb. anyway it was an alright starting episode. the best part of the show was just the two characters walking around the city, and only music playing. it was a great way to show a but of the characters personalities as well as seeing them grow fond of each other without having to go through a long monologue. however it all just feels very contrived from the guy and the girl meeting in the first place ti the guy joining the military and guarding some weapons which so happens to be her and some other girls. the characters aren't much worth noting right now, there's the typical light novel protagonist, waifu-bait, and some little girls who fit into certain archetypes. it's probably one of the better light novel adaptations to come out this season, but that's not saying much, anyway i might as well continue watching it because it's at least interesting if anything.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 14, 2017 4:02 AM
Jan 2017
Before saying about this anime, its setting such as islands is 100% same as the setting in Granblue Fantasy.

Anyway, this is quite interesting to get the gist of this plot, and it's really a fantasy romance. This may bring the feeling I am hyping for like predicting what will happen the next scene.
Apr 14, 2017 4:09 AM

May 2016
Can anyone explain first scene or later it will be explained ?
AOTS ?
Apr 14, 2017 7:40 AM

Jun 2012
Satelight actually doing a good TV series, well that's new... I'm liking this, there's no harem which is good, I like harem but I'm getting bored of it. The LN ended right? Will we get a full adaptation?
Apr 14, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
pretty good and astonishing, i would know if this would become good as the story improving. also the music would become my favourite this season.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Apr 14, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, i could tell the uniqueness right from the start, but that OST, damn.
"Are you going to Scarborough Fair?"
I cannot wait for the OST release. I have high hopes for this surprise of a series.

No, Oni =/= Troll, writer should have studied that one better :C

The extra detail in making things feel natural is very welcomed, as opposed to often contrived-feeling anime.

THESE LOLIS

I want to .....hug them all!!!
They're so adorable.
GenesisAriaApr 14, 2017 11:15 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 14, 2017 9:11 PM

May 2016
I find it humorous that people are complaining that there are lolis when MC is at an orphanage. With that being said, this episode was alright, there wasn't anything spectacular and the whole humanity being instinct should be something that is shown and not just told so I am hoping at some point we can see in a flashback on how the human lost and how this guy is the only survivor.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.