Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 2018
THIS IS EMBARASSING BUT I LEGITIMATELY CRIED ON HOW SWEET TADANO IS. HIS PURE SOUL DESERVES WORLD AND LOVE MAN NOT EVEN EXAGGERATING.

I havent read the manga and this is straight beautiful first-time experience man, and noise lord Koga Aoi voicing Komi is just perfect touch.

10000000000000000000/10
Oct 7, 2021 9:56 AM
Apr 2015
Okay first episode was too good๐Ÿ˜ญ everything from animation to characters personalities; I’m impressed what a funny and wholesome episode. Can’t wait for more
Oct 7, 2021 10:00 AM

Oct 2018
We finally had another romcom anime and well something that makes this anime really enjoyable to have for the duration of Fall 2021.

Komi-san apperantly having a communication disorder and has a dream of achieving 100 friends. Well we already have one friend and his name, Tadano-kun.

Well, Tadano-kun wants to have a normal high school life now decides to help Komi-san to achieve her dream. This will be our first step already for our romcom anime. And ngl, there's lots of unique classmates around the high school.

Especially this Naruto Wannabe one.

But anyway, with things going well for this episode. Let's see what's coming next week XD
RiriHitosuyanagiNov 17, 2021 11:16 AM
Forum set made by Nate
Oct 7, 2021 10:11 AM

Jan 2020
The most wholesome first episode I could have ever watched in anime. I loved every second of it, I might end up binging this if Netflix releases all episodes at once. The comedy is refreshing, the art is beautiful and I like the dramatic stills. Enjoyable watch, looking forward to more.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 7, 2021 10:19 AM

Mar 2018
Disappointed with the direction of this as an adaptation. They're just copying the manga as is with all the useless sfx text that is unnecessary in an audio visual medium like animation. The comedic timing was off too. It was a little too quick for my taste. The story meanwhile is nothing special so far. Will wait to see where this goes with the new characters that are going to be introduced.
So far it's a 6/10 at best.
Oct 7, 2021 10:20 AM

Apr 2009
Most average plot i've seen in a while. Cliche and stupid. Creating conflicts out of nothing because the girl is cute.

UwU teach me something I'm too embarrassed to do myself senpai!
Oct 7, 2021 10:42 AM
Jun 2021
the first episode was cute and funny i loved it
Oct 7, 2021 10:47 AM

Apr 2018
The animation is stunning.
Also, OP and ED are beautiful.
I hope for a great experience.
Oct 7, 2021 11:04 AM

Sep 2020
I feel like I'm reading the manga for the first time
Oct 7, 2021 11:27 AM
Oct 2021
This is soo beautifully animated!!

When I first saw the PV, I had high expectations with the quality. Then I tried not to watch the newer trailers so that I could be surprised.

And you know what? It exceedeeddd my expectations waaayyyy highhh!

The quality put into the episode is amazing and the OP is superr catchyy with yet again, amazingg animations.

I hope they keep up the quality and the pacing. I really like how they made it very similar to the manga panel.

And of course, best boy and best girl is finally heree!! With all the glorious animations and voice acting.

Chadano & Komii 10/10
Oct 7, 2021 11:29 AM

Dec 2020
dragged a bit at the beginning but i really like it, komi is a very relatable character too. i hope she can achieve her dream. tadano is also really nice as well for helping her and being understanding. i like the ost as well, i have a good feeling about this one
Oct 7, 2021 11:31 AM

Jul 2019
I am surprised how well they have managed to adapt this manga. Since it is a bit hard manga to adapt in a way it flows smoothly. But the manga is still better since it tends to flow better
Oct 7, 2021 2:14 PM
Mar 2018
Very beautiful first episode.

Was worried that Netflix would ruin it even after the trailer, but this episode really ensured me that this was being made in the right hands. The music and expression the animation really helped the story.

Also the anime reminded me to catch up to the manga.

Oct 7, 2021 2:23 PM

Jan 2017
What a great 1st episode. I came in with no previous knowledge of the story.
Oct 7, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
Komi is so cuteeeeee

Oct 7, 2021 2:49 PM

Dec 2016
Alpha_Druid said:
Disappointed with the direction of this as an adaptation. They're just copying the manga as is with all the useless sfx text that is unnecessary in an audio visual medium like animation. The comedic timing was off too. It was a little too quick for my taste. The story meanwhile is nothing special so far. Will wait to see where this goes with the new characters that are going to be introduced.

Isn't the "useless" sfx and text thing what makes the adaptation unique so far? I could see ppl comparing Komi-san to Nagatoro if it weren't for that since both are similar romcom.
Oct 7, 2021 2:50 PM
Jun 2013
Alpha_Druid said:
Disappointed with the direction of this as an adaptation. They're just copying the manga as is with all the useless sfx text that is unnecessary in an audio visual medium like animation

"They're just copying the manga as is" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and some people say "a opinion can't be wrong"
Oct 7, 2021 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
Lol @ the silhouette guy from Conan.

Pleasantly surprised by this premiere. Didn't expect to enjoy this so much. Just thought it would be another adaptation of an overrated manga, but this got a lot of personality. The directing stands out with some pretty unique techniques that enhanced the gags. Last skit comedy anime that impressed me in such a way was Sakamoto desu ga? Also loving Komi's "chibi" face xD

Another surprise were the amount of feels. Really got overwhelmed by the wholesomeness when Tadano made an effort to communicate with Komi. We all should try our best and be patient to make those around us who're struggling more comfortable. It's just a bit sad that most of the time we're only offering a helping hand to people we deem attractive. If you're not good looking you're usually just a weirdo. Komi is fortunate in that regard. Maybe this series would be a bit more meaningful if the heroine was a plain looking one...this isn't meant to be criticism, just food for thought.

Even as a idealstic school comedy it's still off to a great start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2021 4:22 PM

Apr 2018
Okay, I already love this. It's wholesome, and Komi is so adorable T_T

I've heard a lot about the manga, but haven't got around to reading it just yet (add the fact that I've only really started reading manga very recently). Will definitely have to start it soon.

I find that Komi and I are a bit similar to each other. I have social anxiety disorder, so when it comes to talking to others I get really nervous, like Komi as a result of her communication disorder.

All in all, I can already tell this will be a favorite of mine. I can't wait for the next episode<33
Oct 7, 2021 4:45 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
That was a really beautiful way to start an Anime. Not much happened Plot-wise but that was to be expected, really nice animation and clean Artstyle. Lets see if it'll manage to keep me entertained for (most likely) 12 Episodes.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 7, 2021 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Ooh, that was a surprise I liked the Komi the way she tried to talk to Tadano was hilarious.
Oct 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Jun 2021
i've never read the manga, seeing as its ongoing and seems pretty long, but i wanted to check this out since i haven't been watching much seasonal and i liked it. i know this is going to be more of a comedy anime, but i enjoyed how calm this first episode was. so far its like a 7/10, i hope it continues on like that :)
Oct 7, 2021 6:02 PM

Aug 2020
A cute and funny first episode. Komi is beautiful and mesmerizing as always, and is so shining that all the students stop to see her. Tadano is kinda clumsy, but hardworking and lucky to sit by her side. So he has this "100 friends" task, which will be tough, considering Komi's shyness.

I'm expecting some development here, not only in Koni's social abilities. But in her relationship with Tadano. Let's wait and check!

(The animation and photography is awesome)

Oct 7, 2021 6:21 PM

Apr 2019
I feel a little annoyed with the manga bubble text there
Oct 7, 2021 6:44 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah this was a bit of a let-down for me. Kinda the same with Jahy-sama, really popular manga that ends up having a mid anime.

ใ€Œ ๐•‚๐•–๐•ช ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•™๐•š๐••๐•–๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐••๐•’๐•ฃ๐•œ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค, ๐•ค๐•™๐• ๐•จ ๐•ž๐•– ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•– ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ž ใ€

Oct 7, 2021 6:45 PM
Dec 2007
Real strong first episode. I've had the manga on my kindle for what seams like forever, maybe I should start reading it lol
Oct 7, 2021 7:50 PM

May 2019
The comedy part is soo horribly done, even though production value is good.. i just don't like the gag moment and style shift. Adding manga text box felt out of place too, i'll rather read manga and be done which i have already did and dropped. Not gonna watch the rest of the series. The manga as a whole too is absolute horrendous.
Oct 7, 2021 7:57 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't find the manga engaging enough to keep on reading, but this episode did a much better job overall and the production is fantastic.
Oct 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Feb 2017
DannyTheDonkey said:
I'll be blunt. I don't like the first episodes at all. By the time I check the timestamp it's 10 minutes and I was already bored. I just found the comedy to be sucks, Even in some of boring shows that's I've watch there's at least something to crack a giggle or smile but not even once here did I smile or laugh. Oh Komi is so pretty, she was adored by everyone but she can't communicate and the anime turn the character's face into cartoony mode. Rinse and Repeat.

The only saving grace is that the drama wasn't actually that bad. I liked the music during that calkboard scene and I'll be in if the two main will develop a romantic relationship over the course of the series. But seeing this is an anime and the manga is still on going, the show will not have the balls to do that and we're gonna spend the rest of series with school nonsense hijink.

Overall, a dissapointing premiere.

Your comment reeks of "anime elitism".
Oct 7, 2021 8:20 PM

Jun 2019
This can really be something special. Some of the highest quality production I’ve seen for any tv anime. A unique style thanks to outstanding direction bringing the source material to life. Writing with great comedic timing and an emotional backbone. PLUS an OST that fits the tone well. If the quality can keep up we might be looking at AOTY.
Oct 7, 2021 8:40 PM

Mar 2018
_PALS_ said:
The comedy part is soo horribly done, even though production value is good.. i just don't like the gag moment and style shift. Adding manga text box felt out of place too, i'll rather read manga and be done which i have already did and dropped. Not gonna watch the rest of the series. The manga as a whole too is absolute horrendous.

I agree completely.
Oct 7, 2021 8:50 PM

Mar 2018
skapito said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Isn't the "useless" sfx and text thing what makes the adaptation unique so far? I could see ppl comparing Komi-san to Nagatoro if it weren't for that since both are similar romcom.

Choices made to make it unique doesn't mean that the choices are good. They're just trying too hard to be like the manga What's the point of an anime adaptation then? Those excessive text boxes and sfx text are distracting and clutter the screen unnecessarily. It is unique in a negative way not a positive one.
Oct 7, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2019
I came in with expectations about as high as I've ever had for a new series, and I'll be damned if this didn't meet or surpass them all. From the first scene on I was blown away by the beauty and fluidity of the animation, and the storytelling thusfar has lived up to the hype.

If the series can keep it up, it'll be an easy 10/10, and that's not a score I throw around lightly.
Oct 7, 2021 9:31 PM
Jul 2021
I was waiting for this anime so long :)

the OP its beautiful and the endig its better. I can not wait for the second episode
Oct 7, 2021 11:08 PM

Mar 2018
People are loving this show in accordance to the hype meanwhile my petty brain can't get over the fact I want to pull out that flower-like thing on protag's head lol. What a tryhard design to give him a unique characteristic. Just give him an ahoge lul

Oct 7, 2021 11:29 PM

Apr 2015
Decent first episode, although I only really liked the chalkboard scene. Very wholesome. The other scenes were okay, but if Komi has the same reaction every time she is expected to talk, the comedy is going to get repetitive and tiring real quick. I could relate to Komi with her social anxiety quite a bit and she seems like a really sweet girl, but it's a bit ridiculous how the male MC is the only person out of hundreds of people she has been surrounded by/involved with to have figured out she has some sort of communication disorder. Although no one in the school looks very bright. And what's with the MC's hair? I thought it was a flower petal at first. Is that a flower hair pin? If not, it looks so stupid as part of his hairstyle lmao.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 7, 2021 11:35 PM
Oct 2021
It's so good, worth the wait. I give 9/10 for 1st episode
Oct 8, 2021 12:08 AM

Aug 2009
Alpha_Druid said:
skapito said:

Choices made to make it unique doesn't mean that the choices are good. They're just trying too hard to be like the manga What's the point of an anime adaptation then? Those excessive text boxes and sfx text are distracting and clutter the screen unnecessarily. It is unique in a negative way not a positive one.

Gee I wonder if there is another very popular anime adaptation of a very popular manga that overuses sfx and bubble text or text boxes... and an overuse of narrator.
I wonder why that one is so much like the manga.

Oct 8, 2021 12:17 AM
Jul 2021
Loved this episode! Even though I read the manga but still OLM seriously made it perfectly. Plus that Komi Big Eyes was SO CUTE! Plus that OST was good too. Looking forward to next episode too. Keep up the good work OLM!
Oct 8, 2021 1:07 AM

Dec 2018
A great first episode, Komi is so beautiful~
She's lucky in that school, everyone's still loving her even she didn't speak...
What's with the male protagonist hair design? a flower attached on his hair/head??
Everything are great, just almost all characters eyes design are the same... just a small black dot pupil.....

Oct 8, 2021 3:39 AM
Mar 2021
editing, voice acting is hilarious. this seems to be the comedy gem of the season. props to the guy who held a microphone for komi-san in class. lmao
Oct 8, 2021 6:43 AM

Dec 2020
Let's go my favorite va Kajiwara gakuto is here.Really like the first episode.Hype really stand out.The visuals of op were 10/10.Song was also damn good.All the first episode of I have watched of fall anime this episode I enjoyed the most.I hope other episodes will also be good and glad to hear again Asta voice .

For your Information:

Oct 8, 2021 1:30 PM

Feb 2019
There is a metric buttload of effort being put into this show, which does make the occasional shot of the titular character's ridiculously tiny eyes and mouth on her gigantic face stand out, especially when the dude's face is about 75% eyes. It also does one of the rarest things in anime, uses a montage well. The dramatic bit about halfway through of them finding a way to talk to each other and that opening the floodgates for both was set well to music and just an effective and emotionally touching little scene overall.

However, the comedy that dominated the first half of the episode was… rough. It definitely toned things down to a much more palatable level as the episode went on, but it comes out of the gate with a whole bunch of shouting, screaming, and noise, which is also how it ends the episode; a dude screaming at the top of his lungs. The dramatic part of the episode was really well done, and the show is expressive as total balls with apparently a massive budget for some reason. It just starts and ends with shouting, so my first and last impressions feel a bit colored by that despite the middle.
Oct 8, 2021 2:29 PM

Sep 2015
Wonderful first ep, komi-san is very cute! Can't wait to see their friendship bloom and Tadano seems very sweet.
Oct 8, 2021 6:28 PM
Dec 2019
I've heard of Komi san but I didn't think it was this good. I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I think after watching this first episode that it has lots of potential. I can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 8, 2021 9:03 PM

Aug 2016
It is incredible the level of detail that they gave to this Anime, OLM showed off with Komi-san, I never saw Komi-san's manga but this is really funny, now I understand why people published so many things about Komi-san before that your adaptation will be announced, do not stop smiling throughout the episode, it is amazing.
Oct 8, 2021 10:38 PM

May 2019
LOL im critic with the manga but now i see that MAL gathered lots of mindless haters.

The manga is not the best romcom but it is unique, that is why it is famous, and the anime IMHO turned it even better.

Does someone remember the ppl who said "Komi-san is never going to get an anime" LOL in your face!
Oct 9, 2021 12:02 AM
Aug 2021
felt cartoonish.. 3 out of 5 from me
Oct 9, 2021 1:26 AM
Jul 2021
YS19 said:
felt cartoonish.. 3 out of 5 from me

lol

yeah specially for bot account like yours.

looks like mal hater bot will start invading and defending their top anime.
Oct 9, 2021 2:15 AM
Jun 2017
ANIME ONLY:

This first episode is so cute, I WILL WATCH THIS ONE
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

222 by flokigoat »»
Sep 3, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.