Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was then, the Madonna and the ordinary man met, in animated form.

Was it worth it? Was it worth all that waiting? Yes. Yes, it was.

Great episode, funny as I would have expected, and something I think I can look forward to in this season lol.
Oct 6, 2021 8:27 AM

Feb 2018
As always for Cherry blossom and new semester, scenery was so beautiful. However, the early minutes always belong to Neko. Okay this is first time Tadano Saw Komi-san, uwaaa sugoi bijinda! Back again with cowardly Tadano, tension rise up just by looking at a girl. It's not that I hate Tadano it's just that I really really hate Tadano, forget about it. They are in the same class and the seat, u know... Glancing and glancing, it happened for 5 minutes duration and that was with.

It's written on the chalkboard that Komi-san isn't good at communication to other people, that's why she wrote it on the chalkboard, is this similar to Senryuu Shoujo? Ma, The problem about Komi can be found in the title, lol... So yeah, forget about it. Tadano asked about breakfast, onaka hettan desu ka? It's written on the chalkboard that Komi-san didn't bring Bento and yeah... They were just talking about how to talk to other people, and it went on for quite a while and was pretty boring for me. Komi-san just can't find the right topic, that chalk sound keeps going and gommennasai, bye end.... They also continue to chat with the chalkboard until this episode ends, end owatta.

For OP wow that was so chibbi 3/10 for Op.

Oct 6, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2020
Komi is very beautiful, she is very popular because of her beauty.
Tadano was under a lot of pressure because he was sitting next to Komi, lmao.

Ngl, When Komi is nervous she is so cute.
Damn, that's a lot of writing, Komi really wants to have friends, but the problem is that she has a hard communicating with other people. That OST tho! I really like it.

She really wants to have 100 friends, and she needs 99 more friends. Searching for 99 more friends begins!

:3

The first episode was great!

Jun 2019
Welcome to one of the most anticipated anime adaptations of all time. Never had I thought I would see the day when Komi San will get animated. The meme will finally be over. It's a great time to be alive as an anime fan and an even greater time if you're a fan of Komi San and the manga in general like me. Let's rejoice... boys.

Also, the fact that Komi-san has been voiced by none other than Koga Aoi, not like she's gonna say anything in this show anyway. LOL. Let's just take our time and thank OLM for finally adapting it into an anime and my god, they did an amazing job on this first episode. *chefs kiss* I have really high hopes for this anime and Idk how they're going to adapt it, that's the biggest question I have in mind. The animation looks just phenomenal and the music is composed by Yukari Hashimoto, another really awesome choice for this show.

I still can't believe I'm seeing Komi-san moving. LOL. Also, she's looking so beautiful... >.< Tadano looks great as well. I'm gonna watch over him as well. All these characters are some of my favorites. Komi-san has a communication disorder and she wants to make friends but everyone stays away from her because they think she's all high and mighty. How will she conquer this and make 100 more like 99 new friends? A great first episode. I can't wait to see more of this.

Apr 2021
I must say as a Super Huge Fan of the manga....I was so happy and excited to see the anime Lol good to see Tadano and Komi
The OP and the animation both were pretty good....I knew it'd be great from the time I'd watched the trailer anyways

Off we go a journey to make 100 friends!!!!!!

Edit : Seriously? I was the first one to click the 5 out of 5(loved it) button and few people have already clicked the hated it button :(
Joel77Oct 6, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2017
Everyone, AND I MEAN EVERYONE, knows what Komi-san is: Communication Disorder the Animation.

Always loved Tadano Hitohito and Komi Shouko's relationship (even at the very beginning), and unsurprisingly, Tomohito Oda's manga is well celebrated by all, so the popularity speaks for itself. Black Clover's Asta and Aoi Koga's pairing is something that I'd never imagined to see, BUT IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY.

The visual expressions are absolutely ON POINT, especially the blackboard scene of words exchanged between Tadano and Komi through writing. Tadano is slowly changing Komi's mindset...and little do they know that this will be an extensive work of the silent Madonna beauty Komi making friends with 100 people, of which Tadano is the first.

Cider Girl's OP is great! Definitely loved this premiere, this is by far one of the best and beautiful premieres so far of the Fall season, and as a hardcore fan of the manga, this is to be expected of the manga's justice that the anime is done on such a high pedestal.
KANLen09Oct 8, 2021 9:08 AM
Oct 6, 2021 8:29 AM

May 2020
well, is that me? hahaha
Oct 6, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Komi's moves are so smooth in class but also very shy when trying to express herself. She's protrayed as the the perfect lady at school.

I love the contrast between her usual cool face and her cartoony face similar to the manga. Something else I want to mention is the way the music is synchronized with Komi's scenes from the epsisod as I think it's well done. There's a quiet yet noticable chemistry between Tadano and Komi. Great episode, got exactly what I had expected.
Oct 6, 2021 8:34 AM
Jul 2017
The studio take time on this episode to introduce our main lead, Komi and Tadano. No words need to spoken. Perfect first episode.

Note = This episode marks Tadano's first step as Chadano.
Oct 6, 2021 8:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was really good for a 1st episode so far, it definitely manages to catch the essence of the manga, especially during the 2nd part where it was only them writing on them board
Oct 6, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
After waiting for 3000 years Komi san anime is finally here and the wait was worth it as we were delivered a great first episode.

Man I'm going nuts here, totally loved this episode. The character designs, visuals, directing were pretty much perfect. The opening sequence was really great too.

Komi san moments were glorious, she's beautiful. Her nervous moments were hilarious and cute. Komi x Tadano interactions were sweet.

Great premiere overall and I really hope the quality doesn't drop and the pacing as well.
Oct 6, 2021 9:06 AM

May 2020
Well everything was worth the wait and why not, seeing that first day of school being animated sure brings a lot of joy. Tadano being next to Komi, getting a glimpse of some of the other characters, everything was what I anticipated it to be.

Those expressions of Komi san, truly they never get old no matter how many times you see.

Nice OP too, and quite a fitting art style, hope the quality remains same throughout.
Once again a great start, can't wait for next week.
Softhenic03Oct 6, 2021 9:12 AM
Oct 6, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2019
Where is it out? Can’t find on gogoanime or animepahe? If not I‘ll just wait till tomorrow
Oct 6, 2021 9:31 AM

Nov 2019

Komi is such a goddess that even picking up the eraser for her is a privilege. Tadano nearly lost his hand off of that. Freaking Shinobi going for the kill haha.

This was such a lovely episode, having only heard about the Komi-san manga from the memes and all-around without having read it yet, I wanted to give it a try and then decide to read the manga. I can clearly see just from this episode the hype surrounding this anime adaptation.

Oct 6, 2021 10:00 AM
Aug 2021
The visuals were so beautiful! I can't wait for this series to air!

Poor Tadano, he's being hated on by his classmates in the first day itself.

Komi's adorable:)
Oct 6, 2021 10:05 AM

Apr 2018
Ah, I started the manga and seeing it animated is just wonderful.
Tadano, an average high school boy managed to get along with the ''School Goddness'' and will be helping her to make a hundred friends. Seems basic but it's pretty interesting and a fun ride. Tadano's no ordinary MC, he's a CHAD. The OP is a banger and the animation is quite good. As expected from the same studio that made Pokemon.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 6, 2021 10:18 AM

Aug 2021
Where r u guys watching it???

Yeah, the world would be dark without Light...
but without L, the world would just be a Word...
Oct 6, 2021 10:18 AM

Mar 2020
Looks like I manage to more or less successfully predicted that this, MT s2, 86s2 gonna take top ratings for this season.
AnimeFA78NOct 6, 2021 10:23 AM
Oct 6, 2021 10:28 AM

Sep 2019
I still can’t believe that Komi got an anime adaptation lol. I was really surprised when I first saw the pv and the OP. They looked a lot better than I thought they would. This episode looked good as well. Komi was cute as always.

Thus Komi’s making 100 friends challenge started. Good luck Komi!
Oct 6, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2020
Za_Warudo526 said:
Where r u guys watching it???

Using Netflix Japan, but I'm watching it with Japanese subtitles. There's currently no fansubs available yet
Oct 6, 2021 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
Great start. Didn't expect that I'll like it this much. Looking forward for next episodes.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 6, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2019
AnimeFA78N said:
Looks like I manage to more or less successfully predicted that this, MT s2, 86s2 gonna take top ratings for this season.
I can't see the rating for this yet? How would you know or is there something I am missing.
Oct 6, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2020
Top tier adaptation 😭
Oct 6, 2021 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
man studio OLM nailed the adaptation... 10/10 for the first episode.
since Komi-san is like a 4-panel manga I thought the studio would slightly add something of their own style to make it enjoyable as Doga Kobo did with Nozaki-kun, KyoAni did with Nichijou and K-On and Studio GoHands did with Seitokai Yakuindomo.

But OLM made it awesome. For me, it's a perfect adaptation. The manga's art style is there, and damn Komi's hair shade. Awesome Job. Easily 10/10 for this one episode. And of course, the VA's perfectly did their job specially Tadano's VA. He was Asta and Shinra's VA previously, both of them hyped pumped-up characters, so playing Tadado, an average normal guy really adds more to his roles and variety.
Oct 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Aug 2009
Every dumb mangareader/anituber: "Komi-san cant be animated, it just wont work"
OLM:" And I took that personally"

Wth was that? I always believed that it would get an anime but if you told me the animation would be at that level, for an almost 4 panel SOL comedy manga series with very little movement then I would call you crazy.

Animation, direction, transition, voice acting. All great.

You cant tell me that the staff behind this dont love this series.

Still no VA for second best girl but lets hope we get there.
Oct 6, 2021 11:31 AM

Aug 2020
Is it only 10 minutes long? Just double checking.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Oct 6, 2021 11:35 AM

Apr 2018
Sonnyman45 said:

Isn't it pre-screening? Not sure how it work but I guess that's not full version.
Oct 6, 2021 11:37 AM

Aug 2020
beam2546 said:
Sonnyman45 said:

Isn't it pre-screening? Not sure how it work but I guess that's not full version.
I saw it on 9anime where it says pre-screening and it’s 10mins, I don’t really know what it means.
Oct 6, 2021 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
Sonnyman45 said:
It is a full 20~ min episode. Pre screening was only part of it.
Oct 6, 2021 11:40 AM

Apr 2015
I'm gonna diverge a bit from the common opinion here and that while I enjoyed it a lot and find it quite inspired direction-wise with good production to back that up, I found it a bit too visually busy and bloated for my taste.

The visualization of Onomatopoeia was a given and I like how it was used but there was consistently so much text on screen that it started to detract from the overall episode. I hope it's just a one time thing tho I do have my doubts seeing how integrated it is into the overall episode.

Other than that it's quite neat!
Oct 6, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2020
ssjokg said:
Sonnyman45 said:
So when will the full episode be out? I know it comes to Netflix weekly for outside of Japan on October 21st I think.
Oct 6, 2021 11:47 AM
Oct 2020
Where can I watch this? The only thing I've found is the Pre Screening.
Oct 6, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
Sonnyman45 said:
ssjokg said:
So when will the full episode be out? I know it comes to Netflix weekly for outside of Japan on October 21st I think.

Yeah it is already out for Japan. If you want subs gotta wait till the 21st.
ssjokgOct 6, 2021 12:03 PM
Oct 6, 2021 1:42 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
For those waiting for fansubs, I've watched one going around but it isn't that good. Many subtitles where missing and I had to infer what was said by context I guess.

In any case, really good animation and a hilarious interaction between the main characters. I can definitely see why it was so anticipated. The fact that she wants to make that many friends in a school full of eccentrics is definitely an uphill battle. Can't wait to see how this develops.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 6, 2021 1:46 PM

Jul 2011
There is full subbed episode out now, thanks for certain subsgroup for giving us awesome :>
GaichiOct 6, 2021 1:51 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 6, 2021 2:06 PM
Sep 2020
Komi san loooooooks so elegant and georgious in the anime oml I love it!!
Really great first epsiode and I enjoyed every bit of it~

The voice acting was amaaazing and the animation is on point oml
I love the humor so muchhhh

Im in love with Komi-san~🛐✨

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiOct 6, 2021 4:02 PM
Oct 6, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2020
Such a good episode, Can't wait for the next ones
we finally got our manga animated
Oct 6, 2021 3:46 PM

Jun 2020
The wait is really worth and the first episode did not disappoint it really stunned me how good this is from the beginning

I can't get a hold of Komi-san really like she can be so energetic and eccentric from actions only but we all know the catch that a single word can't really come out from her mouth until she's aware or feel like she's alone

Already progressing through something being friends with Tadano I think they're going to get along with each other quite well, I hope for the best for this series so far it's so good.
Oct 6, 2021 3:59 PM

Jan 2019
I used to read the manga during my last year of high school. First episode stayed true to the source if I recall everything correctly. Looking forward to the show.
Oct 6, 2021 4:06 PM
Nov 2015
Holy shit, the animation was godlike. The Blackboard scene was so well done that I shed a tear even though I have already read this.
Oct 6, 2021 4:11 PM
May 2021
This was, dare I say, a perfect first episode! The art, animation, music...everything was so damn beautiful! Both Komi and the story are adorable and had me literally lol-ing on more than one occasion! Finally, the "finished" bit at the end really served as the cherry on top of this already very sweet ice-cream sundae!

P.S.
There were two post credit scenes (make sure you didn't miss them!).
Oct 6, 2021 4:21 PM

Oct 2020
Ah, yes, the coveted Komi-san adaptation is finally here! The animation was done beautifully. OLM pinpointed the facial reactions amazingly especially, for Komi. Here's to a lovely relationship between Tadano and Komi! The Op is great as well. The song fits perfectly and, overall, just sounds pleasant to the ears.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2021 5:19 PM

Jul 2020
i think it was good. read few chapters of the manga but i am a bit confused
Oct 6, 2021 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
I loved the whole episode. Was good to see the first chapters with the current character design.

I hope I wont need go survivor mode for long, needing to watch following the manga lines.

Oct 6, 2021 5:33 PM
Aug 2021
So far so good! Loved the animation a lot and the chalkboard scene was amazing, the music was very fitting and nice as well!
Oct 6, 2021 5:36 PM
Mar 2019
Beautiful Adaptation !
Oct 6, 2021 5:44 PM
Sep 2020
br- said:
i think it was good. read few chapters of the manga but i am a bit confused

That's how it happens in the one-shot, a lot of stuff was changed when the manga was serialized.
Oct 6, 2021 5:45 PM

Jun 2019
Komi wednesdays 'boutta be my favourite wednesdays of the whole year
Oct 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
OMG finally! A 1st episode of a fall show that I actually liked!

This was so sweet! It kinda reminded me to a cross between Senryuu Girl and Hitori Bocchi.
I'm liking both MCs already. The way her face changes is so funny! lol

I've heard nothing but praise for this manga and so far, it's delivering!
Oct 6, 2021 6:46 PM

Jan 2020
The comedy bits can be very hit or miss for me but I thought it was quite cute and I loved the part where they communicated using the chalk

I can see myself enjoying this a lot as time goes on and I'm hoping it does reach that potential because it's off to a good start

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2021

175 by tinykoo7 »»
May 22, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

115 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

90 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2021

223 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.