Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 24, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Komi looks gorgeous in her yukata this episode. She dressed up perfectly for the occasion.

A lot of festival activities as expected. I love how she destroyed her opponent in that gun shooting contest. Also I'm glad to see Nakanaka again although I wish she got more screen time this episode. Komi's reactions are the festival were comedy gold.

Apr 2020
Summer Festival! Komi-san looks good in that yukata. I like it when Komi also compliments Tadano that his yukata suits him.
The Summer Festival scene wad so fun

Finally shown the face of Hitohito's sister, she's kinda cute.

Jun 2019
It's so funny to see the contrast in Komi-san's family. Either they're too talkative or they're too silent. But, it works, I guess. So, there's no problem. Komi-san's whole family is just as awesome as her. Everyone's great. They use telepathy as a medium of communication. LOL

Then comes the Summer festival and everyone's in a Yukata and as usual Komi-san is looking great and Tadano is there for her. Yadano is as competitive as ever even during the festival. LOL. It's nice to see everyone's having a lot of fun at the festival. I don't wanna make any Squid Game joke but Najimi is dead. LMAO. That was a nice PS5 there. Komi-san had fun because Tadano was there for her. Such a precious couple. <3.

After that, everyone gathered at Tadano's place because of Najimi (he/she is smart) and we finally got to see his little sister. Nice. Another great episode.
Nov 24, 2021 7:56 AM
Jul 2017
The episode started with Komi's family gathering. We shown how they usually do inside the car during travel. And, we meet Komi's aunt and uncle that showing how they interact with each other, and the cousin which finally getting her moment to play with Komi since that didn't happen previous years. A little heart-to-heart moment between Komi and her grandma that ended with, how dare you grandma, not accepting someone like Tadano??

Then, summer festival. Komi looks really elegant and beautiful in that yukata, meanwhile Najimi, bringing his/her friends (that's just 0.001% of all of his/her friends though). Three of them have fun at the festival. More Komi talk where she try her best to say Tadano's outfit looks good. While they have fun, random things happened (duel again with Yadano, poor Nakanaka getting free fish after failed attempt, a sly grandma goes full JoJo to make Komi picked wrong rope). And, after Komi, for a second, lost her friends in the middle of the crowd, sit with Tadano. You could see again her feelings for Tadano grew up.

The episode ended with Komi and her friends going to Tadano's house where they introduced Tadano's sister, Hitomi. Then, it turns to study session because Najimi beg them to help him/her finish his/her homework. While they studying, they reminisce their past activities during summer break. Hearing their talk, Komi's crying because she it's her first time having summer break like this and not wanted to ended.

One thing I appreciate about this episode is the studio take their time, not rushing the story, compress many chapters for this episode. Why? Because, they want to show to us this is the part where Komi really have fun during summer break, especially now that she has many friends, which makes it one of the precious part of her life.

Manga section below
Nov 24, 2021 8:09 AM

Apr 2018
A family gathering, pretty fun. Komi's family is full of special people for sure. They can either be very fun to be with or there's just a deep, deep silence. The cousin scene was hilarious. It ended with a game against her grandmother which was pretty intense when I read the manga. Summer festival was awesome. Komi in a yukata is instantly a feast to my eyes. Can't wait for the cultured festival. Well, they had fun together until she got lost but ended up with Tadano. They've finally met Tadano's sister and it ended with a study session in his house. Summer break is almost over and this was Komi's first summer together with friends. Even writing this made me tear up a little considering how lonely she was in the past years.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 24, 2021 8:44 AM

May 2020
Hilarious how Komi didn't even noticed Nakanaka, anyways the festival turned out to be a good progression for both Tadano and Komi as they had a lot of time together.

Got to see Komi's grandma and her cousin Akira too, who's just too fond of Komi. Also seems like Hitomi couldn't trust how Tadano could befriend someone like Komi lol. And with that summer vacation ended, bet it was memorable for everyone.
Nov 24, 2021 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Boring episode as a whole in terms of enjoyment for me, but an episode where they were making their own memories through the summer break, from Komi meeting her grandma and relatives, to theobon festival and finally doing some homework together at Hitohito's place and even meeting his sister for the first time. Main thing I did like was Komi actually complimenting Tadano's outfit at the festival through actually speaking, even if she was still extremely shy and nervous about it the whole time. They got to spend some good amount of time together there. Rest was kinda forgettable.
Nov 24, 2021 9:22 AM
Jul 2021
Stark700 said:
Komi looks gorgeous in her yukata this episode. She dressed up perfectly for the occasion.

A lot of festival activities as expected. I love how she destroyed her opponent in that gun shooting contest. Also I'm glad to see Nakanaka again although I wish she got more screen time this episode. Komi's reactions are the festival were comedy gold.

How are you watching this? Or you understand Japanese and watch it without subs?
Nov 24, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
Makeru random appearances are great.

I felt attacked in the rope game granny part. Just thinking if that's my destiny as Jojo fan to become like that.
Nov 24, 2021 9:53 AM

Oct 2015
Kaiseki said:
Finally shown the face of Hitohito's sister, she's kinda cute.

Wait until you see Tadano-kun-chan lmao
Nov 24, 2021 3:09 PM
Jul 2021
I hate his sister man, she's the worst next to Ren. Like "What kind of trick did you use" or whatever it was she said, and she's just usually making crap comments. And Ren is just god awful, I REALLY wish they'd tell her "No you can't come in" or catch her stalking and be like WTF is wrong with you. I really hope she's going to be more of a background character eventually and not just a psycho who shows up every single time they do anything. Also how are Tadano/Komi going to progress if she keeps showing up?

Btw Komi erased that message in time before Tadano saw it right? That sucks if so. I was sure this trip was going to be the Grandmother forcing Komi to introduce her to him, because it came right after she demanded her phone lol
Nov 24, 2021 3:45 PM

Sep 2018
when komi started tearing up and wrote that she didn’t want this summer break to end i also teared up a little since she’s finally had the chance to experience all those moments hanging out with her friends :’) she’s so wholesome

the sun is my enemy,
but the moon has
been good to me
Nov 24, 2021 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode, not only Komi Mama is top tier milf the whole Komi family is super funny, Yadano bits are always welcome and Nakanaka finally made a (brief) appearance, missed her a lot.
Nov 24, 2021 7:11 PM
Mar 2014
So some of family members have communication disorder but it's okay, they don't care as long you are good looking and healthy, 8eps with slow progress, i thought that cellphone moments was the starting line, but idk, why people love this anime so much?, of course illogical things is interesting but not at this level. Final score maybe 4/10
Nov 24, 2021 7:45 PM
Mar 2015
Komi has a great summer vacation
Nov 24, 2021 9:55 PM
Jul 2021
Where do people watch so fast? I mean I have to wait minimum 20 hrs to watch aired episode! ಠ︵ಠ
Nov 24, 2021 10:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
man, I might be the weird one but that narrator is a bit annoying repeating the same damn thing every beginning of the episode. It's episode 8 we get it JESUS

Also, Yamai is still doing a great job at ruining whatever scenes she pops in and the last few minutes were meh, just recapping what they did in the last few episodes during summer vacation..

Still had enjoyable moments tho, I really liked the family reunion at the beginning and when it was just the trio during the festival.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 24, 2021 10:09 PM

Oct 2017
The entire Komi family is so amusing, I like them all. Grandma knows what's she's talking about, she knows Komi san likes Tadano.

The summer festival part was fun, Komi san looked beautiful in yukata. I really liked the color page of Komi san in yukata back when I read the manga and after all this time glad to see it animated. Komi san x Tadano moments were sweet, thou she got shy and erased what she wrote.

Finally Hitomi chan meets Komi san and her reaction was hilarious. Also Najimi never change, he/she always amuse me.
Nov 24, 2021 10:13 PM
Apr 2021
Never bored every watch episode to episode, nice OLM studio to make adaptasion from manga to animenation 👍
Nov 24, 2021 10:17 PM
Feb 2021
Was I the only one who caught the little tonikawa ending theme in the short scene at Tanado’s house of him watching tv😎
Nov 24, 2021 11:59 PM

Sep 2011
Another good episode... This episode introduced us Komi's family and they are so strange like her :D We had the summer matsuri and the end of summer. This scene was so touching <3
Nov 25, 2021 1:01 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Some anime just have that tendency to put an episode that feels like it's the last episode of the season at, well, some place else than the end of the season lol. Good episode though, I enjoyed this one.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 25, 2021 2:12 AM

Jun 2020
Seeing Komi's family travel is a unique one and his brother noticed he's in the previous episodes, And I noticed she's wearing the dress that Tadano chose if I'm not mistaken

I do agree Komi looks so clean and beautiful in that Yukata of hers it fits her, Seeing them play games in the summer festival is comforting, And seeing Komi win like most of the time is comical

The look on Komi's face when she's all flustered it's freaking cute like I can't stop thinking about it, What if Tadano got a glimpse of it maybe he did.

Nov 25, 2021 2:22 AM
Sep 2021
I was literally caught off guard when the scene came where tadano siblings were watching the ending song on tv lmao, enjoyed it really good
Nov 25, 2021 2:30 AM
Feb 2018
arsfugal said:
So some of family members have communication disorder but it's okay, they don't care as long you are good looking and healthy, 8eps with slow progress, i thought that cellphone moments was the starting line, but idk, why people love this anime so much?, of course illogical things is interesting but not at this level. Final score maybe 4/10

Bcs why not loving komi? Hahaha
She is so adorable and her character development is so great
And dont forget CHADANO

Sorry i'm biased bcs i'm a manga reader hahaha
Nov 25, 2021 2:42 AM
May 2021
Wholesome episode 🥰
Nov 25, 2021 4:35 AM

Sep 2020
Another solid episode. Started off hatting Yamai chan in the first few episodes but she's changed quite a bit since then. Also, how does she get away with those sausage and banana jokes lmao.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 25, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2017
Celebrating the Obon Festival with Komi's eccentric family whose communication problem woes start from home.

Seeing Komi's extensive family of relatives, and everyone is alike in similar ways lols. The head of the Shouko Family that is their grandmother, Yuiko Shouko, she's a strict parent being concerned for her grandsons and granddaughters. Well, maybe except the fact that to bring up a relationship...haha I love Yuiko already.

Enough with the family, let's get straight to the Obon Festival! And dayum does Komi look pretty in her Yukata, but Najimi coming with her "Thousand of Invitation/Bookings" friends like an army battalion cracks me up, how can you not laugh at that? Tadano and Komi's alone "couple" time at the festival, and Yadano has to come in to break the flow. Man seriously, this girl's competitiveness never ends.

Katanuki is all the rage about Squid Game's "try not to break the candy" game done so much earlier, and Najimi is dead lols if he/she ever attempted one and Chadano would've won. Ren also joins in the fun, and Komi is their lucky star to win that PS5 though with ease, TOO EASY. Nakanaka makes a brief cameo also, and like Yadano they're weird lols.

Tadano's home is rife with Najimi, Komi and Ren (coming uninvited), and Tadano's sister Hitomi is a model sister. This Najimi never fails to make me laugh for not doing his/her homework lols.

Such a good time together, and Komi's feeling for Chadano are gaining even more! The expressions are on-point as usual.
Nov 25, 2021 5:30 AM
Oct 2016
Tadano not done with homework yet?
Didn't he finish his homework before the pool trip and was bored out of his mind like Komi?

As usual, side characters range from boring to annoying. They offer the same joke again and again which is meh.
Komi - Tadano - Najimi trio still makes it worth watching, now if they only didn't insert Yamai sometimes literally into the scene, that would be great.
Nov 25, 2021 5:45 AM

Feb 2014
Yamai was pretty funny in this episode, mostly for how dirty her mind is when she tried to get Komi to eat her sausage and chocolate banana on a stick. XD

The whole episode itself was, once again, very enjoyable. Komi's cousin was very cute with the way the two of them interacted with each other, although her grandma is rather intimidating when she found out she had Tadano's number on her phone.

Then came the summer festival and everyone had a fun time, aside from Najimi's woeful luck at the stall games. That was fun to watch. =3

Lastly, Komi finally visited Tadano's house, along with Najimi and Yamai. She also got to see his younger sister, Hitomi. Her interactions here was amusing, as was Najimi slacking off on the summer homework, the lazy, but lovable idiot.
Nov 25, 2021 6:32 AM

Mar 2021
Komi's parents are funny. I like how her dad and her uncle were just menacingly staring at eachother lol

Me when Komi and Tadano are alone: :)
Me when any other classmate except Najimi appears: :|

Also he let that psycho kidnapper Yamai into his house...

Nov 25, 2021 6:44 AM

Jun 2021
Was not that good imo
Everything is Garbage
except LoGH
Nov 25, 2021 6:54 AM
Nov 2019
najimi wouldnt last long in squid games
Nov 25, 2021 7:49 AM
May 2021
Love this beautiful episode but small detail, why komi wears dark purple yukata? It's kinda weird to show how beauty she is, could be better if it was light pink with yellow or gold pattern, like ya know it's night scene so it would be good if we make the outfit contrast
Nov 25, 2021 9:27 AM

Oct 2015
That stall old lady made me laugh so hard...I can't even...I even repeated that scene and still found it too funny!!!
Let there be light...
Nov 25, 2021 9:28 AM
Oct 2019
Najimi will instantly death on Squid Game lol

Senbokuji, i play that before when i'm in middle school, fcking scam
There is no way to win it like Komi did lmao

Yeahh Yamai, what's up with Hotdog and Banana?
She really want to see that.
Nov 25, 2021 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
Ok any saw That the PS5 was made by Dhoni? Proud Indian army moment
Nov 25, 2021 10:54 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Komi looked amazing in that yukata! We got to meet more of Komi's family. They all seem nice xD. Her uncle and her dad get along very well in silence and her grandma is very overprotective lol. Komi's nervousness allowed her to very well in candy cutting as well. Was pretty funny seeing her hand jitter like that perfectly. We got to hear Komi speak and she said that Tadano looked good in his clothes.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 25, 2021 11:06 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Quite a slow episode this week.

More of the Komi family met, and more summer memories made.
Nov 25, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2016
Hell yeah! More of Komi's family and we even got some really nice JoJo and Ashita no Joe references.

Another sweet episode. Komi x Tadano moments continue to be incredibly wholesome and I found Najimi particularly hilarious this time.
Nov 25, 2021 1:56 PM
Nov 2016
This weeks episode was beyond hilarious. The whole Komi family trip was pure gold from start to finish. Especially funny were the confused tombstone at the beginning and Najimi twitching next to Komi while failing the candy toothpick thingy again at the festival.
Nov 25, 2021 3:04 PM
Jun 2013
arsfugal said:

Bro, you give 10 or 9 for literally any mediocre/average thing you watch, you're not the right person to ask why people enjoy such a good anime like this one kkkk
Nov 25, 2021 4:12 PM
Feb 2021
So I looked through the manga... Did they skip a few chapters or volumes in episode 8?
Nov 25, 2021 4:12 PM

Aug 2020
Summer festival plus Komi-san in a Yukata. What a touching last scene.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 25, 2021 4:27 PM

Aug 2020
Komi visited her grandma, uncle and cousin, and they fit well to Komi's family standards xD

Shouko appeared in Yukata, a outfit I really wanted to see in her. Tadano said she was charming, and Komi felt the same but was nervous to say so. She is happy to have her friends with her, and wishes that the holidays won't end.

Tadano's sister, Hitomi, appeared hers. She is so cute ^____^

Let's wait for the next moments.

Nov 25, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Komi elegant at the festival she won a lot of things I'm happy, but anyway they are having these moments well outside of school I'm finding these types of things cool.
Nov 25, 2021 6:01 PM

Nov 2013
Just need christmas episode and you complete slice of life episodes bingo.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 25, 2021 8:11 PM
Nov 2019
Komi's mother is the only one in her family who can talk, so naturally she speaks enough for the whole family.

I can't be the only one who thought of Squid Game during the candy game right?
Nov 25, 2021 8:49 PM

Apr 2021
Well there were quite a few characters introduced in this episode.....firstly my boy Shosuke(We'll probably get to know more about him later)....and yeah Komi's Grandma and cousin too.....Aside from that the summer festival was really fun....And Komi looked really cute in that Yukata....This was a really good episode :D
Joel77Nov 25, 2021 9:31 PM
Nov 25, 2021 8:55 PM

May 2021
omg was that a fucking squid game reference

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

114 by drizzle-midnight »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

219 by LIAV001 »»
Apr 21, 1:10 AM

» Why are all characters so shallow? ( 1 2 )

Argonnant - Nov 3, 2021

51 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 16, 2:59 PM

» Not very comedic… ( 1 2 )

sailorday- - Mar 1, 2022

87 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 16, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

99 by Sanno12 »»
Jan 24, 4:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.