Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 8, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
wasnt sure about this at first with having the animal type characters and stuff but actually seems pretty interesting so i guess i'll see how it turns out
Apr 8, 2021 11:50 AM
Sep 2020
Anyone know how many episodes this will have?
Apr 8, 2021 7:34 PM
Feb 2019
This looks quite promising, I went into this without reading the synopsis and expecting it to be a silly slice-of-life due to the art style, but I was definitely wrong. The writing is witty and I really liked the atmosphere it built. I'm very curious to see where to plot goes cuz that walrus guy is very shady. The art style is unique, slightly more akin to Western cartoons. Anthropomorphic character designs seem to be trendy lately
Apr 8, 2021 9:29 PM
Jun 2017
I originally didn't want to see this anime after I watched the first trailer, but then I watched the other two and decided to give it an opportunity. And oh, boy, I'm sure as hell that I'll be watching the next episode. The plot has been interesting enough to get me hooked.

Even so, I can't help but feel uneasy about a little yet important detail: Where are the birds? Are there any birds in this story? How can you make a furry world without birds, taking into account they have 25x more individuals than us and virtually exceed the number of many other animals? As a bird fan, I'm severely offended by this.
Apr 8, 2021 9:59 PM
Mar 2015
That was quite a trip Very funny
Apr 9, 2021 4:57 AM

Dec 2013
Well that wasn't the show that I expected. There's a bigger mystery out there and it looks like taxi driver might be crazy or hiding something.
Apr 9, 2021 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit, this looks promising! So many people are sleeping on this anime.
Let me guess, most dislikes are by people who think "this anime is for furries"
Apr 9, 2021 8:53 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
That was an interesting first episode, I especially dig the opening with its relaxing vibes. I usually need a bit of time to get used to non-human characters, but it never felt out of place in this one. Maybe due to the art style?
Interested to see how this will turn out in the end.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Apr 9, 2021 8:54 AM
Sep 2018
Very impressive first showing. Despite its pretty basic art style, the way the show is directed is so grounded and immersive and the premise is also intetresting af.
Apr 9, 2021 7:42 PM

Sep 2011
I am so sold on the show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 10, 2021 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Serious vibes in the op. Knew nothing of this serious and just watched it on a whim, but what a great first episode. Plenty of world building, good introduction to characters, a bit of mystery and intrigue and an interesting art style. Looking forward to this in what is honestly a bit of a boring season for me so far
Apr 10, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
KittyFin said:
Is “Supernatural Love Phenomenon” by Mystery Kiss a real song? It was the song the girl group was singing at the beginning. It’s super catchy.

It is! It's composed by VaVa and performed by the VA's of Mystery Kiss. Suzuku Mimori (Rui) also sings the ED Sugarless Kiss.

You can listen to the full version of Supernatural Love Phenomenon here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESEhkci1KBE

The official OST will come out on May 19.
Apr 10, 2021 3:47 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
First episode was intriguing, looking forward to the rest.
Apr 10, 2021 4:12 PM
Mar 2021
boomrvoomer said:
KittyFin said:
Is “Supernatural Love Phenomenon” by Mystery Kiss a real song? It was the song the girl group was singing at the beginning. It’s super catchy.

It is! It's composed by VaVa and performed by the VA's of Mystery Kiss. Suzuku Mimori (Rui) also sings the ED Sugarless Kiss.

You can listen to the full version of Supernatural Love Phenomenon here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESEhkci1KBE

The official OST will come out on May 19.

Yesss, thank you for the info!
Apr 10, 2021 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Unique and suspenseful. I loved MC's voice acting and I could know why Natsuki Hanae is talented VA.
Apr 10, 2021 11:30 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Whoa. Okay. Was not expecting much out of this show. I am super intrigued by this. I will definitely be watching more. I love the character interactions. Love the designs. Those backgrounds make everything seem so safe and cute, but I like how they're kinda more of a mockery. It's kinda really great. I really like this.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Aug 2020
Didn't expect I'd want a murder mystery starring a grumpy old walrus, but this is actually a pretty great premise. I'm hooked.

Also I want to marry the alpaca nurse.
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Apr 10, 2021 11:39 PM

Apr 2011
Really interesting so far- the Alpaca is clearly smuggling drugs to the Baboon guy... so she's on the 'didn't commit the kidnapping/murder list' bc she's too obvious now.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 11, 2021 2:08 AM
Dec 2018
Super interesting first episode. I love the part of were the Taxi driver and the passenger had a conversation
5/5. That last part tho the policeman is cahoots with the criminal
Apr 11, 2021 2:37 PM
Feb 2019
Anyone else getting the feeling that all of the animal stuff is actually just in the MC’s head? It was hinted at the doctors office and when the nurse was in his cab, him calling the doctor a gorilla and the nurse an alpaca and they both laugh it off, but no one else ever mentions anything about animals. And the doctor saying he thinks Odokawa should go to a better hospital. I wonder if it’s actually some sort of coping mechanism? Anyway, loving the mystery so far and the sophistication. Excited to see what happens next!
honeykawaApr 11, 2021 9:30 PM
Apr 11, 2021 4:38 PM

Jan 2021
honeykawa said:
Anyone else getting the feeling that all of the animal stuff is actually just in the MC’s head? It was hinted at the doctors office and when the nurse was in his cab, him calling the doctor a gorilla and the nurse an alpaca and they both laugh it off, but no one ever mentions anything about animals. And the doctor saying he thinks Odokawa should go to a better hospital. I wonder if it’s actually some sort of coping mechanism? Anyway, loving the mystery so far and the sophistication. Excited to see what happens next!

huh, I never thought of that before. what you said actually makes sense!!
Apr 11, 2021 7:54 PM

Aug 2020
honeykawa said:
Anyone else getting the feeling that all of the animal stuff is actually just in the MC’s head? It was hinted at the doctors office and when the nurse was in his cab, him calling the doctor a gorilla and the nurse an alpaca and they both laugh it off, but no one ever mentions anything about animals. And the doctor saying he thinks Odokawa should go to a better hospital. I wonder if it’s actually some sort of coping mechanism? Anyway, loving the mystery so far and the sophistication. Excited to see what happens next!

His flashbacks do appear to have human characters in them, not animals. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Apr 12, 2021 6:12 AM
Jul 2019
If you watch the music video of the opening in Ponycanyon's channel. You will actually get to see it is implied that the walrus psychological condition makes him see animals instead of humans
Apr 12, 2021 8:37 AM
Sep 2016
This was surprisingly good, I also didn't expect this much criticism towards some of society's problems, which obviously also apply to the real one. It's a bit too early for that, but it could be the best anime of the season imo, let's see.
Apr 12, 2021 8:51 AM

Feb 2021
op is the chillest thing i've ever heard, ed is a banger, the story is pretty good and odokawa is the most based walrus i have ever seen.
My favourite seasonal rn.
Apr 12, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2020
BeasTaxi Driver. I like it.
Apr 12, 2021 3:18 PM

Jul 2016
For me the best part about watching anime is to stumble upon gems like this show. Unique art style, intriguing plot, un-cliché characters, not set in high-school: this ticks all the boxes for me.
Apr 12, 2021 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect this one in a long time since there was an anime about anime in Season, odokawa and very serious, that monkey is very mysterious.
Apr 13, 2021 6:23 AM
Mar 2012
Tho weird design, quite refreshing sense of humor with great dialogue.
Walrus the hater lol, and hippo was so rudely weird, tho surprisingly he ends up sort of friends with everyone so far.
Dog & dobu definitely onto something. Lots of cool mystery bits, but can take awhile to form a detective story.
Good music so far.
Apr 13, 2021 6:39 AM

Jan 2021
So far I really like this show. I can't wait to see what happens next and it also kinda reminds me of BNA especially the OP
Apr 13, 2021 9:35 AM
Oct 2012
More furry waifus? AOTD
Apr 13, 2021 10:57 AM

Nov 2012
Such a good piece to find in this season, looking forward to it

My Candies:

Apr 13, 2021 7:42 PM

Feb 2018
It's like a dialogue driven cross between Aggretsuko and Bojack Horseman, I was honestly sold from the PV.
Apr 14, 2021 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
Other than the villain(?) looking like Mojo Jojo this was cool.
Apr 15, 2021 5:49 PM
Feb 2020
It’s good. The music, from the osts, to the op, to the insert song was incredible and will definitely keep me around if all else fails. The animation is pretty good, I like the vibe it gives off. Not a big fan of the character designs, but that’s fine. The dialogue had a really good feel to it, and I hope it keeps up. The story has a good, mysterious, start, feels like durarara. Overall pretty good, and I’ll probably keep watching.
Apr 16, 2021 7:14 AM

Dec 2018
Damn, did not expect this anime to be this much interesting :0
Apr 18, 2021 10:27 AM
May 2020
damn, quite the episode. its feeling like a thriller as if something big is gonna happen. but the mundane talks between characters really make light of the society that we're witnessing
Apr 19, 2021 8:20 AM
Apr 2019
Finally decided to give this show a try, and I was not disappointed. Seems to be an intriguing mystery, I have many questions. I hope this ends up being good. Only gripe with it is that the dialogue feels weird and unnatural at times, though I like the deadpan humor of the main character
Apr 20, 2021 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
Had a vibe that hits just right. Really looking forward to more now.
Apr 20, 2021 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting first episode. Felt a bit similar to Durarara - with a city and different chars. The thing with the animals is similar to Retsuko. (But for me it feels more like Duararara.)

I guess the alpaka nurse is the one who steals medicine - and she probably makes money from selling it and that is why she can afford to drive home with a taxi. :D
Apr 20, 2021 2:08 PM

Oct 2019
Okay, this along with first episode of Fumetsu no Anata e is the best first ep I've seen in a long long time. I went into it expecting not to really like it ever since I wasn't able to finish Beasters but this first episode just blew me away. I loved everything about it from the art style to the comedy. Also, really dig the MC's voice actor, never would have guessed it's the guy who voiced Tanjirou.

Also why do I have the feeling this is actually taking place in our human world, but the thing that's 'weird' with the MC is that he sees everyone including himself as an animal?
Apr 24, 2021 5:05 PM

Nov 2012
Damn that was a good first episode, love me some cute alpaca
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
May 16, 2021 3:18 AM

Aug 2018
When I saw the trailer and the synopsis it caught my attention, and after watching the 1st chapter it left me very intrigued, it's interesting. Let's see what will happen. The opening is very good and the ending too.
May 20, 2021 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
Loved everything about this anime, got in "late" but will definitely catch up.
Jun 1, 2021 3:14 PM

Apr 2018
The humor is spot on, I watched first ep when it aired but forgot to continue xD.
Our male MC seems like a dead person who likes to make funny jokes (even tho that's not really what he wants to do)
Suspected for kidnapping a girl. The dog police workin with the Thug monke..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 6, 2021 2:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm it's actually really interesting so far, I like that whole mystery ambiance
Jun 13, 2021 10:00 PM

Oct 2017
Quite interesting premise with a unique setting. The mystery's building up quite nicely from the get go. Already quite excited to see how things will turn out.
Jun 16, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2010
Very interesting premise, kinda reminds me of Durarara but animals.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 23, 2021 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
First thing that become very apparent while watching this is the witty dialogue. It's very humorous, sarcastic and natural feeling, feels like a Tarantino film.

The two corrupt cops mentioned Odokawa ain't to be trusted and a big liar. You could dismiss said commentary since they are corrupt cops, but for all we know they could be telling the truth, Odakawa could very well be an unreliable narrator.

They showed a small glimpse about why Odakawa become a taxi driver, but at the current moment it's hard to make out the accident.

The nurse was smuggling drugs for the delinquent.

Odakawa was talking to someone in his apartment. The implication makes it seem like Odokawa is hiding the missing girl, but I think it's a red herring. The scene seemed like he was talking to a ghost or something. Dead relative?

That little action figure of the rakugo performer might be a MacGuffin for later on in the series. No way they showed and focus on it for it to not be important. Like in cinema, nothing shown on screen is without reason.

Wonder why the corrupt brothers are working with the delinquent? Money might not be the sole reason.

Jun 23, 2021 10:30 PM

Jul 2019
It captivated me from the get-go. Holy crap, this one surprised me, ngl. It's presentation of visual art style does nothing but facilitates the writing!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

88 by Lanz »»
Yesterday, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2021

84 by KonokoAsada »»
May 18, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

391 by Ferrukz »»
May 8, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.