Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2019 5:41 PM
Nov 2018
Nurguburu said:
I think that it's hard to get used to this type of comedy but I will try to like it.

Anyway, a bit better than the first episode.

And this guy does the same thing once again - hurries like hell to be the first to post, and he does it with a completely generic comment that could be used for anything. Since he didn't actually watch the episode before getting his comment in, so he couldn't post about specifics. But anyone who has read the manga or simply watched the first episode knows there's humor in the story, so that's easy.

It's like a drug for you, right, Nurgu? To be the first! To be SEEN! Maybe you should work on doing other things you can be proud of. This way isn't healthy.
Jul 12, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode! Tsukasa is beast!

Some people shouldn’t be brought back. But not everyone deserves to just die.
Jul 12, 2019 5:50 PM
Nov 2018
papsoshea said:
Tarzan is revived, he runs faster than giant wild boars and can one shot lions lol this is a series that requires a larger than a normal suspension of disbelief, even for a shounen sci-fi - still will give the show time to answer a lot of glaring questions but I do feel most won't. But still, it is fun, goofy, and the ideas it is presenting are intriguing.

Well, there are many unrealistic things in the anime. People being turned to stone. People surviving while being turned to stone. Being able to count every second. Being able to stay awake for thousands of years encased in stone without going blind. Remembering an enormous amount of science.

Even being able to build such high-quality buildings is a pretty awesome task for two teenagers. Without any other tools than what they can piece together on their own.

But it's an anime about the joy of inventing things from scratch, while also having a task to complete that means you can't be slow. If the buildings look too solid, if a guy is too strong, those are of little consequence from that angle. There's one purpose and one purpose only, and it's a really interesting purpose, so we need to just run with the rest.

It'd be boring if the killer wasn't strong enough to be a very serious threat all on his own, or if we had to watch them try for a long time to put things together over and over again until it was finally right. Think of it as ... art, if you will. Art doesn't have to be completely realistic. And it is often exaggerated for effect.
Jul 12, 2019 5:56 PM
Nov 2018
deg said:
ye in terms of generation gap and ageism it happens in real life too like the old generation like the boomers always criticize the millenials but little they know their past (government) decisions has fuck up the future for the millenials anyway but nah its simply easy to say that the millenials and young people are just lazy and snowflakes

Dude, millennials ARE snowflakes. Just gonna go with the articles I bookmarked with "millennial" in the title: Most millennials think George Bush killed more people than Stalin. (Also, why don't they say "Obama" for that one, the only president to keep a war going from before his eight years in office to after leaving office?) That disqualifies the generation from being taken seriously, right there. U.S. millennials lag behind people of the same age in other OECD countries in tech skills tests. Millennials have more mental issues than ever before and have a greater sense of entitlement.

Not that I'm particularly fond of boomers either - the only generation raised on television-without-internet. That's not healthy.

When Senku gets around to inventing television, he should just skip it.
Jul 12, 2019 6:08 PM
Mar 2019
TMS is doing this and fruits basket so much justice with adapting! Im falling in love with this studio

Yes and TMS ruined baki
Jul 12, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
I'm really liking this anime so far, it's quite interesting.

Tsukasa is a badass! Although I really don't understand how not bringing back old people is gonna make a better society. What makes him think that young people are any better?
I do agree that shitty people should not be brought back but... how are you supposed to know who's good and who's bad before reviving them?

But anyway, nice episode!

Hatsuyuki said:
definitely the same energy

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
Kars Bucciarati confirmed.
Jul 12, 2019 6:11 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
This is the moment that really solified Dr. Stone for me. The premise drew me in but philsopihical conflict of morals on what should society be if you had the power to shape it. This episode also highlights what I love about Seku. He's a genius science man but at heart he's just a super nerd who loves tech, Sci fi, and science more than anything. I may not be as smart as Senku but I can totally get behind the mindset of bringing back civilization so I can get my cool modern stuff back.

Only complaint is in the manga Seknu's plea to Taiju not to sacrifice himself was not just a rational argument. He didn't want to see his friend die. One the earliest moments of Senku's emtional side. At least that's what his expression looked like to me.

Jul 12, 2019 6:20 PM
Mar 2019
i think i'm the only one that hate boichi art,specially how he draws girls

The girls who draw boichi in Dr. Stone make them look more shonen, but in Sun Ken Rock you draw them well.
Jul 12, 2019 6:27 PM
Mar 2019
Mariothedog said:
Hopefully Yuzuriha gets revived next episode

Hope not. Let her be a goal for taiju cause otherwise he is pretty pointless

Yuzuriha and many of the characters you saw in the opening have a function, so no one is useless
Jul 12, 2019 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
I'm starting to like this show ALOT.
Jul 12, 2019 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
dannymilk said:
i like that Tarzan boy's hair looks like Illuso's lol

He looks like a Castlevania character or something.
Jul 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
Hegar said:
deg said:
ye in terms of generation gap and ageism it happens in real life too like the old generation like the boomers always criticize the millenials but little they know their past (government) decisions has fuck up the future for the millenials anyway but nah its simply easy to say that the millenials and young people are just lazy and snowflakes

Dude, millennials ARE snowflakes. Just gonna go with the articles I bookmarked with "millennial" in the title: Most millennials think George Bush killed more people than Stalin. (Also, why don't they say "Obama" for that one, the only president to keep a war going from before his eight years in office to after leaving office?) That disqualifies the generation from being taken seriously, right there. U.S. millennials lag behind people of the same age in other OECD countries in tech skills tests. Millennials have more mental issues than ever before and have a greater sense of entitlement.

Not that I'm particularly fond of boomers either - the only generation raised on television-without-internet. That's not healthy.

meh all/most of what you said comes down to economic factors brought mainly by automation and globalization
- stagnant real wages for decades now, in the boomers days they can have a decent life and even have a family with just minimum wage
- jobs today usually requires more skill especially mental effort unlike in the boomers days when factory work is common and mostly just about physical effort, so no wonder mental health problems is more common today
- education is much harder today and because of global competition on the job market then a lot of young people are mentally stressed to always perform at their best or the competition will defeat them
- gig economy is rising that means more temporary jobs with no workers benefits so mentally stressed again
- immigrants are taking our jobs! and they also making wages more cheap! so you got a lot of rignt wing like alt-right fans that way
- social mobility or the american dream is dead considering new wealth only goes to the top most of the time and barely enough circulate to the greater economy (wealth/income/economic inequality is on the rise)

so to simply say this generation just want more entitlement is missing the point that they are just asking for more (government) help like free them at least with college debt, make free healthcare, etc just by taxing the rich and their automation (robots/AI)

also incels wanting entitlement for sex is also rising but its simply because this people usually have low market value (ex. low job market value and low sexual/romantic market value)

Shishio mentions that old people owns a lot of properties and demand more from the young like pay their taxes, etc reflects the current capitalism (close to unregulated) that a lot of capitalists own a lot of properties and they are usually old and rich (related to wealth/income/economic inequality again that is happening in the real world too)
Jul 12, 2019 6:43 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Glad to see the production remains strong and the art is just beautiful to look at.

Tsukasa is the kind of guy you initially like but then you start becoming wary of as the episode progresses because he seems suspicious somehow. xD

Senkuu is just a badass with the way he delivers his lines. XD
Jul 12, 2019 6:48 PM

Oct 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Glad to see the production remains strong and the art is just beautiful to look at.

I know right? Those landscapes are simply beautiful.
Jul 12, 2019 6:49 PM
Mar 2019
It is not uncommon to see a shonen with comedy, as it is obviously dedicated to teenagers from 11 to 20 years, and most of them like it a lot, this happened to me with the Chainsawman manga, it seemed a serious story with something Gore. . But it was the opposite adding comedy somewhat exaggerated and worse than Kimetsu and Dr. Stone, but I still loved it, well, they all have a different flavor.
Well, world building is really interesting. I like that. Seems like Senku revived Kars lol, Probably he felt from space just when this "Stoning" stuff happened XD. Now for real, it seems like Tsukasa is indeed a dangerous being.

I'm still not buying that forced comedy with overly exaggerated faces, its the same as Kimetsu no Yaiba (Although the latter is starting to get better on that regard)

3.5/5

It is not uncommon to see a shonen with comedy, as it is obviously dedicated to teenagers from 11 to 20 years, and most of them like it a lot, this happened to me with the Chainsawman manga, it seemed a serious story with something Gore. . But it was the opposite adding comedy somewhat exaggerated and worse than Kimetsu and Dr. Stone, but I still loved it, well, they all have a different flavor.
Jul 12, 2019 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
Tsukasa kind of breaks the immersion of the show with how superhuman he is. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond that unless they're gonna go with a 'the stone/light gave everyone superpowers' card.
Jul 12, 2019 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is just neat, its funny, its plot driven. SOAP, keep them pits clean.
Jul 12, 2019 7:22 PM

Sep 2012
I'm glad the hunter introduced some ideological conflict at the end of the episode; For a while I was afraid that every person they revive would be perfectly compliant and not cause any problems. I'm still loving all the science that Senku is laying down!
Jul 12, 2019 7:35 PM

Apr 2018
When Tsuksa started talking about "da reech n pwerful" I was afraid that this anime would turn into some leftist anarcho-communist propaganda. I was relieved when Senkuu disagreed with him. It seems like Tsukasa's ideology was only put in there to cause conflict and drama, which is fine. I just didn't want this otherwise cool concept for a story to just be more leftist political messages shoved down our throats. Aside from that, this was a great second episode! It moved a bit slower than the first, but I guess that's to be expected. I did find it kind of annoying how they unsubtley kept foreshadowing that Tsukasa might have an ulterior motive. They made it too obvious that Tsukasa was hiding something.
Jul 12, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 2014
This episode was interesting but it felt boring.
Jul 12, 2019 7:38 PM

Oct 2015
Tsukasa makes a promising antagonist. I don't see him becoming a lone wolf soon so the conflict will always be there. I think someone's going to bring up that just as the shells don't belong to anybody, the lives of the petrified people don't belong to anybody but themselves. There probably will be a major conflict once they realise they can't progress any further without the help of adults.
Jul 12, 2019 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
a masculine strong fighter from Baki comes out of nowhere in an educational anime.
Jul 12, 2019 8:07 PM

Apr 2018
I came back with this meme. Not mine.
Jul 12, 2019 8:10 PM

Oct 2015
I agree with Senku, everybody needs to be brought in to the modern civilization otherwise the world would be boring and won't balance. We need villains to grow mentally and physically as humans, just like you need bullies in school to prepare you for the real world!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 12, 2019 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
otakode said:

err that is not what the usual communism that people hates where there is too much government authority and its not even the new brand of communism (the Marx version) that is all about stateless (no government) communism but full of advance technology and even have the meme "Fully Automated Luxury Communism"

Jul 12, 2019 8:58 PM
Jan 2019
did they gain any power after petrification? The strength of this new character is far beyond human capacity. I was hoping that this anime would keep the physical abilities of the human being at a realistic level.
Jul 12, 2019 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode!
This new guy is a beast, i wonder if he has some secondary intentions or no.

So interesting to see them building everything from scratch.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 12, 2019 9:23 PM

Aug 2017
Hegar said:
Nurguburu said:
I think that it's hard to get used to this type of comedy but I will try to like it.

Anyway, a bit better than the first episode.

And this guy does the same thing once again - hurries like hell to be the first to post, and he does it with a completely generic comment that could be used for anything. Since he didn't actually watch the episode before getting his comment in, so he couldn't post about specifics. But anyone who has read the manga or simply watched the first episode knows there's humor in the story, so that's easy.

It's like a drug for you, right, Nurgu? To be the first! To be SEEN! Maybe you should work on doing other things you can be proud of. This way isn't healthy.

Reported for harressment buddy.
NurguburuJul 12, 2019 9:27 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 12, 2019 9:27 PM

Jun 2013
the dude killed a lion what the fuck?! also i like the ED
Jul 12, 2019 9:29 PM
Aug 2017
Tarzan boi hella Op, i mean i kinda agree with him but Senkuu dont give a fook lmao
Jul 12, 2019 9:40 PM
Oct 2014
AnimeJunky said:
I sort of agree with Tsukasa. Certain people do not need to be brought back.
and senku doesn’t seem like the type of guy to care about others. Thought he would agree but it’s good he showed some backbone. Also chooses who gets to be revived might create a hierarchy. Perhaps even slaves idk. Just hypothetic scenarios I thought up
q1w2e3r4t5Jul 12, 2019 10:08 PM
Jul 12, 2019 10:04 PM
Oct 2014
otakode said:
When Tsuksa started talking about "da reech n pwerful" I was afraid that this anime would turn into some leftist anarcho-communist propaganda. I was relieved when Senkuu disagreed with him. It seems like Tsukasa's ideology was only put in there to cause conflict and drama, which is fine. I just didn't want this otherwise cool concept for a story to just be more leftist political messages shoved down our throats. Aside from that, this was a great second episode! It moved a bit slower than the first, but I guess that's to be expected. I did find it kind of annoying how they unsubtley kept foreshadowing that Tsukasa might have an ulterior motive. They made it too obvious that Tsukasa was hiding something.
that’s the point. From the beginning, we were made to be wary of him. Also his ideology definitely suits him. If you think for a bit, you’ll know that if he gets to choose who to revive he’ll be like a king since the people that are brought back will be indebted to him.
Jul 12, 2019 10:25 PM

Apr 2018
Damn the interaction between Senku and Tsukasa was pretty chilling. This episode was pretty fun, too bad Taiju didn't get to revive Yuzuriha. The ED is pretty chill as well.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jul 12, 2019 10:50 PM
Jun 2014
I actually agree with tsukasa, bringing trash back to life isn't really a smart thing to do, just they should carefully choose who to bring back. Especially in this world it's too dangerous to let ppl free, everyone more prone to corrupt and chaos will happen and war might begin
lKinolJul 12, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 12, 2019 10:50 PM

Apr 2017
so now we have tarzan, dexter (dexter's laboratory dexter), and ross as the only humans in the world trying to revive humanity and civilization. i fucking love it.

tsukasa is a super interesting guy - the second he opened his eyes he was calm and collected and took care of business, and even used the meat after he killed the lions. the man's a madlad, i tell ya. a definite contender for best boy along with senku and taiju.

i can't get enough of the science of the show - i had no idea how to make soap or what calcium carbonate really does, and it makes me realize maybe i don't know as much about our world as i think i do. it's great to be able to watch a great show and get some knowledge in the process.
Jul 12, 2019 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
Okay, I'm just gonna ignore the fact of seeing a mere... student?... killing a fucking lion of a single blow.

Anyways, OK episode overall. I have to admit Tsukasa has a point there but his ideology seems pretty basic so far. That said, let's see if the next episode can give us more insight into this plan of his.

By the way, this is just nitpicking but how is it possible for Yuzuriha's "statue" to show her being naked when she was dressed at the moment of the fossilization? So far, it looks like an excuse to justify fanservice but I wonder if it actually has a reason to be...
Jul 12, 2019 11:19 PM

Jun 2014
I'm loving the cheesiness of this show. It's got a ton of energy for what could have otherwise been a boring slowburn exposition-fest.

I do wonder what'll happen if they try to revive a "Normal" person. Who's mind fell apart after 3,700 years of silence and darkness.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 12, 2019 11:38 PM

Jun 2015
Am I just not getting something? From what I've seen so far it seems that besides the unique and interesting premise of the story the actual anime in't reaally that good. It's supposed to be one of the new Top stories alongside The Promised Neverland but this nowhere as good as PNL. Is it just not my type of show or am i missing something crucial? Is it a bad adaptation?
Read Toriko!
Jul 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
Swagernator said:
That new Tarzan-kun ... i like his way of thinking.

Me too, however I kinda feel a little bit of hostility from him. I guess he would be eventually an enemy to Senku.

Jul 13, 2019 12:11 AM
Feb 2017
I'm really liking how Shishio is going to be an antagonist but for a reason that is somewhat justifiable. Besides that, he's literally the Tarzan of Dr. Stone. Brute force vs Brains, this will be an interesting story as it goes along. Waiting every week for this show is going to be such a pain.

phantom346 said:
Is it just not my type of show

Just you.
Jul 13, 2019 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
otakode said:

Uhhh, Shishio is going for an ancap paradise if you didn't notice.
Jul 13, 2019 12:40 AM

Jan 2012
Sooo... new guy killed the lion with only one punch... how can he even be so overpowered. Then he punched a boulder and somehow the stone woman inside didn't break into pieces alongside the boulder.
Jul 13, 2019 12:56 AM

Apr 2015
Hegar said:
deg said:

spoken like a true Boomer. not that it's surprising.

who invented divorce?
who invented marital rape?
who invented anti child labor?
who invented participation trophies?
who invented the arbitrary "18" as legal age?
who invented women's rights?
who invented children's rights?
who didn't invented men's rights?

as long as women have rights, men have no incentive to get married. unless you're blue pilled
as long as children have rights, men have no incentive to having kids. unless you're blue pilled
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jul 13, 2019 1:03 AM

Apr 2015
otakode said:

I'm actually more angry at Senku. for someone so smart why can't he understand nor empathize with Shishio's dissent towards greedy adults? and oh what's that, he wants to revive EVERYONE? doesn't he realize he's willing to revive bad apples there, and he's supposed to be smart?

he's an egalitarian idiot. and blue pilled as fuck at that.

Jul 13, 2019 1:11 AM

Apr 2015
lihle808 said:
I agree with Senku, everybody needs to be brought in to the modern civilization otherwise the world would be boring and won't balance. We need villains to grow mentally and physically as humans, just like you need bullies in school to prepare you for the real world!

spoken like a true cancer leeching off from the rich and productive. how about you feed me in the entirety of my life until I eat you alive? oh what's that, you don't want that happening to you? guess what, NOBODY wants a cancer leech like you!

Jul 13, 2019 1:35 AM

Aug 2012
kidlat020 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Really good episode , the methods to use shells are usable in real life and I kinda agree with the new guy pov. Bringing the adults back is a good idea. Trouble is you cannot decide which is worth bringing back and which not by yourself. Also can you guess the four use of calcium carbonate?
Based on the reaction is used for weapons, apparently in blast furnaces

I'm leaning more on gunpowder or something explosives.
I thought that myself but I searched the components for gunpowder and other explosives and it seems the blast furnance is the most close to weapons.
Jul 13, 2019 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
Tsukasa seemed like a villain at the first glance but actually I would agree with the idea of not ​​reviving everyone.

I hope they will agree on something in next episodes. The three of them are fundamental to bring back the civilization.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 13, 2019 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
For those who agree with Tsukasa's point of view, I'd ask you a simple question.

Do you think this Dr. Stone anime or most of the other great anime are made by a bunch of high schoolers?

Do you think the fact you can use internet, browsing website, typing in Mal right now, playing games, enjoying computer and technology is because a bunch of high schoolers made these for you?

Children and youngster got those foundation for granted from those who layed out the foundation for them => older people who live a longer life than you.

Tsukasa's point of you is biased, childish and edgy.
It's like those chunni kids who think everything is other people's fault, and the world is revolved around them.
Bad people and good people can be of any age, any gender.
Also eventually young people would grow up into older people too and become just like them. Are they going to kill themselves then?

Dr. Stone himself is well aware of all these. The reason why he's so knowledgeable is also because he learned all those knowledge from all the information and foundation laid from other older people. He didn't come up all these scientific stuffs from his own.
Ventus_SJul 13, 2019 2:51 AM
Jul 13, 2019 3:51 AM

May 2010
Starjun, is that you?
Jul 13, 2019 4:10 AM

Nov 2017
Nim0174 said:
I am so on the Tsukasa Boat
but antagonists never win the long run. Sigh.
They either become good guys or they die.

Same thing here, I don't see anything wrong with Tsukasa's way of thinking thus far, but I bet they'll find a way to make him unlikable soon enough.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

487 by Mat2468xk »»
May 24, 12:47 PM

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
May 19, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.