Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2019 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
Well out of all the opening episodes this season this show grabbed my attention the most. love the OP, and the fairy designs are wicked! Sure it might of seemed like a bit too much was crammed into the first episode but curious to see where this goes now.
Apr 7, 2019 6:17 PM

Mar 2015
Very good first episode. The characters, background and music were excellent. When Free was running I appreciated that he wasn't leaning w-a-a-a-y forward (I hate that common anime device). They have lain the groundwork for some good characters and I hope they develop well. The only thing off was the end card with Marlya: her lower half looked like it was shrunk, but that fortunately has nothing really to do with the story.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 7, 2019 6:21 PM
Oct 2016
Not impressed so far, but at least it’s not the worst thing I’ve seen this season. I’ll give it 3 episodes I guess (more than I’m doing for several other shows to air in the last few days). Fairy CGI is distracting, though not terrible I’d say. Characters don’t seem that interesting, and their actions don’t make sense. Like how the government dude just sort of goes “you just helped the criminal I was chasing escape. Here, have a job in law enforcement”
Apr 7, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2017
The pacing was a complete mess. Honestly, overall the whole episode was a complete mess. None of it really sat well with me. They failed at the emotional build up, they failed at the main character and they failed at Veronica. They failed at making anyone care about anything. I think the guy was done alright, nothing special but at least they didn't fail him. The action was good and the show looks good. Hopefully with time the show fixes itself because it had a rough start but I think we will still be able to grow attached to the characters if the show does alright from now on.
Apr 7, 2019 6:59 PM

Sep 2018
OP was awesome.
First episode is all it needed to be; looking forward to continuing it.
ED was nice too!
Apr 7, 2019 7:05 PM

Jan 2015
Giving me Witch Hunter Robin vibes... I dig it.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 7, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2018
Nice action and fighting battle.
Apr 7, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2017
hmm this was an interesting one.
To start, the OP was flames! definitely got me ready to watch the show. But as soon as it started I realized that something about the art direction wasnt working for me. I thought the production qualtiy picked up when the fighting scenss took place so thats an eh overall. The music selected for the soundtracks was amazing and more than made up for the faults I found in the beginning. The end of the show was alright. Definitely not as strong as an opening I had hoped for, however, I am still looking forward to the second episode
Apr 7, 2019 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
was looking forward to this due to P.A works but it left much to desire maybe it'd turn out alright or just be a another jaeger of sirius

and if it's a bust i hope P.A goes back to what their good at pretty slice of lifes/ romances
Apr 7, 2019 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good episode, the story has potential imo. This ep raised many questions. Also why Marlya is obsessed with Ver. Hopefully these will be answered at the end. Has similar vibe to Sirius the Jaeger I suppose
Apr 7, 2019 7:38 PM

Mar 2016
Op looked nice.

I thought this would be another Asuka. Thank God it wasn't.

The episode was interesting in a way. I think this will become quite bad by the end of the season, but I hope this stays watchable as long as possible.
Apr 7, 2019 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
I stopped watching after seeing the CGI in the opening song.
Apr 7, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
I like the initial premise and am curious to learn more about the fairies. Also, why is Marlya now working for Jesus Christ? Are fairies the key to the rapture?

The CGI fairy fights looked lame and I really despise the edgy music soundtrack.
Apr 7, 2019 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
Such a waste of an animation, this opening episode sucked and that was a bullshit encounter. It tries that stand' route from Jojo, the female MC is wack AF hate the bitch already.

I foresee this as a bad anime, that is so fake but had a potential to be good at the end of the season. So disappointed because I was eager for this, wish I didn't plan to watch this shit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 7, 2019 8:47 PM
Dec 2018
Albi-kun said:
I stopped watching after seeing the CGI in the opening song.
that cgi bothers you..
Apr 7, 2019 9:05 PM
Dec 2018
lihle808 said:
Such a waste of an animation, this opening episode sucked and that was a bullshit encounter. It tries that stand' route from Jojo, the female MC is wack AF hate the bitch already.

I foresee this as a bad anime, that is so fake but had a potential to be good at the end of the season. So disappointed because I was eager for this, wish I didn't plan to watch this shit.
because that director of this show is also director of jojo star crusader.. nah.. this anime has potential.. trust this director who direct hellsing ultimate, drifters, jojo star dust crusaders..
Apr 7, 2019 9:14 PM

Aug 2015
EMMMM,, Its oke for episode 1,
Apr 7, 2019 10:19 PM
Jan 2019
Well, sincerely, being a work of P.A. Works I will continue to see it. I liked the first chapter. Everything is great until the "fairies, why they had to animate the fairies with CGI? It's the only thing I did not like, it took away some of the magic to the animation 😅. But, well, it's an interesting story.
Apr 7, 2019 10:31 PM

Apr 2016
I thought I was watching a chinese anime coz the artstyle was somewhat weird. XD

And the fairies though... they sure don't look fairy-like.
The guy's fairy looks like Verg Avesta from FGO.
Ver's fairy looks like a Level 3 Akuma from D.Gray-Man.
And the main girl's fairy... is freakin' ugly! It's so jarring to look at.

Not a fan of the story.
The first episode felt boring to me, especially the first few minutes. I almost fell a asleep with the lame narrative.
I hope this gets good though coz I have a policy of not dropping anime anymore. :v
Apr 7, 2019 10:56 PM

Oct 2015
Plot seems generic and uninspired, but I like the setting and character designs, and the action was actually pretty decent. I'll give it a chance.
Apr 7, 2019 11:02 PM

Jan 2017
I thought the first episode wasn't the strongest way to open a series but was still okay. I'm loving the OST and the art is nice, the most worrying thing about the episode for me was Mariya as a character and the motivation behind her actions. Hopefully as the story unfolds things get better!
Apr 7, 2019 11:19 PM

Apr 2016
1idd0kun said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
As many noticed, the writing is bad.

You can't really tell if the writing is bad from just one episode.

then call it the directing.
Apr 7, 2019 11:20 PM

Dec 2018
Surprised to see a potential future lesbian couple in this anime

Mariya love her friend and are ready to fight so they can be together , i love that shit =) this anime have great Yuri potential

Underbar, Free. should die!! fast!! he is in the way for the girls,,,, and there for he needs to be removed from the anime .Definitely going to watch the next episode
Apr 7, 2019 11:36 PM
Jan 2018
Their power just like summoner... I will watch till end then...
Apr 7, 2019 11:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice character designs and I like the setting, but the story/script felt rushed and all over the place. Still interesting enough to merit more watching.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 7, 2019 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
This was horrendous. A completely vapid and empty first episode. I didn't care about a single thing that was happening.
Apr 7, 2019 11:56 PM
Jan 2016
My impressions from the trailers was Maria was already a fairy soldier or former military, not some penniless orphan who somehow joined the mafia and somehow was good enough with a rifle to become a guard instead of being forced into prostitution (unless the mafia that respects women's choices and gender equality? Then she's just being a bit of an ass for not caring how her colleagues died and ditching them the second she's threatened with an arrest) and somehow gained control of a fairy in a non-standard way in the first episode.

I wouldn't say it's bad, but hopefully it needs to improve now that they've gotten all of the world building exposition and awkward character introductions out of the way.
Apr 8, 2019 12:10 AM
Oct 2015
X3MReaper said:
A very interesting Anime so far
loved hearing the same band who did the opening for the GATE anime doing this opening

The animation looks good , was very worried the monsters...or "fairies" would be horribly CGI'd but I was wrong ...thankfully.

Now to see if the story lives up to everything else.

lol no This is (K)now Name and Gate openings were straight Akeboshi Rockets and Kishida Kyoudan
Apr 8, 2019 12:16 AM

May 2015
Mariya has a nice design...

PERSONA!

"I am thou, and thou art I. From the sea of thy soul I come forth."

So hurting the fairies hurts their hosts too...

"Wolf Collar and Swan Feathers." Hmm...are those the names of Free and Mariya's fairies respectively?

Mariya joins Free of the Dorothea squadron to find her long lost friend who is hunting down the man that burned their village...

There's plenty of detail in the backgrounds, and I like the setting, but the overall presentation of this pilot episode felt odd. Maybe it was how the characters were introduced or the writing in general. The action scenes felt odd too not because of the fairies being CGI but more like how the animation itself didn't seem to...flow very well. I can't really explain it, but all I can say is that this episode overall feels off. Hopefully it does better in the future episodes.
TarotistApr 8, 2019 12:29 AM
Apr 8, 2019 12:16 AM
Dec 2018
Ataccot said:
Plot seems generic and uninspired, but I like the setting and character designs, and the action was actually pretty decent. I'll give it a chance.
lol.. the story has not real start.. this episode more on introduction of main characters as well as the fairies.. dont jump on the conclusion.
Apr 8, 2019 12:20 AM

May 2011
I liked the first episode.I hope this anime continues with similar quality as the first ep.
''I was dead serious''

Apr 8, 2019 12:20 AM
Oct 2015
OK first epi felt kinda alll over the place and alot if things happened in one epi gives me a sirius vibe (which i hate) and an ajin vibe too (which i loved) story looks very basic too
Apr 8, 2019 12:22 AM
Oct 2015
GreenEmu said:
phantomfandom said:
Ajin prequel?
Anyway, look like we'll get both FemaleXFemale and MaleXMale couple from this anime

Genuinely curious as to how you came to this conclusion. Because I saw absolutely nothing hinting at either one.

the fairies are very similar to the IBM (not sure if that was their name) and they both made of CG
Apr 8, 2019 12:27 AM
Apr 2018
So.. is there manga or novel for this anime? I find the first episode quite good but i cant seem to find the adaption source.
Apr 8, 2019 12:28 AM

Jun 2012
A little bit of boring if we're talking about the premise.

But the action scenes still draw me in and I like those green "supernova" effects when they're using the fairies.
Apr 8, 2019 1:08 AM

Jun 2014
It was an OK episode for a first one. The quality is really good. CGI is kind of a letdown, but it is still good. OST was great. Will see how this progresses.
Apr 8, 2019 1:36 AM

Dec 2014
I still hate the attitude of female MC.
- doesn't follow order and let her emotion take control, someone like that is going to join as soldier?
- happy-go-lucky type of character always get something powerful, bullshit
- wanted to solve everything through conversation in a win-win condition without paying any price?

I really hope in later episode, this kind of character doesn't mess up at some important event.
Well, I can foresee this is gonna happen anyway. I can only pray that this is just not some good art poor plot anime.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 8, 2019 2:48 AM
May 2017
My favourite comment on this show from gogoanime comment section:
Apr 8, 2019 2:59 AM
May 2017
aLotQuestion_ said:
I still hate the attitude of female MC.
- doesn't follow order and let her emotion take control, someone like that is going to join as soldier?
- happy-go-lucky type of character always get something powerful, bullshit
- wanted to solve everything through conversation in a win-win condition without paying any price?

Her main goal in joining the mafia was to get information, connections, etc to find her long lost friend. Now that she actually met her, she won't care much for the mafia anymore, so no, she won't follow orders to shoot her friend, because reuniting with her is the goal, the mafia was only one of the means.
Apr 8, 2019 3:20 AM
May 2017
Low_res_Hibiki said:
Damn, I just cant stop thinking that the fairies would look so good if they were actually drawn rather than CG

Venumidas said:
Anime Studio: "How do we save as much of our budget as possible?"

Brainlet: "I know, let's add very poorly animated CG animation and ruin our entire project!"

Anime Studio: "I'm sold!"

Anime studios are businesses that need to stay in the green to stay alive. Nowadays producing anime is certainly not a goldmine, so yes, they have to cut corners somewhere. It would be a shitton of work animating all this the regular way, no wonder nearly all new action animes have CGI in them.
Apr 8, 2019 3:21 AM

Oct 2015
This one will become like kuromukuro. better stuff in later episodes.
Apr 8, 2019 3:30 AM

May 2009
It was not that horrible for me. It didn't bore me at all, Veronica was beautiful. Plus it has most of my favourite seiyuus so I'm enjoying it so far. 7/10

Hope they won't ruin the show with bad CGI, I liked that green shiny effect tho.
Apr 8, 2019 3:56 AM

Dec 2017
It was a pretty mediocre episode, but still enjoyable to me.
But how Marlya and Free met was pretty weird, it was painfully obvious that it was just used to introduce the characters to us, if they could've used more natural ways for it.
Im not that fond of Marlya yet, admittedly. That whole "No, don't fight! Ver, talk to me!" thing was kinda annoying and I'm not really a fan of characters like that. They will probably meet a few times, it's going to be a back and forth between them, Veronica won't say why she does what she does until it's pretty late in the series, I suppose. I do like Veronica though, have to see how she and the other characters will evolve.

The CGI fairies weren't that offputting for me, I have seen worse CGI *cough* Overlord *cough* and I will just get used to it.
I also had major Sirius vibes from this show, especially from the ending, it was kind of in the same style as the Sirius one. I really, really like the OP, it's pretty cool.
Apr 8, 2019 4:01 AM

Jan 2017
I liked the episode. Fairies look more like Ajin's black ghosts. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Apr 8, 2019 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
Okay...it was a decent start. I liked the fights and the OST. Opening is great.

The fairies are more like monsters; Mariya's fairy is the ugliest one, ugh.

Mariya is like Nina 2.0 from Bahamut Virgin Soul, just less fun. Nina was high spirit and that's what I liked about her; it made her less annoying.

I'm indifferent towards the main guy, and Veronica was someone that at least stood out for now.

Can't wait the blonde dude to make an official appearance, he seems cool.
Apr 8, 2019 4:22 AM

Aug 2013
Alright PA Works, come no now...you gotta do this. Interesting start, the music was by far the straight up 10/10 level for me. I'm hoping this holds together but PA Works does have its issues with its storytelling. I hope it doesn't fall down the rabbit hole of most original anime where it only does a single cour for its story instead of branching for 2 cours in order to truly flesh out its main plot.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 8, 2019 4:46 AM

May 2011
Does anyone know the song name or artist that was used during the fight scene?
Anyhow it wasn't a bad first ep imo.
Apr 8, 2019 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
I like the time period. The toadies with the guns and the cool hats were pretty cool. The music is good as expected. Animation is nice and art is clean.

Strangely, it hasn't grabbed me as of yet. I'll definitely watch it but I'm fairly sure it's not going to be the MVP of the season.

Apr 8, 2019 5:21 AM

Sep 2016
ill give it a few more episodes but tbh this first episode was quite boring
Apr 8, 2019 6:58 AM
Aug 2018
If jojo's stands had sex with CGI this would be the result.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

72 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.