Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 17, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2014
AlliedWishes said:
Zelev said:

True, but in this episode he didn't even second-guess that she was going for a weak hand. That was very odd to me considering he second-guessed everything the literal episode before. And yes, I know he was cocky. Still, it just seemed like an ass pull on the writer's part.

?

But he did think that she was going for a weaker hand, as soon as she discarded two queens, unless you were saying that he didn't think that that was probably what she wanted him to do.

He didn't second-guess it for long. Not nearly as long as the other ones. I guess it just bothered me, I don't know.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 17, 2017 7:07 PM

May 2016
Zelev said:
AlliedWishes said:

?

But he did think that she was going for a weaker hand, as soon as she discarded two queens, unless you were saying that he didn't think that that was probably what she wanted him to do.

He didn't second-guess it for long. Not nearly as long as the other ones. I guess it just bothered me, I don't know.

Oh. Okay then. It's not like I can't relate to how you feel about it anyway, like @AmyTwo said as well.

(God I hate my phone, constantly making all of these obvious typos.)
AlliedWishesSep 17, 2017 7:13 PM
Sep 17, 2017 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
1idd0kun said:
owlette said:

so they both have the exact same personality and goals as well? as in, are they both insane like the President appears to be?

Yeah. For example, if we take this episode as face value, the one at the beginning of the episode who was talking to the other member of the Bami family was the Vice President, but she was acting like the President. But then, can we be sure she was really the Vice President and not the President herself? And what about the one who's about to gamble with Yumeko? Can we be sure she's the President and not the Vice President?

No, we can't. These two probably have lived their whole lives swapping roles. They're pretty much one person in two bodies at the point.

oh hmm that's pretty interesting, one personality within 2 people. thanks for explanation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 7:45 PM

Dec 2015
I thought the girl in the mask would be a twin sister or something, I guess I was wrong.

Lol Manyuda-senpai went Kaneki xDDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 17, 2017 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
dasprn said:
The censor on this show is really ruining it. How much I wanted for this to show up!

To be honest, I was expecting that she'll give him a middle finger. Or rather, I got a feeling that she actually gives him a middle finger.

And now I see your post, I'm right.

Sep 18, 2017 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
Mask off...and damn. She's deceiving
Sep 18, 2017 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
piece of crap anime

and MANY MORE

and you wont see this because it takes shitty original ending route

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 18, 2017 2:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy smocks, this was some intense episode I didn't see coming at all. Lol, Kaeda's white hair transformation, similar to Ken Kaneki of Tokyo Ghoul, proved the intensity and scope of the bet.
Moment of the episode goes towards the last scene though when Yumeko realizes the President's intent and calmly sits down on the opposition chair. Gosh, those eyes then! Really got me intrigued and curious wholeheartedly as to how the next battle is going to go. Cool to see Sumeragi finally off the clutches of Kaeda though and especially liked the scene when she bowed to him. Her revelations of Yumeko's plot was astonishing and witnessing Kaeda's reactions were just phenomenal. It was Great!
To be honest, though, the thing about this anime is the unpredictability element that lies within this show. Say, for example, if Yumeko loses the next match against the President, I doubt I'd be so shocked and dumbfounded like when Midoriya tragically lost to Shouko earlier on in the Second Season of Boku no Hero Academia. It is this unpredictability and insanity that makes this show truly a remarkable one and more noteworthy than most other anime out there. Can't wait to see how the last episode unfolds itself and to see the destined battle among the two Gambler addicts.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 18, 2017 3:07 AM

Jul 2015
GangsterCat said:
piece of crap anime

and MANY MORE

Sigh... why... why are you comments often entertaining when I see them? lol

But I can understand how you feel. I always noticed this as well ever since the 9th or 10th episode (removing the finger implications it had to make it into this sort of way now).

Not sure how this'll end either, but lol at the last one. Look on the bright side. At least the anime had this

compared to this

It also had these

compared to this

AmyTwoSep 18, 2017 4:34 AM
Sep 18, 2017 9:35 AM
Mar 2016
HAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA Manyuda's Life is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why the fuck is Jabami still wearing that Mike tag????????
Sep 18, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
feels bad man

also the nail thing really made me shudder

Seems it's not possible to end this in a good way, really a shame. I enjoy this anime despite the games being kinda eh. For some reason I find a bunch of crazy teens enjoyable to watch.
Baby, daijobanai...
Sep 18, 2017 11:22 AM
Sep 2016
Whoahoho said:
HAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA Manyuda's Life is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why the fuck is Jabami still wearing that Mike tag????????

She didn't pay her debt to get out of being a pet yet.

I think she would have been able to pay for it after defeating Yumemi. She just immediately, after defeating Yumemi, challenged Manyuda, the one behind the plan of having Yumemi's career crushed indirectly and to get her out of his path of being president without anyone opposing. So basically for now Yumeko's just been involving herself in a row of gambles.
MagusCarnivalSep 18, 2017 11:27 AM
Sep 18, 2017 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
Damn that was hard to see Sugita's character lose like that :(
For once, I wished for the opposite party to win
Sep 18, 2017 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
FinalFlash18 said:
Damn that was hard to see Sugita's character lose like that :(
For once, I wished for the opposite party to win

Ahaha. Poor Sugita. Anyways, it would have been interesting if he'd win, but yeah, he deserved his loss, even though he now lost so, so much to the point of becoming Kaneki/Arima (sort of).
AmyTwoSep 18, 2017 1:49 PM
Sep 18, 2017 1:26 PM

May 2017
I've gotta say, I kinda feel bad for him.

But what the fuck happened at the end? Did he turn Kaneki Mode ?
Sep 18, 2017 2:38 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm i wonder just what kind of organisation was the president meeting though. Meanwhile the game between Yumeko and Manyuda just got more more interesting with Itsuki's support. Man but the match between the tow really is starting to heat up though with betting that much money though. Its interesting to see Itsuki being so determined to beat Manyuda though. To think that this match has now turned into a battle between Manyuda and Itsuki though. As expected of the school accountant Manyuda really has tons of money at his disposal. Wow never expected that Yumeko would bet use her her life as a resource as well though. Truly to Yumeko gambling is everything to her. Yumeko really is cunning in using Itsuki's desire to reach the top to get her to commit though. Using that on Itsuki is far more effective given her struggle as well. But man using her nails as her payment though was chilling. It will be interesting to see what the vice president thinks of this turn of events though. The VP accepting the raise sure was unexpected but this is a real game changer. Manyuda's reaction though was hillarious as he threw a tantrum.

Wow to think that the VP was actually was the president in disguise. This move of hers was such a surprise though. Now that the president is back things should get even more interesting. So Manyuda had a childhood that was tied to life plans as well then. Betting their lives as a resource though really is something though. Looks like the president is intend on upholding this wager then with her rather ominous warning. So Manyuda's only ambition is to get rich so that he can become SC president then. Manyuda's reaction as he saw that he was both wrong about Itsuki and Yumeko's weak deck as well. To think that Yumeko and Itsuki thought so far ahead though. Small wonder that Manyuda would would fall for her trap though. In the end its nice that Itsuki was able to have his revenge. I guess Manyuda in addition to losing his job also lost his rep as well. Though Manyuda really was horrible to her it's nice that Itsuki still remembered how he took care of her in the past though. Now the final match between Yumeko and the president looks to be the final match. Im really looking forward to see how their match will turn out since it looks like the two have very similar personalities.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was nice. Once they said Yumeko and the president are similar. and in this episode I see that.
Sep 19, 2017 3:29 AM
Oct 2015
That last scene where secretary-chan was getting all confused and flustered was cute :)
Heckle was here...
Sep 19, 2017 3:42 AM

May 2017
lol loving Sumeragi love how she casually told Mary and Suzui to bet their lives too lol "Saotome-senpai and Suzui san can bet their lives for us" lol only for "Kaichou" to rekt them, best episode so far

Prez has a twin sis?
Sep 19, 2017 4:28 AM

Jan 2014
Whoahoho said:

Is it? Sumeragi literally owns him now: Sumeragi, not the student council, and she clearly has a soft spot for him.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 19, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was savage.

I love this effect. If character use glasses and this happens, you can bet that he's good character.

alstreim14Sep 19, 2017 9:39 AM
Sep 19, 2017 10:04 AM
Sep 2017
Without doubt the best anime of the season. Yumeko is wonderful and the president is incredible.

With certainness the overall of this episode: 10/10

Sep 19, 2017 11:03 AM
Mar 2016
Ya know guys, since the last ep isn't that far behind, I jaz wanna ask some questions:

1. Do students who get involve in gambling in that school uses their own money to bet or were they given a credit or do they use the school's money?

2. Does the victor get all of his winnings or does he get a certain commission or does it all go to the school?

3. Do all student were required to gamble, or do they have the right to refuse?????
Sep 19, 2017 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
1idd0kun said:

Yeah. For example, if we take this episode as face value, the one at the beginning of the episode who was talking to the other member of the Bami family was the Vice President, but she was acting like the President. But then, can we be sure she was really the Vice President and not the President herself? And what about the one who's about to gamble with Yumeko? Can we be sure she's the President and not the Vice President?

No, we can't. These two probably have lived their whole lives swapping roles. They're pretty much one person in two bodies at the point.

Actually it's not like that at all, but only people who're reading the manga would know this.

Minor manga spoilers, read this at your own risk:

Sep 19, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
Whoahoho said:
Ya know guys, since the last ep isn't that far behind, I jaz wanna ask some questions:

1. Do students who get involve in gambling in that school uses their own money to bet or were they given a credit or do they use the school's money?

2. Does the victor get all of his winnings or does he get a certain commission or does it all go to the school?

3. Do all student were required to gamble, or do they have the right to refuse?????

1. They mainly bet with their own money, but they can bet even past that if they want to (which is obviously not a good idea. lol). Manyuda himself has a lot of financial support due to the position he's in, so in a way, that was his money as well.

2. The victor usually gets all the winnings.

3. They can refuse whatever gamble they don't want to play except for the one public match that the pets are able to use to forcibly challenge anyone they wish within the school. All students though will be required to gamble sooner or later and win a certain amount within every time frame, else they'll be in the lower school rankings and will automatically be a pet until they can pay the special donation in getting out of that.
Sep 19, 2017 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, so they will finish their challenge within 1 episode(three public battles in a row?) or.. could we expect a massive cliffhanger ending? Mark my word, none of them happening at this rate!

Sep 19, 2017 6:54 PM

Nov 2012
AlexPlayer said:

Nope, he just witnessed Yumeko's overwhelming En and his hair became white, Knov-style. He won't be able to gamble anymore, probably.
Sep 19, 2017 7:32 PM
Jul 2009
Not_Important said:
1idd0kun said:

Actually it's not like that at all, but only people who're reading the manga would know this.

Minor manga spoilers, read this at your own risk:

Sep 19, 2017 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
They are insane, betting their lives on the game xD It was still a great episode, and some great mind games by Yumeko and Sumeragi.
So the last episode will be Yumeko vs Pres. Of The Student Council? Or she will leave? As they said in the preview.
Can't wait for the last episode. But i doubt it will be better than this one.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 20, 2017 10:31 PM

Dec 2014
Did not expect the president to be under that mask.

Has she always been that chick in the mask or did she just do it for this episode?

If Yumeko and the Prez gambles I'm expecting both of them to make each other cum tbh.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Sep 21, 2017 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
jabami is amazing in her own wit.... hmmm let's see how it all goes
Sep 21, 2017 10:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
in two days we will know if Jamabi can win the Seitokai Pressident!!! kekeke
Sep 21, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
So damn nice! I knew they were twins already, but I was expecting the real president was in the family reunion, not in the place of the sister that never talk, great surprise!
Sep 21, 2017 12:32 PM
Sep 2017
I hope that kakegurui will not end in 12 episode because damn its good !
Sep 22, 2017 9:49 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! It's a shame it's a little rush. In the manga, they would show Manyuda's hair slowly turn white which shocked alot of people
in the audience.

Also Sumerigi biting her own fingers as well as being devoured by Yumeko. That never happened in the manga. I guess it's an extra that makes it much
more intense.

Good job! Last episode! I already know since Episode 1 where they will end this. Which is a shame, since they're not that far off in the manga.
Sep 22, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shit that was so damn boring. The gambling itself isn't the interesting part. It's the over the top interactions between the characters that's good. Having a whole episode dedicated to people just going "raise" over and over again was beyond boring. Not to mention how predictable the outcome was.
Sep 22, 2017 5:09 PM

Jan 2017
I'd put my dick in psycho. lol
El Psy Congroo
Sep 23, 2017 2:34 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was so good that I can forgive the boring parts of the series, what a fun!
Sep 23, 2017 7:10 AM
Jan 2016
Wow an intense episode wkwk. Gambling plus acting, it's really interesting. And another White-Hair Transformation, wow this anime is like a soft version of Tokyo Ghoul wkwkwk. Arima is that you?
Sep 25, 2017 3:55 AM

Oct 2013
I'm trying to understand what happened in this episode, so first of all the student council president broke kaede's glasses by her words like literally and he turned into Kaneki after losing ? wtf his hair turned all white just like Kaneki lols
Sep 26, 2017 5:07 AM

Mar 2009
GangsterCat said:
piece of crap anime

and MANY MORE

Why is she randomly groping her in the last pic? Comparing chest size?
Sep 26, 2017 5:53 AM

Sep 2016
Mormegil said:
GangsterCat said:
piece of crap anime

and MANY MORE

Why is she randomly groping her in the last pic? Comparing chest size?
she is challenging her to shokugeki because she is jealous the president likes jabami more than her
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 30, 2017 1:26 AM

May 2017
kchorrex2012 said:
AlexPlayer said:

Nope, he just witnessed Yumeko's overwhelming En and his hair became white, Knov-style. He won't be able to gamble anymore, probably.

"Why white? That's hair-color-ist! - Random person on the internet, 2017
Oct 1, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
Should have gone for the weaker. Seemed obvious in retrospect. I thought he would have a full house with that kind of confidence.
Oct 5, 2017 9:36 PM

Feb 2014
Saw that, shokun?! That is how you casually and easily tear off your nails! ; )
Oct 7, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
well played Yumeko, well played.

now Sakamoto lost his life and all his fortune, and the first year gain such a marvelous benefit from it.

I am a little bit confused, how is the president can be at 2 places in the same time? I thought she's gone to family meeting? if I remember correctly, the president and vice president had been in one place together, are they twin?

for the next and final episode, I still hope Yumeko win though.
Oct 14, 2017 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
Kaede went full Kaneki mode on us

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 20, 2017 9:17 PM

Feb 2015
That wasn't a one-on-one bet, that's unfair. Jumeko got helped by the short hair girl. I disagree completely. The glasses guy shouldn't have lost so much money.
Nov 4, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2012
Fantastic episode, really wonder what the last episode of this series has to offer!
Nov 5, 2017 1:40 PM

Dec 2011
Atlas77 said:
That wasn't a one-on-one bet, that's unfair. Jumeko got helped by the short hair girl. I disagree completely. The glasses guy shouldn't have lost so much money.

Seriously the whole time my only reaction to this is how fucking stupid and unfair that was. But his biggest mistake was just going along with things. There was clear grounds to call the whole game off. Even if Pres somehow has the authority as a dealer to accept a life bet he could have stood his ground and disagreed with the value. Like, what the fuck could she even do? If she wants to strongarm him like that then fight back, don't just play into it.

It just winds up being annoying watching characters be stupid or get walked all over constantly. Guess this anime wasn't for me...

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» We Really Got an American Live Action Before A Season 3

Jcmixer27 - May 31

35 by NoRudy »»
Jun 8, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

377 by Pyromance »»
Jun 8, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

119 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 30, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

184 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 30, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

185 by dilwale_bhaiya »»
May 29, 10:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.