Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 7, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2013
sjack said:
UnderminE said:
i personally like previous season's OST more, it was more lively.

But then again, this OST fits the time of Part3 as well.

And how does Battle Tendency's ost, filled with dubstep and rapping, fit the 1930's?

it fits the whacky tone I guess? I dunno

Just liked it.
May 7, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2010
sjack said:
UnderminE said:

And how does Battle Tendency's ost, filled with dubstep and rapping, fit the 1930's?
I usually hate with all my heart dubstep and rapping, but in BT's case, I thought it was very fitting.

As for the OST of Part 3, they look very good thus far, and they will probably make huge varations of styles since there are many places that our hereos have to visit.
May 7, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2011
Akanezora said:
I usually hate with all my heart dubstep and rapping, but in BT's case, I thought it was very fitting

I feel the very same in regard to rapping (didn't even know what dubstep actually was prior to BT honestly), and I also couldn't agree more. Indeed, thematically it makes no sense, but somehow it just worked with the scenes perfectly. I also listened to the OST for months.
May 7, 2014 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
God I love scenes like this in the anime and manga
http://i.imgur.com/sVPv5AB.jpg
May 7, 2014 11:38 PM

May 2012
01:07 go fight outside the restaurant, no reactions from customers and staff? lol

03:37 dat crappy OP

05:26 horahorahora

09:08 shirabaa chariotsu

14:06 burn BNMR burn

21:52 dat ashifechi

6/10 for this episode.
Change the director, for the author's sake.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 8, 2014 5:06 AM
Dec 2013
Akanezora said:
sjack said:
UnderminE said:

I usually hate with all my heart dubstep and rapping, but in BT's case, I thought it was very fitting.

As for the OST of Part 3, they look very good thus far, and they will probably make huge varations of styles since there are many places that our hereos have to visit.

Oh no, don't get me wrong-I love BT's OST. I just don't think that the period that the story is set in is a big decision factor on the music direction of the show.
May 8, 2014 8:36 AM

Jun 2013
So this new Jojo will only contain stardust crusaders or it will go in the other parts aswell?
May 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Jun 2012
ThEoNePugNA said:
So this new Jojo will only contain stardust crusaders or it will go in the other parts aswell?

Yeah, this series is for Stardust Crusaders only. If the anime has good sales, it's sure that we're going to get the adaptations of the other parts. We just need patience.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
May 8, 2014 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
ThEoNePugNA said:

Stardust is a much longer series than the first two parts. There is no way this will include any of the other parts. I highly doubt 24 episodes is even going to be enough.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 8, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
ThEoNePugNA said:

Only Stardust Crusaders, which is part 3, which is easily longer than parts 1 and 2 combined. So yes, only SC.

insan3Spectre said:
Stardust is a much longer series than the first two parts. There is no way this will include any of the other parts. I highly doubt 24 episodes is even going to be enough.

The only solution would be to cut fights if you wanted it to fit 24 episodes, and we already had the OVA's do that, so no thanks.
May 8, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
ArtemisFlow said:

insan3Spectre said:

The only solution would be to cut fights if you wanted it to fit 24 episodes, and we already had the OVA's do that, so no thanks.

Call me optimistic, but I don't think that is going to happen. I think the fact that they dedicated a whole episode to Tower of Gray is good indication that they are going to fully adapt the fights. Maybe they'll split Stardust into halves? I wouldn't be opposed to that, tbh.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 8, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
Shirubaasouru said:
01:07 go fight outside the restaurant, no reactions from customers and staff? lol

03:37 dat crappy OP

05:26 horahorahora

09:08 shirabaa chariotsu

14:06 burn BNMR burn

21:52 dat ashifechi

6/10 for this episode.
Change the director, for the author's sake.

That's a nice review. Thanks for sharing your critiques with us.
May 8, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
It's like Shirubaasouru doesn't even try, lol.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 8, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 2011
It was so good I don't know how to describe it. This fight, these voices, these poses... How can it be better? It's the best anime of 2014. I don't know how to describe it... it's so powerful!!! I knew Avdol could make awesome things... I like it so much I can't even skip the opening... Just to see Star Platinum fight, even a second, and it makes my day!
May 16, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty good episode, but I'm still expecting way more. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 9, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
Polnareff is quite entertaining, and his nobility was moving, though hilarious! "It would be disrespectful to kill myself."
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 26, 2014 5:52 AM

Mar 2014
They really like changing the coloring in fights... but it looks cool, so I ain't complaining.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Aug 17, 2014 6:46 PM

Nov 2007
Oh Polnareff....in a group of already ridiculous hairstyles and poses, he still manages to top it off as the most over the top. And he has to ruin his chivalrous image by being all skeevy. Yare yare daze indeed.

I realize now that Araki was probably told to beef it up for this series to appeal to boys. While Joseph and Caesar were huge walking mass of muscles too, they were more appealing "bishonen" types (in the anime) than our current group. Although Jotaro and Noriaki get more attention from girls than they ever did, our group is simply less appealing to women (Polaneff's hairdo lol) but more appealing for young boys. That, with the constant fawning from girls and pervy moments, yup, clearly the editors wanted the manga to appeal more to boys.Or maybe Araki felt the need himself. Either way.

As someone who isn't a young boy from the 80s/90s, I do prefer the classier Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but I can now see where all of this is coming from. It's certainly resembling closer to the shonen of that era I am more familiar with, like Dragon Ball.

Anyway, enjoying the show so far. I've gotten used to Jotaro & co. and the Stands. Even if they are supposed to be macho, they are still dorks. Heh.
Aug 18, 2014 11:43 AM
Dec 2013
CookieBun said:
Oh Polnareff....in a group of already ridiculous hairstyles and poses, he still manages to top it off as the most over the top. And he has to ruin his chivalrous image by being all skeevy. Yare yare daze indeed.

I realize now that Araki was probably told to beef it up for this series to appeal to boys. While Joseph and Caesar were huge walking mass of muscles too, they were more appealing "bishonen" types (in the anime) than our current group. Although Jotaro and Noriaki get more attention from girls than they ever did, our group is simply less appealing to women (Polaneff's hairdo lol) but more appealing for young boys. That, with the constant fawning from girls and pervy moments, yup, clearly the editors wanted the manga to appeal more to boys.Or maybe Araki felt the need himself. Either way.

As someone who isn't a young boy from the 80s/90s, I do prefer the classier Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but I can now see where all of this is coming from. It's certainly resembling closer to the shonen of that era I am more familiar with, like Dragon Ball.

Anyway, enjoying the show so far. I've gotten used to Jotaro & co. and the Stands. Even if they are supposed to be macho, they are still dorks. Heh.

lolwat:

Aug 18, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
sjack said:
CookieBun said:

lolwat:

Haha yea, after I wrote that, I remembered it had moments like that too. Yep.
Sep 2, 2014 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
So i guess Joseph isn't a fan of tentacle hentai? ^_^

Btw i have to say that this new JoJo seem disappointing. He seems to have a stick up his ass really. He is always annoyed and mad and shit. Joseph and his silliness was a lot more amusing.
Sep 29, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2012
Another man joins the group and lol that ending was just hilarious! Pretty damn nice episode!
Oct 2, 2014 6:23 PM

Nov 2012
I died laughing at that bud pun joke.
Oct 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
haha I knew it! that dude will join them! He'd be a fine addition to the group and he's funny too. It's kinda annoying to see girls flocking around Jotaro and Kakyuin all the time so we need someone who chases after them for a change.
Oct 10, 2014 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Good thing he joined the group, his personality and stand are a pretty nice addition :)
Oct 19, 2014 9:57 AM
Aug 2013
Beautiful episode. Dat posing though ... thats what I call an epic streching
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Oct 21, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2014

Favourite moment right here.
Dec 31, 2014 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
I like the ending and opening songs more and more as they have grown on me with each episode. I was right when I predicted that the grey haired guy was gonna join their group. I think he will be a good asset to their group. I think they are having fights in the order of weakest to strongest. I think either Joseph or the Gray-haired guy will be next.

Jan 6, 2015 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
lol now that we rempved his bud
we can be buddies
hahahahahaha
that ending when he was taking pictures of their legs was great
[/quote]
May 25, 2015 9:30 PM

Apr 2014
LMFAO

Jotaro's signature line:
"Hmph."
Jun 26, 2015 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
Is Joseph relegated to the role of speedwagon this season :(, I'm still sad that speedwagon died without having any kids :(.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2008
I still don't like the shaman king/pokemon style of fighting, might drop this serie.
Dec 24, 2015 10:41 AM

Jan 2012
Another one to join the team.

Mar 15, 2016 11:13 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Abdul and Polnareff's fight was awesome! Now we have another true man in the group!

5/5
Apr 1, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
Really liking how they are handling the fights.

Five-man team complete?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 1, 2016 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
Fortress_MaximusApr 1, 2016 5:18 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 23, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
Of course, no one is around in the restaurant when shit goes down. lol

Pretty cool episode. Unfortunate that 2 right hand guy didn't wait for Polnareff's sister to give her consent before he raped her. Now its just hentai.

DEM GIRLS THO!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 11, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
The fight was nice, both showed us how strong they are.
Polnareff joined the crew!
Oct 2, 2016 5:22 AM

May 2016
Good grief~ Joseph doesn't like the look of those tentacles. Jotaro's job is now an official BUDdy, just in case Star Platinum's mangaka job didn't take off :3
Jean Pierre was chivalrous warrior, even if he was a little cocky with the statue taunt.
Those fangirls sure have lovely legs...

Dec 26, 2016 7:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Polnareff loses the battle!!!
But Polnareff has a drama story, his sister was violated by a man that haved 2 right hands!!! and he want reveenge, and join to Jojo´s team!!!

Now are fiveç!!!!!

Run Dio!!!! xD
Mar 2, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2017
I love battle with Avdol vs Polnareff in Hong Kong which is make me epic and amazing. Polnareff join to Jotaro group. Also, I can't stop laughing Polnareff take photos with 2 girls who is funny and smile. That's great for Polnareff's personality.

Yare Yare Daze
Chi_Ho_LauMar 2, 2017 8:08 AM
Jul 11, 2017 9:09 AM

Sep 2016
This ep made me realized that where Naruto got its idea for the battle between Shikamaru & Temari. I was amazed by Shikamaru’s clever tactics when I was watching Naruto, but it seemed that part of the credit should belong to JOJO.

On a side note, I had intended to visit the garden where they had the battle in this ep during my trip to HK last time. But I was informed that it’s already shut down and the real place wasn’t dat fabulous actually.

Polnareff had some of the best JOJO poses which ordinary human beings can never make, lol.
And we also got to see the other side of him at the end, lmao.
Aug 17, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
Great fight, I'm really liking Stand Fighting.

Now the crew is complete! I can't wait to see how they interact with each other.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 26, 2017 1:39 PM

May 2013
lol Jotaro the chick magnet :P

Avdol is awesome ;O shows what a big part experience and creativity plays in battle
Sep 14, 2017 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
the Frenchman's backstory was surprisingly dark. and since it seems the two-right hand killer has a Stand which can cast a shield over him, i'm guessing he will be Stardust's first season's final villain since the ending of the OP shows Jotaro breaking a barrier-esque thing with his Star Emerald.
But seriously is Jotaro really that hot? and i wonder if this gag will keep running throught the season?
Sep 25, 2017 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
Jotaro is such a ladies man.
Oct 18, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2017
I saw this shit 2 times.
Feb 1, 2018 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Joseph was so funny and adorable at the end of the battle. ♥

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Dec 13, 2018 10:39 PM

Dec 2014
so like another guy was added to the group..hmm the black guy...in every season returns..this time in a form of a girl
Mar 12, 2019 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
Man, duel between Avdol and Polnareff was simply spectacular!

I also noticed one reference to Hokuto no Ken in Polnareff's motivations. :-)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

127 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 15, 12:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

130 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 14, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.