Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I thought the outfits were kinda cute this episode. I almost got a Samurai Flamenco vibe. Too bad Cecil had to get herself captured...

Oh well, can't be helped. Shit did get a bit real though but I'm not used to the CGI yet still. That chicken is kinda funny and I think might get along with the frog :o. I'm more curious about Sasori this episode though as the way she was behaving seemed a bit strange..
Stark700Feb 16, 2014 10:38 AM
Feb 16, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
Bad guy: Our goal is...
Me: World domination lol :D
Bad guy:...world domination!
Me: *facepalm* well fuck.

Those kids sure took the death of their teacher pretty well. Not to mention those SWAT guys presumably dying left and right. Do Umetsu's shows always have the mood all over the place? The only other one I've watched is Galilei Donna, and even there I think it wasn't that bad.
Feb 16, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
Okay ep. Nice fan service with that Rack :3

But all I cared about was Moyo.

Who the hell is she???? Dat time stopping technique was OP HAX LEVEL XD

Her smile at the end gave me chills too O_o?
Feb 16, 2014 10:48 AM

May 2013
Those outfits they were wearing lol. Moyo coming in to save Cecil again. Really want to know what her story is about. So Shizumu is actually a wizard. This is getting interesting.
Feb 16, 2014 11:44 AM
Oct 2012
Good thing about this show: pretty awesome art.

Bad thing about this show: pretty much everything else.

I know I shouldn't come here just to make fun of a show, but this show really deserves it. It reminds me of this funny scene from Hayate where Nagi decides to try to first cook for him and says she wants to "make something that no one has ever eaten before." The narrator then says that is a mistake beginners make (trust me, funnier when watching it).

That is what this show is (though the writer is not a beginner), he is mashing together everything in the hope of just overpowering the viewer so they don't notice how bad this show is. Sometimes that works, but in this case not so much. The Drama makes you laugh, the Comedy makes you cry, the plot is so paper thin as to be non-existent and what little does exist has no rhyme or reason to it, there are too many sub characters with the depth of cheap veneer (and for the 6th straight episode girls in the office gush their fake Yuri). You know a series is bad when they have to have adult, professional women cosplay in the hope of enticing the viewer.

I am not going to stop watching because I am enjoying how bad this show is. And not in the "so bad it is actually good" sense, but in the "how much worse can this show get" or the "so bad that I can't believe someone put money into it" sense.

For those who are enjoying it (I think we are down to 8 now), my apologies.
Feb 16, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
Lol those outfits.
Moyo saves Cecil, with time manipulation
Her smile at the end..
What's her deal? (She working with Shizumu?)
Shizumu trying to awaken her powers..

meh.
Feb 16, 2014 1:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Cecil does indeed "have it were it counts"

Not much more to say really.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 16, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, episode 6 happened. It was simply bad, animation-, plot- and dialogue wise.
-
Feb 16, 2014 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was alright.

Those outfits that they were wearing.

Moyo saved Cecil again.
Feb 16, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
Tankjan said:
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, episode 6 happened. It was simply bad, animation-, plot- and dialogue wise.

I can say you're being a little harsh but you're close enough. At least the overall plot is moving forward.
Feb 16, 2014 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
It was neat to see the wizards at their daily lives XD

Still, meh episode for me. Felt sort of out of place. Moyo is being her hack self, it seems. We already knew about that cop. What power did Cecil awaken, anyway?

Also... That chicken was cute XD I wonder what rolls familiars play... They seem to be there for some reason, to any type of wud, even the new ones.

"You can't just run around in public with a rocket launcher!"
Feb 16, 2014 3:18 PM
Mar 2012
Moyo was pretty badass with her time-stopping powers
Feb 16, 2014 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
Moyo was awesome, but she seems to be hiding something. Maybe she's working with Shizumu?
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Feb 16, 2014 4:03 PM

Sep 2013
The way Natsuna answered then ran out in a hurry makes me think she does have a boyfriend.

While Cecil was being held hostage everyone else was enjoying their Saturday :P

Sekai Seifuku LOL

"She's got it where it counts" The kid is right and her face is awesome ;)

Fuck you teacher.

Time manipulation magic 0_0 She is totally Cecil's protector for whatever reason.

So the inspector is a WUD, he's hiding it well, but I
wonder what Macal is?
Feb 16, 2014 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Bambi Red is Flamenco.
Feb 16, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
vonPeterhof said:
Those kids sure took the death of their teacher pretty well. Not to mention those SWAT guys presumably dying left and right.
I was about to comment on that... =.=

Next episode, Maple leaf in Canada huh? It gets me interested knowing if they will accurate or not.
Feb 16, 2014 5:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I will refrain from commenting on this series until something more "commentable" occurs. At this point, it will just be a rant....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 16, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2011
Very interesting episode indeed. Moyo stopping time and all? im looking forward to how this develops.
Feb 16, 2014 5:58 PM

Mar 2010
EP 1
Moyo: You're working too hard, Cecilun.
Cecil: Well, you can't stop time.
Moyo: I'll have to find a way to stop it for you, then.
Feb 16, 2014 7:35 PM
Oct 2010
LMAO, that was a really bad episode.

Unintentional humor is fun to watch, but I can't say it does great for the rating.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 16, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
I hope Moyo's not evil :(

World domination? I'd take Hoshimiya Kate more seriously than that guy lmao.

Uh..the terrorist guy said they awakened Cecil's power. Exactly what kind of power up this time? Might have missed it. Her diaboloid's an old magic and the other one is that sand manipulation thingy so...?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 16, 2014 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
xchee said:
Uh..the terrorist guy said they awakened Cecil's power. Exactly what kind of power up this time? Might have missed it. Her diaboloid's an old magic and the other one is that sand manipulation thingy so...?
Probably referring to her "deflecting" that bullet. Nobody saw Moyo redirect it, so as far as he knows she did it herself, maybe even unconsciously.
Feb 16, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
So anyone else notice that it didn't look like there was anywhere for Cecil to change in private?
Feb 16, 2014 9:20 PM
Feb 2013
brianwuzhere said:
EP 1

Aw, someone beat me to posting that here. Well, I already posted it elsewhere hours ago, so it's still good.
Feb 16, 2014 11:23 PM

May 2009
Stopping time is a pretty broken power :/
Feb 17, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2013
Really weak episode, just when I started to think this show was getting better.

Those kids seemed really traumatized by seeing their teacher getting killed - laughing happily about them being heroes :/ Urgh
Feb 17, 2014 5:42 AM

Nov 2010
Nice ranger outfits, Koki looked cute, kind of weird you don't see the mouths of the familiars moving when talking

The visuals were stunning and spectacular, I'm not a fan of the Ultraman fights though

Moyo showed her time stop magic and Shizumu background of being a wud and dark is a nice reveal
Feb 17, 2014 7:52 AM

Jan 2011
finally, the drop in animation quality...

feels like many people died in this episode

oh that girl from Mezzo made a cameo too :)
Feb 17, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2013
brianwuzhere said:
EP 1

Demn, right from the beginning.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 17, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Glad I caught up to this show. Since other people are comparing good things to bad, I will too.

Good: I like the stories relating to magic, law and all that stuff. It's a mystery anime at the same time as sci-fi and magic. I also enjoy the designs of the building, characters and scenery. They're well done. Also, I'm quite liking the subplots going on, like her mothers retrial, the evilness behind the police, the time travel girl...

Bad: Main character is obviously the most important character and fits the "The One" trope perfectly. I don't like the idea of her obtaining new powers every single episode. While, I do like her getting some character development, she still manages to act like a 12 year old and this episode really accentuates that, as she risked a bunch of children for her not to break a law. The fanservice is a bit weird at times too, but I guess it was expected.
Feb 17, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
Meh i'm still not very fond of the mecha fights, the rest was good though. The fan service outfits :3
the male cop being a WaB, i didn't see that coming.
Feb 17, 2014 12:13 PM

Mar 2012
Moyo's magic is OP xD
Feb 17, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
Oh development?!
Feb 17, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
Ehh that was a passable episode I guess.
Strange superhero costumes.
Feb 17, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2013
cecil always winds up in the craziest situations ;_;
best part of the ep was moyoyo stopping time my god

easily my fav character ;_; each ep needs more moyoyo tbh
Feb 18, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 2013
He had no history but we know who the enemy is.
Feb 18, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2013
Multiple plot holes in this episode. For starters, since the terrorist group is working for the big bad secret generic society who wants Cecil to get awaken to more powers, then their goal was to take her along with the hostages. How the hell did they know to crash into that exact building at the exact time Cecil was walking beside it? Did they know precisely how the police would block off the area? Did they choose that building simply because Cecil was near it, and if so, how did they know there would be additional people in the building to take hostage?

Secondly, and this is an even bigger problem, the head of the terrorist group knows who Cecil is and wants to see her get new powers, so why does he shoot at her? There's no way he could have known that Moyoyo would show up at the perfect time to stop the bullet. That would require him not only knowing that Moyoyo could not only automatically get into the building without anyone noticing, but that she also had a time freeze ability. So, if Moyoyo hadn't shown up, Cecil would be dead. Why would he want to kill someone that he was tasked with helping gain additional powers?

Finally, the head terrorist mentions that Cecil gained awoke to a new magic ability, which is the reason that all of these Wuds are committing these crimes, but she didn't awake to a new power in this episode. Was it a mistranslation or did they just do all of that for nothing and not even realize it?

Umetsu should only make ninety-minute action movies. He simply isn't a good enough story teller to go on for any length of time. He's got a great handle on action scenes, but he's quite bad at practically everything else.
Feb 18, 2014 8:41 PM

Apr 2011
The statue suddenly cracking cracked me up. LMAO.

It was so bad it's good... then the cops showed up. From there on it's just bad.
Feb 18, 2014 11:27 PM
Feb 2013
AsherFischell said:
Finally, the head terrorist mentions that Cecil gained awoke to a new magic ability, which is the reason that all of these Wuds are committing these crimes, but she didn't awake to a new power in this episode. Was it a mistranslation or did they just do all of that for nothing and not even realize it?

I think they thought the bullet being deflected was one of Cecil's powers, since nobody saw Moyoyon.
Feb 19, 2014 1:14 AM
Aug 2011
Who hit this show with Samurai Flamenco's stick of stupidity?

I don't think Moyo is working for the guy though like someone said.
standFeb 19, 2014 1:18 AM
Feb 19, 2014 12:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
brianwuzhere said:
EP 1

Oh that's interesting....it's been foreshadowed. I'm guessing no one knows Moyo's powers and she didn't have to register it. Hmm wonder what's up with Moyo, she doesn't seen like an antagonist, but she also kind of did at the end.
Feb 19, 2014 3:13 PM

Sep 2008
Samurai Flamenco xD

I don't like these ranger outfits...
Really, one of thing that piss me off in this anime are character design...
Strange hairstyles, strange clothes...

Really I know main character must be single out,
but 6 episode and I still can't get used to this...

Story is pretty cool, so I will keep watching this anime xD
maybe I will get used to character
Feb 22, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2012
Not that I disliked the episode, but this is the first episode to actually lower my expectations for the series. It was just too predictable.

It was obvious that Shizumu was in league with those guys, and I knew either she was going to hear the conversation and he'd kill her, or he'd kill those guys.

I also didn't like that teacher pushing the children out of the way to flee... but I saw that coming the instant he said "I'll protect you all! I'll even sacrifice myself for you!". But it might've been more humorous/infuriating if I hadn't already seen that scene repeated in so many things. Anyway, glad he died.

I did like seeing that chicken familiar, though. Dunno why but I just really like the familiars.

I'm gonna be really pissed if Moyo turns out to be bad, like I've feared for a few episodes now. Mainly just because she's my favorite character thus far. But it's interesting to see that she has time magic... because I was a little confused a few episodes back when the previous guy who kidnapped Cecil was completely unnerved by Moyo.

VanishingKira said:
And really the one time she decide not to use her magic was the time she should have.What a complete dimwit of a MC.
Hmm, well I think like Cecil said the other times she had to use them as well. But here, if she resisted the children might've been killed, and she was probably counting on the police working things out since they were there this time. And of course there's all the trouble at her work adding to her motivation.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 22, 2014 1:26 AM
Feb 22, 2014 8:31 PM
Sep 2012
Mob character : Sekai Seifuku !

Wait... I'm watching the wrong show.
Feb 23, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode far more convincing, there is much more involvement in the story and a bit of ecchi, I like the imprint of Umetsu.
Plot that moves forward, maintaining an air of mystery, that's great, I thought it was a goner the series.
Design and improved animations, yay!
The series has recovered points! * _ *
Nice episode because it gave way to characterize the characters and get to know the peculiarities of Moyoyon.
Feb 23, 2014 2:50 PM
Nov 2011
The animation was pretty poor in this episode, several of the keyframes looking odd. The CGI looked absolutely horrible as usual, but I think I've gotten used to it. Hopefully, the rest of the animation will return to it's original quality in the next episode.

The Ranger uniforms were fabulous, and reminded me of the ones used in the Time Bokan franchise. You don't see such style anymore.

As for the villains ambitions of "world domination", it was obviously a gag, and I can't believe that so many people in this thread are actually getting their feathers ruffled over it.

Overall, I'd say it was was an obvious fanservice episode, not to be taken too serious, and as such, I found it entertaining.
Mar 11, 2014 8:57 PM

Sep 2012
they are making moyo seem like she has something sinister up her sleeve. I hope isn't a 'bad guy'
Mar 14, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2009
Hey it's Mikura from Mezzo Forte at 10:24 or a cosplay of her but then these are both Yasuomi Umetsu character designs so I think it isn't that strange.

Wow Moyo can stop time! I wonder if she's part of Macal like Shizumu? I don't think she is but I'm also curious to what her motive is.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Jan 2012
The kids sure weren't scared at all
Apr 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2012
'worst' episode in terms of how much i enjoyed it.. but tbh this was just a fan service maybe a little fillerish? so will not judge as long as it just presses on with the plot with episode 7!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

56 by EtherSword »»
Oct 2, 2015 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.