Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2020 6:13 AM

Jan 2020
For those of you that are under 30: What do you think your life will be after you turn 30? How do you see people that are over 30?

For those of you that are over 30: How's your current life compared to when you're younger?
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2020 6:18 AM

Jan 2009
im over 30 but my lameness is due to schizophrenia im sure lol

but maybe there is no more raging hormones like excessive testosterone in father time like science says so ye youre not some edgy or lively person once you reach that age i guess
Dec 9, 2020 6:27 AM

Oct 2012
Not necessarily. My mother is 60 and she's wild. You just have to keep your inner child alive.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Dec 9, 2020 6:28 AM

Aug 2012
You like evangelion you are already lame.

Jokes aside. Over 30 its Better now. In my 20s I did not but play video games and work all day. I dated a few people hate them. Successful job and relationships wise.
Dec 9, 2020 6:31 AM

Nov 2017
Unlike a number of people, I don't see 30 as "old" and I find that to be an unhealthy mentality. It's a nice milestone for sure, but there are still decades more adult life ahead. It's up to me on how to interpret being in my 30's. It's just there.

Once I'm 30, I expect to have grown into a better person. I'll still be awesome and happy, but even more so. I'll have grown physically and intellectually and improved at my creative pursuits.

That's stuff to look forward to, not dread
Dec 9, 2020 6:40 AM

Mar 2018
Definitely not! I converse with many olden folk both here and away, they never let me down. But that's simply thanks to my phenomenal taste in people.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Dec 9, 2020 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
I already turned 34 this year. I joined the military age 24 and I swear I haven’t been able to live life the way I want to ever since. Now? It always some responsibility for this or for that and I was meant to get married this year and fiancée turned 30 this year so you know she wants kids ASAP. And I feel like I owe it to her because I’ve been in her life since she was 21. Sigh...

I’m all for duty and responsibility but what’s the point when you don’t get the proper recognition for it and instead everyone just expects you to constantly do more more and more? Yet if I was living on my own and in a fulfilling career I could do whatever the fuck I like.

Life is unfair.

Dec 9, 2020 6:50 AM

Jul 2016
Most certainly not. I don't know why some people think that you become lame when you're getting older.
Dec 9, 2020 7:07 AM

Aug 2016
Over 30 here. I would say it got a bit worse compared to my 20s, mostly me being still alone.
Otherwise not much changed. Still do same work, still have similar responsibilities. Still enjoy playing games, books and anime, although the enjoyment starts to fade a bit.
Dec 9, 2020 7:13 AM

Oct 2015
I have seen no change from my friends who turned 30. I am not far behind, but I sometimes feel far behind friends of mine who got family, house and all. I have some goals I want to reach before I turn 30, though.

BannedAkko said:
I already turned 34 this year. I joined the military age 24 and I swear I haven’t been able to live life the way I want to ever since. Now? It always some responsibility for this or for that and I was meant to get married this year and fiancée turned 30 this year so you know she wants kids ASAP. And I feel like I owe it to her because I’ve been in her life since she was 21. Sigh...

I’m all for duty and responsibility but what’s the point when you don’t get the proper recognition for it and instead everyone just expects you to constantly do more more and more? Yet if I was living on my own and in a fulfilling career I could do whatever the fuck I like.

Life is unfair.

I can relate to your fiancee for wanting kids not too late, but if you only accept to please her, that won't make you happy? I don't think it'd be good for anyone (And even more for the kid) if one of the parents didn't actually want to have them at this moment.

Isn't there any way you can get a more suitable life for yourself before? You fiancee may understand that.
Dec 9, 2020 7:22 AM

Sep 2020
Not necessarily, it depends on who you are and your life circumstances....Age is just a number you´ll still be the same person
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Dec 9, 2020 7:24 AM

Oct 2015
It'd help if they didn't all act like they became boomers who don't understand the young'uns the day they hit 30.
Dec 9, 2020 7:34 AM

Dec 2016
Yes but that's because they get tired of getting fucked everyday by the government.
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Dec 9, 2020 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
Nyarlathothep said:
I have seen no change from my friends who turned 30. I am not far behind, but I sometimes feel far behind friends of mine who got family, house and all. I have some goals I want to reach before I turn 30, though.

BannedAkko said:

Life is unfair.

I can relate to your fiancee for wanting kids not too late, but if you only accept to please her, that won't make you happy? I don't think it'd be good for anyone (And even more for the kid) if one of the parents didn't actually want to have them at this moment.

Isn't there any way you can get a more suitable life for yourself before? You fiancee may understand that.

My dad just turned 83. I’m his first child. So you see why I am in no rush. That said, people who have kids always say that there is no perfect time to have kids. All I know is that I am supposed to have kids and would like to have them to continue my bloodline and do what God asked us to do. To procreate.
Dec 9, 2020 8:41 AM

Oct 2019
I’ll get back to you on that in like.... fuckin 14 years
Dec 9, 2020 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
All I can say is that... gaming became irrelevant for me after the mid-30s and now feels like a chore and a complete waste of time (doesn't matter which games it is).

Reding, making art became more interesting for me (after yearly 30s).

Also, Live-Action media, pop-music became irrelevant after my early 20s, and I can't even stand watching any movies or listen to any pop music after that.

Also, I've become more annoyed with people who are talking too much (or loud people in general) IRL (that happened after my 30s).
Dec 9, 2020 9:05 AM

Dec 2020
Women become lame after 30.

Their body and thus also their intellect detoriorates rapidly after their initial youth spike.

For men it depends on their substance abuse and how well they take care of their health.
Dec 9, 2020 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
in principle yes, but still, if you survived till 30 that means you have a vast experience in lots of domains, so you shouldn't get depressed, I'm 30 since october
Dec 9, 2020 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
i think that it’s quite the opposite.

as one ages, the less fucks one tends to give
Dec 9, 2020 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
I suppose otherwise as majority of these people's legs still work.
Dec 9, 2020 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
p0ckyy said:
i think that it’s quite the opposite.

as one ages, the less fucks one tends to give

Only true depending how you lived your until then.

Konradikon said:
I suppose otherwise as majority of these people's legs still work.

Legs don't go until your mid 70s.
Dec 9, 2020 11:44 AM

Nov 2017
Maybe from the point of view of teenagers. But teenagers are overall idiots anyways. And over 30s that try to act hip just end up coming off even more cringe and lame then they would if they acted their age. So I guess there is no winning.
Dec 9, 2020 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
I'm in my thirties and I don't think I'm lame. But what do I know...
Dec 9, 2020 11:53 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
vuxk said:
For those of you that are over 30: How's your current life compared to when you're younger?

Exactly the same way I've been the last 17 years since finding anime. Not a damn thing has changed. Except jobs. I think my life has been great and I don't regret it.

As for lame? No, more like the younger people are lame. Thinking they own the damn place and won't basically shut up. But that's just my opinion.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Dec 9, 2020 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
My mother and my mother-in-law are batshit-insane -- probably more than most of you will ever be.

Bruh... Only lame people turn lame(r), but if you're already swaggy AF, then you cool.
Dec 9, 2020 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
Yes. Have you seen a boomer try to act cool? It's cringe.
Dec 9, 2020 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
I'm almost 28 and think I'm entering the best years of my life so nope!
Dec 9, 2020 3:09 PM

Dec 2015
I mean, after the age of 30 I stopped living a hard rocking party lifestyle and started working a 9 - 5 job.
If that makes me lame then...yeah I'm lame now and I know it.
Dec 9, 2020 3:15 PM

Sep 2007
RandomFriday said:
Over 30 here. I would say it got a bit worse compared to my 20s, mostly me being still alone.
Otherwise not much changed. Still do same work, still have similar responsibilities. Still enjoy playing games, books and anime, although the enjoyment starts to fade a bit.

I'm pretty much the same here as it would just depend on any commitments you have now and in the future.
Dec 9, 2020 3:17 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I'm already more lame than everyone over 30 I know, you'd be hard pressed to find a more boring person than me.
Dec 9, 2020 3:57 PM
Feb 2020
two things

-There's nothing sadder than trying to act "down with the kids" after 30. You should realize you're in the adult world by 20 at latest.

-this question implies kids are cool, which isn't really true anymore. Today's youth "counterculture" is a pathetic consumerist LARP of past decades' counterculture. Kids don't even know how to watch a movie or hear an album if they can't find it on netflix or spotify, and I'm supposed to think they're more cool and 'in touch' than adults? just fucking lol
Dec 9, 2020 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
See....here's the biggest problem with you fucking kids.

You haven't lived long enough to know anything.

Go ahead and call me a Boomer and other memes.

At least I'm not BITCHING online about not being able to get laid and how my life is over despite only being 20 years old.

Imagine for ONE second if we fucking listened to people like that.
Dec 9, 2020 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
Yes, you could be healthy until the exact time you were born, 30 years later, and then suddenly your arm breaks and you become handicapped, and they send you the handicap parking for your 30th birthday.

My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 9, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
Kagami said:

No jokes or memes.

I can easily say that my best years have been since I turned 30.

I saved enough money to do BIG things, high school and college are a distant memory, and career wise, I've finally made it to a place where my earning potential is starting to get pretty good.
Dec 9, 2020 5:11 PM

Jun 2014
--ALEX-- said:
Kagami said:

No jokes or memes.

I can easily say that my best years have been since I turned 30.

I saved enough money to do BIG things, high school and college are a distant memory, and career wise, I've finally made it to a place where my earning potential is starting to get pretty good.

I hear you. I can openly admit I was pretty lame at 22. I wasn't too attractive in my opinion. I feel like once I turned 25/26, I started getting more attractive and adopting new styles to go with my look. I think some people are simply late bloomers. I'm happy my peak wasn't 18.
Dec 9, 2020 5:17 PM

Nov 2016
So eh what does lame mean again?

As for the other thing according to my country's standard if I can get a stable job during my first 2 years after finishing uni by the time I'm 30 I should be happily married and getting ready to welcome my second child.
JoyBoy_316Dec 9, 2020 5:23 PM
Dec 9, 2020 6:58 PM

Nov 2018
I'm excited to hit my 30's! I think there's a lot I can get done between now and then, and hopefully by the time I'm 30 I'll be able to appreciate the fruit of my efforts. My parents always said that their 30's were their best years. I'm tempted to believe it. 30 is still so young, but at the same time a super mindful and adult decade.

🌟 current favorite song
💖 cute gift for u

you REALLY want to click my dragons...
Dec 9, 2020 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
--ALEX-- said:
See....here's the biggest problem with you fucking kids.

You haven't lived long enough to know anything.

Go ahead and call me a Boomer and other memes.

At least I'm not BITCHING online about not being able to get laid and how my life is over despite only being 20 years old.

Imagine for ONE second if we fucking listened to people like that.

Lol that was way harsh man. I guess it’s true for the weeb virgins but there are still those outside of this who are able to find sex with ease and grace.
Dec 10, 2020 12:13 AM

Jun 2011
I just turned 30. I think I am more mentally healthy than I have been.... but I do still miss having high school and stuff to do. Disability kinda blows.

But I had to to work on getting better. Sadly conditions are perminent. I am married, I have a dog. And I am fairly happy.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 10, 2020 1:28 AM

Jun 2015
yes, i plan to kill myself on my 30th birthday so i'll always be cool

Dec 10, 2020 2:45 AM

Jun 2019
The day I hit 30s is the day my back gave up.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Dec 10, 2020 3:47 AM

Dec 2008
Illuminatli said:
Not necessarily. My mother is 60 and she's wild. You just have to keep your inner child alive.

Well said. I'm very in touch with my inner child.
Dec 10, 2020 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
No, they only become lame after 30 push-ups.
Dec 10, 2020 6:42 AM

Aug 2020
it's like wearing a pair of shoes suddenly you look down and realize that you're 30 your shoes are just shoes they need replacing and they need to be functional and inexpensive.

Dec 10, 2020 8:46 AM

Oct 2019
I mean I wouldn't necessarily think so, however the joys from childhood (and especially teen years) disappear. Sure, you can act like a kid at heart, but you can't act stupid as shit anymore.
Dec 10, 2020 9:08 AM

May 2018
Close to that age and yes I already feel like want to enjoy freedom and stop working.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Dec 10, 2020 9:24 AM

Jan 2014
You make it sound like you life ends after 30 lmao. Thats not even old, I hope that ive grow as a person by then and have found a career I enjoy. I still see myself enjoying the stuff that I do now which I think is pretty cool.
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
Dec 10, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, 30 seems like the new 20. I'm almost in the middle and feel like a teenager, but that's mostly due to to everything happening in the last 5 years just in general.
Dec 10, 2020 1:25 PM

Jun 2015
I can only imagine myself more open, put-together, and overall content with my life, friends, personality, etc.
I'm all for it and even sort of look forward to it :D no rush, though.
Dec 10, 2020 2:25 PM

Mar 2016
No I’m already mentally a middle age men and my life isn’t lame.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How did you invent your username?

DesuMaiden - 2 hours ago

18 by nightcoredx »»
6 minutes ago

» When did more women start to work than being houswifes in the USA?

Zack312 - 3 hours ago

13 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

39 by Noboru »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you read posts here that are long?

_--UwU--_ - 7 hours ago

23 by DesuMaiden »»
47 minutes ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Jun 13

37 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.