Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2020 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A reminder that Mahito is one of the most dangerous characters in this show. I just find it slightly amusing that he can talk so casually with a normal human. But then again, he's the one that decided to get involved with Junpei.

Glad to see Mahito fight against Nanami this episode like from the manga and he's no pushover. Quite an intense fight and imo, Mappa made that look impactful. Out of all the Cursed Spirits introduced so far, Mahito is the most interesting and perhaps, also most human.
Dec 4, 2020 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
The indifferent revengeful Junpei really thinking of getting into Mahito's shoes, and for good reason. But for Yuuji, it's a roundabout approach for him and the Jujutsu sorcerers to make truth out of him for where he stands. The operation is a funny fail, and to make matters worse, getting the commoner out of the way 1st to make headwinds with Junpei.

Meanwhile, Nanami vs. Mahito is FIRE, and the latter truly is playing around on the former's toes. But I don't know which is scarier: Mahito's Idle Transfiguration or Nanami's desire to get off work no matter the situation. Either way, Nanami being at a disadvantage against Mahito sure is bad enough, but overtime sure really brings out his insane Jujitsu power.

The fight continues next week! Plus, this week's Juju Stroll is funny as heck LOLOL
KANLen09Dec 5, 2020 7:56 PM
Dec 4, 2020 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Junpei's negative feeling don't stop. But when Yuuji appeared, he will change his mind...maybe.
Very cool battle. I got interested in Nanami's true power.
Dec 4, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
I'm one of the minority that finds Mahito so boring and unwatchable as a character. Still the fight with Nanami looks nice to watch, I have to rate the consistency MAPPA have shown with this show considering they had a lot on their plate other than this show this year with God of High School, Dorohedoro, Attack on Titan S4 soon, Listeners, etc.
Dec 4, 2020 11:02 AM
Jan 2020
Can you believe Akutami-sensei is the one storyboarding Juju Strolls? Bless them.
Also Gojo is 28 yo, a whole grown ass man who steals students' skirts tsk-tsk

Dec 4, 2020 11:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm despite meeting such a powerful being Junpei's attitude is surprisingly composed. Guess his hatred of humans is just that much. In the present seems Gojou really skipped past the basics in order to get Itadori ready. Nanami's battle against the curse though sure was fun. Though sad its impossible to save the victims that ahd been transformed. Better to grant them mercy through a quick death instead. Overall an interesting ep that did well to contrast the story via the tension imparted by Itadori's investigation into Junpei and Nanami's fight with the curse that's proving deadly enough for him to make use of his true power to face him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2020 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

The conversation between Junpei and Mahito was well done, interesting stuff. Same goes for the little conversation between Mahito and Nanami and if I were to choose I think it makes more sense for the soul to exist before the body. Action sequences were good as expected and Nanami with the overtime powerup at the end was awesome. I love how he's like, I want to get off work exactly at 6.

I really hope Junpei finds a friend in Yuuji, it does sound like he took an interest in him. I'd hate to see him go down the fickle path that Mahito seems to have told him is fine.

Goddamn these post credit sequences are hilarious. Satoru the absolute madman. xD
Dec 4, 2020 11:24 AM
Oct 2016
Getting into the meat and potatoes of this arc now. Nanami has gone to find Mahito and truly has his hands full facing the curse in those sewers. Nanami isn't matched up well against Mahito with how his cursed energy works. Their fight looked amazing! Gotta hand it to the animators this week with how they made everything look. It flowed great with the changes perfection, and movements of the fight. Mahito using his demented technique with those literal humans he's shrunken down. Enlarging them to use against Nanami, whom says he doesn't care but is obviously shaken up by seeing human beings used this way. Mahito asking Nanami an interesting question about the soul and the body. Same thing he was talking to Junpei about earlier in the episode. Souls are certainly fickle things but Mahito has a warped idea about them imo. Mahito is an interesting character all around. This is his first big introduction in the series. He's giving Nanami all he can handle right now
Dec 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2019
Mahito vs nanami was epic this episode, made him go into overtime... seems itadori captured Junpei, let's see what happens between them.

Dec 4, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2020
Thoughts on episode 10!?
Mahito vs Nanami was friggin awesome

Dec 4, 2020 11:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yuuji's entrance for Junpei was hilarious to be honest xD

Jul 2020
Anytime I watch this I think there's no way the animation can get any better than this and MAPPA proves me wrong each time

Jul 2012
Phew, I thought Nanami was going to turn into one of his little human dolls.
Dec 4, 2020 11:32 AM

Sep 2019
Mahito vs Nanami was great so far and I expect it to get even better in the next episode. The post credits scene was really funny.

Jan 2009
"life is meaningless until you give it meaning" so Mahito is an existentialist eh

reshaping or morphing the soul is a cool power of Mahito though

and Nanami is awesome again

Aug 2013
Yep, Mahito vs Nanami was very cool. And Nanami has to work overtime. XD

Judging from the preview, next week's episode will be a great one.

Dec 4, 2020 11:35 AM

Nov 2014
Omy lord, this week's Juju Stroll is killing me

i do appreciate them using the author notes, which stated Inumaki loves to pull pranks, to make Inumaki a more rounded character
interesting how Gojo can legit do anything and still remain in character
ttcchenDec 4, 2020 11:42 AM
Dec 4, 2020 11:40 AM
Jul 2020
The animation is so pretty! :D
Dec 4, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2017
Dec 4, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2016
Feigning indifference, very edgy thing to do xD

Dope fight as usual and Nanami hit too close to home this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 4, 2020 11:55 AM
Feb 2019
A really good episode, the fight scene was very interesting.
Dec 4, 2020 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
Not quite sure how to feel about the Mahito vs nanami fight The animation isn't bad but it feels like scenes are missing and why does it have to be so dynamic? It's such a mess. https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1334903286265237504?s=19
This show could've been as great as the Demon Slayer adaption if it hadn't the God Of Highschool director.

On another note I appreciate they add a little more stuff (filler) to this arc since it felt rushed in the manga. Despite of that it is still good and where JJK really starts to shine. The anime has the potential to make to make it from good to amazing but the club scene before the opening was extremely cringe. Portraying the bullies more evil than they already are makes it just edgy.
NycroDec 4, 2020 1:32 PM
Dec 4, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2020
Nobara's reactions killed me xD
Dec 4, 2020 12:02 PM

Aug 2020
I feel like they're trying to make the villains more likable because to me I don't feel like Mahito is such a bad guy. Also WHAT THE HECK THE ENDING GOJO WAS WEARING NOBARA'S SKIRT LOL!!
Dec 4, 2020 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
Mahito vs Nanami is such an intense and nicely choreographed fight. I really like Nanami so I want him to be able to escape unscathed.

Damn, Junpei has had an awful time at school being bullied by those assholes. The methods they used were so fucking cruel. I don't blame the guy for being manipulated, I mean even if he just hated them and wanted them to die it is still reasonable in a way.

I wonder whether Yuuji and Junpei will become friendly with each other after their first meeting, and after what the OP hinted.
Dec 4, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2020
Nanami is so cool wow and this episode was so funny too

Dec 4, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
I've said this before, but I'll say this again: Junpei is a much more interesting character than the main cast and almost every scene around him is much more interesting than what we usually have. I actually started to be invested in the show a bit more thanks to him. Hopefully the show doesn't focus in being so much on being a "battle shounen" and start going more deep in the characters and it's story. Another good thing about this episode was that it didn't had many unecessary jokes as before.
Dec 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2014
Nycro said:
Not quite sure how to feel about the Mahito vs nanami fight The animation isn't bad but it feels like scenes are missing and why does it have to be so dynamic? It's such a mess.

On another note I appreciate they add a little more stuff (filler) to this arc since it felt it felt rushed in the manga. Despite of that it is still a good arc and where JJK really starts to shine. The anime has potential to make it grandious but the club scene before the opening was extremely cringe. Portraying the bullies more evil than they already are makes it just edgy.

that club scene indeed wasn't in the manga, but it was in the author notes. Gege said it themselves that they regretted not adding it in and making Junpei's backstory more fleshed out. In the Junpei character introduction, Gege wrote about this club and stuff, so the anime is just adding that in to flesh out the character.
Dec 4, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2018
It's almost impossible to take the bullies at the start seriously
_______I like rocks__
Dec 4, 2020 12:40 PM
Jul 2020
This man did not just say he keeps spare humans on him. I don't ever wanna see anyone saying that they simp for this man.

a great episode, really liked it :)

lmao the ending was funny I liked it, I always look forward to those. omfg I can't with gojo
Dec 4, 2020 12:47 PM
Nov 2014
So... from now on, everytime I'll go into overtime, my strength increases... I like the thought of it. That's the "overtime mode".

I love Yuji casually running off with the sensei's pants only to return a few seconds later.

Gojo though... ^-^
Dec 4, 2020 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode.

Seems that boy has a lot of negative emotions, but can we blame him for getting bullied and beaten up by those guys that have now died. Now that Yuuji is having an encounter with him, perhaps he can put him back into the right direction. I do wonder what Mahito did to the boy.

Fight between Nanami and Mahito was pretty cool. The continuation next week seems to be even more lit as Nanami will go in "overtime".

Oh my lord that Juju Stroll was freaking hilarious XD
Dec 4, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
Looks like there is no choice but to work overtime as bothersome as it is! Poor guy, and its Saturday tomorrow! That panda certainly has some interesting fetishes :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 4, 2020 12:58 PM

May 2019
lolol Juju Strolls are getting better each episode

Junpei is a sad dude with a sad past. The bullying he faced reminds me of Lookism.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 4, 2020 1:26 PM

Feb 2019
MAPPA snapped yet again on this episode. Nanami v Mahito was fire, can’t wait to see how they handle the second half next week.

That Junpei bullying scene was a lot harder to watch than to read. There’s just no reason to be that cruel to someone. It doesn’t benefit you in anyway. Disgusting.
Dec 4, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2016
Nanami <3 so cool and strong

Dec 4, 2020 1:46 PM
Dec 2020
Pretty good episode, albeit a bit slow. The club-room scene felt pointlessly reiterative since we already knew from last episode that he was bullied and the bullies themself just came across as cartoonish.

I really liked the discussion about how "the opposite of love is indifference", and how nuances change depending on language.

The production quality continues to impress. I still think my biggest issue with the series is how underdeveloped the main characters are, especially the relationships between them.

Nanami might just be my favourite character thus far.
Dec 4, 2020 1:58 PM
Oct 2012
The bad coreography and the filler annoy me.

At this point I don't know if they will end the adaptation at chapter 64 or 54. But if second season has to cover the current manga arc they should go for the former.
Dec 4, 2020 2:01 PM

Feb 2018
Nothing big in this episode kinda boring.
Dec 4, 2020 2:13 PM

Oct 2020
Decent episode. I wonder what will happen with the boy that they are going to question, and how it may tie in to the fight with the spirit.
Dec 4, 2020 2:18 PM

Oct 2019
Incredible episode! The way Yuji met Yoshino was perfect. Very cool writing.
Got serious FMAB vibes from this episode, especially from Mahito. Or should I say Envy? Either way— amazing.
The opening conversation was very interesting and very FMAB(sorry for comparing lol. Jokes on you I don’t even like FMAB)
The sewer fight reminded me of the one between Bradley and Greed in FMAB.
Mahito vs Nanami was incredibly well animated. The art was mind blowingly good. MAPPA, this is your year. Even with God of High School MAPPA knocked it out of the park.
Can’t wait for next week.
AcbSnakeDemonDec 4, 2020 2:22 PM
Dec 4, 2020 2:21 PM

Oct 2019
Danae said:

Damn, Junpei has had an awful time at school being bullied by those assholes. The methods they used were so fucking cruel.

Ikr I felt so bad for Yoshino and I hated the bullies— thank god they died.
Dec 4, 2020 2:38 PM

Nov 2020
Really liked the episode - but I think the series is getting slower week for week.
Dec 4, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
Really interesting episode. Seeing more of the "backstory" with the kid getting bullied. Makes me wonder for things to come he probably has cursed energy in spades after what he went through. (Idk if that is how if works...) And he clearly recognized our boys uniform by the button so next episode should be interesting to see what happens. Nanamins attitude to work is pretty spot on. xD You better not make him work overtime. Should be good next episode. Also Jujutsu Sanpo was hilarious as always!
Dec 4, 2020 2:45 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Junpei continues to follow in Mahito's footsteps and has a serious mean streak against the people he hates. Itadori unintentionally saved that teacher's life by jumping into his conversation with Junpei and taking his pants away from him. Meanwhile, Nanami is having trouble dealing with Mahito's Idle Transfiguration, but now we get to see what Nanami is like when he is in overtime mode.
Dec 4, 2020 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Another wonderful episode. Man the comedy just never fails to crack me up in this show.

Kento saying that he's going into overtime was so hype.

Yuuji pantsing the teacher was hilarious. May or may not have a childish sense of humor lol.

Don't forget to watch till the end!! Man all these skits at the end are so amazing.

Was it just me or this episode went by really fast though?
Dec 4, 2020 3:34 PM

Mar 2017
Damn, Mahito is so fucking dangerous! He only has to touch you and you're screwed and that cursed technique is absolutely vile, the way he twists and tortures people's soul... he is evil on another level.

I feel really sorry for Junpei because he seems like such a sweet person but he's also so vulnerable. Meeting Mahito before he met Itadori was the worst thing that could happen to him because he just wants someone to treat him like he's worth something but unfortunately, the person who did that is a frickin' psycho filling his head with twisted shit.
Dec 4, 2020 3:59 PM
Sep 2020
I wouldn't mind if they left out the juju scroll in exchange for more episode time.
Dec 4, 2020 4:12 PM
Dec 2019
Of course the author will go with the "revenge=bad" route...
Dec 4, 2020 4:15 PM

Mar 2010
Damn that fight seemed so intense o.o Shit what a fucking cliffhanger ffs

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

278 by soradeeeznuts »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

649 by escarabajo »»
Yesterday, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

353 by escarabajo »»
Jun 2, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

304 by escarabajo »»
Jun 2, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

497 by Genkai »»
Jun 2, 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.