Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 4, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this is interesting...Arisa encounters Kureno. Their character chemistry is rather interesting so far if you ask me.

Episode also had some humorous moments especially thanks to Haru and his mischievous deeds. Poor Toru, I guess she's not used to surprises, especially scary ones.
Stark700May 4, 2020 11:06 AM
May 4, 2020 10:58 AM
Aug 2019
Yes, Kureno is finally animated.
I see they kept the haunted house chapter, Haru trying to tell an emotional story lol.
Summer is finally here that means the beach arc is coming soon can't wait.

May 4, 2020 10:59 AM

Dec 2019
Arisa meets Kureno this episode and at first, I believed they could be soulmates, But I don't know now...... But age is just a number in anime.

The hunted house part of the episode is just...... I have no words but it was hilarious.
Honestly, this whole episode was just amazing and fun to watch, 5/5

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 4, 2020 11:13 AM
Sep 2015
If this is sci-fi Arisa would be a perfect character to create another loop of suffering and joy, she'd married that man, have a daughter that similar to Tohru, and Arisa would die leaving her daughter alone to encounter the next generation of zodiac boys.

But if it involves time-travel, then Arisa might be Tohru's mother! (Though it'd need an extra large explanation to convince the audience)

Though I don't understand why she said she's in junior highscool instead of highschool???
May 4, 2020 11:15 AM

Apr 2014
Freaking heck. Why? That guy Kureno looks so gloomy even if he is smiling. And Uo-chan having to take a liking to him? Oh man. Not only that. He is a Soma? What is Akito doing to him? Curses! I am crying and screaming hard into madness. Somebody help me!!
May 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Some focus on Arisa in this episode. So we have a new Souma introduced. But I wonder what his relationship Akito is.

Oh, and Haru with that emotional story. That was hilarious.

May 4, 2020 11:26 AM
Oct 2016
Remember back in episode two when I said to remember the fact that Arisa meet a guy at work? Well here he is folks!! Kureno is finally in the anime! Today is a good day. After a few teasing glimpses before we now see the goodest boi animated fully. Get through the fluff this episode first by saying that the haunted house trip was very cute. Haru coming up with that story which both Tohru and Momiji got enamored by. Kyo and Yuki just eyerolling through the whole thing. It was kinda funny but also a bit drawn out. I did laugh at the fact that in the flashback to that dead solder as a kid he still was bald and had the arrow in his head. But that's also probably the last bit of levity we have for some time.

Since the rest of the episode of some super emotional scenes with Arisa and Kureno. He is a dashing fellow so makes sense Arisa would be love at first sight over him. He's charming but also gentle with the clumsiness. Something very similar to Tohru as Arisa notices. That similarity will be thing to remember for later too. The scene with the two getting lunch was really well done in the anime. Kureno explaining how he lives not coming out right to Arisa since he described it all as unnecessary time being spent. Of course that's not how he actually feels, it's just that being a Sohma he doesn't get too many luxuries. And as we see by the end he's very much wrapped up with Akito so he's got an even shorter leash than the other zodiac members. Very interesting character Kureno, happy he's here.
May 4, 2020 11:26 AM

May 2015
For some reason, I didn't like this episode as much as the past ones. I'm not sure why.

Arisa and Kureno make a nice couple though.
May 4, 2020 11:28 AM

Dec 2019
Full_Moon_33 said:
Where did you watch it ? Still not available on gogoanime & animefreak...

I watch it on Crunchyroll but it also comes out on funimation around the same time.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

May 4, 2020 11:30 AM

Apr 2009
Dreamxer said:
Full_Moon_33 said:
Where did you watch it ? Still not available on gogoanime & animefreak...

I watch it on Crunchyroll but it also comes out on funimation around the same time.

It's fine, it's available now :) Thanks !
May 4, 2020 11:34 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Idk why I feel this way but this season is not even half as enjoyable as season 1 for me.

3/5
cchiguMay 4, 2020 11:39 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 4, 2020 11:37 AM

Dec 2019
phantomfandom said:
If this is sci-fi Arisa would be a perfect character to create another loop of suffering and joy, she'd married that man, have a daughter that similar to Tohru, and Arisa would die leaving her daughter alone to encounter the next generation of zodiac boys.

But if it involves time-travel, then Arisa might be Tohru's mother! (Though it'd need an extra large explanation to convince the audience)

Wow, that is some theory, Never would have thought of something like this. Also, Arisa kinda looks like Tohru's mother in a way and we never fully saw what Tohru's father looks like.
If Arisa and Tohru's mom were the same person it would explain why she saved Arisa and how she knew Arisa would be in trouble leaving her Gang.
But really I don't think the show would go in this direction.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

May 4, 2020 11:40 AM

Dec 2019
I haven't read the manga, but i'm already in love with Kureno. Definitely the funniest episode of them all especially Haru
May 4, 2020 11:42 AM
Dec 2017
I really loved Kyo's and Yuki's mutual disappointment of the gang at the haunted house.
May 4, 2020 11:51 AM

Dec 2018
cchigu said:
Idk why I feel this way but this season is not even half as enjoyable as season 1 for me.

3/5

Easy now... it will be all worth the wait.
May 4, 2020 11:54 AM
May 2017
Now that i've re-read the manga looking at the b*tch Akito makes me wanna puke. Poor Arisa.

cchigu said:

3/5

If what you meant by enjoyable is more laugh and less drama then maybe you're right. Because there'll be much more dramas towards the end.
Rytakahashi09May 4, 2020 12:17 PM
May 4, 2020 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
What I really like from the comedic parts in this episode and the ones before is that it's not JUST meant to give us lighthearted wholesome feelings, cringe or no cringe....what kinda occurred to me is that it shows how well the characters click with each other in terms of chemistry and interactive dynamics.

As usual, though, this show suddenly shifts tones by showing a very fucked-up side of Kureno (I don't think I need to say what I think he's doing with Akito in that last part). Way to play with one's feelings here, ffs lol.
May 4, 2020 11:59 AM

Feb 2018
Poor Kureno... Arisa was able to tell almost instantly he was hiding a lot of pain behind those eyes. I was sort of getting ready to ship them, and then find out he's like 9 or 10 years older. Oof.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 4, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
that haunted house director is definitely a big mood : "What's up with all the attractiveness? Are they models or something?" + Kureno now, an even hotter Soma, damn.
The mystery around Akito & the curse is growing by each episode..
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

May 4, 2020 12:10 PM
Feb 2020
Omg the haunting house was so hilarious I can't believe I also got touched by tht story
Arisa and kureno look damn cute together like they are soulmate I thought he actually kissed her
This is gonna be interesting seeing akito in picture so is kureno a soma too?
May 4, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
phantomfandom said:

Though I don't understand why she said she's in junior highscool instead of highschool???

She didn't; that's a sub mistake. She says "Koukou ni" (Second year in high school).

@axel360

Go ahead and ship them! The relationship would be legal after one year. xD

May 4, 2020 12:37 PM
Jun 2014
phantomfandom said:

I don't think this is considered a spoiler, but she is most certainly not Tohru's mom and there is no time travel in this series haha While that definitely would have been an interesting route for the story to take. Her mother's backstory is actually told in the manga, and will likely encompass at least 2 episodes of the anime once it is animated, so just wait ;)
May 4, 2020 12:43 PM

Mar 2017
The first half of this episode was hilarious. Haru is amazing, the way he made such a moving backstory for an animatronic ghost haha

But that second half... I was struck by how beautiful Kureno is! It was obvious he was a Sohma because of the aura of sadness he has and I'm guessing that he's being forced to live a life he hates by Akito. I've seen people say that Akito's story is sad but right now I can only hate her.
May 4, 2020 12:46 PM

Mar 2019
The scene in the haunted house killed me, it was amazing!
I didn't expect that at the end, what a fkn chad
May 4, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
The story in the haunted house makes me wanna cry too, I am more touched than the manager of the house. Beautiful re-union for mother and son.
May 4, 2020 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
As soon as I realized this episode would focus more on Arisa I couldn't stop grinning, she's just too cute.

The encounter between her and Kureno really catched me. There was a good amount of pressure in that segment, but not as much to consider it heavy-handed, the bits of comedy also helped to balance it out. I'm intrigued to see how things will develop, also can't wait to learn more about Kureno's backround. Great episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2020 1:05 PM

May 2019
Wow I've just realised Akito is a female. I feel so dumb I've always thought she was a petite dude.

Arisa's love life developed quicker than Tohru in just one episode lol (it was very cheesy tho) but wtf he's with Akito too? What's so special about her why does everyone act like she's the god? Does she have Saitama level strength or something, what's so frightening about her? If she's that evil then that means it's time for a coup!

And oh boy, Kureno is gorgeous.
bluninjaMay 4, 2020 1:10 PM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 4, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
damn Kureno felt so lifeless the whole time, looking forward to seeing more of their developments

the haunted house segment was absolute jokes

nanimeanswhat said:
Wow I've just realised Akito is a female. I feel so dumb I've always thought she was a petite dude.

actually funnily enough, in the original FB anime Akito was a dude lol
May 4, 2020 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
We finally meet Kureno! I didn't think he would be an ore-type, I thought he's a boku-type. :O Anyway, I'm so happy we got chapter 48 together with chapter 50. No chapter got skipped, so happy. <3 They did change some minor things, or rather exclude them, but nothing very important. They probably couldn't fit them all in the episode.

Next episode is chapter 53. We get to see more of
And then the Beach arc starts, can't wait! \o/ Here we go with more serious development, guys! But anime makers, please dont's skip chapters 56-57 which are about
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
May 4, 2020 1:40 PM
Feb 2019
alphazero4um said:
Freaking heck. Why? That guy Kureno looks so gloomy even if he is smiling. And Uo-chan having to take a liking to him? Oh man. Not only that. He is a Soma? What is Akito doing to him? Curses! I am crying and screaming hard into madness. Somebody help me!!
Maybe similar to how yuki previously was atleast well as it's been hinted. He is probally confined in a room.
May 4, 2020 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
This episode marks the anime debut of Kureno Sohma and adapts Chapters 48 and 50 of the manga. The events of both chapters are combined together for this episode and have some scene details changed to maintain consistency in the episode's narrative due to this. Here were changes I noticed with this episode:

-Arisa’s flashback of recalling when Tohru caused a stack of books she was carrying to fall to the floor while bowing was added for the anime.
-When Saki is shown with the various summer objects in her hands in the manga, she was also carrying a beach ball and the water tube had a striped pattern instead of being solid black in color.
-The conversation between Tohru and her friends in the classroom was added for the anime, following the point where the male classmates get dumbfounded with learning Saki won’t need to take summer classes. Dialogue mentioning Arisa meeting a guy was originally covered in Chapter 50 of the manga when Tohru, Saki, and Megumi went to the cafe that Arisa was working in.
-While going through the shopping complex, Momiji was holding Tohru’s hand in the manga.
-The kappa that scares Tohru while in the haunted house was added for the anime.
-The anime removed Arisa seeing Tohru, Saki, and Megumi coming into the cafe she was working at for lunch. Outside of mentioning the guy Arisa seen, Megumi remarked he came with the girls to see Arisa in a mini-skirt and Arisa would get reprimanded by her manager for socializing with her friends.
-When Arisa discovered how restrictive Kureno’s lifestyle was, she was still sitting down instead of standing up in the manga.
-Tohru was originally with Megumi and the girls in the manga when they went out for dinner. Due to Tohru not being present during this scene in the anime, this led to some of the scene’s dialogue being changed.
-While at Shigure’s house having dinner, Tohru and the guys were dressed in casual clothes in the manga. In addition, Shigure’s presence here is anime-only and led to some additional dialogue being added to the scene as a result.
May 4, 2020 1:55 PM

Mar 2019
Yes! Finally we get to see Kureno animated. And he is GORGEOUS! And next week is boy oh boy!!

nanimeanswhat said:

Arisa's love life developed quicker than Tohru in just one episode lol (it was very cheesy tho) but wtf he's with Akito too? What's so special about her why does everyone act like she's the god? Does she have Saitama level strength or something, what's so frightening about her? If she's that evil then that means it's time for a coup!

And oh boy, Kureno is gorgeous.

Shhhhh!! You're not supposed to know yet that.....
Is it really that obvious? xD

May 4, 2020 2:01 PM

Feb 2016
Shit, that cliffhanger tho D:

See Yesterday wo Uttate? this is how you do an engaging romance of a first sight love.

That Hatsuharu tale at the horror house tho XD. Amusing reactions from Tohru and Momiji
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 4, 2020 2:31 PM

Jan 2018
Finally the haunted house got animated and I laughed so much!
I love how they did it like the manga so perfectly.
And finally we got to see Kureno in this episode! His character design is so beautiful.

And most likely they're going to the beach in the next episode. (Maybe chapters 53 and 54)

May 4, 2020 2:34 PM

Feb 2020
i've always been meaning to read the manga but never got to chance to but seeing arisa and kureno's relationship/meeting (idk how to call it lmao) made me read the manga immediately which i'll definitely be doing!!
it's an anime so i don't really care about the age gap.. uh beside from that kureno the way he's animated so perfectly omg. like arisa saw his smile even though meant to be happy seems gloomy at the same time which is obviously linked to akito and the zodiacs.

Mod Edit: Removed spoilers. This is an anime only dicussion post, please post anything from the manga that hasn't happened yet.
LunaMay 17, 2020 9:39 AM
May 4, 2020 2:57 PM
Jul 2019
As a German the age gap discourse is funny to me. You're pretty much considered an adult 16, make your own decisions and can duck whoever you want. Ain't our business.
May 4, 2020 3:01 PM

Dec 2016
The haunted house was so great, really funny to me. And finally, Kureno is animated! He looks amazing.
May 4, 2020 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
The haunted house was pretty funny, Tohru never fails to surprise me! She's got guts though for going into that haunted house even if you're scared to death for it!

With the introduction of Kureno, it was pretty clear we were dealing with another Soma here and with the final scene that involved Akito, I can't help but feel bad for Arisa if it really was love at first sight for her :(
May 4, 2020 4:04 PM

Sep 2011
Haru's moving story was the best, I love that Tooru and Momiji took it seriously, there was even a sad music playing in the background while he narrated it. xD But the best part of the episode were the meetings between Kureno and Uo-chan. I agree with her when she says that he has this mysterious air around him, but it seems that he was drawn to her like she was drawn to him. It's kind of sad that they are both believing and accepting that they won't see each other again. Thankfully, no, not really thankfully, poor Kureno, he is also a victim of Akito. I mean, most certainly a Souma. Hopefully they will meet again through Tooru. Maybe sooner than later.
May 4, 2020 5:09 PM
May 2019
Is this show going to be 3 seasons this time around or are they gonna hammer it out in 2? I'd love for them to at least touch a little bit into Fruits Basket Another if not a full season. Glad we got to see Kureno and Arisa, it's always nice seeing that smile of hers once you get the background story for her life.
May 4, 2020 5:20 PM

Oct 2011
loved this episode... the funny parts made laugh, and the cute ones made me go all "awww"...

I think they took a bit too long on Hatsuharu story, but I overlook because Kureno and Arisa part was so damn cute
May 4, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Omg, that scene at the haunted house made me think I was watching Gintama. Haru is hilarious!

Very interesting new guy, he and Arisa were really cute.
And I'm too intrigued by what's the deal with Akito.
May 4, 2020 5:44 PM
Mar 2015
Great first meeting between Kureno and Arisa The closing scene with Akito was just perfect
May 4, 2020 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Aris seems to have taken quite the romantic liking to Kureno, the male version of Tohru, apparently. It is pretty cute, they both seem to be taken in with one another. Barring morals, the age difference between them isn't that much of a problem, considering the age of consent in Japan is 13 years old. Unfortunately, as I suspected from the hints sprinkled about here and there, Kureno seems to hold a relatively high position in the Souma clan, seeing how Akito is rather intimate with him. Surely, complications will arise from such a difficult arrangement for both Kureno and Ari. And Akito is female, no doubt about it. It is rather obvious at this point.

I truly liked the amusing story Hatsu told Tooru and Momiji, even made funnier by how astonished and emotional that manager-looking guy got. That was good.
May 4, 2020 7:19 PM
Sep 2017
That whole haunted house bit had me laughing SO much! Especially Haru’s story - he has quite the imagination, for sure! And wow - more eye candy in the form of the newest Soma, Kureno. The manager guy was right - they could all be models. I hope things work out for him and Arisa. GTH, Akito, you B!
May 4, 2020 8:45 PM
Apr 2018
Kureno is one hot ikemen! And also, Yuuichirou Umehara's voice!

The haunted house was hilarious.
May 4, 2020 8:49 PM

Mar 2020
Kureno's a sohma??? and Uotani likes him?? oh man, the drama of it all! lol. this makes me excited for future episodes, i can't wait to see how this all plays out. I hope Akito doesn't do anything to harm the poor guy.

the haunted house scene was so cute. could Yuki and Kyo actually be bonding over their exhaustion of that day? lmao. great episode once again.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

May 4, 2020 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
ISKKILL said:
Is this show going to be 3 seasons this time around or are they gonna hammer it out in 2?

There's no possible way to cram 23 manga volumes of story in two seasons so you can bet there will be a season 3...possibly even 4.

May 4, 2020 9:44 PM

Jul 2017
Kureno, another Soma member, finally makes his debut.

The start of summer break for Tohru and Co., and Arisa's coincidental meeting of Kureno at her workplace is an instant liking.

As much as Momiji's enthusiastic child-like behaviour insists, bringing them to a hunted house attraction is just...asking for scaredy-ness trouble for Tohru whilst Momiji is just walking through like a boss. The moment of Kyo and Yuki fighting to protect Tohru, what a tragedy HAHA as Momiji takes account. And most certainly I did not expect Hatsuharu to go full-on hammer with a make-up emotional story that's full of stupidity that brings on laughs.

Another coincidental meet, and it looks as if both Arisa and Kureno really hit it well together for first impressions. But Kureno's take on his life just wrecks her apart, and he acknowledges it back as a sign of Arisa's reverence, as if it's a declaration of love.

The cliffhanger of Akito and Kureno, just makes him a more fascinating character. Who is this ikemen, and what's his purpose going forward?
May 4, 2020 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
I heard the author is a fan of May December romances so there's an age gap but I think Arisa is graduating soon, she'll be 18 years old soon. Also, I don't take these things seriously in Anime and manga as long as it isn't too creepy. She's 17 and not 7 years old.

Anyway, Kureno is so handsome. He definitely is a man version of Tohru. Also, Akito was all over him at the end.

That haunted house scene was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I think the presence of Tohru, Hatsuharu and Momiji made it twice as fun.

Btw, I haven't read the manga but I know what happens based on spoilers I've read online.
臭い-
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.