Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Myne and Lutz share such a charming relationship in this show...I just can't help but smile.

However, there was also a moment this episode that showed Myne's angry side. I never seen her like that before and it's kinda scary if you ask me. Lol, that ending.
Oct 23, 2019 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Her attempt in making clay tablets failed at the end. Poor Maine.

Oct 23, 2019 10:07 AM
Sep 2015
Boys in her classroom are cute
Oct 23, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2008
Woah, Maine's eyes changed colors and she started glowing. Don't make Maine angry, you won't like her when she's angry. And her latest plan went up in smoke, literally. lol
Oct 23, 2019 10:19 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode. But if she was a bit smarter:
1. she would have taken the clay home and made the tablets there instead of wasting time in the forest
2. would have known that tablets are not burned like that. After the fire dies out you put them on the still hot coals. Otherwise the clay breaks.
Oct 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
AnimeJunky said:
Woah, Maine's eyes changed colors and she started glowing. Don't make Maine angry, you won't like her when she's angry. And her latest plan went up in smoke, literally. lol

I thought she was gonna get some magical power with those rainbow eyes, lol.
Oct 23, 2019 10:25 AM
Aug 2017
That ending is a big oof Main! Wet clay causes steam explosions! Your tablets are too thick! Let them air dry for days first! Don't fire the oven so hot! You'd be lucky to still have oven privileges after making a clay bomb that big!
Oct 23, 2019 10:57 AM
May 2016
Very cute, Myne's pain was real. :(
Oct 23, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2017
Aw poor Main. Her plan to make clay tablets failed and she suffered a fever once more. But there are good things happening as well. Like her apprenticeship at Otto's where she is learning to read and write! This episode also showed us that you should not mess with Main or she will get rainbow eyes which look quite intimidating. Also, Lutz' sincerity was adorable to watch. I am already looking forward to next week!
Oct 23, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2019
I'm enjoying this series more and more each episode. Myne (someone corrected me when I spelt it Main, as they do in the subtitles of the anime, it was Myne in the manga apparently) is priceless, I love her inner monologue, "yeah for the Sumerians, yeah for clay tablets.., hooray".

Her smug little face when she does something well, like the cooking at the beginning, is just adorable. I thought we might have reached the prologue we saw at the beginning of the series, but it seems we're not there yet, and I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying watching Myne on her journey.
Oct 23, 2019 11:35 AM
Aug 2017
At first with the eye stuff I was confused because I didn't remember that from the Manga so I went back to look (Chapter 10) and something weird did happen I just never noticed because its black and white so it's just like some blurry haze over her eyes. BTW, it's not exactly what you think it is.

Mesopotamia, you have failed us.
saiforsOct 23, 2019 11:46 AM
Oct 23, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
Main, you should ask this guy about how to make clay tablet.

何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 23, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2019
This anime is one of the most peaceful I've ever seen, it's healing to watch
Main is as cute as ever, I felt really sad when she got her tablets crushed but it ended pretty well anyway
Oct 23, 2019 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
Who is the artist for this episode's end card? I've never heard of Iida Seriko before. THe previous artists were the novel and the two manga illustrators, but this time it's someone I've never seen associated with the Honzuki series.

EDIT : oh, I found out, that's the illustrator for that sweets baking isekai from the same editor as Honzuki. Looks like we'll get illustrations from peoples working with TO Books and not just from illustrators associated with honzuki then.
ZefyrisOct 23, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 23, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2013
This show is adorable.
Oct 23, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
Another sweet / chill episode, this time showing more how kind Lutz is, those two make a cute couple, I wonder what was that aura, is there magic on that world or was that something exclusive to Myne.
Oct 23, 2019 12:46 PM

Jan 2016
Lmfao I can't believe those kids just stomped all over her clay tablets, what little fucking assholes.
"Oh sorry we didn't know they were important" ??????????????
SO YOU JUST STOMP ALL OVER SOMETHING RANDOMLY????????????
Oct 23, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2016
Lol, Myne knew something about making clay tablets, but it seems she forgot something really important xD.

Her glowing eyes tho, I wonder what kind of power does she have, she looked really intimidating.

BTDee said:
Lmfao I can't believe those kids just stomped all over her clay tablets, what little fucking assholes.

They're all kids, toddlers do things like that randomly, I bet you did many mischief when you were a little kid too. Kids their age only think of playing with anything even if they play with things they shouldn't play with.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 23, 2019 1:08 PM

Dec 2018
The animation is still so unattractive overall,,The food was a grey brown mess it looks so unappetising

Not even the females are attractive ,,I go totally fucking nuts over anime girls normally, I have a army of waifus!! But here noting,,They are as grey and boring as the food,,Still you haven't been able to present an acceptable waifu for me!! That is so sad!!

And then for some reason the poor street-children need to learn how to read? Why? They are going to the coalmine when they are like 10! And die from fucking Pneumoconiosis before they hit there 20s anyway! Stop wasting valuable time and rescuers!

I need to go and lie down and cry in fetal position after watching this ,, You made me a sad panda anime!!,, You have 2/10

Oct 23, 2019 1:27 PM

Oct 2015
Fey and the other kids didn't mean to though, she shouldn't have been that hard on them. In some way Maine is an adult, although not by physical appearance, she still is an adult in some sense and those were just kids.

Her progress is good so far, even though she burned those.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 23, 2019 1:31 PM

Mar 2014
I got all misty-eyed when Maine told Turi about her mom's first tale.

AkeZZZ said:
Main, you should ask this guy about how to make clay tablet.

yeah, I thought of this anime when I saw him with the clay tablets in the FGO anime last saturday.
Oct 23, 2019 1:37 PM
Jan 2019
very cute eps. Maine Maine Kyun~
Oct 23, 2019 2:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another really cute episode, the end was sad tho
Maine cutest girl !
Oct 23, 2019 3:42 PM

Mar 2019
i started watch this anime for no reason at all and i kinda loving it... I was F5 the site so much waiting for a new episode LUL
Oct 23, 2019 4:17 PM
Feb 2018
Mayne Ultra Instinct, that´s it
Oct 23, 2019 4:51 PM

Feb 2019
“I’ll never forgive you” Main must be protected at all costs.
Oct 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Feb 2017
lihle808 said:
Fey and the other kids didn't mean to though, she shouldn't have been that hard on them. In some way Maine is an adult, although not by physical appearance, she still is an adult in some sense and those were just kids.

How was she too hard on them? she just yelled at them about doing things without thinking(kids do this too and the other kids learn to be more careful from the experience), also yes they are kids but Lutz is a couple years younger than them and you don't see him being such a dumbass.

I'm guessing Main will eventually figure out at she'll get better results from selling stuff she "invents" and using said money to buy books/paper because her laser focus on making a book/paper/tablet is kinda annoying when she is making stuff that should sell for more than a few pages, but I guess thats the joke, that she is such a bookworm she doesn't realize other ways to her goal.
Oct 23, 2019 6:49 PM

Mar 2014
Oof, all the times her precious tablets got destroyed :(

Looks like Main's got some latent magic potential. Wonder how she'll react when she sees there's magic in that world
Oct 23, 2019 8:18 PM

Dec 2009
Poor Main... Ganbatte!
It's all a learning process, you are doing so well for someone without any expertise in any of these subjects, you'll get it! For clay tablets, you just need to be more careful how you cook them.

Interesting magical glow she started having when she got angry... Hope it's not some curse (though it might be with how much she gets sick).

Luxeraph said:
lihle808 said:

How was she too hard on them? she just yelled at them about doing things without thinking(kids do this too and the other kids learn to be more careful from the experience), also yes they are kids but Lutz is a couple years younger than them and you don't see him being such a dumbass.

I'm guessing Main will eventually figure out at she'll get better results from selling stuff she "invents" and using said money to buy books/paper because her laser focus on making a book/paper/tablet is kinda annoying when she is making stuff that should sell for more than a few pages, but I guess thats the joke, that she is such a bookworm she doesn't realize other ways to her goal.
I wouldn't call this a joke, but she may figure it out. She's mostly focussed on just being a book geek, and is also restricted to the brain of a child, so it might take a bit more thinking for her to think about it economically. I wasn't saying that in the myth of children being inferior or unintelligent, because there are children as brilliant as her irl that don't even need an isekai justification; it's more just not having enough exposure to ideas yet to expand horizons.

She also hasn't yet really seemed to realize the value of her knowledge; which seems to be the point of the story as well, judging by how it began with that part with the person curious where her genius came from.
GenesisAriaOct 23, 2019 8:22 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Apr 2009
I think im officially hooked on this show. I felt Main's pain when those clay tablets got destroyed. The struggle health wise she has to go thru just to get to that point only for that to happen. And oh no at the ending lol. She brings a smile to my face, the feels.
DreddOct 23, 2019 8:40 PM
Oct 23, 2019 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
There is a question that completely prevents me from enjoying this anime :

Since Maine was an actual girl with 5 years of life before our heroine became Maine and even has access to her memories, what happened to the Maine from before that?
Did she die because of her poor constitution and the heroine's soul got put in her body in her place? Did the heroine just delete the original personality? Did they fuse? Is she controlling the body and the original Maine is somewhere in there?

I really like the show, it's cute, it's wholesome, but man this hidden element of psychological horror is driving me crazy
Oct 23, 2019 9:19 PM
Mar 2015
Clay tablets go boom The story of the little stars is cute and helps Maine cope with life
Oct 23, 2019 9:32 PM

May 2017
Another good ep, i love every sec of it!
Lutz is such good boy, i hope he have a lot of screen time in the future...Seeing Main & Lutz together are nice, both are adorable <3
I also feel super shocked just like main do when those boy stepping on her tablet clay xD
Can't wait for the next ep!! Sigh..another waiting...
Oct 23, 2019 9:40 PM

Dec 2009
Repliku said:

Since Maine was an actual girl with 5 years of life before our heroine became Maine and even has access to her memories, what happened to the Maine from before that?
Did she die because of her poor constitution and the heroine's soul got put in her body in her place? Did the heroine just delete the original personality? Did they fuse? Is she controlling the body and the original Maine is somewhere in there?

I really like the show, it's cute, it's wholesome, but man this hidden element of psychological horror is driving me crazy
A lot of people ask that, and frankly, most of the the conversation isn't too cheerful. I'd say ignorance is bliss on this one.

Oct 23, 2019 10:25 PM

Mar 2018
Was pretty sweet to see her playing teacher in Otto's place haha xd those other disciples tho.. Haircolors in this world are a mystery to me

Aside from the roundabout way to fail making clay tablets
Wtf was with Main when "Frey and him" (lmao) jumped on them
As if some inner demon awakens. I guess it was magic potential or sth? I'm actually really interested in this now.

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 23, 2019 10:28 PM

Apr 2015
BTDee said:

I did stomping on some of those stepping stones in gardens when I was a kid. when they did it all my face is all like "well kids will be kids". kids are very energetic they'd waste them even on the stupidest of things. and since they don't know better then they won't do better.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 23, 2019 10:29 PM

Mar 2018
GenesisAria said:
Repliku said:

A lot of people ask that, and frankly, most of the the conversation isn't too cheerful. I'd say ignorance is bliss on this one.
but the answer was already given by a novel reader in episode 2 discussion. There even is a thread about it.
Or something like this, I don't remember clearly too

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 23, 2019 10:39 PM

Apr 2015
GenesisAria said:
Poor Main... Ganbatte!
It's all a learning process, you are doing so well for someone without any expertise in any of these subjects, you'll get it! For clay tablets, you just need to be more careful how you cook them.

Interesting magical glow she started having when she got angry... Hope it's not some curse (though it might be with how much she gets sick).

Luxeraph said:

I wouldn't call this a joke, but she may figure it out. She's mostly focussed on just being a book geek, and is also restricted to the brain of a child, so it might take a bit more thinking for her to think about it economically. I wasn't saying that in the myth of children being inferior or unintelligent, because there are children as brilliant as her irl that don't even need an isekai justification; it's more just not having enough exposure to ideas yet to expand horizons.

She also hasn't yet really seemed to realize the value of her knowledge; which seems to be the point of the story as well, judging by how it began with that part with the person curious where her genius came from.

I guess this makes sense. people are forgetful creatures and it will take some time for Myne to realize the value of her knowledge. some people are just slower than others. but 4 episodes? and let's be honest 2 seasons have passed in their time in just this episode.

not to mention she came from this world where trading and buying and selling is the norm. for her not to think of trading her cooking/artisan skills for book ingredients just rubs me wrong.
kidlat020Oct 23, 2019 10:42 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 23, 2019 11:07 PM

Dec 2009
kidlat020 said:
GenesisAria said:
Poor Main... Ganbatte!

I guess this makes sense. people are forgetful creatures and it will take some time for Myne to realize the value of her knowledge. some people are just slower than others. but 4 episodes? and let's be honest 2 seasons have passed in their time in just this episode.

not to mention she came from this world where trading and buying and selling is the norm. for her not to think of trading her cooking/artisan skills for book ingredients just rubs me wrong.

Well... yeah i dunno. A lot of in-universe time has passed, but narratively it feels like it's only been a few days. The one drawback to this writing, is that nothing really happens offscreen between timegaps. I dunno... I wouldn't say the show is really so much about that. Like what she's done so far has just been her geeking over stuff like cookbooks and so on. I think the point is more about her working it out on her own. Also, even with her ability, in a realistic sense, thinking in terms of modern day job working, she could get a decent peasant pay, but it'll not be anything like a noble really... She'd have to do something amazing to catch the attention of someone important.

Oct 24, 2019 1:32 AM

Apr 2012
Amazingly good SoL isekai, it's hard for me to remember those that would be better. The animation is much better than I could expect, and the MC is sympathetic enough for me to rate this show at 8 points on the 4th episode.

@K1ngOfSloth Yeah, I also paid attention to this. Pretty sad moment for such a sunny work.
Oct 24, 2019 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
Hah, Myne getting more accustomed to the world, but the more things she gets better otherwise, the further she drifts away from her bookworm obsession. And of course, Turi and family are worried about her flailing health.

But another chance comes when Otto teaches alphabets of the world, and Myne one-ups him in simple language. Growing to be more capable, you'd bet. All this while taking a tremendous toll on herself.

Eventually she makes it to the forest, but Lutz caught her in the process, and pays her back in getting clay soil to make a makeshift book in clay tablets. Alas, kids are kids, and destroying her talents is one thing NOT to fuss her with.

TBH Lutz was such a gentleman this episode, helping Myne with her stuff and keeping her on track to recovery.

Dat last scene, please don't put clay in fire, equivalent to crash and burn. What a shame...

Really digging this series.
Oct 24, 2019 12:15 PM
Oct 2019
BTDee said:

That was presented slightly differently in manga and LN versions. I wonder why it was done that way in this one.
Oct 24, 2019 12:42 PM

Jan 2016
kazenokakeru said:
BTDee said:

That was presented slightly differently in manga and LN versions. I wonder why it was done that way in this one.

What was it like in the manga/LN?
Oct 24, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2015
Smug Mein is the best XD. Her getting smug over her knowledge was hilarious.

Also Mein getting very angry there was really interesting. Im guessing she's got some sort of magic affinity or something. Cant wait to see that get developed.

Looks like she's still far off making a book. I hope she does make some before the series ends.

Cant wait for the next episode.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 24, 2019 6:14 PM
Jan 2019
Poor Myne, when I saw her crying for her clay tablets my heart broke, and rightly after seeing how much she tried. It's a shame that that didn't work either, but hey, she should keep trying if you want to fulfill your dream of living surrounded by books 😅. Although I'm glad she got to work with Oto and improve her endurance.
On the other hand, it was amazing that Myne awakened her magical power due to strong emotions.
I loved the part when she talked with Lutz about what the books were and their dreams for the future. What a cute couple.
Oct 24, 2019 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
What the hell happened to Maine!? did she just show her aura powers when she was extremely pissed-off!?!?!
4/5.

Oct 25, 2019 4:51 AM

Dec 2016
Those kids have the nerve of stepping into Myne's clay tablets without even knowing what it is for. Good greef :I Myne's sudden glow surprised me.

There were many attempts of making those clay tablets and she keeps failing to the end :( Poor Myne...

Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 25, 2019 8:04 AM

Feb 2014
Had to give this show a solid 8/10

The plot and animation were exceptional. I wonder if Main got some hidden power out there. Like, a epic beam or whatever
Oct 25, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2019
This anime is just as entertaining as ever. Seeing Maine lose her shit after the other kids brutally step on all of the clay tablets was kinda touching. And after so many tries, they've finally finished it. Except for this time, it all exploded. The final scene was really funny.
Oct 26, 2019 1:12 AM

Oct 2017
Good for my Maine, she made a lot of progress. Lutz is a really good boy, he always takes care Maine. I would love to see them both grow up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

67 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

161 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

92 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 6:04 PM

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.