Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that helmet scene.

Seeing the horse girls SWIM to an island by themselves was rather amusing. The show really puts them into a lot of unorthodox segments tbh. Suzuka recovery impresses me so far (I guess she's almost at 100% at where she is again)

I do like how motivational she stays as a runner though. Not just her actually but all her friends. That segment where they all accidentally ran into the sea was priceless LOL

Stark700May 20, 2018 9:07 AM
May 20, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
So both Suzuka and Special Week where down and it effected them a great deal luckily they got there well needed pep talk and it seems they are serious about the next race.
The question is will Special Week do well again or will she have something again that decreases her performance.
May 20, 2018 9:59 AM

Dec 2017
training at the beach again. i guess these are the only beach episodes that are not only there for fanservice and don't seem to be out of hand. good thing trainer motivated them, was kinda annoying to see that mental weakness taking ahold of them

on the other hand, i just realized they're all running in heels.. must feel really nice. i don't get this concept of adding heels to any female anime character, either runner or medieval battle vanguard
May 20, 2018 9:59 AM

Aug 2012
I hope we see them both race each other for first place blowing past everyone else and set a new record. Suzuka is so slender and streamlined when running, I want her to be my fave in the show but I can't help getting distracted by Teio lol
May 20, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
Another Great Episode 5/5

Favorite Moment

May 20, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
This was a fun episode and I had to chuckle more once. Some moments and situations were just too hilarous.

And I hope that we will get to see more international competitions.

Shit, just realized that we're already 9 episodes in,soon it's time to say goodbye.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 20, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2015
Horse girls have some big-ass phones for their ears.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 20, 2018 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
That horsec*ck phone XD
Suzuka and spe-chan are better thansk to trainer's words.
El Condor loses again :(
May 20, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2018
Goldship got helmet to protect her eyes. Also with 'I can't stop!' xD
Trainer 'inspire' skill activated

But El-chan at the end... :c
Glasses girls is the best girls.
May 20, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2018
Finally Suzuka-san returned to be like before! No more feeling down, she must be happy, that cutiepie!
I still wonder why Trainer-san didn't think about that road even once and thing "Maybe they won't be able to stop and turn left"

uninstallthegame said:

on the other hand, i just realized they're all running in heels.. must feel really nice. i don't get this concept of adding heels to any female anime character, either runner or medieval battle vanguard

The reason of the heels is actually done to make them more real-horses (comparison horse to human bones: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/6d/08/ef6d0895e09ffb401c13e0f99a91fa80.jpg ).
May 20, 2018 11:52 AM

Mar 2016
Aversa said:
So both Suzuka and Special Week where down and it effected them a great deal luckily they got there well needed pep talk and it seems they are serious about the next race.
The question is will Special Week do well again or will she have something again that decreases her performance.

I personally think Spec-chan will win her next race, now that she's mentally gathered herself up.
May 20, 2018 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
The freaking phone length adapted to horse ears, I laughed hard with that detail.

Very good episode fighting to recover from fears.
May 20, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
It's always sad to see characters you like in a complete slump in form. Special Week was still worrying too much about Suzuka that she couldn't get herself in form, despite Trainer's bold target from last week. As for Suzuka, she had that mental problem of holding herself back as she doesn't want to push herself to her limit in case her fully healed leg fails on her again.

So Trainer deserves a big pat on his pack for letting out his frustration at the two during their triathlon event at the training camp. It's a tough love type of approach, but it worked like a charm and it got Special Week and Suzuka fired up again to catch up to the rest of team Spica, which led to a very funny end to the triathlon. XD

While the whole group's morale has shot up again, I do feel for El Condor Pasa. She already lost a race in France from last week and although she gave it everything she had, she couldn't beat Broye in this race. Although she earned respect and praise from Broye, during her phone call to Special Week, she broken down in tears due to the frustration of failing to win again. D=

Either way, with four(?) episodes left to go, I want three things to happen...

1: El Condor Pasa to win a high profile race in France.

2: Special Week to get even with Grass Wonder in any future race the both of them enter. It's a perfect way for Special Week to answer Grass Wonder's criticising question to her from last week by giving it her all and beating her in the process.

3: Special Week and Suzuka to compete in a same high profile race together, probably in the final episode.

These predictions of mine are based on me not doing any real-life researching of any of the horse's racing history, just to note. =)

Either way, great episode and Gold Ship's helmet is OP. McQueen will never injure Gold Ship's eyes again! >=D
Meta_YoshiMay 21, 2018 7:04 AM
May 20, 2018 12:56 PM

Apr 2015
Special Week was still worried about Suzuka. It was kinda painfull to see, how Suzuka was mentally suffering that she might injure herself again. They were far from motivated.

Trainer has done a solid job to get his team Spica motivated again, especially Special Week and Suzuka. That triathlon was a very serious matter but the ending was priceless, it was so funny how they ended up in the ocean.

El Condor Pasa is doing well internationally, but came just a little short on her last race in Paris.

Rorek said:

Favorite Moment

Couldn't agree more. Seeing Suzuka laugh like that, puts a smile on my face!
May 20, 2018 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
Whew, glad Trainer-san took action, and moping time is over, i neer was fun of this type of situation in anime :)

Laughed so hard at "i can't stop" part

Very curious if they got French VA to voice horse Lady Oscar?
May 20, 2018 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Well said Coach, well said.
May 20, 2018 2:42 PM

Dec 2016
Nice to hear for El Condor Pasa, she seems to be living the high life in France.

No surprise Trainer couldn't afford for them to stay at the same hotel Rigil is at, at least the girls seem to be eating well.

I had a feeling that Suzuka had confidence issues, that can definitely happen when you suffer a serious injury.

Great speech there by the trainer, he got Special Week & Suzuka to remember what was most important to them and now those 2 are back to 100%.

Great race by El regardless of the result, Broye was just a little better, it was cool seeing everyone cheer her on back at the school, she was also complimented by Broye which was great.

Special Week & Silence Suzuka are fully motivated to run anytime they want now, looking forward to the next time they race.
May 20, 2018 3:46 PM

Aug 2008
she's learning. sugoi/10

https://streamable.com/gg152
May 20, 2018 4:51 PM

May 2015
Oh god, I absolutely loved this episode. Just the boost Silence Suzuka needed, and she's right back to her former self! Kudos to Trainer-san. You can't wish for a better coach!

Poor El-chan, though ;-;.

May 20, 2018 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
Dolly De Broye isn't panting or even breaking a sweat. Monster.
May 20, 2018 6:45 PM

Apr 2011
Gloomy Spe-chan and Suzuka are now back on their feet thanks to Trainer's encouragement. And not only that he wants all of them to participate. He's a good coach laugh so hard at "I can't stop!" and "neither can we" parts sending them all straight to the water. I'm so glad that Suzuka, Spe and everyone had a laugh. Its time for come to make a comeback and not let team Rigil keep on winning.

It was predictable El Condor will lose against Broya. Only Suzuka and Rudolf are the only two I see who has a good chance in defeating her.
May 20, 2018 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
episode was so good for some growth glad both spec and Suzaka have finally broken their shackles and are moving forward.

EL :( she was so close but Broye didn't even break a sweat with how she was pacing herself
May 20, 2018 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
Suzuka and Spe-chan are finally back! Great episode overall. Hope we can see them race each other soon
May 20, 2018 11:57 PM
Oct 2016
I don't know why I hate El cóndor.
May 21, 2018 1:06 AM

Sep 2016
Rorek said:

Favorite Moment

ayee nice gif ha hella glad suzuka is moving in the right direction, i need my girl back in her rightful spot
Facta Non Verba
May 21, 2018 4:42 AM

Oct 2007
Amazing episode. Suzuka and Spe-chan's confidence are back. Suzuka also seems to be more sociable now. Surprised at them all going into the water by accident. XD

Too bad El-chan lost. But at least the anime is not biased.. they showed that horse girls from other countries are also fast.
Liddo-kunMay 21, 2018 5:13 AM
May 21, 2018 5:55 AM
Jan 2017
This anime has continued to surprise me, with how good it is.
And I am glad I am not the only one who teared up during the phone call with El-chan.
May 21, 2018 7:14 AM

Mar 2018
And yet again with real footage in this eps.

Glasses girls is the best girls.
May 21, 2018 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, I'll miss the yandere lesbian version of Spe-chan from the last episode... But if without jokes, then I like how carefully they add new characters from the original franchise. Not to mention the fact that the plot continues to be good. Terrific.

May 21, 2018 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
@FMmatron There are four more episodes left.
May 21, 2018 2:15 PM
Mar 2016
Beach season too bad none of them looks hot in thier swim suit ....nice to see Suzuka's back in her confident self.....Poor El Chan got passed by Broye in the French Prix welp can't win them all
May 21, 2018 9:15 PM
Mar 2018
Want to know how to run faster? Just start screaming "Ehhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" and you're guaranteed to push to the lead. I call it, Dramatic Effect
May 21, 2018 10:50 PM

Mar 2018
Whoahoho said:
Beach season too bad none of them looks hot in thier swim suit ....nice to see Suzuka's back in her confident self.....Poor El Chan got passed by Broye in the French Prix welp can't win them all

None of them looks hoy un their swim suit? ARE YOU BLIND???!! (Wait, are those swim suit?) Those suit just happen to show their whole figure, how well trained and healthy their bodies are (I think that sounds a little too pervert... Anyhow I stand by it XD).
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
May 21, 2018 11:25 PM
Jan 2015
So glad best horse girl Suzuka is back to her old self
My Queens

May 22, 2018 12:09 AM

Sep 2016
This show man... Just doesn't stop amazing me. Why the hell haven't I given it a 10 yet is something I'll probs be confused about till I see another fantastic episode (read: next episode).

Needless to say, this episode was as fantastic as the past, if not better. Oh and this is only the third ever show to have a beach episode that I liked which is saying something.

Amaze me Uma Musume. Or wait, amaze me more.
May 22, 2018 3:58 AM

Oct 2007
Magito said:

It was predictable El Condor will lose against Broya. Only Suzuka and Rudolf are the only two I see who has a good chance in defeating her.

If we are going to use the Suzuka vs. El Condor match as a way to compare horse girl speed. El vs Broye = the gap is small.. Suzuaka vs El = the gap is really big in the Tennoshou race. I think Suzuka would have a good chance against Broye if they raced.. assuming she would not get tired.
May 22, 2018 8:23 PM

Apr 2018
Another awesome and adorable episode! I am glad Suzuka is recovered and became unafraid to run like she did again. Plus all of them running into the ocean was hilarious! Can't wait for the next episode!
May 22, 2018 8:32 PM

Oct 2013
I must say I'm amazed at how good this anime managed to be.

Trainer-san went from filler Male to a genuinely good man that looks after his team, a real pro Trainer that aims to the top and brings the best out of his athletes.

the chemistry between spica is superb, rivalries and everything is handed with good sportmanship.

They really made a good sports anime out of a silly idea.
May 22, 2018 9:24 PM

Jan 2018
Finally trainer-san's anger made both spe and suzuka back to their real form. That's what I waiting for !

Dat fall into sea scene made me laugh XD

note : they invented phone for horse ! XD
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
May 22, 2018 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
I need catch up watching this anime, it's good anime.

May 23, 2018 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
As expected El Condor Pasa lost to Broye since she's the best in Europe. The best in every country is really on a different level..i wonder who would win if Suzuka vs Broye when Suzuka was at her best? I wonder what would happen?
The training session was great! Suzuka instantly beat the while team Spica!
I hope Spe-chan step-up as well!
5/5.
matias067May 23, 2018 12:16 AM

May 23, 2018 11:10 AM
Mar 2016
GranSaiyaman said:
Whoahoho said:

None of them looks hoy un their swim suit? ARE YOU BLIND???!! (Wait, are those swim suit?) Those suit just happen to show their whole figure, how well trained and healthy their bodies are (I think that sounds a little too pervert... Anyhow I stand by it XD).

Whatever........................
May 24, 2018 4:54 PM

Mar 2009
Ending was heartbreaking. Felt bad for El Condor Pasa.
May 27, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2017
JOQUINYD said:
I don't know why I hate El cóndor.

I hate her too at first coz of her over competitiveness is kind of annoying, insensitive and cocky but she had proven herself otherwise, warmly accepting a tie with Spe and wasn't happy over her "win" against Suzuka and continues to be friendly with Spe and Suzuka despite considering both her rivals. She's surprisingly nice and likeable now but irregardless of all of that, if she actually won against Broye I'd probably still hate her tho coz a character without flaws is just plain badly written
LairucremMay 27, 2018 8:05 PM
Aug 8, 2018 5:00 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice training camp episode, loved that Suzuka could run again like before or at least faster! The ending race with El-chan was also very impressive and well it's normal that she acted that way with a loss so close to victory!

Really like that they focus on various things and not only the team at hand. Up to the next episode!
Sep 27, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2013
That's so stupid that the other team members are ridiculously weak compared to Spe and Suzuka. That's really annoying shit.
Jan 26, 2019 11:22 PM
Jan 2018
Spe-chan seems to have a problem with eating a lot and then having a cute fat tummy. Not that I am complaining lol.

Horse Girls with cute bellies are always welcome.
Jun 26, 2020 5:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I thought they used a real french seiyuu from Broye but no, i'm happy she won because she's french xD sad for El though, she really wanted to win :/
The race on the island was really fun
Sep 6, 2020 12:19 AM

Jul 2008
Gvendoline said:
That's so stupid that the other team members are ridiculously weak compared to Spe and Suzuka. That's really annoying shit.

Putting Spe aside since she was technically training with them the whole time, Suzuka being able to overtake them was kind of ridiculous. She has been out of commission for over 9 months while the other girls on the team have supposedly been improving.
Jan 1, 2021 1:32 AM

Aug 2019
glad Trainer talked some sense into them, I saw Broye winning from a mile away since I highly doubt they would introduce a national championship racer and get beat first race against El
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

10 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

45 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.