Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The supernatural powers in this show continues to make big impacts. Great work, Juri.
I feel like her powers are getting stronger every episode especially in this one.

Felt more like a transition episode from some of the previous events. The scenes at the hideout really got violent again and I don't even think Shouko was prepared for that. Still, this woman isn't afraid to take risks and get her hands dirty.

What a grim discovery...(I'm surprised she didn't even faze upon discovery of that head)
Jan 28, 2018 8:33 AM

Apr 2010
So they are learning from the events taking place.
Anyway that old guy with the stealing woman was funny, the things on his mind was clear.

Yuri seems to be more aware of her powers and the other girl that walking around however the question that remains is how will she respond to that girl.
Jan 28, 2018 9:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Grandpa used a spell (''Aegis'') to prevent the jellyfish going out of his body! That's something new.

Holy shit at the Herald scene. ''This is a person who gave up control of his body to the Specter and became an inhabitant of Stasis.''

I'm half expecting Tsubasa to turn into a Herald later on (if that jellyfish scene in episode 3 is what i think now).
SmudyJan 28, 2018 9:42 AM
Jan 28, 2018 10:18 AM

Feb 2009
So these creatures protecting the stalled are actual people? Weird.

This show continues to impress me.
Jan 28, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
Oh good, my fears Makoto might die because of last week's preview turned out to be unfounded. He barely appeared actually, though that one dude knowing they're around and active can't be good. Speaking of, I noticed that shoplifter's massive tits before he did. Plus that comment about Juri's tits by the one dude before she clobbered him and all the underboob going on in the ending, lotta tits focus in this show huh? XD Anyway this felt more like a background episode, getting an important Juri flashback and hinting at one for Majima to come next week. Well the heralds reveal at the end wasn't particularly surprising, but I am curious to see this family member who became one Majima mentioned.
Jan 28, 2018 10:24 AM

Sep 2015
I should not have saw the preview of this episode last week, cause I got spoiled big time. lol
Jan 28, 2018 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
Juri fighting now and a falshback of her first stasis day with her almost dead dog :(
The herald(s) is dead but maybe there's more.
Jan 28, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
I want moar of SSJuri.

Seems like we'll be getting the black-haired girl's backstory next episode, can't wait. At the moment, she's the most intriguing piece in the puzzle.
Jan 28, 2018 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
This episode really flew by, which I guess speaks volumes of its quality. Sure, it was largely a set-up episode, with bits of backstory for Juri and Majima's previous time in Stasis, that old guy finding out that Makoto and Tsubasa are active again (that can't be a good sign) and that dramatic revelation to end the episode with.

This show is getting better and better every week, and I can't wait to see what it has in store next.
Jan 28, 2018 12:25 PM

Dec 2017
I really like this show overall, it's something new to me and the (main) characters are well-developed. Episodes are getting better and more interesting. I also really like the opening, it's catchy.

Makoto is literally the sweetest child ever.
Jan 28, 2018 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL at the guy in the store who was gonna cop a feel on the busty lady who was in stasis and got interrupted by Makoto.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2018 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah these eps go by fast af, another great ep.
Jan 28, 2018 1:09 PM

Aug 2015
That screaming that happens in the middle of every episode, holy shit turn it down a bit.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 28, 2018 1:27 PM

Sep 2015
Things are starting to get repetitive. At least there was no cliffhanger at the last second of the episode like the previous one.

Show is getting boring.
Jan 28, 2018 2:11 PM
Jan 2018
It's nice to see Juri kicking ass this episode, rather than running away.
Jan 28, 2018 3:22 PM

Jun 2015
Really good episode. Juri was awesome in taking out those guys. She's getting tired of their crap. Got to learn more about the Heralds. One died, but there might be more. They are very interesting.
Jan 28, 2018 3:24 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, Juri is actually pretty badass. She's definitely getting tired of the shit these guys are putting her and her family through.

It was interesting to see some of Juri's past and her first experience in Stasis, and now it looks like we're going to get some backstory on the other woman next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2018 4:54 PM

Feb 2014
BluePikmin11 said:
I should not have saw the preview of this episode last week, cause I got spoiled big time. lol

Exactly this, my only reaction was "how will the characters react" rather than "Holy shit that thing is a HUMAN". FeelsBadMan

TrumpAnimeJan 28, 2018 4:57 PM

Jan 28, 2018 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
note: dont insult Juri and have her turn on badass mode
Jan 29, 2018 12:51 AM

May 2010
Juri was pretty badass there, good episode.
Jan 29, 2018 12:53 AM

Feb 2014
TragicRomance said:
Juri was pretty badass there, good episode.

She was scary as hell!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 29, 2018 12:55 AM

Nov 2013
To see Grandpa and Juri beginning to fight back was great. After not finding Tsubasa and Makoto, they figured out, that the spirit jellyfish move to a new host when the previous one dies.

The bad guys are pressuring Takafumi, unfortunately he seems to cave in easily.

The flashback was interesting. Juri apparently met Shoko back then and attacked her. I'm looking forward to her telling the story from her perspective.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 29, 2018 1:29 AM
Aug 2010
So far this show sucks. The entire stasis idea is a complete gimmick. I see that this series might have been a manga, before, but as an anime the entire stasis idea and the entire world not being able to move is a huge gimmick. The only reason why this is an anime is because it's cheap for anime studio since there isn't as much animation. This is the kind of show that doesn't explain the important stuff until the very last second and then finally all is revealed. Whatever we find out about the stasis, the religion, the hardbinger creature or whatever, will feel extremely lackluster the entire show before it doesn't feel like any one part of the story is strong enough to really capture the audience.

The entire teleportation gimmick the grandpa can do, and the pushing jellyfish out the girl can do, is all explained poorly because the author himself doesn't know wtf is going on. Like why does the grandpa get so tired when he teleports? He's just thinking isn't he? Would you get tired of thinking, "teleport 30 feet to the left." Like come on... why are you so fucking exhausted man?

And Juri very conveniently gets out of life and death situations with her heavenly push even though in other circumstances she's a completely idiot.
Jan 29, 2018 2:57 AM

Jun 2016

How can someone turn into a Herald again? When you stayed in Stasis for a long time? So many questions regarding the Handlers/Heralds. When Shouko carried that person inside it, it really creeped me out. Jesus.

"This is a person who gave up control of his body to the Specter, and became an inhabitant of Stasis" What's the Specter again?

So, Juri already have her powers ever since she's little. Nice. Juri changed so much. Damn. She's a freaking badass this episode. :D

I want to know more about Shouko, like how come she can move in Stasis when Juri found her when she was little? And hey she's so beautiful ugh.

I need more Tsubasa-san and Makoto's scenes, please. Haha.

"Aegis" wow. At least, he knows how to prevent himself from getting out of Stasis and be one with the Stalled. Jiisan, you're such a badass. Hahaha. Ki o tsukete!

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 29, 2018 3:06 AM

Apr 2016
eedaesung said:
So far this show sucks. The entire stasis idea is a complete gimmick. I see that this series might have been a manga, before, but as an anime the entire stasis idea and the entire world not being able to move is a huge gimmick... This is the kind of show that doesn't explain the important stuff until the very last second and then finally all is revealed. Whatever we find out about the stasis, the religion, the hardbinger creature or whatever, will feel extremely lackluster the entire show before it doesn't feel like any one part of the story is strong enough to really capture the audience.
Different strokes for different folks, I usually prefer when an anime trickle down a little information in every episodes rather than having a few exposition heavy episodes in the beginning. Sure, the premise is preposterous and I can understand why some would call it gimmicky, but I still find it intriguing and want to see how the characters deal with it.
And don’t all shows strive to have a strong/unique premise or at least a gimmick to stand out from the rest?

eedaesung said:
The only reason why this is an anime is because it's cheap for anime studio since there isn't as much animation.
Since this is the studio's first project it makes sense to adapt something that don't overexert their animation department. I would also argue that the move from a static medium to a moving medium makes the statis more impactful.

eedaesung said:
Like why does the grandpa get so tired when he teleports? He's just thinking isn't he? Would you get tired of thinking, "teleport 30 feet to the left." Like come on... why are you so fucking exhausted man?
I think his exhaustion has less to do with teleporting all over the place and more to do with his age. The grandpa and his granddaughter run around quit a bit dodging the miscreants and old people are generally not know for their fitness.
Tuxedo-riderJan 29, 2018 3:13 AM
Jan 29, 2018 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Good to get finally some infos on what a Herald is and that the world of Stasis has actually some kind of conciousness of it's own.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2018 10:19 AM
Mar 2009
eedaesung said:
Like why does the grandpa get so tired when he teleports? He's just thinking isn't he? Would you get tired of thinking, "teleport 30 feet to the left." Like come on... why are you so fucking exhausted man?

He ran out of breath because they've been running away from the henchmen. Rewatch the scene and where grandpa stops running and asks Juri to wait. He forces out one more teleportation to move them in the railway. He tries again to move them in the high ground but couldn't because he was still out of breath. Old age.
Jan 29, 2018 11:01 AM
Aug 2010
pyrogate said:
eedaesung said:

He ran out of breath because they've been running away from the henchmen. Rewatch the scene and where grandpa stops running and asks Juri to wait. He forces out one more teleportation to move them in the railway. He tries again to move them in the high ground but couldn't because he was still out of breath. Old age.

Okay, but teleporting doesn't require being not exhausted lol. He's literally just thinking of going somewhere. RUNNING is different. You are using your physical body. Yes thinking does use up glucose and makes you tired, but not to the extent that you are hyper ventilating from trying to breathe hard. That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Many MaNY things are retarded so far. Like they have been getting attacked, but they don't seem to think their attackers would play a petty trick like pretending to be in stasis, like that one guy who almost stabbed Juri.
Jan 29, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
DAMN THIS ANIME IS DOIN GOOD. Them going on the offensive was freakin great, and Juri is quickly turning into one of my fav characters this entire season.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 29, 2018 10:04 PM

Jul 2014
I think the episode did great on highlighting some of the mysteries behind the Herald. Majima's past is going to be a key and she probably will end up becoming the prime antagonist or ally to Juri in the coming episodes. Loved the soundtracks used in this episode, it really highlighted the tension and intensity in the episode.
Jan 30, 2018 12:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Juri hasn´t afraid!!! A nice episode again!!!
When she was a kid, almost expulsed her grandfather too!!!! ikekeke
Jan 30, 2018 12:11 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something…I am glad that the family knows that others are moving as well…. Herals are sure something
Jan 30, 2018 5:58 AM

Oct 2008
Another Damn Cool Episode!
Juri saying: "it's time for HANGEKI" was cool!
Majima really knows a lot in this stasis world!
So Juri already experienced stasis in on her childhood days! and already has her powers to expel a spectre!
So they noticed that Makoto is not anymore Stalled because gramps figured-out that the jelly like thing transferred to Makoto and Tsubasa! and they are now inside stasis as well!
Another kill done by the Heralds DAMN! brutal is was awesome! he deserved it! But wow! we get to see more interesting events here! Inhabitant of Stasis huh! looks like there's lots of them!
5/5.

Jan 30, 2018 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
5/5 episode as 'usual'. They sure taking their time going full detail and not a single moment was rushed out. I hope this anime would go for 2-cour.
Btw, I dying to see mc meeting that child :\ That must happen in next episode. And also last part was sure creepy! :O
Jan 30, 2018 11:12 AM
Jun 2016
good ep, so heralds are persons kinda obvious need to know more :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2018 3:22 PM
Jun 2016
I'm really loving this show, which is funny as I first thought it was going to be like a superhero show, saving people and solving crimes using time, but I like the direction it's going in.
Jan 30, 2018 5:34 PM

Apr 2016
My Favorite anime of the season so far. Although the concept is kinda gimmicky, it is at least intriguing and interesting. Juri is a great character so far. However, I feel like her ability will be inhibited by another character who can actually do a similar "Aegis" move to prevent him/herself from leaving Statis from Juri's attacks.
Jan 30, 2018 9:51 PM

Oct 2015
This show hasn't disappoint so far. Really liking the effort they are putting on this anime
Jan 31, 2018 6:09 AM
Mar 2012
Alright backstory with dog. Camera/framing more interesting this time, more detective thriller feel.
Jan 31, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2009
Great ep. I really love the story so far. Can't wait to find out more.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 1, 2018 3:38 AM

Jul 2016
eedaesung said:
it doesn't feel like any one part of the story is strong enough to really capture the audience.

And yet here I sit with many other people captivated by the mystery of this show.

Weird.
Feb 1, 2018 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
Why does everybody want to rape Juri so badly?
Feb 2, 2018 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
eedaesung said:
pyrogate said:

Okay, but teleporting doesn't require being not exhausted lol. He's literally just thinking of going somewhere. RUNNING is different. You are using your physical body. Yes thinking does use up glucose and makes you tired, but not to the extent that you are hyper ventilating from trying to breathe hard. That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Many MaNY things are retarded so far. Like they have been getting attacked, but they don't seem to think their attackers would play a petty trick like pretending to be in stasis, like that one guy who almost stabbed Juri.

He said glucose, this dude is way too educated on the science behind teleportation and the brain. He must be right.
Feb 2, 2018 3:57 PM

Jan 2014
Oh snap. The classic "let me insert backstory that the main character conveniently forgot about until this very moment" trope. Not that I'm really complaining, because I love the show. The ED is my jam, and the OP is pretty cool too. I keep getting Ergo Proxy vibes. Maybe it's because I associated Manglobe studio with their Ergo Proxy the most.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 3, 2018 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
Mr. Potato Head!

Too soon?

The scene with the water was cool looking.
Feb 4, 2018 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
Juri was a total badass. Those thugs are so annoying. Juri and grandpa make a good duo.

I'm interested in learning about Majima in the next episode.

Feb 4, 2018 9:11 AM

Aug 2017
Juri's power was the worst part of this episode. The flashback barely explain anything. I like Shouko, she is interesting. I hope that she can have more screen. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2018 10:16 AM
Aug 2010
Cynderella said:
eedaesung said:

He said glucose, this dude is way too educated on the science behind teleportation and the brain. He must be right.

You try running until you're out of breath, then think about moving 5 meters away. It doesn't take much "power" to do so. You're not physically moving and climbing a hill to overcome gravity or anything. Don't be an ass and insult me.
Feb 5, 2018 9:26 AM
Dec 2014
This episode is what I was waiting for this series to do since Episode 1. I was genuinely worried this show was gonna end up being a complete let-down.
Feb 7, 2018 12:00 AM

Apr 2015
I would like the family to regroup or at least know what each other are doing...cos this way it's a highway to a misunderstanding plot which I hate.

Or else I could just read the spoilers. Torn between the two actions. I guess I will read it someday

Anyway episode was good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

44 by damoInstinct »»
Jun 16, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2018

63 by damoInstinct »»
Jun 1, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

141 by fathandz »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

66 by fathandz »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

53 by fathandz »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.