Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 6, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, I liked the buildup this episode. Not too much action but I'm happy to see Ushio's character getting more focus after his recent changes/developments.

I think he's got a huge responsibility ahead of him so he better be ready.
Hakumen no Mono's physical form looks pretty vicious ;o

Stark700May 6, 2016 7:49 AM
May 6, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2015
The ship adventure was great, with Ushio thinking what to tell her mom.
The chamber definitely held the suspense. The mother and kid look the same.
Lol at Ushio showing all the battle marks. The conflict due to lack of memory is just frustrating. Miso soup
I really want to see the faces of the humans after releasing Hakumen.
It sure is a terrifying monster. That eye! Hakumen reminded of the kraken in some way.

I AM HAKUMEN! HAKUMEN UNLEASHED!
May 6, 2016 8:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode made me sad....Ushio's mom is so nice and beautfiul and now it looks like she's gonna die

I really wanted her to survive and for them to make up for all the years that they lost TwT The submarine scene had me feeling emotional as well

But alas....The ultimate evil is free and man is he menacing af
May 6, 2016 8:40 AM

Jun 2014
I'd also be scared shitless like Ushio if something like Hakumen showed up in front of me. Sucks that his time with his mom was cut short, but it was to be expected. Now they have to find a way to somehow deal with Hakumen, and things aren't looking too good right now.

Side note, I'm glad when Ushio asked his mom for miso soup, the subs didn't say "burgers" (*stares at Ace Attorney*).
thebrentinator24May 6, 2016 9:01 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 6, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2008
His time with his mom is sweet. Hakumen is finally free. Now shit just get real.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 6, 2016 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
Man the mother son moment was so nice. Ushio's mom sure is cute <3
Had to be interrupted ofc D:
At least let her pat his head goddammit :/

Hakumen faces creepy asf as usual.
AND DAMN HIS ENTRANCE WAS EPIC!! Dat OST with it made it even better!
May 6, 2016 9:23 AM
Apr 2014
That moment with him finally meeting his mother was quite special
"make me miso soup"
I hope he didn't mean that literally, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Finally Hakumen no Mono is free, I'm hype for some godzilla action.
The next episode's title is jarring.
thebrentinator24 said:
Side note, I'm glad when Ushio asked his mom for miso soup, the subs didn't say "burgers" (*stares at Ace Attorney*).

Good one.
May 6, 2016 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
I gotta give credit to the background music during Hakumen's raising. Oh my god it was brilliant.

Really looking forward to the big fight!

...although next weeks title does give me some worries
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 6, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
I cried like twice this episode. That moment between Ushio and his mom was just beautiful. Ushio's VA nailed it. Hakumen no Mono is out of the barrier. Crazy cliffhanger!
May 6, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
I really believe Hakumen no Mono is scary. But to be that "scary" even make Ushio and Akabane, one of the Undine driver scared like that, I guess it's even surpassed imagination.
That's kinda funny but mostly heart-touching when Ushio finally met and talk to his mom.
But now or next week to be exact, is the time for the real deal.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 6, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Shit just got real this time. The scene when the Hakumen get free was very well done. Even those Youkai-mechas looks pathethic in comparation to it. Really an scary villain.

The scenes with Ushio and his mom were very sweet, sucks they were blocked by the missiles :(

I expect things become epic in the nest episodes.
May 6, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2012
Another epic episode. A beautiful, bitter sweet reunion, to the long awaited seal break. I think I had chills the entire episode.
May 6, 2016 12:23 PM

Oct 2009
Hakumen no mono is here! Now the war will begin.
May 6, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
F*cking Miso Soup XD
That mom moment :'(

Hakumen is unleashed and the fight begins.
May 6, 2016 12:53 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was a bit sad. After the mother son meeting, they only got to spend such a short time with each other.
And next is a battle? We're still not fully ready yet....need more time.
May 6, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
My favorite episode so far, the mom scene was quite touching. But.. she didn't get to pat his head!
May 6, 2016 4:06 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ushio's mom was great and the scene with her and Ushio was great. And Hakumen's still giving me goosebumps O_O

5/5
May 6, 2016 4:13 PM

Apr 2014
Ushio's mom is definitely the waifu of the show, just saying...
May 6, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2013
Damn even Tora was frozen with fear
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 6, 2016 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!"

Great episode. It was kind of slow but I was fine with that this time. I hope Ushio's mom will be alright in the end.
May 6, 2016 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
Oh boy the Hakumen is finally out...

I love the scene between Ushio & his mom, touching stuff. I knew that head apt would be interrupted lol, you could see it from a mile away. :/

Best episode of the whole series so far.
May 6, 2016 10:29 PM
Oct 2007
SoraSenpai said:
I gotta give credit to the background music during Hakumen's raising. Oh my god it was brilliant.

Really looking forward to the big fight!

...although next weeks title does give me some worries

this this. i got the chills
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 1:47 AM

Aug 2008
Evil badass wicked villain is badass wicked.
May 7, 2016 3:56 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit man Hakumen is just badass and the ost was top notch this episode
May 7, 2016 6:00 AM

Jan 2011
The awakening of Hakumen is here. From this point forward it's one giant awesome moment made up of separate awesome moments.
May 7, 2016 7:32 AM

Jan 2014
And we got a sweet reminder that the Hakumen not only is fucking giga-strong but also freaking giga-normous.

The scene with the mom, was well...................awkward. It was sweet and it was emotional, but it was weird, I mean nobody knew what to say or how. And I for one loved Ushio going all "I think imma complain. I know what you've been doing but I still wanna rant" then he sees the mom and "I cannot say nothing" which is natural, I mean Ushio is a KID after all, about time he behaved like one that does not know what to do.

Hakumen ain't gonna hold back punches.
May 7, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
The mother son moment was nice. Really hoped she would have at least been able to pat him on the head before the torpedoes hit.
But no. As soon as that happened, shit got real. Hakumen is free. That whole sequence gave me chills. Hakumen really is menacing.

May 7, 2016 11:26 AM

Nov 2010
I used to feel bad about this show not getting more recognition, but not anymore. Rushed, badly written and starring one of the dumbest main characters in a shounen, obscurity is exactly what it deserves.
May 7, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
Anyone know whether the bgm playing when Asako and Ushio are talking is in the OST already released? I want it, but not sure if it's new or was in that OST.
May 7, 2016 1:25 PM
May 2011
Damn, Hakumen awakening was really good, it really feels like a final boss.
May 7, 2016 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
Finally we gotta see two things: Ushios mom and Hakumens awakening.
Ushio meeting his mom was really awkward which was ok since this way the first time after a very long time they met.
But seriously, JUST A PAT ON THE HEAD ? IS HE A FREAKING DOG ?
They should hug like there is no tomorrow like literally.
This youkais are really dumb they should not fight in dire situations but now the destruction shall begin.
May 7, 2016 5:40 PM

May 2013
Ushio's mom was the only one not afraid of Hakumen.

I have one big plot hole though, wasn't Hakumen sealed because he got himself in a pillar that supported Japan and if he got out of it or people attack it, Japan would collapse?

Gersen said:
I used to feel bad about this show not getting more recognition, but not anymore. Rushed, badly written and starring one of the dumbest main characters in a shounen, obscurity is exactly what it deserves.

Ouch....
May 7, 2016 7:25 PM
May 2010
Hakumen entrance is awesome, raining subs and mecha monster. That is one hell of an entrance even Tora is speechless.
I like how so far everything happens the way Hakumen wants, I bet it's saying according to plan behind that creepy grin
May 7, 2016 9:13 PM

Aug 2015
Ok. Well... We're doomed.
May 7, 2016 9:29 PM
Dec 2015
Verumir said:

I have one big plot hole though, wasn't Hakumen sealed because he got himself in a pillar that supported Japan and if he got out of it or people attack it, Japan would collapse?

I have read manga. This episode did not mention it yet. But Japan had begun sinking. It's just not in a sec. The consequences will be brought up later in story.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
May 7, 2016 11:18 PM
Aug 2014
Studio clown picked a bad time to air naruto fenale, because it comes second in sheer epicness when compared to this.
May 8, 2016 6:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The scene with Ushio's mom was absolutely beautiful. The voice acting of both of them was superb. I hope she doesn't die but that is maybe asking for too much.

Hakumen no Mono is one of the biggest, meanest villains in anime history. Seriously scary mofo.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 8, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Man, the coming out of the water had some major Godzilla vibe's, I LOVED IT.

And the scene between Ushio and his Mom was so damn beautiful and very well done.
So looking forward to more to come..

5/5
May 8, 2016 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
woooooah, that was intense towards the end! Really ought to be one hell of a battle coming up.

Very good, I keep wondering how many episodes will they battle tho.
May 8, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
Ushio gets his brows from his Ma, Btw Happy Mothers Day for Ushio since he found her at Mommy's day Dawwww :D
May 8, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2012
I'm happy that Ushio finally saw his mother. It was a beautiful episode.
The Hakumen no Mono is really impressive, I wonder how they will defeat him.
May 8, 2016 1:59 PM
Dec 2015
I really don't want Ushio's mom to die. And Hakumen is glorious, jesus christ.
May 9, 2016 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
His reunion was awkward as fuck, lmaooo. Really hoping she gets out alive. It'd be nice if Ushio got to spend some time with his mother after all them years.

I can't fucking wait till every one of those idiots in the Navy realize how fucking stupid they are. I also hope they get their asses destroyed by the Hakumen. Fucking idiots.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
May 9, 2016 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
The mom-son reunion scene was great. This has been quite the emotional season.
May 12, 2016 2:49 AM

May 2008
HOLY SHIT that was an intense episode and a half. I knew something bad was gonna happen but I was kinda expecting more casualties, although I'm sure those will come soon enough. Honestly surprised his mum didn't die in the middle of their reunion, but I guess the universe has shat on Ushio enough that they let him have that one.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season. I feel like these episodes have just been a buildup to the big fight, which is fair enough, but I can't wait until Hakumen starts wrecking ALL the shit.
May 14, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2014
So, is it too late to read the parts before this manga style? Did they skip important stuff?

May 15, 2016 6:22 AM
Dec 2015
ZoroZoldyck said:
So, is it too late to read the parts before this manga style? Did they skip important stuff?

Before season 2 they skipped an arc introducing the west youkai. It's a rather long and important arc. Ushio&Tora got a prelim fight with the Hakuman.

Other skipped arcs are mostly self-contained monster-of-the-week. You can say they are skippable. However, some recurring characters are totally skipped. e.g. there was a rogue monk who fought Ushio for a few times. And some character developments are skipped too. e.g. Hyou the exorcist originally had some arcs of his own, showing how much he hates youkai and how badly he wants revenge. All these skipped contents made the final battle less spectacular.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
May 15, 2016 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
This fucking episode! SO FUCKING EPIC!
May 21, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2010
WAIT...WHAT THE FUCK...ISN'T THE WHOLE BASE OF Japan going to fall now? Since Hakumen is out...............THEN WHATS THE POINT OF THE BARRIER, THEY COULD'VE KILLED HIM WHILE HE WAS WEAK!! Is this a plot hole I spot?
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
May 24, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
well, that was..... interesting, i wonder if the guys speared by the tail survived,
also, humans- always the most stupid ones out there, ain't they -w-'''?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

40 by Eyth »»
May 3, 2021 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.