Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2016 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I kinda felt bad for Hotaru this episode. Must be tiring...

Still, the episode was pretty silly with the face mask, Christmas hat, etc. Really though, she's not like her usual self L
Mar 17, 2016 10:45 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, Hotaru doesn't seem to well. Hah, Hotaru rejecting those dagashi. Lol, Hotaru's swollen mouth got worse O_O. All that running! She really should take a rest! That drink looked gross. Pretty good episode I guess.

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerMar 19, 2016 10:20 AM
Mar 17, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2015
Aww, Kokonotsu's missing Hotaru already. Why didn't he just say so? LOL

So Hotaru's still sick? no offense, Hotaru Even worse? Shouldn't her feet get swollen too? Because I believe that Hotaru's running all day long and just wearing socks.

That Colorful "Medicine"...
MasceraMar 17, 2016 11:56 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 17, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
Hotaru making things worse with her habits.
Well i guess she will learn the hard way if she learns at all that is.
Mar 17, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
That drink looked gross. Hilarious how they gave up on her at the end. I laughed hard when Hotaru unconsciously ran towards the candy xD
Mar 17, 2016 4:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well considering this girl's diet, it's no wonder that she got this sick lol....I felt bad for her too though

And coming from someone that hates most liquid medicine, I was grossed out by her medicine, that shit looked awful
Mar 18, 2016 3:26 AM

Jan 2012
At this rate it's only a matter of time before that mouth ulcer devours Hotaru's face entirely! Episode felt like a PSA. Remember kids, candy is an unhealthy addiction. And of course Coconuts was there as the drug dealer. Rather counterproductive there Coconuts! Still, Hotaru tried her best, even if she was wasting her time. At least her desperate clinging to Saya was pretty adorable. :)
Mar 18, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
Hotaru is so crazy. Candy isn't the same thing as medicine lol
Mar 18, 2016 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
lmao another super crazy episode
i had no idea what was wrong with hotaru but turns out.. obvious candy!
Mar 18, 2016 6:36 AM
Oct 2013
The dump area at the beginning of the ep just disgusts me with the number of bugs flying and crawling around.The fact that this anime has pretty good animation makes it even more creepy.

Can't believe Tou just casually goes there during the night and buy drinks from a vending machine full of moths.
Mar 18, 2016 7:04 AM
Aug 2014
hithummah said:
so we will never know where Hotaru stays in the village?

my question of the last week is answered.
Mar 18, 2016 7:13 AM

Jun 2014
Even if that drink is made of sugary sweets it certainly doesn't look like it. Is candy the only thing that Hotaru eats? It's amazing how she hasn't got diabetes yet.
Keredna said:
The dump area at the beginning of the ep just disgusts me with the number of bugs flying and crawling around.The fact that this anime has pretty good animation makes it even more creepy.

Can't believe Tou just casually goes there during the night and buy drinks from a vending machine full of moths.

C'mon it wasn't that bad!
Mar 18, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
I liked seeing Hotaru in different clothes for once. Nice change of pace even though she was "sick" the entire episode lol. I enjoyed the Pajamas a lot though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 18, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
Very insane way of doing a Sick Episode. I like it.
Mar 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2014
What the hell, lmao... I love this dumb show.

Hotaru's swollen face was a little hard to look at. She needs a dentist.

5/5
Mar 18, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2014
You cannot, not feel bad for her (and man was her swollen cheek huge, it even hurt me to watch it).

Still one episode FULL of Hotaru shenanigans straight from beginning to end? I and nobody else can complain, this was a fantastic ride and went out pretty fast.

Hotaru as Girl of the Season!!
Mar 18, 2016 9:10 AM

Nov 2014
Oh Hotoru... Why do you do this
Hi there
Mar 18, 2016 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
LOL, Hotaru was basically poisoning herself without realize it by drinking that medicine with those sweets.

The moment when she snapped by trying to eat Kokonotsu's sweets was the best part of the episode.
Mar 18, 2016 10:05 AM

May 2009
What a horseshit. They expanded that mouth ulcer bit which lasted few pages into whole awful anime original episode, just to make director's boring waifu into episode, because they run out of chapters with her. And it's noticeable since she was completely useless in this episode, Saya in manga was never in the mansion, whole her and Hotaru skinship is also anime original. I wonder why sponsors allowed this shit episode to air when it's basically bad publicity for cheap snacks using main mascot. Not to mention that Hotaru's not wanting eat dagashi was out of character.
Only one bit was taken from manga, mixture that she drank was from chapter 16 and it tasted awful there.

Series should be retitled "Saya-shit Kashit"
bastek66Mar 18, 2016 10:47 AM
Mar 18, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
Wasn't Hotaru having a mouth ulcer brought up last week? How has Kokonotsu possibly forgotten about that? I mean sure, the timeline of when these episodes take place is probably all over the place, but it still seems a bit daft. The fact that Kokonotsu should have known about this makes me more irritated that he would be so insistent on making Hotaru eat sweets when she really shouldn't.

Really though, something like this did not need to be stretched out into an entire episode, especially when it was brought up last week. And what was the point of Saya being there again? Her presence in this episode was literally pointless.
Mar 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
I'm gald that they are putting more Saya to this series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 18, 2016 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Hotaru in this episode.

Kokonotsu and Saya gave up on Hotaru at the end!
Mar 18, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
OW! that must be tough for Hotaru :(
OW! the rating.... OW!
overall, it was pretty funny and enjoyable episode.
Hotaru x Endou ? XD
Mar 18, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
Seeing Hotaro I thought that hotaro also has a serious side but I was wrong again
Mar 18, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
I like how they tried building up pity for Hotaru, then broke it down to 0 at the end of the episode.
It's been a nice series, but I don't really mind it ending next week. It's been running long enough, time for something else to take the spotlights!

Why tf do you use candy as medicine? /5

Mar 18, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
What a horseshit. They expanded that mouth ulcer bit which lasted few pages into whole awful anime original episode, just to make director's boring waifu into episode, because they run out of chapters with her. And it's noticeable since she was completely useless in this episode, Saya in manga was never in the mansion, whole her and Hotaru skinship is also anime original. I wonder why sponsors allowed this shit episode to air when it's basically bad publicity for cheap snacks using main mascot. Not to mention that Hotaru's not wanting eat dagashi was out of character.
Only one bit was taken from manga, mixture that she drank was from chapter 16 and it tasted awful there.

Not sure what you mean by skinship between the two.

Anyway I did like this episode. Anime original or not, it overall played a lot on how Hotaru is like. I mean struggling with not eating Dagashi is pretty much something we could expect from her. She trying to cure herself with Dagashi (even without knowing it) is also with how the character is like. Her weird reactions and actions are pretty much on line with the Hotaru-ness.

Nothing really felt out of character at all '-'

Also, what do you mean they ran out of chapters with her?
Mar 18, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2009
BGMaxie said:

I mean constant hugging Saya is not present in source material.

I mean they adapted all chapters with Saya up to 58th while skipping 25 chapters with Hotaru. They don't have chapters with her anymore so they will probably make two more anime original episodes like the latest horseshit, just to force director's boring waifu.
Mar 18, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
Wearing sunglasses at night. Because, why not?

Mar 18, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2013
Whoever wrote this ep's never had a mouth ulcer, have they? It's got nothing to do with what you eat lmao, they occur randomly for ppl that are just genetically more likely to have them. What you eat barely affects them after you've got one too and no amount of candy makes them swell. They also don't affect your face like that, they're tiny...
Mar 18, 2016 3:22 PM

Jan 2015
Those bugs in the garbage though.
Oh man Hotaru needs help, urgent help. Tears came out. Shit. What happened?
Where actually does Hotaru stay in this village?
SHE HASN'T COME TO THE CANDY STORE FOR 2 DAYS!!??
I don't know but I'm calling Goku, this seems like a planet-scale problem. I need to save Hotaru-chan!
Wow she lives in that bigass house by herself. Good! Good! Hotaru-chan! She has grown. I'm proud.
O shit Hotaru-cahn seems to be sick or having problems in her mouth. I was wrong, This is a universe-scale problem!
We gotta build the wall. Make Hotaru-chan great again!!
Yeah it's a problem with her teeth it seems (or mouth)
Look at her elegant style, the way she's rejecting those candy even though it's very tough for her. Well this is life, you struggle and struggle for the things you want.
FUCKINGNUTSU STOP YOU BITCH HOTARU IS CLEARLY TRYING HER BEST NOT TO EAT IT!!!!
qt hotaru
She has now lost control, SHE WANTS THAT CANDY!! But she gotta hold back..
Good episode, we got to see how much Hotaru has developed as a character over the course of the series now, it's amazing character development. 10/10
Episode was fine, nothing shit nothing great. 2.8/5
Mar 18, 2016 3:23 PM

Jun 2013
she eats too much candy of course she was gonna get sick
Mar 18, 2016 3:45 PM

Sep 2014
Ginkaize said:
I don't know but I'm calling Goku, this seems like a planet-scale problem. I need to save Hotaru-chan!

Sorry man, Can't do anything about it :/ Too out of my league.
Mar 18, 2016 3:45 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Piromysl said:
Wearing sunglasses at night. Because, why not?
Those vending machines can be hard on the eyes at night.
Was there anything else in her fridge? I'm not even going to waste effort wondering if she can cook for herself :D
Mar 18, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2015
Goku said:
Ginkaize said:

Sorry man, Can't do anything about it :/ Too out of my league.
No man don't say that pls. Just.. shomehow.. pls.. save her....
Mar 18, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2013
Was it just me or was there an Evangelion reference in the episode when Hotaru's body started moving on its own? Sorta looked like EVA-01 going berserk against Zeruel to be honest....
Mar 18, 2016 4:39 PM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
BGMaxie said:

I mean constant hugging Saya is not present in source material.

I mean they adapted all chapters with Saya up to 58th while skipping 25 chapters with Hotaru. They don't have chapters with her anymore so they will probably make two more anime original episodes like the latest horseshit, just to force director's boring waifu.
Ah so you say Saya has no more material eh?

Anyway Saya didn't annoy me, and Hotaru shines because she is Hotaru '-'
Mar 18, 2016 5:33 PM

May 2015
Ulcer. Terrible. I hate those. She was going to get sick sooner or later eating that much candy anyway, lmao. Fine episode.

Mar 18, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2011
I'm kinda surprise that Hotaru still have all her teeth. The amount of candy she eats...Even her medicine is candy....she even says that it's what she takes all the time....
Mar 18, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
Finally get to see Hotaru's house. I was wondering where she has been living.
Hotaru rejecting candy. Something definitely is wrong.
Lol the medicine turned out to be powdered candy drinks.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 18, 2016 7:01 PM
Feb 2016
bastek66 said:
What a horseshit. They expanded that mouth ulcer bit which lasted few pages into whole awful anime original episode, just to make director's boring waifu into episode, because they run out of chapters with her. And it's noticeable since she was completely useless in this episode, Saya in manga was never in the mansion, whole her and Hotaru skinship is also anime original.

Did you watch next episode's preview and confirm once again how shameless this studio is?
Mar 18, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2013
Oh hotaru you loveable idiot :)
Mar 18, 2016 9:09 PM
Mar 2016
So is there a lot of anime original content of Saya in this ep? Because watching the manga fanboys rage has been consistently funnier than watching the show or reading the manga
Mar 18, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
kaneluan06 said:
So is there a lot of anime original content of Saya in this ep? Because watching the manga fanboys rage has been consistently funnier than watching the show or reading the manga
Where else do yo usee tha hatred?
Mar 18, 2016 9:50 PM

Oct 2011
Hotaru's Mouth ulcer got worse and now she sick.

REJECTED CANDY OMG 0____0
Mar 18, 2016 10:43 PM

Jan 2016
yo I need some help, my rope broke when I entered the dagashi dimension in Hotaru's drink D:

Mar 18, 2016 11:01 PM

Oct 2015
Mascera said:
Aww, Kokonotsu's missing Hotaru already. Why didn't he just say so? LOL

So Hotaru's still sick? no offense, Hotaru Even worse? Shouldn't her feet get swollen too? Because I believe that Hotaru's running all day long and just wearing socks.

That Colorful "Medicine"...

Nice episode. Typical Hotaru! Eating more candy to recover from having eaten candy.
Though never expected her to reject candy. Withdrawal symptoms LOL.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 19, 2016 3:34 AM

May 2009
Aniviangel said:
Did you watch next episode's preview and confirm once again how shameless this studio is?

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/dagashi/story/
Looks like anime original shit with Saya and Lamune chapter
Mar 19, 2016 5:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I've been wondering since 1st episode where Hotaru lives on that town.

Just looking at Hotaru is painful, especially when she was drinking "her medicine"

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 19, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Beyond how it is behaving the anime than the manga, or see the fans, you always notice more how well the character of Hotaru, the only ruler of the stage, there is nothing else, not even a story line follow. This is the only fault I to criticize me, the rest, also including Hotaru, works well, but I wish they would change something.

bastek66 said:
What a horseshit.

Looking at it with the eyes of the manga, I agree with you. ^^"
Mar 19, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Hotaru with a mouth ulcer leaving her with no choice but to hold off on candy. But god those withdrawal symptoms were hilarious! I don't get why she's still feeling a candy deprivation though, since she's essentially drinking candy on the daily :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

173 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

99 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

105 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

143 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.