Forum Settings
Forums

why do People saying other people have "Sh*t taste"

New
Mar 7, 2016 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
This is one question and one of the things that annoys me. Why do people pointed other people that they have "Sh*t Taste" For an example, lets say person A loves bleach, loves watching it and loves reading it. person B say that person A have a sh*t taste because person b hates bleach, therefore, calling out person A have the worst taste. I hate those people. i hate sword art online, toradora, and to love ru, but i dont bash people asking "Why do you like this piece of sh*t anime?" why dont other people leave the other people alone and let them watch what they want to watch. and also, stop getting butthurt by other people if they give your favorite anime a low ratings.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2016 3:26 AM

Apr 2013
Because they want to feel superior for liking "better" Japanese cartoons. I couldn't really think of a more pathetic way to phrase this phenomenon.
Mar 7, 2016 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
they are insecure about their own taste and prove their "supperiority" by looking down on another people taste.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 7, 2016 3:27 AM

Jan 2016
Probably because the Internet is filled with dickheads who believe that only their opinions are of any importance.
Also, people love arguing about pointless subjects, such as personal tastes.
Mar 7, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2015
It's gone to the point where people genuinely use shit taste and good taste to define someone's favourites and ratings.

ITS A JOKE OKAY GUYS? IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL THING.

TASTE JUST EQUALS = PREFERENCE!

No objectivity in that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2016 3:32 AM

Sep 2015
The basic rule of thumb that a lot of people seem to operate by is that if you have a different taste to someone else, their taste is bad.

It's just another way of saying "you like shows I don't like."

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. It seems to be something used mostly be trolls and idiots.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.

Sep 2015
Gator said:
Because they want to feel superior for liking "better" Japanese cartoons. I couldn't really think of a more pathetic way to phrase this phenomenon.
This in a nutshell. If you wanna see some really in depth shit about this, here's an article: http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/09/08/your-taste-is-bad-and-so-are-you/

Dec 2015
rebornnora said:
This is one question and one of the things that annoys me. Why do people pointed other people that they have "Sh*t Taste" For an example, lets say person A loves bleach, loves watching it and loves reading it. person B say that person A have a sh*t taste because person b hates bleach, therefore, calling out person A have the worst taste. I hate those people. i hate sword art online, toradora, and to love ru, but i dont bash people asking "Why do you like this piece of sh*t anime?" why dont other people leave the other people alone and let them watch what they want to watch. and also, stop getting butthurt by other people if they give your favorite anime a low ratings.

Didn't you just subtly bash toradora, SAO, and to-love ru by saying why do you like this piece of shit anime therefore bashing peoples possibly favorites in an indirect way. It sounded like you used very specific examples to me O_O?
Mar 7, 2016 3:33 AM

Dec 2015
because they're idiots, or trolling
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Mar 7, 2016 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
Cejara said:
rebornnora said:

Didn't you just subtly bash toradora, SAO, and to-love ru by saying why do you like this piece of shit anime therefore bashing peoples possibly favorites in an indirect way. It sounded like a kind of specific examples to me O_O?

Just giving an example. i am not actually say that. see those quotes? besides, anyone watch whatever they want.
Mar 7, 2016 3:36 AM

Sep 2015
Cejara said:
rebornnora said:

Didn't you just subtly bash toradora, SAO, and to-love ru by saying why do you like this piece of shit anime therefore bashing peoples possibly favorites in an indirect way. It sounded like you used very specific examples to me O_O?

The OP isn't insulting the people who like those anime, though.
When someone tells another that they have shit taste, it's an insult. Not everyone is going to like the same anime, obviously, and will think some of them are shit.

But when you're telling someone that they have shit taste, it's almost like you're telling that person they themselves are shit for liking the anime.
Mar 7, 2016 3:37 AM

Nov 2012
because they like feeling superior.
either that or they're just joking
Mar 7, 2016 3:39 AM
Mar 2013
I think it's mostly used ironically. The few people who use it seriously are either insecure about their own tastes, or trolling.
Mar 7, 2016 3:40 AM

Mar 2015
JkayW said:
It's gone to the point where people genuinely use shit taste and good taste to define someone's favourites and ratings.

ITS A JOKE OKAY GUYS? IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL THING.
maybe this is related to people who like that.

there is joke that actually funny and there is not. just like pranks.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 7, 2016 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
rebornnora said:
This is one question and one of the things that annoys me. Why do people pointed other people that they have "Sh*t Taste" For an example, lets say person A loves bleach, loves watching it and loves reading it. person B say that person A have a sh*t taste because person b hates bleach, therefore, calling out person A have the worst taste. I hate those people. i hate sword art online, toradora, and to love ru,

You have shit taste.

jokes, most of the time it is a joke you find true enlightenment when you start to enjoy something in everything.

Mar 7, 2016 3:43 AM

Apr 2010
Basically, because people are mean and think they know better.

Mar 7, 2016 3:48 AM

Apr 2015
They just express their own opinion, not knowing what the term "opinion" means.

I'm also not sure for what kind of answer are you looking for... Do you want people to say that those are idiots or something? I don't see much discussion in it.
Mar 7, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2012
Well cuz if i where to jus accept the taste of every single being discussing would be kind of pointless. I'll sometimes try to be objective realy for example when i watch a shoujo which is not really my kind of genre, someone who do likes that genre to has much more wisdom about it then me. But bland characters for example really is not always s objective as everyone says it is. People need to staph always wanting to be a gentle men and just say what they think about a anime good or bad. If they where to say tho they like bland characters i would let it slide.
Mar 7, 2016 3:56 AM

Jan 2016
i think people watch anime for entertainment and our likes and dislikes vary so ....we must not really care of what other think of our taste.
Mar 7, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
johnyjohny said:
Well cuz if i where to jus accept the taste of every single being discussing would be kind of pointless. I'll sometimes try to be objective realy for example when i watch a shoujo which is not really my kind of genre, someone who do likes that genre to has much more wisdom about it then me. But bland characters for example really is not always s objective as everyone says it is. People need to staph always wanting to be a gentle men and just say what they think about a anime good or bad. If they where to say tho they like bland characters i would let it slide.

Good point. Also shoujo isn't much my genre either, so I have taken people's recommendations, that solely watch and live for shoujos, on shows in that genre and have not been disappointed. I do think bland characters ruin many shows (Amnesia comes to mind, but it didn't have much going for it anyways to begin with lol), but I do think many characters that are bland can be objectively defined as bland. Maybe some are not so black and white with their blandness (like being the "straight man" in Gintama or for any other show for that matter).
Mar 7, 2016 4:02 AM
Mar 2015
They are just jealous of your superior anime taste, OP.
Mar 7, 2016 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
You do't have to care what anyone else thinks but that doesn't mean that them giving their opinion is a bad thing.
I say go ahead and call whatever you want shit, but know that at the end of the day it's just your opinion and not an objective fact.
Mar 7, 2016 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
Well if u hate to love ru i dont even want to talk to u tbh <.<
Mar 7, 2016 4:24 AM

Aug 2008
We call this type of people elitist. Anyway, they just want to feel superior about their taste in Chinese cartoon in the internet since they are loser in real life. As Satou Tatsuhiro from Welcome to NHK said:

It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. Isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation.

http://www.less-real.com/quotes/search/Satou%20Tatsuhiro
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 7, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2014
Because I feel better when I insult you..?
Isn't that obvious.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Mar 7, 2016 5:33 AM

Jun 2015
People who think they can be objective with anime quality.

So basically ThatAnimeSnob fanboys.
Mar 7, 2016 5:36 AM

Jun 2015
Why would you care what someone else thinks about your taste in anime?
Mar 7, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
Because they want to feel superior or they just can't understand/accept that people's taste is subjective
Mar 7, 2016 5:42 AM

Dec 2015
If I were you I wouldn't pay *much* attention to them.. Let them piss off!!
Mar 7, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
Everyone here have said that word at least once to others. Don't act innocent.
Kaiser-chanMar 7, 2016 5:57 AM

Mar 7, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
ItsMaz said:
It seems to be something used mostly be trolls and idiots.
Joy4ever said:

It's not true, I say it quite often and I never troll >:c!

Wait...
Mar 7, 2016 6:02 AM

Sep 2015
Clebardman said:
ItsMaz said:
Joy4ever said:

Wait...

Well, I did say 'mostly' ^^ For what it's worth.
Mar 7, 2016 6:02 AM

Sep 2009
They're bored and trolling.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Mar 7, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2015
as long there is two or more people there will be different opinions . i have this credo
live and let others live as well. i dont care what other people think of my anime habits . i watch or read what i like.
“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
Mar 7, 2016 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty sure they just say it to bait people.
Mar 7, 2016 6:10 AM

Apr 2014
People have different tastes. And some people's tastes are bad. Some people also taste bad, but that's a wholly other subject.
Mar 7, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2015
I hope everyone who says that is a troll and nothing more.

This one TAS fantard compared the taste of anime fans to the Holocaust. I shit you not.

It was at that moment when, a brain tumor was born.
Mar 7, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2012
I'm more intrigued by how much this community is obsessed with the behaviour of others.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Mar 7, 2016 6:13 AM

Nov 2015
I don't get it either.
Bashing on the anime itself is way more fun than bashing on people who like it.

Also yeah, if they find you getting baited really easily they'll do it even more..
Mar 7, 2016 6:19 AM

Oct 2014
Just kill them all and let Haruhi sort them out.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Mar 7, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2015
Because they are bell ends full stop
Mar 7, 2016 6:23 AM

Feb 2015
guess what....what you need to do to avoid it....: kill your own emotion so that you can't feel anything even if someone insult your taste, waifu and fav anime or manga.

joke aside....just ignore them. done.
they probably see themselves more superior than you, then why not we look at them as an ant if they think they are more superior than us LOL.
OR!
That probably just a bait LOL. they just love to see people's rage. you must be carefull of that.....people these days are crazy y'know. time to timetravel to 2007 i guess...
Or that is actually a...
CONSPIRACY
YizelTroMar 7, 2016 6:31 AM
Mar 7, 2016 6:37 AM
Jan 2016
Because internet m8 now get rekt n cry to your mom, also fuck the 30 character rule
Mar 7, 2016 6:47 AM

Oct 2013
This won't ever stop. There doesn't need to be a logical thought out reason for someone to criticize anyone else's taste.
Mar 7, 2016 6:56 AM

Mar 2014
"why do people saying other people have 'shit taste'?"

lol, OP.
I'm guessing you're not a native speaker, so I'll go easy on you...
Your title should either say "why are people saying others have 'shit taste'?" or "why do people say others have 'shit taste'?"

"do" and "saying" don't go together. :P
Also, the double people isn't really necessary, although I suppose you COULD phrase it like "Why do people say other people have..." but it sounds kind of childish when you phrase it that way.

Anyway, to answer your question:
People say others have "shit taste" for a few reasons...
A) Because they're immature.
B) Because they want to get somebody angry.
C) Because they're trolling.
D) Because it's a popular thing to say, and they're sarcastically mocking the other people who're saying it.
vigorousjammerMar 7, 2016 7:15 AM
::End of Transmission::

Mar 7, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2015
Clebardman said:
ItsMaz said:
Joy4ever said:

Wait...

ok maybe it was a bit too much but said a person has shit taste is too much too
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Mar 7, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2015
Why does this thread come up everyday?
OT: Because some people have nothing better to do, seriously that's it.
Mar 7, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
It's sarcasm, nobody gives a shit what you like or don't like.
Mar 7, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
They're tryhard to be a guy like ThatAnimeSnob basically.
Mar 7, 2016 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
Duh instead of saying people that rates the anime you dislike high or anime you like low has shit taste, why don't you make your own review instead? I love reading reviews, even if it's rates my 10/10s 1/10. Review is your own subjective thought about something, we can say anime or manga here, and you can add some fact that helps to make your reviews less-based, but that doesn't really necessary although most people will probably like the former more. If you guys wanted to know why I give such rating to all of my completed list, just ask me and I'll make a review about it. And once again I'm telling you that every person perspectives are different so that reviews can cover up different side and thus different ratings. It's just like on which angle you view an abstract three dimensional object tbh.

Other thing to be noted is that people rates anime with different methods. I used 30/30/20/20 for plot/character/sound&visual/enjoyment, while other people may use almost 0% enjoyment (0% is impossible and inhuman) or perhaps any other different scales.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Jun 12

20 by Memore »»
2 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

125 by perseii »»
5 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

49 by LoveLikeBlood »»
12 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - Yesterday

25 by LoveLikeBlood »»
14 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

34 by LoveLikeBlood »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.