Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get a lot of Koala this week. I thought it was nice see Kite again (in Chimera Ant form). I admit, she looks a bit odd but it was because of the change.

I found their conversation to be refreshing tbh. It was also nice seeing the World Tree and my god, it's beautiful.

1 more episode of HxH left ;_;
Kinda interesting to see Madhouse reflecting back all the memories at the credits.
Sep 16, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Fuck, the ending with Reason caught me off guard. I can't handle these feels. ;_;
Sep 16, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
Thats it... I teared up.. Im afraid I can't handle the finale..
Sep 16, 2014 10:46 AM
Aug 2014
Wow.

Despite the next episode being the epilogue, a guy from Madhouse did say that he thought 147 feels more like the real 'final' episode. I guess that makes sense, Gon and Killua are the Protagonist and Deuteragonist and essentially thus far the core of the series. Them parting ways is really quite big. Even though I assumed it would happen one day, it's different to actually see it.
Sep 16, 2014 11:11 AM
Jan 2010
Aw c'mon, that really caught me off guard D: Reason was their parting bgm.

Didn't think we'd see Mr Koala, not to mention he took up a third of the episode.

As for Gon and Killua's parting....Can't say it's the end. It seems more like a giant step forward.

One more episode! And more to come right? :3
Sep 16, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2011
Holy shit that ending hit me right in the feels ;_;
I couldn't help but cry, gg Madhouse
Sep 16, 2014 11:22 AM
Aug 2014
This whole episode completely shat all over the Manga version. In a good way.
Sep 16, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2011
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Sep 16, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2011
Cloud1Hx2 said:
This whole episode completely shat all over the Manga version. In a good way.

Not that it was hard lol
Togashi totally screwed up in that part, but Madhouse did a good job nonetheless

By the way, anyone else noticed that cameo (if we can call it like this) of Peggy? It was a really nice add and put a smile on my face
Sep 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2012
lol this is the final episode
and next week is dark continent arc 24 min PV and the real series would come at least in 10 years from now (not including hiatus) XD
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
I can't hold in the tears, this is so ;__;

Gon at the end was so cute when he found out Alluka was the one who healed him, never seen him behave like that (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ so cute

;_; don't cry, one more episode.
Sep 16, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
DAMN IT! I'M CRYING! like crying hard, with all the runny nose and sobbing! Damn you HxH, it hurts! T_______T

*calm down*

Was nice to see the Koala again, I have always felt like he can be an important character.
I'm a bit sad seeing Colt with Kite's side. I wished he would go back home with his mother and sister. But maybe he did. I hope he did.
KuriniSep 16, 2014 12:37 PM
Sep 16, 2014 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode, I was in tears. :(
Sep 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2014
The feels... just the feels. Reason completely caught me off guard, and I definitely had tears in my eyes once I heard it. Also loved the small fillers Madhouse added to the episode. Man, next week is gonna be painful...

Let's see whether they bring another ending back for the final episode. Hunting for your Dream would be awesome, but then again I can't see that happening. '^^
HitsuSep 16, 2014 12:36 PM
Sep 16, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
As sad as I am that the anime is ending

I'm just glad it got this far to end this major story arc of Hunter x Hunter. Other long running shows don't often get this luxury of ending on a high note so I'm going to cherish it with a bittersweet sendoff like Gon and Killua did with each other this week

Sep 16, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
The music playing at the end really got me
Sep 16, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2013
It was hard to see Gon and Killua part ways in the manga but this was just too much T___T
SaSa-ZoldyckSep 16, 2014 1:19 PM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 16, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2010
Just Beautiful :*) THE FEEEEELZ!!! T^T I'm gonna die crying nxt week.

Killua and Gon's farewell with those sad faces was so sad D*: DAT Nostalgia rush when the end started playing T_T

Loved how Alluka said "After she keeps her Onii-chan to herself for a while, she'll return him back" XD She's really adorable <3

Can't wait for Ging and Gon's conversation :3 Based MH! That's how u adapt a manga :D

Where's Kite's tail though :P
Barion-ZaraSep 16, 2014 12:49 PM
Sep 16, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
I just couldn't help it, I started crying the moment Killua and Gon started to part, when the song started playing and then when it showed all their story in the credits... I just lost it. I lost it. I goddamn love this anime so much and I know that we still have the manga, but seeing it coming to life through animation is a different experience.

I just don't want it to end. ;_;

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Sep 16, 2014 12:44 PM
Aug 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
It was hard to see Gon and Killua to part ways in the manga but this was just too much T___T

Agreed. I think it's fair to assume that one day they would part ways, I had that feeling for quite a while... but it's one thing to know it... another to see it.

[/SPOILER]
Sep 16, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:

You bet on that. Everyone will probably sob their hearts out from the feels, me no less. ( ;c;)
I'll need a lot of tissues next Tuesday. All of us will.

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Sep 16, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Killua and Gon's farewell with those sad faces was so sad D*: DAT Nostalgia rush when the end started playing T_T

Loved how Alluka said "After she keeps her Onii-chan to herself for a while, she'll return him back" XD She's really adorable <3

Can't wait for Ging and Gon's conversation :3 Based MH! That's how u adapt a manga :D

Even after seeing it animated I didn't get it though...Why is Kite a human? Does it have something to do with his ability that Ging mentioned? Like him being reincarnated into the closest corpse or something? What about Meruem's twin sister? She's not Kite after all?

Kite is not human. She's is an ants, Meruem's twin sister it is her. She have a tail, weird foot.
Episode 92
http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/File:Kite_is_born.png
Episode 109:
http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/File:109_-_Colt_and_young_Kite.png
EPisode 137:
http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/File:Chimera_Ant_Kite.png
GuilekSep 16, 2014 12:50 PM
Sep 16, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
^ Yeah sorry I just realized everything. A bit sleepy :P Edited my comment too XD
Sep 16, 2014 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
Man, these last episodes seem to be just a big feel train ;_;
That reason ed though ;_;
Sep 16, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
Amergerd, the feels were to much to handle, i had to cri everitim.

Only one episode left, my life will never be the same without a new Hunter x Hunter ep every week.

This weeks ep = http://imgur.com/TzVvdEJ

I seriously don't hope we'll have to wait too long for Hunter x Hunter. I mean it's enough that we only get 2 GOT episodes each year.
ramrowanSep 16, 2014 12:57 PM
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Sep 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2008
This felt like the final episode.
Sep 16, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
Great fucking episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2011
Oh god I felt so sad watching the ED. I think I'm gonna cry next week during the final ep dead srs.

Sep 16, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2009
Was tearing up during the Gon and Kite reunion, but I totally lost it when Gon and Killua parted ways. Reason in the background and the flashbacks...that hit me hard.

What's interesting is that this feels like an ending to the series altogether. If this is how it is in the manga, Madhouse really picked the perfect place to end it.

One episode left, guys. After next week's episode ends, I'll probably curl up in a ball on my bed.
Sep 16, 2014 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
Btw, anyone notice that Kite has the same colored eyes as Meruem? Hell the way she spoke even reminded me of him. Too cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
I tried not to cry, but then they started walking in different directions with sad faces and i just...bursted into tears.Perfect way of using Reason there.Perfect episode.HxH forever.1 more episode to go.

Jun 2013
*hides under a blanket in a dark room and sobs*

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Jun 2009
What? NO.
Why is it ending? This was easily one of the best animes ever made.

This is too sad to handle...
Sep 16, 2014 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
Vanser said:
Fuck, the ending with Reason caught me off guard. I can't handle these feels. ;_;

akihikosama said:

Omg, yeah ;_;

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 16, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2010
The feels ;_;
Sep 16, 2014 1:12 PM
Aug 2011
This should have been the official last episode because that ending was done splendidly.
Sep 16, 2014 1:17 PM
Aug 2014
akihikosama said:

Mormegil said:

What's interesting is that this feels like an ending to the series altogether. If this is how it is in the manga, Madhouse really picked the perfect place to end it.

parfaited said:
This should have been the official last episode because that ending was done splendidly.

Yeah, one of the people at Madhouse said that they felt like they were animated the 'true' last episode and felt as if this episode is the last. The following is an Epilogue.
Sep 16, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
I'm going to miss this show so much...

God knows how many years it will take before it returns. I mean gosh, will I still even be watching anime when it returns? Shit like this scares me. Hope Togashi finds himself in good health soon.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 16, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god this really was like an epilogue. I can't say I really enjoyed this episode but it couldn't be helped it was so sad and it felt like a conclusion. I kept thinking that next week it's ending.

Reason T_T
I am not reading the manga, but I hope the goodbye was as sad as in the anime because that means that they will meet up again and be like in the past. Their friendship was awesome, both had trust in each other. During the election arc though, there hadn't been any moments between them, and Alluka showed up, so it didn't have the impact I thought it would have on me.

And now I am asking, this really was an epilogue, so why didn't they stop it right here? They don't even know if they will continue the series.
Sep 16, 2014 1:21 PM

Jun 2009
danae17 said:
Oh my god this really was like an epilogue. I can't say I really enjoyed this episode but it couldn't be helped it was so sad and it felt like a conclusion. I kept thinking that next week it's ending.

Reason T_T
I am not reading the manga, but I hope the goodbye was as sad as in the anime because that means that they will meet up again and be like in the past. Their friendship was awesome, both had trust in each other. During the election arc though, there hadn't been any moments between them, and Alluka showed up, so it didn't have the impact I thought it would have on me.

And now I am asking, this really was an epilogue, so why didn't they stop it right here? They don't even know if they will continue the series.

No, next week's episode is the one people are quoting as "being like an epilogue". Not this one.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
danae17 said:

Next ep will be the epilogue, whereas this episode had an air of finality about it, the next ep offers hope for the future/next arc. It'll be a pretty solid closer I'd imagine.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 16, 2014 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
Vexper said:
I'm going to miss this show so much...

God knows how many years it will take before it returns. I mean gosh, will I still even be watching anime when it returns? Shit like this scares me. Hope Togashi finds himself in good health soon.

I am thinking about the same thing. Will I like anime then, or, will I be willing to watch it? Who knows how many years it will take...a new adaptation in 2017 would be a miracle with Togashi's current pace.
Sep 16, 2014 1:23 PM
Jan 2012
this was great ;___;
no more Gon x Kill?
fucking Alluka T_T u do dis?

next week's ep will be great as well I thought they would adapt more this ep, but it was a better choice to do it this way
Sep 16, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
For people who say this is like the final episode already... the final montage of chapter 339 is the best open ending the series could hope for and I assume they will put the teaser for the Dark Continent before it. Rest assured: Chapter 339 will top this :)
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 16, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
@insan3soldiern @Vexper

Thanks. This episode's air of finality as you said, made it really bittersweet, I felt so sad while watching it. I don't think I am emotionally ready to watch the epilogue..
Sep 16, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
Like a lot of people said; I'm really caught off guard. Damn you HxH, damn you Madhouse, it's hard you know? T_T

148, please let 149 and the others come eventually. T_T

Not a better and emotionally contented ending has been experienced yet.
Sep 16, 2014 1:27 PM

Jun 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
For people who say this is like the final episode already... the final montage of chapter 339 is the best open ending the series could hope for and I assume they will put the teaser for the Dark Continent before it. Rest assured: Chapter 339 will top this :)

Yeah, as I've probably told you before I hope this is where they end it. An even better ending that this episode got imo.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2014 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
It was nice and warm episode,maybe with an exception of Kite,who was pretty cold towards the koala-ant,not like it is not entirely incomprehensible.

But I feel kind of sad,when I realise that there is only one more episode left.
removed-userSep 16, 2014 1:36 PM
Sep 16, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2007
Oh wow very nice episode, the start felt somewhat slow thought and a bit fillerish but I guess it's not I didn't readed the manga before ppl so don't flame me for saying that and then that ending part came and I somehow "expected"... maybe more like "hoped" they would travel with the 3 of them but in the end nothing seems less true.
Well dahm Madhouse I think this ep and from what I seen in the episodepreview will give a nice conclusion to the anime, and if the manga ever where to make enough material again for a new animeseason, I'd like to see it happen...
Hell I'm talking as if it's the last one, get it together me!! XD
Sep 16, 2014 1:33 PM

May 2013
Such a bittersweet episode... it truly felt like the last one.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

517 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

170 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

175 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AngelicFeces - Mar 10, 2012

97 by _Abdullah_ »»
Jun 5, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 108 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

292 by Nerdason »»
Jun 5, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.