Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh now that was something. I definitely think this needs to be watched before the movie but nonetheless was a fine watch. Looks like it introduced some of the characters and themes so far. Neat soundtrack though :3
Feb 21, 2014 8:58 PM
Jan 2010
Oh well....watched it after.

But it was good regardless.

I like how they brought back Asagami Fujino and added some emphasis to after the events of Movie 3.
"If you were in pain, then you should have said so from the start."
"Pain isn't something you feel, it's something you express."
Well, those were surely etched into my KOKORO.

I never sit well with the ending....well...cuz I want more D:
Haha, well I do like the whole "tragedy, but romance" thing though.

I still think Kokuto is yandere...or yangire.
Feb 22, 2014 3:03 AM

Jun 2012
i think its better to watch it after the movie.
this a lot of better than the movie from character design, animation, bacground and story especially the murderer aura from Fujino..

i dont think Kokuto as a yandere or yangire, he's just a typical Donkan Protagonist
shagek1Feb 22, 2014 3:07 AM
Feb 27, 2014 1:48 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed it quite more than I should have. Seeing Fujinon again was pretty nice, I still like her a lot. Her words made me nearly tear up.
And finally: Ryougi Shiki is still one of the best characters out there.

Feb 27, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
1 says watch after and 1 says watch before. What to do! Though im still waiting for the subs for the movie.
Feb 27, 2014 9:25 PM
Mar 2012
The Mirai Fukuin novel is basically a bunch of stories compiled together and Extra Chorus only animated 3 chapters of it so you can watch it in any order.

It's great to see badass Fujino again, but I think Shiki's blush was the highlight of the special.
Feb 28, 2014 5:41 AM

Sep 2013
That was a nice little return to the world of KnK. :)

The nostalgia factor was probably a big part of it, but I enjoyed this 30 minutes thoroughly, and think it was well worth the time. It isn't as dark as the rest of the series, but I don't think that's a bad thing. This is a side story after all. My favorite part about KnK has always been, not the thrilling mysteries, but the weird relationship/romance between Kokutou and Shiki, and this focused on it. Shiki-blush in the end was the highlight indeed. ^^

7/10

Now I'll just wait until Mirai Fukuin is subbed!
cupcMar 4, 2014 10:24 AM
Feb 28, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2012
It was quite nice xD
Liked the cat >< cute how it waited for kokutou :D
Feb 28, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2010
aww shiki's blush >w< i quite enjoyed it ^^ ahhh i want more! I love Kara no Kyoukai
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Mar 4, 2014 9:59 AM

Dec 2008
I think the little cat stole the entire episode. The rest was meh...

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 4, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
7/10
liked that we got to see Fujino again
Mar 6, 2014 7:11 AM
Oct 2008
When it started snowing that gave me so much goosebumps, It was so beautifully done Ufo did such a good job adapting this... Looking froward to F/SN later this year... (Would love it if more of Type-Moon's stories get this treatment)

... Rakkyo never gets old
Mar 6, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2007
Really enjoyed this. Shiki blush was indeed something. You can watch before or after the movie, it makes no difference.

Mar 9, 2014 6:58 AM

May 2013
that blush hnngggg!!

i think this is better than the movie in term of romance, and romance of mikiya and shiki is what im looking for

overall better that the movie for me

9/10
Mar 10, 2014 10:31 PM

May 2012
AF is <3

8/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Mar 14, 2014 5:49 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I thought this was better than Mirai Fukuin since it connects to the very main story. Loved the Shiki-Mikiya interactions.
May 13, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2009
I was waiting for UTW to subs this but went ahead and watched it....video quality was very meh....

And this shows that Mikiya and Shiki are the BEST couple ever in anime.So much that even the seiyuus married each other <3
ssjokgMay 13, 2014 11:00 AM
May 14, 2014 4:02 PM

May 2012
A pretty good sidestory to be honest, quite touching moments and well that cat sure was cute!

This side story also made me remember one of the older movies which I watched some time ago which was also very good!

All in all a very good side story!
May 27, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2012
Better than I was expecting for sure. Fujino reminded me of Accelerator in too many ways...
Jun 5, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
Need more Shiki x Mikiya.
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Aug 27, 2014 10:56 AM
Nov 2009
Ahhh.... Put that ending with Shiki and Mikiya on anything and I would have a smile on my face. xD Hahah... His sister's face when he told her he wasn't spending the holiday with them.
Oct 24, 2014 6:08 AM
Aug 2011
I didn't get this one and a stupid ass character i can never sympathize with won't help either.

7/10. Love shiki's theme.
Oct 24, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2011
Adramelech said:
I didn't get this one and a stupid ass character i can never sympathize with won't help either.

7/10. Love shiki's theme.

Who are you talking about? You make it sound like it was terrible yet you gave it a 7/10?

Very enjoyable for what it was... wasn't expecting anything amazing, just nice to see the characters in different settings. 8/10
Dec 12, 2014 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
Mikiya proves once again that he is awesome and makes a good husband. I found Fujino's confrontation with Miyazuki a bit strange. At first, she was about to kill her like a sadistic fiend, but then that switch was turned off and happy ending?!
Dec 15, 2014 12:30 AM

Dec 2007
Zuihou said:
Mikiya proves once again that he is awesome and makes a good husband. I found Fujino's confrontation with Miyazuki a bit strange. At first, she was about to kill her like a sadistic fiend, but then that switch was turned off and happy ending?!
The vibe I got was that she was trying to impart a fear of death in Miyazuki, and with it the will to keep going - even in the scene itself, that's quite over the top and rather unlike Fujino. From the beginning, I felt that Fujino never, even while she was doing that, intended to harm her.
Feb 5, 2015 4:07 AM

Jul 2012
I like how Shiki got on Mikiya for saying that the cat would get used to its new owners haha

I like the short Fujino chapter in this. I wonder why Miyazuki wanted to die though.
Apr 12, 2015 11:41 AM

Nov 2014
nice sidestory

Nov 11, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2015
wow that girl from the second one was a jerk. pulling her "friend" along with her just because SHE wanted to die...>.> didn't feel bad for her at all.

also about the cat. when shiki was about to explain, what WAS she going to say about it? is it a reincarnation or something?
Mar 26, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2015
Those tsundere moments of Shiki are too damn cute jajaja
Seeing Shiki blushing was the cutest thing!

Different stories from different characters, some are new, some are not.
Based on a suggestion I watched this one before Future Gospel.

I can't get enough of Ufotable's animation, its just gorgeous. But, those new smiles seemed a little bit too cartoony... Don't you think?

I was surprised of seeing Asagami Fujino again. Also, did not expect her to be blind, but then I remembered that Araya made something to her in the 4th movie (Hollow Shrine) and it was like he cured the anomaly in her, but I think she could see by that moment...then, what happened? Why is she blind?

Anyway, it was a nice special.

The end with Kokutou and Shiki was cute too.
HumbertoZeroMar 26, 2016 3:17 PM
Mar 26, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
HDarkmantis said:
Those tsundere moments of Shiki are too damn cute jajaja
Seeing Shiki blushing was the cutest thing!

Different stories from different characters, some are new, some are not.
Based on a suggestion I watched this one before Future Gospel.

I can't get enough of Ufotable's animation, its just gorgeous. But, those new smiles seemed a little bit too cartoony... Don't you think?

I was surprised of seeing Asajami Fujino again. Also, did not expect her to be blind, but then I remembered that Araya made something to her in the 4th movie (Hollow Shrine) and it was like he cured the anomaly in her, but I think she could see by that moment...then, what happened? Why is she blind?

Anyway, it was a nice special.

The end with Kokutou and Shiki was cute too.

Fujino became blind after the bridge incident (end of movie 3). She also developed Clairvoyllance along with her bending power, so I think that balance things someway.
Mar 26, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2015
Xarvon said:

Fujino became blind after the bridge incident (end of movie 3). She also developed Clairvoyllance along with her bending power, so I think that balance things someway.

Yeah, I could understand that but, at the moment of writing my comment I went back to the scene where she appears again in the 4th movie. She didn't look so "blind" and when I say that I mean she had that shine in her eyes. Usually when characters doesn't have shine in their eyes means they are blind (not a rule). So, that's why I got confused.
Glad things went right for her, I kinda liked her character. She was just a victim.
May 21, 2016 4:10 AM

Sep 2010
Doesn't matter when you watch it, before or after the movie, it's independent story (yes, story, not stories, the poster/cover there also making it bloody obvious).
I love how they bring together both new material all the while introducing back all main characters.
Holy Hell, Mikiya can be pretty pushy when he want.
Been surprised to see that blind Fujino, it was quite a sad thing. Fujino is not the most sympathetic character, but that's KnK we're dealing with, nobody here cab be described in simple "good" or "bad" terms. I've been very glad to hear more of Noto-Mami's absolutely lovely voice, never can get enough of it.
And god damn yes, that blushing Shiki - my heart almost skip a beat on that.
P.S. This cat and still nobody mentioned that cat? 0K, I'll do it for you then. Warning! Mood-breaking overused quote/fandom meme ahead:

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Aug 2, 2017 2:40 AM

Dec 2013
Nice collection of little stories which fills gaps between few previous movies. And Shiki is the best girl as always.
Aug 23, 2017 10:12 AM
Apr 2015
I liked the middle part the best. Best combination of drama and tension. And that soundtrack when Fujino attacked Miyazuki. The cat and Shiki's blushing were cute, but it wasn't really interesting (unlike the middle part).
Nov 6, 2017 10:41 AM
Feb 2017
This is completely worth watching just for the last couple of minutes of music and imagery, and the little playful finger gestures leading a sweet moment of hand holding.
Dec 14, 2017 9:37 PM

Sep 2017
The cat stole the show at the end of the last proyect that came out of KnK hahaha, cute neko.
Jan 12, 2019 4:40 PM

Sep 2013
I love this obscure little special. It helps remind you how special this series is - as well as Shiki herself. I got really sentimental at the end when her theme started playing. The music in KnK moves me in a way no other anime series can
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2019 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
nice little side story of 3 little stories, so this is the end of Kara no Kyoukai eh a shame they did not include Touko in this side story though
Jan 6, 2020 7:06 PM

Apr 2018
HumbertoZero said:
Xarvon said:

Yeah, I could understand that but, at the moment of writing my comment I went back to the scene where she appears again in the 4th movie. She didn't look so "blind" and when I say that I mean she had that shine in her eyes. Usually when characters doesn't have shine in their eyes means they are blind (not a rule). So, that's why I got confused.
Glad things went right for her, I kinda liked her character. She was just a victim.

Old comment, i know. But, for the sake of clarification (anyone who might have the same doubt):

Part 4 (Hollow Shrine) takes place before Part 3 (Fujino's actual movie). Araya didn't "cure her anomaly" as you say, he awakened her origin (her power to "twist" things), which is what leads to her becoming the antagonist in Part 3.
So, she wasn't blind back then, that happens after the end of Part 3 also.
Jan 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
Needed more neko, not much else to say about this. Glad I'm finally through all the movies.
Feb 10, 2020 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
such a pleasent way to end the entire series with shiki theme from the very early minutes of the first movie. I'm really glad to finished all the movies even thou' some movie were meh but it was very enjoyable from beginning to end, definitely my favourite work done by TYPE-MOON. Now if only Mahoutsukai no Yoru get anime adaptation......one can only hope.

English is my second language
May 16, 2020 12:44 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't see much point to this one either.

What I'm really curious about though is if Yuuko commited suicide of her own free will or if she was dragged into forced suicide like the other girls by Fujino.
Sep 20, 2020 8:54 AM

Sep 2017
Well this was some movie.
Gonaa rate all theknk movies a 7/10 because they were not up to the mark of excitement.
Well, movies 2 and 3 and 5 will have 9 or 10.

I dont know if it will make more sense after reading the light novels, but the movvies lacked tension and surprise.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 25, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2020
There is no connection with the movie main story and don't know what is connection of cat and the movie. The story is randomly in different plot. I guess this is should be side story of movie 3. Asagami with her esper ability introduced for the first time. It's powerful. This is the introduction of character I thought. 6/10
Jan 7, 2022 7:50 PM
Jun 2021
Enjoyed This

A Nice Send Off For A Iconic Series
Feb 8, 2022 4:43 AM

May 2020
Well this sidestory being the last thing with Kara no Kyoukai in its name. Nothing much, just as the name implies some extra stories from here and there. Though unexpected screentime to Asagami Fujino in this.
Feb 17, 2022 6:14 AM
May 2021
Well end of the sidestory and no more kara no kyoukai anime :(
Feb 24, 2022 4:38 AM

Aug 2020
Good journey. Really had fun watching this show. Enjoyed it 100%

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 27, 2022 12:12 PM

Dec 2018
i was honestly bored to death by this
Aug 18, 2022 1:34 PM
Mar 2021
nice bonus stuff. heart warming
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Question about Asagami Fujino

TypicalWeeb047 - Jul 17, 2022

3 by AreKuse »»
Jul 19, 2022 12:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.