Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2017 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, so we're getting more of Bell and his training with Ais this episode. I think they pretty much reused some of the exact same things from original DanMachi again? (might have to check later)

Lefiya and Bell's relationship still hasn't changed much. I honestly feel like Lefiya is the childish one here.

Action is fine, the usual stuff. Interesting to note that Ais encounters Liliruca in the dungeon. Bell also improved since his training. Not too shabby. FIREBOLTTTTTT
Jun 16, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2012
Don't remember the fight from the main story, but it felt much more cooler watching it this time. Might be that all the new little parts made it (much) better. Have a question if anyone knows (without spoilers if it is), Fin is a parum and he wants to change the attitude towards his race so why he didn't help Lili, pure coincidence not meeting her before, it feels like that world is not that big or just those are the places that are always shown.
Really enjoying this season much more than expected so will check the manga to see the parts that were cut. And research about where starting the novel.
Jun 16, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
The second half felt more like a Danmachi episode than an episode of Sword Oratoria. xD
Great episode though.

Nice moment between Gareth, Finn and Riveria.
Lefiya is still jealous of Bell, but glad to see that both Bell's and Lefiya's training is paying off.

Interesting encounter with the level 7 dude. Finn is awesome. xD

I'm glad we got to see the Bell vs Minotaur again, still as epic as I remember it.
There wasn't much in terms of progression for the Oratoria plot but the episode did well to establish the concurrence to the original series.
Jun 16, 2017 10:38 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see more of Bell and his training with Ais. Lefiya is still trying to do better than him. Ais had an interesting encounter with King Ottaral. Looks like Freya is trying to provoke the Loki Familia. Some scenes from the previous season might have been used for this episode. I don't remember how they were previously, but it was good watching it this time. Bell definitely has improved.
Jun 16, 2017 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
Oh they just cut part everyone peeking to Bell's stat

Its going to end same place like main story right?

pgmhecateii said:
Funny how no one really replies to the forum anymore..

Kay here you go
Into the Internet!
Jun 16, 2017 12:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sorry, but the best was Bell against the Minotaur, his fighting again!!!
Jun 16, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2013
Freya interfering with the loki familia but lv7 king ottar backs off after a confrontation.
Bell's minotaur fight again and now the expedition continues.
Jun 16, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2015
I'm quite looking forward to the expedition, going into uncharted land will be awesome.

I expected the Minotaur vs Bell fight to be just copy-pasted from the previous anime, but as someone who's watched that scene quite a few times, I gotta say that it had it's differences. Unfortunately we didn't see Freya orgasming from Bell's epicness
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 16, 2017 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
That minotaur fight in ep 8 of the main series was my favorite episode of that whole season, so it was really great to see it again from a different point of view. Someone should edit these two episodes together into a nice mega episode.
Jun 16, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, this episode felt more like a DanMachi episode instead of Sword Oratoria, but that's not really a bad thing as I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

More Bell getting screentime is great in my books and we get to see his fight against that Minotaur again, but from Aiz' point of view at times. Certain animation shots for the fight were new, although certain parts of it, looking at it carefully, were re-used. Normally that would be lazy for any studio to do, but most of the re-used animation shots were already excellent in the first place, so I don't have any complaints here. =)

Those mysterious soldiers at the beginning might be related to Freya, but I doubt it'll do anything to stop the expedition now, even if they re-appear again.

Hopefully, the rest of the expedition will be thrilling, battles and all. =)
Jun 16, 2017 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
allenjke said:
Don't remember the fight from the main story, but it felt much more cooler watching it this time. Might be that all the new little parts made it (much) better. Have a question if anyone knows (without spoilers if it is), Fin is a parum and he wants to change the attitude towards his race so why he didn't help Lili, pure coincidence not meeting her before, it feels like that world is not that big or just those are the places that are always shown.
Really enjoying this season much more than expected so will check the manga to see the parts that were cut. And research about where starting the novel.

I can answer that.
1)Lili used to change her appearance to other races when talking to adventurers to get hired, not only so that she wouldn't let them know her real appearance and could rob them afterwards without risk, but also earlier than that, simply to avoid peoples from her own familia trying to get the money she's earning.
2) Finn is from a very big familia, that has tons of lower levels available as supporters if necessary. They can even, in fact, take the luxury of using level 4 fighters and mages as supporters in the deepest floors of the dungeon. Only small families relies on freelancer supporters, anyone that can avoid involving other families in their explorations will do so, simply to avoid sharing the profits. When it's done it's very peculiar cases with very specific families as the target, like this time around, the loki familia is doing a raid together with the hephaistius familia to get their blacksmiths.

So no chance of it happening.

Jun 16, 2017 2:33 PM
Dec 2016
lot of scenes from the original series...these made that episode good...and what the fuck was Loki and Tiona doing? lol
Jun 16, 2017 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
@Zefyris Thanks for reminding, kinda forgot about Lili's hiding her appearance, but what i was basing it off was Finn's reasoning that was unveiled this episode and mb i'm giving him to much credit, but he could've noticed her and the situation she is in. And i assume he would've tried inviting her. Remember the moment she was trying to hide from the familia, so it's about how members are bound to the familia and i guess it was her bad luck getting into that familia.
Jun 16, 2017 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Honestly that look Hestia had towards the ending, the failed scene was the look she deserves.
That dumbfounded look soothes her.

Anyway now we saw Ais part of the story and i am wondering what to expect next which is something i am looking forward to.
Jun 16, 2017 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was worthy just for the fight of Bell against the minotaur. Such epic battle.
Was nice to see some small Ottar action. That dude is the most badass adventurer after all. Too bad we never get to see ven a glipmse of his power.

Btw, now that it was revelaed the men who attacked Aiz, Bell and Hestia are part of the Freya Familia, I wonder how the familia is, and if they are as powerful as other big Familias such as the one of Loki, considering the highest ranked adventurer belongs to them.
Jun 16, 2017 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
As others have said, this felt more like DanMachi.

Nice to see Bell vs Minotaur from Ais's point of view. It's still epic.

Finn was awesome when confronted Ottar (King).

Jun 16, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
allenjke said:
@Zefyris Thanks for reminding, kinda forgot about Lili's hiding her appearance, but what i was basing it off was Finn's reasoning that was unveiled this episode and mb i'm giving him to much credit, but he could've noticed her and the situation she is in. And i assume he would've tried inviting her. Remember the moment she was trying to hide from the familia, so it's about how members are bound to the familia and i guess it was her bad luck getting into that familia.

Orario is the biggest city of that world. Noticing a random level 1 palum that hides her identity most of the time isn't really an easy task. Lili was raiding the floor 1-11 with her groups, Finn was raiding with big group floor 50+.
She didn't get into that familia, she was born into it, both parents were from it, that's why she had no choice and was member since birth.
Also, Finn 's goal isn't that. he isn't trying to help his race by saving random members he comes across. His goal is far harder and far grander than that.
Jun 16, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2012
Zefyris said:

Orario is the biggest city of that world. Noticing a random level 1 palum that hides her identity most of the time isn't really an easy task. Lili was raiding the floor 1-11 with her groups, Finn was raiding with big group floor 50+.
She didn't get into that familia, she was born into it, both parents were from it, that's why she had no choice and was member since birth.
Also, Finn 's goal isn't that. he isn't trying to help his race by saving random members he comes across. His goal is far harder and far grander than that.

Don't know (mb just forgot) if i should know all of that info, but whatever no big deal. Just thought that even that Finn's goal is far greater than that he might've at least try to help. Welp that was Bell's quest i guess.
Jun 16, 2017 3:35 PM
Mar 2015
Wonderful fight.Bel kicks ass
Jun 16, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
wow Bell was kinda amazing
Jun 16, 2017 4:04 PM

May 2015
I remember that Bell moment from the first season. It was badass and awesome as hell back then, and seeing it again, it still impressed me.

Jun 16, 2017 4:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man the buildup in this episode was great (Especially between Finn, Riveria and the other dude) and holy fuck, I didn't know that this level 7 King guy existed....He made Aiz look like a chump too O_O

All of that great stuff/foreshadowing aside though, THEM MOMENTS FROM MY BOY BELL CRANEL THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though it wasn't as epic as it was in DanMachi S1, this just reminded me as to why I NEED a second season for DanMachi

Great episode overall
Jun 16, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
I mean DanMachi scene made this episode lets be honest, and after that scene i fking want even more a 2nd season for DanMachi....but oh well, lets keep making spinoff´s right japan?!.
Jun 16, 2017 5:04 PM
Feb 2016
One of best episode of season one, I mean spinoff, BOTH :D

This anime is 10/10. I hope 2nd season!
Jun 16, 2017 7:11 PM

Sep 2015
That was awesome seeing that Mino fight again with everyone else's point of view.
Jun 16, 2017 7:49 PM
Aug 2014
My fave character in Sword Oratoria... is Bell..
Jun 16, 2017 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
My memory of the first season is pretty hazy, but Bell's fight against the Minotaur was one of the only things I remember and it was cool to see it again.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 16, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2015
If that mini stare down with King (Ais first and then Finne) was a small preview of what is going to come for the last two episode I can’t wait (I’m not including Bell fight because that was from the main story [some of us already saw that]) to see the expedition and he final showdown.

Stark700 said:
Lefiya and Bell's relationship still hasn't changed much. I honestly feel like Lefiya is the childish one here.
+1

curzon17 said:
That minotaur fight in ep 8 of the main series was my favorite episode of that whole season, so it was really great to see it again from a different point of view.
Yeah, that Firebolt spam and the Minotaur imploding like that was epic.

Jun 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Mar 2009
lol at Loki and Tiona. Good luck to them with their "excercises."
Jun 16, 2017 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
Can't really say much about this series. An alternate retelling is pretty much what we knew we were getting, but through the lens of such an underwhelming character that seems to solely exist to be the yuribait punchline/ girl who is constantly giving a heart felt speech of how wonderful, and pure, and special the leads are, meh. We're long past the freshness of bell's adventure and here we have a somewhat sloppy retelling of a conspiracy nodded to in the last season. But we';re hardly anywhere near understand more than two years ago. And with the track record of LN adaptations anime only watches will just have to deal with that or "read the novels."

chipleader13 said:
lot of scenes from the original series...these made that episode good...and what the fuck was Loki and Tiona doing? lol
It's part of the usual checklist as per anime. Boob jokes, check, breast fondling for no real reason, check, boob excercize, sports, check.
Jun 17, 2017 12:05 AM
Oct 2007
I wished the production team combine and show both seasons together. I think that would turn out to be better and definitely doable with a good director.

This season with 2 episodes left does feel slightly underwhelming compared to the first. This is the only show that got me spending money buying their LN by the way. I'm still on book 1 unfortunately though :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 12:57 AM

Jan 2017
Just imagine how strong the Zeus and Hera familia was back then compare to Loki and Freya familia now. the expedition will tell more.
got to see full gear for Tsubaki captain Hephaistos, that was really cool with Black Katana on her side.
The difference between level 7 Ottar and newly ranked up level 6 Ais, major. look like he was overwhelmed with the presence of three level 6 characters.

and finally, the last epic scene, taken from original DanMachi series, wish to see more of it.
Jun 17, 2017 2:19 AM
Jun 2017
Pretty good anime although it does seem like they used quite a fair amount of the Danmachi anime scenes (Minotaur fight scene)

The exercises was actually a surprising scene
Jun 17, 2017 2:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Oratoria has always better when Bell gets more screentime instead of insufferable Lefiya. Great seeing the Minotaur fight again.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 17, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2015
Farabeuf said:
Oratoria has always better when Bell gets more screentime instead of insufferable Lefiya. Great seeing the Minotaur fight again.

This is a very sad thing to say:( Saying Sword Oratoria become better because of the existance of Bell is a wrong move, from me who has read both DanMachi and Sword Oratoria, I can't let that slide. Hahaha JokingXD Anyway I recommend you read the original sources also.

Personally I believe Bell should be remove in this spin-off and only appear as cameo. His influence is too big, and many viewers only watch the spin-off solely for Bell. Everyone are too focus Bell in this episode, not many mentioned or even care about some plots like the tension between Loki family and Freya and lv 7 Ottar.

Well even if you are annoyed by Lefiya, its not like she can do anything about it. Blame the author who created DanMachi instead? hahaha. So instead of letting Lefiya spoil your mood, why not look forward to the interactions between Lefiya and Bell, It is hilarious and they become weird buddies.
valvravetruthJun 17, 2017 8:46 AM
Jun 17, 2017 3:53 AM

Jun 2012
Ah they cut the Minotaur fight, Bell charging him upfront was awesome in Danmachi.
To make it worse they shift the focus to the annoying elf in mid-fight *face-palm*
Jun 17, 2017 3:57 AM
Sep 2016
I love that she keeps calling him a Human while being an Elf, feels slightly racist to me.
Jun 17, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
I dont know why this series is getting low scores, it's just as good as Bell's Story.

My god this episode got me hyped!

It's so cool to see Bell's development from another view. Plus all things going on between the Loki and Freya family is interesting. it's basically all the other things going on in the world that's not Bell's story.

Im just slightly upset that Ais and Bell never considered themselves friends. =/ Hopefully soon though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 17, 2017 7:27 AM

Feb 2009
Okay I do love my scenes with Bell but I'm kinda over it now, this was basically a DanMachi episode and I wanna get back to the whole lv 59 main story! Hopefully next week we can focus again on AIS...

Jun 17, 2017 7:55 AM

Jan 2011
DarcyD said:
Hopefully next week we can focus again on AIS...

They've focused more on Bell and Lefiya as if it were their show. Lefiya has no use here other to be the yuriprone fangirl who double as a love interest hopeful. It feels because Aiz is so powerful there's no feasible male lead to stand by her as a secondary, usually the whimp turned pro is reserved for the MC. Since there is none really here that would turn pro they settle for the elf chick.
Jun 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
So what are the odds we will be seeing more Bell action, and the expedition in a sequel?
There are only 2 episodes remaining...

They either completely skip the fight with the 'dungeon boss' and bell, or show a tiny part of it.
Otherwise the expedition will only be shown at the last episode, which makes it feel incredibly rushed if it has some kind of ending towards it.

I feel like this season will end with Bell joining up with the expedition to LVL 59, which will become a 'third season'. Maybe any LN readers can shed some insight into this?
Jun 17, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2017
valvravetruth said:

This is a very sad thing to say:( Saying Sword Oratoria become better because of the existance of Bell is a wrong move, from me who has read both DanMachi and Sword Oratoria, I can't let that slide. Hahaha JokingXD Anyway I recommend you read the original sources also.

Personally I believe Bell should be remove in this spin-off and only appear as cameo. His influence is too big, and many viewers only watch the spin-off solely for Bell. Everyone are too focus Bell in this episode, not many mentioned or even care about some plots like the tension between Loki family and Freya and lv Ottar.

but the mc in sword oratoria is looking for her hero which obviously bell shown in this ep lol so the influence for bell cannot be discriminate hahahahaha
agree with you, the insight story extremely interesting for those who really wanted to know DanMachi.
Jun 17, 2017 8:36 AM

Jan 2010
such a epic battle, you know why the series is bad when the best episode is a rewatch from danmachi
weekly reminder: delete lefiya
Jun 17, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2011
Waller said:

weekly reminder: delete lefiya

I don't particularly dislike her but I really don't understand why so much focus on her character and relationship with Aiz. I hope all that crap gets to something plot wise, at least.

» Escapism.

Jun 17, 2017 9:26 AM

Jan 2017
wtf is up with the oppai massage... some weird fan service going on there... 'like geez' calm da f** down but its too funny lol
you cannot have a serious convo like that

i really want gareth or finn to die, 'cause their deaths will be such an amazing twist

in the first season iwas shipping aiz x bell, but now im shipping bell x lefiya

aiz, no lefiya no aiz, lefiya, aiz aiz, actually lefiya nope aiz ft... but do ireally want them tsundere is so much better but aiz x cranel
(aaaargghhh i cant decide who should i ship)
doesnt seem right to ship bell with hestia

you see bell blushin' lol
does anyone else think that finn has got the aura of a god "daiyamn dude"

seeing that fight again. so exciting im hungry... took everything not to get crazy with excitement (i might break something if i do)

Jun 17, 2017 11:55 AM

Nov 2013
pgmhecateii said:
Funny how no one really replies to the forum anymore.

The second half of the episode literally just copy and pasted the same scene from the original Danmachi series except for this time it's Ais's point of view. Maybe.

I'm not really expecting anything from this series anymore.

it's not like this full story is the same as 1st season, except from ais team point of view
so ofc scenes with bell and aiz together will just be reused...
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 17, 2017 2:54 PM

Mar 2014
Best episode so far of Sword Oratoria and it's a Bell episode. Not surprised.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 17, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder how many people realize that they remastered 'that' scene

nah, actually, animation-wise this whole episode feels like a remaster of the whole DanMachi anime, of both this one and the main series.
Jun 17, 2017 7:02 PM

Jan 2008
With how much they literally recycled content, I'm surprised the new content is so bad.

This has been a rather big disappointment from JC. Was expecting something similar to Railgun and Index.
Jun 17, 2017 7:40 PM

Aug 2016
The only decent scene for this episode that isn't from the original anime is the Ottarl appearance, which was nice. I wanted to see more of him in Oratoria but that's probably his first and last appearance.

That Bell vs Minotaur fight scene gave me a huge dosage of nostalgia. It was beautiful to watch again and this is the only thing making me not feel this episode was subpar, since it was my favorite moment in DanMachi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

49 by Abdul_raheem211 »»
Aug 19, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2017

82 by HikaruKaneko »»
Jul 15, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.