Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a big animal compared to the size of Hakumei and Mikochi :o

I like the causal adventure style storytelling this episode. Oh and I think that fictional storytelling with the skits was kinda dope. There's still the usual Hakumei and Mikochi moments that I thought was cute and charming to see.

Overall, I think this was an entertaining show. Not too groundbreaking but really relaxing to watch along with the very colorful setting and alluring world fiction.
Mar 30, 2018 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
And so Hakumei and Mikochi ends with another animal encounter, Ryokubirou, involving a glimpse into Hakumei's caravan past life! I think I can say without the slightest shadow of a doubt that this was the most underrated and overlooked anime of the Winter season. At least among the ones I actually watched. So cute, so relaxing, so beautiful to look at, such endearing character set in an interesting universe. And it didn't ever really seem to get any attention. Maybe it was the calm, cool, unassuming nature of the show working against it, I dunno. But I loved it regardless. Strong 8 out of 10 and definitely one of the most enjoyable anime of the season. I hope we get more one day.
animefan8800Mar 30, 2018 7:13 AM
Mar 30, 2018 7:12 AM

Oct 2010
The size restriction sort of inverts most inchling stories like The Borrowers/Arrietty, where the dominant majority is large and life is harder if you're small. Here, most people are small, and being small means freedom to go where you will.

I've never been a great fan of wolves, but that ending was beautiful.

It's been good reading the comment threads every week and seeing people enjoying the show. I wish I could say "buy the manga," but while I remember reading a claim that English publication was coming, I've found no confirmation of that, there's nothing here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=19998 I really wanted to continue reading it in print form, but I guess I'll give it another year and then return to the scanlations if there's still no word.

I do know it's been published in French since 2013:
http://www.planetebd.com/manga/series/minuscule/10539.html
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minuscule_(manga)

EDIT MARCH 31 YEN PRESS ANNOUNCES ENGLISH MANGA RELEASE
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-31/yen-press-licenses-hakumei-and-mikochi-chio-school-road-manga-do-you-like-your-mom-light-novels/.129765
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/31-1/yen-press-announces-hakumei-and-mikochi-and-more-manga-licenses

For me this was a pretty satisfying adaptation - could have been better, could have been much worse. I agree with the criticisms in coenraed's review, but those aspects bothered me much less. On my scale the show would be an 8.5 or a 9, but I'm leaving it at 10 because of Koharu the moe beetle. Episode 7 was one of the greatest things I've seen in my life.
nDroaeApr 3, 2018 12:26 PM
Mar 30, 2018 7:26 AM

Apr 2016
The tiny adventure ends, will miss this one.

This was one of the best "Iyashikei" anime shows of the winter season.

... waiting for the special ...
Mar 30, 2018 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
And the adventure has ended. Got to see some backstory for Hakumei when she was part of a caravan. That wolf is huge. This was a pretty average show overall, nothing too amazing. The characters and atmosphere were nice. 5/10
Mar 30, 2018 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
I wanna pet Ryokubirou

Cute finale to a cute show
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 30, 2018 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Nice ending. Overall this was a pretty comfy show. 6/10
Mar 30, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
awww, it's over ;_;
I hope this gets a second season.
Mar 30, 2018 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
I liked this show better than Yuru Camp D;

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 30, 2018 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
Wasn't expecting this finale to beat the pure bliss that was the previous episode, and it didn't, but this was still a nice episode. Overall, a very solid, comfy show.
Mar 30, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
I liked this show. Maybe not the most exciting thing out there, but that's kind of the point lol. I'd watch more if we got it, for one thing I still want to see Hakumei and Mikochi's first meeting and how they ended up living together.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 30, 2018 6:23 PM

May 2015
Great finale, and an underrated show in my opinion. A real simple show that did its job and was entertaining to watch. Wouldn't mind another season.

8/10.

Mar 30, 2018 7:42 PM
Oct 2015
Zelev said:
I liked this show better than Yuru Camp D;

I liked em both. Two good underrated series that deserved more attention.
Mar 30, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2015
That's one good way to "sum" things up, in this final episode. A heartwarming reunion along with some party in the night.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 30, 2018 8:38 PM

Oct 2010
@Karmafan56 The reason for the comparison is that Yuru Camp has been very popular this season, both among western fans and in Japan. On MAL it's the #6 highest rated show of the season, #8 most watched, and currently ranked #183 of all anime on the site.

HakuMiko is #29 of the season by number of viewers, was rated low throughout the season, and after jumping from 7.16 to 7.44 yesterday, it's currently ranked #1827 of all anime on the site.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2018/winter

I'd say Yuru Camp has clearly better direction/presentation and art (since we're not talking about the HakuMiko manga), but where HakuMiko clinches it for me is the subject matter.
Mar 30, 2018 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
This was cute from begining to end, tho I would have loved to also watch how is that Hakumei and Mikochi ended living togheter.

Now I'm waiting for the OVA.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Mar 30, 2018 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
This show is way better than i expected and i just realized there are some underrated gem of this season just like this show.
9/10.
Mar 30, 2018 11:32 PM

Nov 2017
Aaaaa, so cute ~ My weekly need of cuteness, look at hakumei tears...oh poor baby :( i want to stop your tears. And i want to kiss hakumei and mikochi's cheek, uhehe.

Somehow i felt the animation dropped a little bit in this episode. But this ending is truly great. Personally i like the ending credit and before that credit. Those two show the trace of this tiny life adventure in simple yet clear manner.
Mar 31, 2018 12:08 AM

Jun 2008
I generally enjoyed the show when I was watching it, but almost every week I completely forgot about it until something else made me remember it. It had a few standout episodes, but on the whole it just wasn't very impactful. Oh well.
Mar 31, 2018 1:38 AM

Jan 2015
This was such a sweet, adorable and relaxing series... With such a beautiful and de-stressing OP. Really enjoyed it.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Mar 31, 2018 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
FINALLY SEE Some of that Hakumei Backstory. The Racoon dude was a whole lot of help, such a nice guy. Twas quite a wild first half, things calmed down a bit after and we got the feels. Hakumei's old Caravan was really nice, wish I could have seen a bit more of them, but this marks the end of Hakumei and Mikochi's tiny little life in the woods.

This was a nice little series, and a bit different from what I'm used to so it was quite refreshing. Final score from me is a 7/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 31, 2018 5:47 AM

Mar 2013
Such a fun and wonderful anime filled with wonderous things about its world. Really have quite a lot of fun watching this, though there is some parts that I dislike but nothing's perfect. Maybe I would consider reading the manga because I wanted to see more of the duo.
Mar 31, 2018 5:56 AM

Oct 2013
This rates a solid 8/10 for me. I'm a real sucker for "mundane" fantasy. Now epic fantasy, say LOTR, has it's great elements,but it's cool to be immersed in a world where the extraordinary is ordinary and things pass by without the need for detailed explanations.

It would be glorious to have another season of this show.
Mar 31, 2018 7:36 AM
Sep 2010
Seriously loved this show, just really hit a sweet spot for me, painful to see how underrated it’s going.
The yurucamp comparison is a bit odd but they were the most comfy series of the season I guess. Yurucamp was a good watch which I really enjoyed but just felt a little less special. ...also found it a bit ironic how it’s a show about camping but they still used there smart phones so frequently.

Would love another season of this show and I would kill for a English physical release of the manga... some of those panels are almost on a berserk level of detail.
Mar 31, 2018 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
A show that I had not seen for a long time, I refer to the characters, as regards their height. Nice to see once again a genre that I thought almost disappeared, but not only for that, because the story was relaxing and the characters very nice, moreover, the backgrounds were really well designed and not only them. The story has not been much deepened, but given the final sentence in the ending, I think we will see Hakumei and Mikochi again. Very nice the opening and the ending, the same for the soundtrack.

7.70 + 0.70/10
Mar 31, 2018 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
Can anyone tell how many chapters adapted in this serie?
Mar 31, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2008
Round of applause for a proper finale. I LOVED IT when they showed all of the characters celebrating and having a good time at the festival. I really thought that Hakumei was gonna miss them; glad Mikochi had the bright idea of using the last C4 brick to get the caravan's attention. I thought the first couple episodes were slow, but it really picked up mid season for me. I'm gonna miss it. Solid 7/10

Oh, and the little tidbit of the final ED where it shows Ryokubirou taking the hair Hakumei cut off and tying it to her braid made me go back a few minutes AND THERE'S THE RED HAIR ON HER BRAID. Bumped up to 7.1/10.
Mar 31, 2018 4:07 PM

Mar 2009
That was a cute ending. The final scene with the caravan and Ryokubirou was quite heartwarming.

Cute little slice-of-life anime. There were a few dull episodes here and there, sure, but overall a good show. My favorite episode is still the one about the beetle.
Mar 31, 2018 4:42 PM

Oct 2010
English manga publication announced today!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-31/yen-press-licenses-hakumei-and-mikochi-chio-school-road-manga-do-you-like-your-mom-light-novels/.129765

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/31-1/yen-press-announces-hakumei-and-mikochi-and-more-manga-licenses

Berserkerhealer said:

I really don't recommend skipping ahead in the manga, because it's fast to read (not much dialog) and the art is incredible. The anime would have pretty much needed to be like one of those American "motion comics" to do it justice. Also, the anime skips around and doesn't play them in the same order that they occur in the manga.

But if you really want to skip ahead, new stuff starts at 22. Chapters 8 and 21 will be adapted in the OVA:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37109/Hakumei_to_Mikochi__Neji_to_Bed_to_Irori_to_Bakuchi

I haven't read this far, but I checked and episode 7 was adapted partly from chapter 33.
nDroaeApr 3, 2018 12:27 PM
Mar 31, 2018 6:49 PM

Jul 2010
nDroae said:
English manga publication announced today!

Berserkerhealer said:

I really don't recommend skipping ahead in the manga, because it's fast to read (not much dialog) and the art is incredible. The anime would have pretty much needed to be like one of those American "motion comics" to do it justice. Also, the anime skips around and doesn't play them in the same order that they occur in the manga.

But if you really want to skip ahead, new stuff starts at 22. Chapters 8 and 21 will be adapted in the OVA:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37109/Hakumei_to_Mikochi__Neji_to_Bed_to_Irori_to_Bakuchi

I haven't read this far, but I checked and episode 8 was adapted partly from chapter 33.

Thanks a lot . I will read all from beginning :)
Mar 31, 2018 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
@Berserkerhealer Great :)

And to make this post a post, here's the bit I cut out of what I wrote yesterday morning:

Ha, that explosion won't help negate the notion of resemblance to Girls' Last Tour. Almost felt like they were putting on an act to get a ride to the ropeway, but I guess they're too honest to do that. (Unless they're dealing with someone who deserves to be taken advantage of, which is not the case here)
Mar 31, 2018 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
This was quite the charming show. I have to say the end result is much better than I expected and it should be experienced by SoL fans.
Apr 1, 2018 3:12 PM
Mar 2018
i love all the caps. it was a purifiying anime
Apr 1, 2018 3:55 PM

Mar 2018
A great SoL anime, I liked Yuru Camp better but I'm also sad this anime passed under the table, it was a nice and relaxing show overall and it has some usual things and some different ones or done differently because they're (a kind of) pixies. Will be waiting for the OVA to enjoy some more of Hakumei and Mikochi, hope they show how they met :3. 08/10 from me.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 2, 2018 12:46 AM
Mar 2012
Kinda like Amanchuu for me, gorgeous art, pleasant music, relaxing pace, but characters & events that feel boring. A few characters like Iwashi, barber, Konju & Koharu maybe are quite interesting, and there are quite a lot of world building & event details (so not really slow pace at all) but most of these didn't click with me & can't really explain why... Later half had more funny moments I really quite liked since those characters mentioned appeared more.
With lots of animals it seems easy to love them but somehow none are as cute as irl even (partly since most act as husky stone workers or silent transporters).
I'm not sure if Lerche could've done any better, since technically it really is good quality, but almost feels like these travels/stories need a complete rewrite.
Apr 2, 2018 8:05 AM

Jun 2016
So, it says 'SEE YOU AGAIN', does it mean there'll be a 2nd season? Holy shit. Yes, pleaaaase. I love this show so much. And when it ended, I had a biggest smile on my face like what Yuru Camp and Mitsuboshi Colors did to me. Huhu.

This fucking show is as heartwarming as those two anime. Fucking loved it.

9/10. <3

P.S. Nice to know about Hakumei's life before she met Mikochi. Such a great way to end this anime. Huhu.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 2, 2018 9:26 AM

Mar 2010
I am going to miss my weekly dose of alcoholic midgets. :"(

Apr 2, 2018 9:27 PM

Oct 2016
Among the best animes of the season

8/10
My Candies: - - - - -
Extra:
Apr 3, 2018 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
I'm gonna miss the show. Winter season this year has so many great slice of life shows
Apr 3, 2018 12:16 PM

Oct 2010
deadman80 said:

Maybe, though seinen iyashikei shows are mainly targeted at working adults who don't have kids. My guess would be that the main problem was simply people being bored by this and charmed by Yuru Camp.

The alcohol should be less of a problem for British families - I once read one of the original Mary Poppins books that had the boy being allowed to try some Port, and my cousins were allowed to sample alcohol from around age 10. C.S. Lewis put Bacchus, god of wine, in one of the Narnia books. http://cslewis.drzeus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
Apr 3, 2018 8:37 PM

Jul 2016
Great finale I must say! Honestly I was waiting for an episode focused on Hakumei's past and how she met Mikochi... well at least I got half I wanted xD I will still waiting for and "How I met Mikochi" episode tho.

Overall, it was a great show and every single episode was interesting in their own way. I never felt boring watching them. It's also nice that there will be another special ep. I will be waiting for it :D 8/10
Apr 4, 2018 6:06 AM

May 2017
I didn't expect Hakumei can be this hot, red messy long hair ftw

7/10
Apr 6, 2018 2:44 PM

Sep 2017
While the show gets a little too quiet and slow simetimes, this was a pretty good experience that helped me forget about all the stress I'm having at the Uni. Really liked the setting and character interactions.

7/10
Apr 7, 2018 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
Gonna miss this!
It was nice to see how Hakumei made her old friends look to her using a bomb! hehe
Apr 8, 2018 3:18 PM

Feb 2007
Homemade explosives? Well, I'm impressed.

The old road looks nice.

For fun and profit! Excellent reason for anything. :D

They sure found a helpful friend there, taking them even farther than agreed when needed. ^_^

Nice to earn more about Hakumei's past as well.

Almost missed the caravan because they were looking in the wrong direction... :D

Well, everything worked out well in the end, even with a bit of an accident there.
Apr 9, 2018 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
d'awww is over, the cute, laid back, relaxed easy going show, hope there's any chance of S2 continuation!
how convenient having 2 pcs. of home made explosives!
4/5.
7/10.

Apr 11, 2018 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
Interesting finale, used the inchling factor very well.

I think I enjoyed this a bit better than Flying Witch. Loved the atmosphere, got better towards the end. 6-7/10
May 6, 2018 4:41 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was a very enjoyable ending! Really loved it, and as well the whole series! Quite a cute, very lovely and just beautiful anime in general!
May 21, 2018 6:28 AM
Sep 2009
The monkey throwing the firecracker was funny in the manga -- and hilarious in the anime!

Pretty smart way to use the festival to tie in all the characters met in the series, and the ED scene of sitting in the tree to the kite (sp?) seen all the way in ep 1 (or was it 2??). I *think* the continuity in the anime is stronger than in the manga...?
Dec 23, 2018 3:38 PM

Nov 2013
That was a nice way to end the series. Loved Hakumei with long hair.

The badger was a real buddy. Hakumei and explosives.

You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

135 by WhiteRoseTimmy »»
Aug 8, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2018

43 by James_xeno »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

39 by James_xeno »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:32 PM

» Anticipation thread

HappyMN - Aug 6, 2017

37 by gprime70 »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

29 by SuperAdventure »»
Oct 25, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.