3It was OK
12.1%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.4
99 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah some familiar faces this episode..
I think the finale did justice well with the amount of action and also Kikko playing a prominent role.

Got a climatic feeling about the final battle. Jirou getting attacked by the Bio Destroyer definitely made an impact. Satomi's powers are also quite something as well. I wish this show got another episode though but I suppose this was a decent wrap up. 7/10.
Jun 17, 2016 7:34 AM
Apr 2016
Well... I guess it is alright. Everyone is happy in the end though no rest for the Jiro.
Re:formed
Jun 17, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2015
Everyone's in rage mode. Also Jiro forget to mention about one more of that "mere" thing. "Mere fighting scene".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 17, 2016 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
Thought of awile, i really don't know what to say. There is many things i want to say but unable to write it out. I believe the series is good, especially the last episode giving mixed feelings.

Jiro last give? Kikko's name called by Jiro, Emi last hug(poor her thou) with Jiro and Jiro final epic quote used by other superhuman. I must say Jiro last quote really fit the anime.

Jun 17, 2016 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
I very much enjoyed the final episode to concrete, it was way less wtf as i expected(i was expecting jirou to die and then the world to get reset to our world), i really enjoyed it but i do feel like there were a couple big reveals that came way too late in regards to satomi and i cant shake the feeling that the show would of benefited greatly from being 26 episodes rather than 24. Still i think this is one of the most underrated shows in a very long time and despite some much deserved criticsm in terms of its jumping around confusingly at times it still really has a level of detail and scale to it that not many anime have pulled off so its a shame to see it leave people at a loss.

also that final fight was a sakugafest

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 17, 2016 8:53 AM

Sep 2015
Seeing the last picture in the ed song , i can believe it happens in the future? I want to believe it is. Well, Kikko and Fuurota conversation did say last amount of aliens are coming, it fits the last picture. Means Jiro, Emi and the others will come back again.
Jun 17, 2016 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good end!

I hope Jiro and the other superhumans will come back again someday!
Jun 17, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
I dont like how Satomi turned out the be the Nagasaki bomb; I thought from season 1 we were already supposed to imply that was Jin. But nonetheless, I highly enjoyed the battle between Jiro and Satomi; that was very well played out.

The scenes prior to the final battle: I liked the Jiro vs RexFE scene; but the previous fighting scene was kinda bad. All the random beasts and superhumans we've never seen before were poorly done.

So Emi and all the beasts go to the alternate universe where the 2 nuclear bombs actually detonated... why is this supposed to be a good idea? If one world where superhumans exist cannot tolerate beasts, what makes you think a world where superhumans do not exist will accept beasts?

Anyway; overall I was satisfied with the ending. However I enjoyed season 1 more as a whole; so 9/10
Jun 17, 2016 10:25 AM
Jun 2016
The show describes Satomi's origin as "A meteor huge enough to wipe out an entire nation" so I don't believe they're referring to Nagasaki.
Jun 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
I dont like how Satomi turned out the be the Nagasaki bomb

He's not. He mentions that he is the product of a massive meteor impact, likely the Tunguska event that happened in Siberia in 1908.
Jun 17, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2015
bruh those last few seconds saved me from feeling sad the rest of the day
Jun 17, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
So Emi permanently loses the eye she borrowed/gave the sightless youkais I see.
This show is kind of messed up in it's story telling but it was really fun to watch. I honestly couldn't tell if Satomi was on the side of good or bad until this episode, probably not even now.

Maybe I missed something but if he is also a superhuman, then why eradicate superhumans? So that humans would forget about them and not melt him down for energy someday? Him being teleported into the biodestroyer was rather satisfying though.

Jiro's last declaration was great.
In the end I hope Emi's group finds peace and safety on the other side of the portal.
Maybe that's what Atlantis is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
Nice ending wrapping up some interrogations, delivering a dynamic "final fight" (between Hiroshima's child of the atom and Tunguska's child of meteor) and a shining future to its characters. Well I suppose so, because I didn't fully understand the reason for the Yôkai to to have a chance to live a better life in the parrallel world (our world?) where I suppose no yôkai, monster or spirit lives (in other words, this will eventually lead to simply move the conflict to this dimension). I appreciated to see Jiro being equal to himself despite/thanks to all he experienced until now.
And of course those vanished super-humans and monsters of all sorts gave birth to the same subculture real Japan developed during its post WW2 phase.

I liked that scene:

4.5/5

wmandersonjr said:

He's not. He mentions that he is the product of a massive meteor impact, likely the Tunguska event that happened in Siberia in 1908.

That was actually my immediate thought. Should we understand this impact as something else than the Tunguska incident?

A few more storyline episodes (let's say 2 to reach a 26eps count) would have made the second half of the series even better, but the various episodes explored so much situations that they made up for this lack. The series concept around Japan's recent history and the graphical aspect were really great.
7.5/10 (rounded up to 8 as a whole) It might become a definitive 8 or a simple 7 after I rewatched it correctly (= not with 3months pause) if the DVDs box ever hits France (at a regular french price).

May 20, 2018
PS: it's terrible to see how little followers this series had (I know it had some slight problems, but only in the second half). While the multiple adaptations grounded in their very common styles and/or stories are what makes "this season's success".

@Tevens One might think the outer-space attack could refer to the new "threats" who came after the Cold War?
Rei_IIIJul 31, 2020 12:33 PM
Jun 17, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
That was a nice ending i guess.

Overall it was good show, with kind of an interesting story and maybe some deep concepts. im glad i watched it :) 8/10

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJun 17, 2016 6:45 PM
Jun 17, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Going to have to go through a bunch of forum posts to figure out all the historical/cultural connections in this show. Possibly rewatching both cours soon? Even if I don't (yet) fully comprehend everything that went on these past 24 episodes, Concrete Revolutio was the single most ambitious show I have ever seen, and the fact of the matter is that I absolutely adore it. I've been looking forward (and dreading) this finale for weeks, and finally watching it after months of sticking with this beast of a show has left me feeling both empty and wholeheartedly content. There's a sequel hook at the end of the episode, and while I'm definitely up for more ConRevo, it's absolutely fine the way it is.

10/10. I can't give it anything less.

(Oh, and this show is full of great screenshots with tons of food for thought, but the funniest one I managed to take was in this episode:
)
Jun 17, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2015
a pretty good finale imo. it's unexpected for me that most of the superhumans and yokai and even that yokai girl went to the other side of the world and intead Kikko and Furrota stayed. and there are some of the superhumans who stayed too. i kinda sad that they didn't show what happen on the other side of the world after all of them went throught it. it feels like when i was watching Shakugan no Shana, the final episode of the thrid season.

i didn't expect that Jiro would died too, but i didn't get suprised about it.
on the other side, the fight looked awsome imo especially on the animation xD

in the end, they said there are many alien space ship coming to earth according to Devila and Devilo ?! another season probably ? another war ? now it's about alien ? XD i kinda want to know what will happen afterwards but i guess this is really the end for Concrete Revolution series.

a really good sequel but i didn't enjoy it as much as i enjoy the first season. 8/10
Jun 17, 2016 2:33 PM

Aug 2014
Tevens said:
a pretty good finale imo. it's unexpected for me that most of the superhumans and yokai and even that yokai girl went to the other side of the world and intead Kikko and Furrota stayed. and there are some of the superhumans who stayed too. i kinda sad that they didn't show what happen on the other side of the world after all of them went throught it. it feels like when i was watching Shakugan no Shana, the final episode of the thrid season.

in the end, they said there are many alien space ship coming to earth according to Devila and Devilo ?! another season probably ? another war ? now it's about alien ? XD i kinda want to know what will happen afterwards but i guess this is really the end for Concrete Revolution series.

a really good sequel but i didn't enjoy it as much as i enjoy the first season. 8/10

I mean the end card was mostly meant to be a joke but yes they did go onto fight the aliens and probably win XD.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 17, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2015
black1blade said:
Tevens said:

I mean the end card was mostly meant to be a joke but yes they did go onto fight the aliens and probably win XD.

i thought there might be more interesting and complicated plot and reference in that war xD so i kinda want to know what would happen if they continue the story xD
Jun 17, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
Tevens said:
black1blade said:

i thought there might be more interesting and complicated plot and reference in that war xD so i kinda want to know what would happen if they continue the story xD

Aliens come and the superhumans protect the people, probably without them knowing and the cycle continues XD.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 17, 2016 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
I quite enjoyed this anime. I felt that separately, neither was amazing, but when considering the two seasons together I was very impressed with this anime. I enjoyed the themes it explored such as morality and the thin line between good and evil.

Overall this was a fun ride and while I can see how some didn't enjoy it and its nonlinear storyline, I think the narrative flow and the jumping to different points in time helped to make the story more intriguing and interesting, so I really liked what they did with this series.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 17, 2016 4:23 PM

Feb 2012
That was basically Geass's ending if Geass's ending was actually good.

Also, I don't understand the time-jumping complaints. Most of you guys wouldn't say the same complaints for Baccano.
FlawfinderJun 17, 2016 4:32 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 17, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2013
that was a satisfying ending (sort of) though mostly sad. So a majority of super humans left there world in favor of the new one and super humans are now seen as nothing more than myth's or legends (even though there are still a few super humans who stayed behind). So apparently there's going to be an alien invasion so does that mean a possible season 3 or a movie?

it's a shame to what happened to a lot of the super humans and it felt like they didn't really find a solution. I'm actually glad that michiko is pretty much profiting from the fame (even though that's not the word I want to use) of super humans while at the same time making sure that no one forget's about them (even though it seems that a majority of the population has forgotten about them).

I hope jiro returns someday and that this series get's a sequel/continuation because I truly enjoy watching this.
Jun 17, 2016 4:43 PM
Mar 2013
Partyu said:
Going to have to go through a bunch of forum posts to figure out all the historical/cultural connections in this show. Possibly rewatching both cours soon? Even if I don't (yet) fully comprehend everything that went on these past 24 episodes, Concrete Revolutio was the single most ambitious show I have ever seen, and the fact of the matter is that I absolutely adore it. I've been looking forward (and dreading) this finale for weeks, and finally watching it after months of sticking with this beast of a show has left me feeling both empty and wholeheartedly content. There's a sequel hook at the end of the episode, and while I'm definitely up for more ConRevo, it's absolutely fine the way it is.

10/10. I can't give it anything less.

(Oh, and this show is full of great screenshots with tons of food for thought, but the funniest one I managed to take was in this episode:
)

You could check this out then ;)
Jun 17, 2016 5:27 PM

Jun 2012
Not a bad way to end it, felt abrupt as fuck tho.
2/10
Jun 17, 2016 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
This feel unsatisfying, was hoping for an Emi Jiro happy ending. They could have at least shown the other world....whatever I'm probably not even going to remember this by next week.
Jun 17, 2016 7:45 PM

Jan 2011
never really expected a happy ending with the way things were going despite it feeling a bit rushed i think it was a decent ending ,some hints of a chance of a movie maybe? .

torn between a 7 and a 8 ConcreteRevo had some interesting moments while if you try to dig deeper in comprehending all of it there's a lot of it you can take in
Jun 17, 2016 7:51 PM
Oct 2010
I wouldn't mind an OVA or movie having them fight aliens. And an appearance of Jiro as Godzilla.
Jun 17, 2016 8:51 PM

Oct 2011
what an ending....speechless
Jun 17, 2016 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
This pretty much had everything. I'd say I'm satisfied overall, even if it lost steam after the first 4-5 episodes built a lot of hype. Definitely could have used another episode, but it was well executed nonetheless. Kikko <3
Jun 17, 2016 9:33 PM
Aug 2014
I really liked this series 9/10.
Jun 18, 2016 12:17 AM
Jan 2013
It was very good ending but....
what happened to Satomi? he got punched then he got ignored though we knew that he was still conscious
Jun 18, 2016 12:27 AM

Aug 2013
Those last two episodes were a fucking wild ride.

Satomi, who is like the Hitler for non-humans, creates a propaganda movie that gets everyone to hate superhumans, youkai, and Jiro's group. Turns out it was all true despite being seen as propaganda. This movie 1: basically creates uniform hatred for superhumans, who were already plenty hated, and 2: creates uniform hatred for Jiro by superhumans most of whom idolized Rainbow Knight.

On top of this, Satomi was working with Master Ultima (who was basically also Hitler) to create the island device which was using Youkai and Beasts as fuel by burning them in bio-destroyer till like 99% death, then letting regenerate and killing them again; creating a pseudo-nuclear energy through molecular division and whatnot.

Jiro, being shunned by most everybody, and then seeing what humans have done to superhumans and youkai with this new device, joins up with Emi. He then goes to war basically because 1: what humans did to the youkai and superhumans is super fucked up and he's pissed about it, and 2: he's essentially pulling a Code Geass on the superhumans. Getting them all to hate him and unite to fight him like they did in the glory days puts superhumans back in favorable light.

When all is said and done, some of the superhumans see the fucked up stuff that was going to happen and the youkai already know. Satomi squares off against Jiro, and we learn he has similar powers to him; though Satomi's through a meteor, and Jiro through the A-bomb. Satomi essentially wins, getting the bio destroyer into Jiro's arm. His body gets destroyed and he basically becomes corporeal as the invisible beast and vanishes. Satomi's body is destroyed as he becomes they key to opening the gate to the other world.

The parallel world is essentially a fictional version of our world, where instead of the A-bomb dropping and super humans existing, everyone is just a human, and humanity discovered nuclear energy and (allegedly) the world is at peace because they all now have unlimited free energy and aren't fighting over energy resources. So Emi, Ullr, as well as most of the Youkai and Superhumans, leave on the Ultima device through the portal to the other world. Meanwhile Jaguar who has flip-flopped a hundred times ended as a good guy / time criminal and created a sort of causality that got him teleported back to his time.

This leaves Kikko, Furrouta, and a small handful of superhumans left. The devila siblings are in outer space. Judas was still around and repairing Earth-chan. Jiro's dad somehow hasn't aged a bit, and is working on repairing Raito and Megasshin. And there are probably small groups of others who went unmentioned, but I think most of the superhumans, especially the notable ones from both cours, crossed the gate. Otonashi became a TV actor and Michiko is running a non-corrupt agency now.

And we get teased a bit at the end with Furrouta mentioning the impending alien attack, and the shadow of Jiro's beast...now Jiro himself.

I do feel kind of bad for Emi at the end. For pretty much all of the first cour, and most of this cour, I considered her the villain. She was basically just trying to make Jiro her possession and didn't care about anything else. Most of her time at the Bureau she didn't seem to care one way or the other about the mission because it wasn't about Jiro. She didn't take Jiro being defiant seriously because she just considered him a kid that would eventually be forced to come back to her one day.

But at the end, you see that her and Jiro did in fact care for each other, and that he was ok with the promise they made to each other. He also didn't take her shit either, because he already had said in the first cour that he wasn't just going to listen to everything she said. She's already permanently missing and eye for giving Youkai the ability to see things, and then Jiro ends up apologizing for breaking all of his promises. His promise to love her forever, which he sort of broke with Kikko, his promise to never see Kikko again, and then his last promise to travel to the other world with her.

It basically left her with nothing as she travelled to the other world, and you could kind of feel it. You had the youkai and stuff standing there who were all waiting for freedom, and all of the superhumans who were going to get away from politics and to find peace. But then you have Emi just standing there. She didn't look accomplished or happy. She was irritated when Ullr latched onto her. She didn't look at peace or relieved to be leading everyone to the other side. She just looked...incredibly empty. Although the freeing of everyone is a major accomplishment, the only part of that plan that really mattered was Jiro, and she couldn't get that.

It was kind of the same way for Kikko and Furrouta too. When they run into each other in the street. They're both relatively melancholy in this point in time, and they're both happy to see each other, but it's a bittersweet smile. It's obviously not the same without Jiro there. Though Furrouta being sad about only a few kids seeing him anymore, but the one kid from the first cour seeing him after he was grownup was a nice touch. I like how Kikko reinforced the idea of Jiro being gone, but his presence still being around, and that he'd show up when someone needed him one day.

I was a little bit disappointed with the middle of this second cour. It started out with a bang; Jiro getting his locks replaced with akita and the fumers, the chick from the band hearing about Rainbow Knight and becoming Platinum Knight. All of the fighting and stuff in the beginning and Raito killing that dude and becoming his own person. But a lot of the shit in the middle fizzled and was basically "moral argument of the week involving Jiro vs the Bureau". It was just a weekly dose of some superhuman in trouble and 2 parties took different moral approaches on how to handle it. And it didn't really pick up again until the whole Claude helmet incident. Which isn't good when it only had 11 episodes. BUT, the beginning and the end were extremely awesome and made up for some of the lackluster middle content.

This is easily a 9/10 for me. Was exceptionally well done for an anime original, which is a fucking unicorn rarity nowadays.

ajalcabasa said:
I wouldn't mind an OVA or movie having them fight aliens. And an appearance of Jiro as Godzilla.

I would absolutely be ok with that. I don't think it would happen though. Japan wasn't too thrilled with a show that kind of shit on their country's history every week, so it didn't get the greatest reception. Plus I think they ended it in a way to wrap up the story. That last couple seconds was just a light teaser. I think Bones is happy where they stopped.

That being said, a movie or any kind of continuation would be cool. The only drawback is the lack of characters now. Emi, and 97% of the youkai and superhumans are in the other world now. Only Kikko, Furrouta, Judas, Daitetsu (with no mech) and a damaged Earth-chan, Raito and Megasshin are confirmed to still be left.
So any kind of movie or follow-up would be less diverse in cast, with probably no chance of Emi or anyone from the gate reappearing, and I'm sure Jiro's time in said movie would be very brief, probably like 10 minutes of screen time to save the day and then he leaves.
It's also not unrealistic that a third season could be done. It's not like wars and politics stopped after WWII. But again, lack of a cast to work with.

It's alright though, the series is fine as is. One of these days it'll become an underrated classic.
Jun 18, 2016 12:51 AM

Jan 2011
It never quite managed to get to the levels I hoped it would, but it was still quite good, a quality consistent with the first cour. Really could have used some more episodes to even everything out. Despite the build up throughout the entire series run everything still felt quite abrupt at the end there.
ReaperCreeperJun 18, 2016 12:55 AM
Jun 18, 2016 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
I knew it! Jiro hoped to achieve something by going wild. Going wild like that wasn't his justice. He wanted to at least help out someone and make up for his screw up. He wanted to make Kikko the heroine and have her defeat the menace, Jiro, so that she would be a true superhuman of justice in everyone's eyes. He couldn't become the superhuman of justice he so wanted to be, so he wanted Kikko to become that superhuman because she had potential. Kikko obviously didn't like that idea, neither did Emi.

Jaguar was pretty cool there. He had all those robots brought back in time but since they weren't from this time, they all vanished. The timing was such that they vanished when Satomi came face to face with Jiro. Jaguar wasn't completely on Satomi's side and he supported Jiro throughout.

Satomi turned out to be the other atomic bomb the US dropped on Japan. Instead of having his powers used for experiments on beasts and stuff like Jiro, he used his powers for himself. His problem is that superhumans shouldn't even exist in the first place. To think that when anyone calls for help a superhuman will show up is stupid and childish. Reality isn't like that at all. And Satomi wants things to go back to reality where superhumans won't come when a kid calls out for help. Jiro believes that this isn't just a child's dream – it's kinda like what the world needs. It's like when the world doesn't get justice normally, people look for abnormal ways for justice, that is they look for superhumans. Satomi thinks that's stupid while Jiro disagrees. The end of their fight is a victory for justice as the evil, Satomi, is defeated. The aftermath shows superhumans kinda like in hiding as they are no longer needed after their victory. People don't know about the existence of superhumans anymore and don't need them anymore and they've turned into fictional characters only seen in movies and mangas.

This was quite the show. The themes about justice and stuff were greatly done. It had somewhat fillerish episodes in the middle where they only focused on themes and not the main story at hand. Had those episodes been lesser in number there would have been more time for a much better finale.
Jun 18, 2016 6:06 AM

Aug 2015
Thought it was a nice finale. I liked the first season more though.
Jun 18, 2016 6:42 AM
Oct 2013
last episode and im still not entirely sure wtf was going on but i cant say im not happy with the end. for a weird ass show they did well in tying up loose ends. that one dude though being a meteor baby felt like an ass pull. like who are you and why are you even doinng all this? but i guess it was just a way to show how similar individuals can choose different paths? maybe? idk good show but not my cup of chocolate milk 6/10
Jun 19, 2016 12:59 AM

Jan 2008
This is so under-rated, but so good. Loved the music and the art. The character designs were so classic to me (which is what happen when your old, lol), it felt nostalgic and new at the same time.

The ending made sense to me, since super-humans and beasts were like an aberration, they went back to the being dreams and stories. Society tends to re-write or completely forget history so that made sense to me.

Loved Jiro, that conflicted emo fool, but as a being formed from so much potential energy I can't see him dissipating any time soon.
Jun 19, 2016 3:07 PM
Nov 2012
Found the 2nd season to be a bit underwhelming, felt like some of the episodes were fillers and things did not pick up till a couple of episode to the end.
Jun 19, 2016 3:30 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm. I can't really say I liked that end. On top of that there are quite a few open strings in this story. I think the thing I disliked the most was the fact that the bureau never got back together after the end of the first season. Really was hoping for that. But it seems this wasn't that kind of story.

All in all it was fine though. I liked the art since the first season and that didn't change. The story was more or less interesting even though I thought this whole "Jiro is evil"-thing was kinda stupid(and that thing with the meteor babies was kinda weird, too). But I can't deny that I enjoyed the first season a whole lot more.
Jun 19, 2016 8:24 PM

Jan 2014
That was wild. So the huge Civil War I expected was cut short pretty quick. It wasn't meant to be much of a focus but still.

So basically Jiro cared enough for Kikko and loathed himself enough to attempt to get himself killed. Emi vs Kikko is something I saw coming from a mile and Emi would have lost if Jiro didn't interfere. This pleases my eyes since ultimately I always found Kikko to be the better of the two and Emi doing a handful of awful things to her.

The rest of the superhumans team up and have revelations and conclusions of their own. Jaguar basically erases himself and his creations to disarm Satomi and unexpectedly so the guy is pretty darn powerful himself. He always struck me as a villain but his motivations were never clear until now, where he shows his total cynicism. A real foil for Jiro who is all about the ideal of justice, and considering their similarities a more than adequate "evil" for Jiro to finally face and beat.

He loses his body but he is still there and likely gonna "revive" whenever the aliens are gonna come. Sad that Kikko was left "alone" so to speak, but she and others will manage, specially those that are being repaired.

Kinda weird that people kinda forgot about superhumans and purely see them as an idea of justice rather than something that existed TWO years ago. Oh well.
Jun 20, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
As a whole, I give ConRev an 8. It got an interesting concept n story telling. For 2nd cour alone I give it 7. It's not as good as season 1. Too many loose episodes and the execution of season 1 is just better.

Season 1 got episodes that focus on significant characters, n foreshadow interesting future timeline. It got Kaiju episodes, with conspiracy of creating more Kaiju to promote superhumans, and we got to see how people view the existence of Kaiju. Earth-chan episode really question the true justice since she grants all kinds of wishes, and the chemistry with Judas in that episode was great. Immortal family episode was good too, the scene where they walk into the bio destroyer was awesome. Claude's arc really question justice n superhuman. In short, almost all episode of season 2 can't top episodes of season 1.

Season 2's loose (stand alone) episodes felt bland and it feels like a newcharacter appears and the jiro faction n bureau get into the mess n spouting nonsense justice. Justice talk in season 1 was executed better imo. Good points in season 2 can only be found in first 2 episodes and few last episodes.
JJHRTDJun 20, 2016 5:27 AM
Jun 22, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2009
Last episode, huh - a pretty satisfying ending. Nothing too dramatic yet not lame either. Gotta say that 51st of Shinka Era ended up being quite minimal, even though there we some things that weren't shown. I keep getting bothered by the question how and when did Emi lose her eye lol

First season was better. This second wasn't bad, but it felt lacking compared to the first one. Overall the show was pretty good, it was interesting to watch. The dialogue was better in the first season imo.

Visuals and music throughout the series were to my liking though! Very good.
Jun 23, 2016 8:38 AM
Oct 2015
clearly an anime for veteran,dont watch if u are for casual anime,u will feel boring.
Jun 23, 2016 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
hmmm, I'm kinda torn right now.

I liked Jiro's end, I like the series concept and the characters.

But the story telling here is just too crappy. This series isn't hard to follow because it's complex or because of the time jumps. The story telling is confusing, they don't give a lot of time for the plots to develop and so on.

I mean, the fact that Satomi is a super human is revealed right in the last episode JUST when you need the main villain to trade punches with Jiro. What about the asspull of all super humans regenerating after the bio destroyer?

Not to mention some obvious plot holes:

1 - If Jiro would loose his form without the fumers, how the hell did he get a form before he fused with the fumers?

2 - How can even super humans that don't have regenaration powers regenerate after the bio destroyer? If they can regenerate after being reduced to bits, how did the beasts, who had Jiro's blood die? And how did other super humans die?

3 - Kikko is one candidate as queen of makai. Why is she not considered a youkai? Also, her origin gets totally forgotten and no consequences happen from her evil side. And no makai beings show up, which is strange.

4 - Jaguar showing up again after becoming a criminal wasn't elaborated

5 - What the hell was with that plan of the youkais? What guarantees they have that the other world will welcome them? Why not stay and fight or even pull a Devila? Or stayn in Devila's underground? Or go to Makai? Just deliberately jumping into another world that they don't know nothing about is absurd.

6 - Psy kicker keeps showing up, but never really gets enough screen time for us to understand what the hell he's doing and to flesh him out.

7 - Why would the ski jump team who was helped by a god/youkai join the youkai hunt?

8 - I understand Teito's propaganda could make people not trust Jirou, but why suddenly other super humans became turstworthy. And why many of the non monster ones would be ok with using youkai as batteries just because they want to stop Jiro?

9 - Why was it ok for the human looking ones to remain and not the youkai? Just because they can hide? But Emi and Koma can too. And youkai had spent centuries living among humans...

Well, that's what I can quickly remember. I like CR, but the show could really have been far greater with better storyboarding and directing. And that's what makes my feelings split. I like it and the ideas are good, but the execution is very poor.
Jun 26, 2016 8:38 PM

Dec 2015
Maybe need to re-watch this in its entirety but the story telling wasn't for me. Not that I need a linear storyline to enjoy a show but this just seem like a crappy job. The concepts and ideas it brought up where interesting enough for me to keep watching but overall I give it a 6/10.
Jun 30, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
Heck, just like the previous season, Somehow I can't understand what's going on.
Well, I guess I'll just re-watch this when I got free time. If I will ever get one
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 6 (or up to 8?) score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 1, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
As convoluted and complicated as this series was, it was enjoyable nonetheless. It's about justice!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2016 2:19 AM

Nov 2015
Good end! I hope Jiro and the other superhumans come back again someday. 7/10. Good show.

Jul 4, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 2008
m4rc0 said:

But the story telling here is just too crappy. This series isn't hard to follow because it's complex or because of the time jumps. The story telling is confusing, they don't give a lot of time for the plots to develop and so on.

I mean, the fact that Satomi is a super human is revealed right in the last episode JUST when you need the main villain to trade punches with Jiro. What about the asspull of all super humans regenerating after the bio destroyer?

1 - If Jiro would loose his form without the fumers, how the hell did he get a form before he fused with the fumers?

2 - How can even super humans that don't have regenaration powers regenerate after the bio destroyer? If they can regenerate after being reduced to bits, how did the beasts, who had Jiro's blood die? And how did other super humans die?

3 - Kikko is one candidate as queen of makai. Why is she not considered a youkai? Also, her origin gets totally forgotten and no consequences happen from her evil side. And no makai beings show up, which is strange.

5 - What the hell was with that plan of the youkais? What guarantees they have that the other world will welcome them? Why not stay and fight or even pull a Devila? Or stayn in Devila's underground? Or go to Makai? Just deliberately jumping into another world that they don't know nothing about is absurd.

6 - Psy kicker keeps showing up, but never really gets enough screen time for us to understand what the hell he's doing and to flesh him out.

7 - Why would the ski jump team who was helped by a god/youkai join the youkai hunt?

8 - I understand Teito's propaganda could make people not trust Jirou, but why suddenly other super humans became turstworthy. And why many of the non monster ones would be ok with using youkai as batteries just because they want to stop Jiro?

9 - Why was it ok for the human looking ones to remain and not the youkai? Just because they can hide? But Emi and Koma can too. And youkai had spent centuries living among humans...

Well, that's what I can quickly remember. I like CR, but the show could really have been far greater with better storyboarding and directing. And that's what makes my feelings split. I like it and the ideas are good, but the execution is very poor.

I don't really remember, but the destroyer is for 'youkai' type superhuman. youkai can keep existing so it can become infinite source energy.

1. Emi maintained his body, it's showed multiple times on first season. Emi was really sure he will come back to her if one day his power get berserk.
2. Youkai is different from living beings. They're not living beings. The blood need to be injected continuously for the beast to regenerate, remember that giant girl? Other superhumans die normally, remember that giant girl killed many superhumans?
3. I think it was explained in first season, I don't really remember
4. I don't understand what you meant
5. They need to escape because they're already hated in the current world. Either become energy source or escape
6. no comment
7. Because everyone else does..
8. Because they have one common enemy, people will unite if there's one common enemy. That's the movie propaganda for.
9. Read above answers, youkai and beasts are threated as enemies

The thing I don't like about this anime is the episode keeps jumping front and back too much. Makes me need to remember a lot of things. It would be better if it's like durarara.
Jul 4, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
LeonLanford said:
m4rc0 said:

I don't really remember, but the destroyer is for 'youkai' type superhuman. youkai can keep existing so it can become infinite source energy.

1. Emi maintained his body, it's showed multiple times on first season. Emi was really sure he will come back to her if one day his power get berserk.
2. Youkai is different from living beings. They're not living beings. The blood need to be injected continuously for the beast to regenerate, remember that giant girl? Other superhumans die normally, remember that giant girl killed many superhumans?
3. I think it was explained in first season, I don't really remember
4. I don't understand what you meant
5. They need to escape because they're already hated in the current world. Either become energy source or escape
6. no comment
7. Because everyone else does..
8. Because they have one common enemy, people will unite if there's one common enemy. That's the movie propaganda for.
9. Read above answers, youkai and beasts are threated as enemies

The thing I don't like about this anime is the episode keeps jumping front and back too much. Makes me need to remember a lot of things. It would be better if it's like durarara.

1- Emi wasn't there when he was born. How the hell, di he become the baby in the 1st place?

2 - Sorry but that wasn't elaborated before in the series at all. If you're correct, it's just a last minute ass pull. The imortal family survived because they're immortal and always regenerate, but normal youkai didn't show that until that point. AND the show didn't specify youkai, meaning other superhuman could be used as batteries, like the Teito guy was in the end, or Jirou, who certainly were not youkai.

3 - It wasn't. It was said she was from makai and... that's it. All that plot went ignored in the 2nd season

4 - Jaguar was back at the end as a time criminal.

5 - What guarantees that they won't be hated as much in the new world? Why not stay and fight until peace is found or go to space like Devila? Makes no sense.

7 - Seriously? Sorry, for me that's a big problem. They are spostsmen, not fighters in the 1st place. If there was any reason it should've been shown or built up before.

8 - Yeah, because that's what happens in the real world. EVERYBODY believes in propaganda and goes in a killing spree. Not saying it doesn't happen as we have terrorists and we had nazism and communism to show us big groups of people can do that. My problem is that EVERYBODY, including the outcasts was there.

9 - Not really. THey were hiding because they were also thought of as enemies. Also, Fuurouta and Kiiko aren't humans.

I don't like to do the writer's job and fill the holes myself. Maybe you're interpreting things the way the show intended, but they didn't make stuff clear, so it's inconsistent. This isn't a series like Mononoke where things are intentionally left open to interpretation. It's just a sign of the problems in story telling I mentioned.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

29 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

33 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

57 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2016

28 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 27, 2023 5:46 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - The Last Song Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

43 by St0rmblade »»
Jul 3, 2022 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.