Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2020 8:37 AM

Aug 2018
No Maki 0/10
jk jk
That last scene tho. We better get some answers next episode!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 19, 2020 9:13 AM

May 2018
Episode dedicated to Joker. He's by far the best character in the show
Sep 19, 2020 9:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol! I should've known it from the start that Benimaru never be so easy to be taken down! He even immuned from those poison shot. And his fights with those shadow forces, just so great. Lmao. Sasuga, Benimaru sama!

Ah, the Joker past. Finally they connected the opening theme song with these revelations of his dark childhood. Yes, he actually was the member of the Holy SOL temple group of an assassin with a code name 52. So, thats why he really hate them so much, the Holy SOL temple, and everything that surrounded them. He wanted to seek a revenge. A solid reason for him to took a wild card to charged the temple, together with Benimaru. Its a good decision to teaming up with Benimaru, tho. Since they were all just a complete hater for the temple.

Now, everything slowly connected well on my mind, about the Joker's role on these series. Especially with his dark past, why he knew Shinra's incident, and any other thing related to his past. I just feel so bad with the helper family he found out in the past. With that kind of situations, now my point of view for the Holy SOL temple started to decreasing. No good side or a bad side against those peoples. I even mistakenly pointing out Joker's role. So, yeah, its really good to pick an important note, from this episode.

They were just had their own reason. Even if they just went to survive against the past apocalypstic, or to complete their own justice, to seek a revenge, to seek a truth, and many other reason (even they had a generic reason, like to be a hero, or even a knight. Lol). So, the real question here, who was the last person to survived? Only those with mental of steel and a strong stature could survived. The Joker and Benimaru demonstrated those two basic criteria already met. Damn, Joker. Finally he has been able to finished him off, the debt of his revenge already over. Thanks to the smoke he had, and the determination he launched, everything just too easy for him. However, one final obstacle emerged, before he could accomplished his mission with Benimaru.

Burns, started his appearance. Finally, since the opening already hinted their fight. So, their final episode of these first cour kinda overwhelming me. Was that ended good? Lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 19, 2020 9:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ao_Blue said:

Ohh. Benimaru metabolized the poison. He's also not affected by Joker's hallucinogenic smoke. So sturdy! lmao

I just loved that information too. The name for the strongest warrior just not a bullshit for him. They just messed up with a wrong guy. Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 19, 2020 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
yes I knew t! I knew there would be a Joker card after the 52 cards. I was waiting for him so badly to shred that piece of s to pieces.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 19, 2020 11:33 AM

Nov 2009
Best episode of the entire series
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 19, 2020 12:30 PM

Dec 2009
That was WOW.

Somehow I thought it would be J-Beni, not Beni-J, then all the back story came up which changed my perspective... Khmm. (For those who know what I mean.)

Aaaand. Shall we all agree that Kenjirou Tsuda// Joker has an amazing voice? *-*
Sep 19, 2020 4:38 PM

Nov 2012
Best episode of the series and didn't even have our lead or main supporting characters! Benimaru and Joker ftw! I'd welcome a spinoff. They were both kinda sexy.

There are so many "bad guys" in this, it's hard to keep track.
Sep 19, 2020 10:00 PM

Sep 2010
I agree with best episode of the series so far, the only thing that could have made it better was if the SOL church assassins had cooler looking uniforms.
Sep 19, 2020 11:47 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was epic.

The Joker vs that shitty dude fight was so good.

To think that Joker was raped by that guy was shocking but I really like this kind of depiction in shounen anime, makes it more interesting.

I was watching their fight so seriously until that shit spouted that “Zaga bamba ra bamba” what was that XD
Sep 20, 2020 10:11 AM

Jun 2014
We need a Beni-J buddy cop spinoff lol. Also, I need to get hooked up with whatever dank Joker is smoking xD
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 20, 2020 11:16 AM
Sep 2020
is joker raped? the scene where the commander said he ll defile him to the bone
Sep 20, 2020 11:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was an epic episode! Best episode of the series so far, imo. Action scenes on point and some of the creative choreography with the character logos and whatnot a fabulous treat!

Joker and Benimaru are definitely my favourite characters after this episode. I would really love to see a buddy cop spin-off starring the two, lol. Love their interactions and OPness.

Quite the horrid backstory there for Joker by the way. Definitely didn't expect him to have such a history with the followers of the Sol Temple. Making his breakthrough during our MCs big life-changing moment, that's new. Poor family there too...

Burns vs. Joker next! Oh, hell yeah!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 20, 2020 12:03 PM

Dec 2013
ineedsweets said:
is joker raped? the scene where the commander said he ll defile him to the bone

Yeah, he was abused there, they decided to keep it "heavenly implied".
Sep 20, 2020 12:15 PM
Apr 2018
"Game hell, you idiot. You know i didn't come here to play. This is a deathmatch."
Sep 20, 2020 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
Knew it that Benimaru won't just be dead by a single parlor trick. but however, Joker and Benimaru in the "Beni-J' Super Smash Bros style , that was such a fan moment of smiles.

Interesting that this episode is featured solely on Joker, being an enigma to the Holy Sol Temple/Church and its corrupt history, all from his backstory as Code "52" and growing up in a dog-eat-dog world of the Church of the Sun, who are taught as sacrifices/pariahs and nothing else to the benevolence of the Sol Temple as a whole. Even after his eventual escape from the Temple, anyone associated with him is eliminated, no consideration or trials. Poor family that's burnt to death.

The high-octane action of Beni-J is impressive to say the least, that was some competent animation from David Production to flex with. More so for Joker to face his old nemesis, the former master of the collective tribe. And as displayed, a deck of 52 cards, there is always Joker cards for extras, and this is a prominent effect.

Captain Burns has arrived...and the next challenge for Joker to face. A rebel vs. follower? Quite waiting for the eventual fight!
Sep 20, 2020 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
beni and joker are so sexy and badass! really enjoyed this episode. let's see what burns has to show for himself.

Sep 20, 2020 3:02 PM

Mar 2019
that's an amazing ep ngl, loved it.
Sep 20, 2020 6:32 PM
Mar 2015
A joker in every pack
Sep 20, 2020 10:24 PM
Sep 2020
When he’s singing towards the end of the episode do you think he’s singing the joker by steve Miller band? He sings “I’m a midnight thinker” instead of toker. But says “I’m a smoker, I’m a joker” just like the song. Idk that’s my favorite song so that was what popped in my head. Also with the Jokers there’s 54 cards so even when he’s out of cards he’s still have a trick or two up his sleeve just thought that fit.
Sep 20, 2020 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
Joker was raped and almost beaten to death in the manga, I'm glad the didn't gloss over it in the anime. It's important to see where he came from and not have people be confused as to why he's helping Shinra and the others and why he's friends with Victor. I felt sorry for him in the manga but seeing him in the anime brought back those memories. My favorite part was that psychadelic effect Joker's smoke was having on his abuser.
臭い-
Sep 21, 2020 12:13 PM
May 2019
one of the best episodes of fire force ever. if not the best
Sep 21, 2020 3:11 PM
Sep 2012
like everyone else, I'm really impressed with this episode. Joker is one hell of a character.
Sep 22, 2020 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Absolutely brilliant direction. Seems like it was a different episode director this time. The "joker scene" was absolutely insane. Couple of artsy backgrounds. Benimaru's fight with those guys was beautiful.
Sep 22, 2020 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, they really used the entire animation budget from the last two episodes on that trippy scene at the end there.
Great episode, hopefully the show can keep it up
Sep 22, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode, it’s the most interesting episode of the whole series so far, probably.
Sep 22, 2020 4:05 PM
May 2019
this episode was ight
Sep 23, 2020 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
Of course the holy sol temple has their own anbu corps, too bad they're all dressed like that. Fucking ridiculous lol why rabbit? Anyway, I'm so pumped up to find out what that bogus church is really hiding.
Sep 24, 2020 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
Probably my favorite episode so far! Benimaru and Joker make one hell of a team, really loved their chemistry and banter.

Also, holy shit the episode was pretty damn dark - with the torture, rape and whatnot.

Ngl, didn't even miss the usual main characters tbh.
Sep 24, 2020 1:27 PM
Sep 2015
Wow I wasn't expecting that joker really had dark is backstory out of anybody d, well-deserved revenge. Anyone else get the impression that Blondie raped him as a child?
Sep 25, 2020 9:10 AM

Dec 2017
By far the best En'en no Shouboutai episode out of all so far! I'm so hyped right now, finally we got to know a bit more about Joker's past and Beni-Joker is one of my favorite duos now.

Also, I'm so curious about the relationship between Joker and Burns, the openings made it quite clear already that they had a deeper connection and I was waiting to finally find out how they were related. I'm guessing it's not a coincidence that both of them lack an eye, each a different one. Especially with how they highlighted that in the opening.
Sep 26, 2020 9:40 AM

Jul 2019
Both my favourite characters teaming up and fighting it out with Sol's assassin unit. This was every bit as epic as I could have ever imagined. Visuals and animation were also tight. 10/10 episode
Sep 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Oct 2017
Since this serie is all about the corruption of religion and church , Joker being raped heavily implied to Christian/ Catholic's priests raped countless little boys in real life.

It happens even more often in the past too when church holds power higher than king.
Sep 27, 2020 12:43 AM
Apr 2020
I didn't expect that Captain Burns is also spying The 1st, I thought he's going to fight Beni-J. lol

Woah. The White-Clad is behind the creation of the Holy Sol Temple, they're deceiving the citizens for 2 1/2 centuries! And it seems, Haijima Industries is an accomplice of the White-Clad.

Sep 27, 2020 7:14 AM
Oct 2019
Joker and Benimaru destroyed everyone. This episode got surprisingly dark with the whole Joker backstory but im happy he got revenge :) Rip to that family that took him in.
Life is not daijoubu
Sep 27, 2020 3:58 PM

Mar 2009
Certainly wasn't expecting to see sexual abuse in Fire Force. Glad that guy got what he deserved. Joker had a horrific past.
Sep 28, 2020 10:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Did they really think that Benimaru will fall that easily ha. Benji though what a name for their teamup. Benimaru's imagination of Joker as an acolyte sure was amusing. The tension via the lights activating as they encountered the shadows sure was nicely done. Makes sense that the holy sol will have a kill team. To think that Joker was originally a part of this order. The insight into his past sure was interesting and dark on account of what the order did to try and get him back. This however served to make Benji's devastation of them that much more satisfying. Jokers fight against the leader sure was fun though. Still this was only the easy part for the captain of the 1st will be the true test. Overall an interesting ep that blended well the combination of character expansion via Joker's and slick combat via their thrashing of the shadows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2020 4:00 PM

Aug 2015
A great episode. It was nice to see Joker's background, even though it was really sad. This whole episode was lit (lol such a stupid pun). Didn't realise Joker was this powerful. Plus, the scene with him having that hair cut was quite funny. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Sep 29, 2020 11:55 AM
Sep 2020
Jokers monk hair is going to haunt me
Oct 1, 2020 4:25 AM

Jan 2015
This was actually the best Fire Force episode so far. And Joker is the best character in this mediocre anime.
Oct 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Oct 2017
Awesome episode! Best episode of the season so far imo.

Loved Joker’s backstory! And the fight was amazing!
Oct 6, 2020 7:28 PM

Dec 2016
Joker went through a lot :( it was very satisfying seeing him kill his mentor at the end!

What a massacre! R.I.P to the family to welcomed Joker who was a mere stranger to them. They didn't deserve that terrible fate TT^TT

Great episode! Joker and Benimaru's a badass duo!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 15, 2020 4:12 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
PastUchiha98 said:
ahh that episode... that's hot owo (10/10)

i hope you're not referring to the scene where joker was a kid cause that was clearly rape...

Oct 23, 2020 8:04 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was so awesome! I love the action and I love Joker and Benji as a pair. Ends with a good cliff hanger too
Nov 6, 2020 12:02 PM

Nov 2020
god tier episode god tier fight scenes
Nov 7, 2020 2:37 AM

Dec 2013
This was a freaking amazing episode. I thought Benimaru and Joker would make a cool duo but I didn't think they would be THIS great.

All of the action in this episode was amazing. Benimaru fighting the fodder was really fun but Joker's acid trip was too badass!

Just when I didn't think this episode couldn't get much more hype that cliffhanger happened. Burns hype!
Nov 9, 2020 9:04 PM
Oct 2019
At this point I'm just mad that the first 10 episodes of this season were TRASH.

Shinmon and Dark Hero have been badass. These last 2 episodes have been fantastic. The whole style and theme of these episodes have been different than the typical Fire Force episode. They have a different "feel".

Did that one guy rape 52? It sure seemed like that's what was implied...sheesh. Disgusting. But that's (real life) The Church for you, horrifically enough. Nice to see him slice that guy to bits.

Another big battle coming up next episode? Alright alright alright.

I've bumped season 2 up to a 6/10 from now after these last 2 episodes (previously a mediocre af 5/10).
Nov 17, 2020 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
Omg amazing episode. Joker's backstory was so sad. The fight scenes were A+ especially Joker finishing the commander off. I didn't expect his cigarette to be relevant though I did expect to see the Joker card and was pleased when he flashed it.

Loved the lone wolf comparison. Kinda funny to me because the assassination team's outfits look like bunnies.

Who showed up at the end surprised me.
Nov 24, 2020 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
A whole episode featuring Beni and Joker fuck yeah. Loved the animation and choice of visual style for these episodes so far.
Was hyped to see Joker's past and damn was it horrible, didn't expect the show to get this dark, glad to see Benimaru and Joker could clean up this fucked up place and Joker literally tore the fucked up commander to pieces.

Now Burns appears, Boss Time!
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Dec 6, 2020 12:54 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That cliffhanger, oh my God.
I'm glad we're focusing on side characters like Beni and Joker.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

128 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

86 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

127 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

90 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

91 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.