Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Joker is such an engima that they decided to dedicate an episode on him lol

Pretty tense episode and it gets into deeper lore with connection of Joker. David Production's artistic production made this episode pretty satisfying, even with the psychology and violence. This episode felt like a work of art to me.

Sep 18, 2020 11:21 AM
Dec 2017
There was some interesting cuts and shots (and style overall), i wonder if a different director handled this episode.
Sep 18, 2020 11:32 AM
Oct 2016
Woah doggie was this episode glorious! I love seeing a douchebag get put in their place and Joker did exactly that to the commander! We finally get some backstory information about Joker and how he became this mysterious dark hero. Raised as an orphan to be an assassin for the Holy Sol Temple. Put through horrendous torture and training for years. Having to constantly run looking over his shoulder while not being able to grow attached to people in case they got killed like that family did. Always alone. He lived a sad life but it doesn't seem to have dulled his purpose. Why does world suck. It's daunting question to try and solve. Probably has a lot to do with whatever all these corrupt bastards are doing to keep society under their control.

Of course the Holy Sol Temple tells people to stay away from the Nether just so they can have free reign over it and use it themselves. Benimaru asking some important questions himself and not just following Joker blindly into the depths. They had some great fights against the Holy Sol Temple assassins. Those guys are top elites but our two dark heroes made them look like chumps. Benimaru handling the grunts himself pretty well. Joker facing the commander. Things didn't look good but of course Joker had an extra card to play! Laughed my ass off when he told the commander to just make himself whole again after Joker cut his arm off. Where's all that fancy talk now huh big man! Joker then annihilating the dude into tiny bits. Great time, now to see what Captain Burns wants.
Sep 18, 2020 11:39 AM

Feb 2019
Easily best fire force episode ever. This arc is gonna show y’all why Fire force is peak fiction. This was actually refreshing to me even as someone who knew what would happen. It’s been so long since I read this I forgot a lot of details. Great job by David production making everything feel fresh and high quality.
Sep 18, 2020 11:43 AM
Mar 2019
Did Yuki Yase direct this episode? Because I noticed a lot of his direction styles. Either way, this episode was awesome
Sep 18, 2020 11:48 AM
Sep 2015
They even give a name to this duo "Beni-J", I love this episode despite the only symbolism I can interprete is that Joker was raped...
Sep 18, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2018
Best episode of Fire Force!!
Sep 18, 2020 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode. This was fire.

A lot of focus on Joker in this episode. He suffered a lot and it was satisfying seeing his tormentor getting sliced to pieces.

Sep 18, 2020 12:28 PM
Oct 2019
So far the best episode of Fire Force Season 2.WOW! So glad the give Joker his own episode.
Shinnmon Benimaru is so f*cking powerful! It was amazing to see him fight the Holy Sol's Shadows. Plus I love their team name "Beni-J". I hope they work together again in the future.
I am starting to really like Joker, even more, they flesh him out this episode and give him some a really interesting backstory. F*ck the Commander! I am so glad that Joker got his revenge- always have an ace of up sleeve. Also, did they insinuate that Commander r*ped Joker? If so that is really f*cking dark.
The introduction of the Holy Sol's Shadow is another reason not to trust The Holy Sol Temple. What kind of church has f*cking secret assassins?
The directing style also feel and look different than the other episode I actually really like it!
Can't wait for the next episode! Joker vs Captain Burn or Joker & Beni vs Captain Burns is going to be amazing.
chid_emordi1Sep 18, 2020 12:39 PM
Sep 18, 2020 12:29 PM
Apr 2018
KANA-BOON will perform the second opening song for Fire Force Season 2!

https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1307031840348397569?s=19
Sep 18, 2020 12:39 PM

Feb 2020
Stary dogs are here and we have probably the best episode of the series so far (both seasons).
Violent, raw, and fucking badass... thats how i could define this episode and the backstory of Joker (what a character.. really)
David Production, tremendous job this time!!!
Sep 18, 2020 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Benimaru and Joker combo are so badass!

Man wasn't expecting Joker's past to be something like that.

Joker and Burns are siblings?
Sep 18, 2020 12:46 PM
Jun 2020
Amazing episode, The direction felt very different but insanely good. Was expecting the episode to be mainly a fight between Joker and that Buff servent dude luckily that got resolved and gave foreshadowing to why Benimaru was able to withstand the joker smoke. I love how Joker hit those dudes with some Genjustu, also that implication of Joker getting raped by that captain was interesting, that man just can't catch a break. Overall that was an amazing episode Fire Force haters looking like 🤡 after this episode.
nrh205Sep 18, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 18, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
Talk about getting deep and dirty. I've been suspicious of the smoking guy character and his motives until we got to see his abuse as a child by the catholic church. ermm. I mean Holy Sol temple. It explains a lot and it was nice too see the umbrella guy get back up and into the fight. but whats with the ending. I thought the eye patch dude might of been on the right side but if hes down there with the assasins I'm not so sure anymore!

Bring me next week soon!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 18, 2020 1:04 PM

Jan 2020
As they already said, it can be interpreted that Joker was sexually abused, why would the commander go then with a naked torso and physical contact?

An episode with a mature theme, the development of Joker is well told in this chapter and the reason for his intentions is quite clear, I like that in the end he can take revenge, but that is not the only thing that heroes do. It is sad that the family that helped Joker died, you can see that the girl of his age liked him. In the end I wonder if the song he sings is real or is it something invented, does anyone know?

Benimaru was having trouble facing a full squad, I think Joker focused on helping his partner first before killing the commander.

I don't know if anyone else noticed the relationship with the Joker from DC comics.

The eye thing, I think it was an experiment on the part of the temple of the sun, something like transplanting the eyes of a demon to humans, or simply a transplant of eyes between burns and joker.

The next chapter will be the most exciting! I can't wait for the outcome between the 3 characters.

With chapter 12 the season ends, next time I hope to see a new opening and ending, I will miss hearing Aimer.

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Sep 18, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2017
Oh my god, Joker has a very dark and horrific past, a lot worse than anything I expected. I'm so glad he cut that fucker to pieces... but wish he could've suffered a bit more, the evil bastard. I've adopted Joker into my ever-growing family of broken & tragic anime characters who I want to protect and dote on haha

Can Beni & Joker just be a permanent duo from now cause they're practically unstoppable when they're together? I'm looking for to seeing how they fare against our newly revealed scummy traitor.
Sep 18, 2020 1:48 PM
Aug 2020
Holy crap, this episode blew me away, david production popped off with this episode bruh, joker is one badass character though it kinda saddens me that he was abused in his teenage days by that nasty commander, and probably sexually abused, but glad that the commander got fucked up by joker’s clownery image attack, that scene was beautiful
Sep 18, 2020 1:57 PM
May 2020
This episode is the embodiment of everything I like about the series. Awesome storytelling. Wacky as fuck.
Sep 18, 2020 1:58 PM
May 2020
This episode was amazing. Really shone a new light on how we viewed Joker. No wonder he hates the church, fucking rapist cult fuckers in there. Really looking forward to his interaction with Burns next episode
Sep 18, 2020 3:00 PM

Jan 2018
Best episode of Fire Force so far, it gives off a different vibe than the other episodes so far.
David Production did an amazing job.
Sep 18, 2020 3:01 PM

Mar 2017
ahh that episode... that's hot owo (10/10)
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Sep 18, 2020 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Beni being fine wasn't really a surprise, his opness goes beyond common sense. Also liked the Joker flashback(even tho I think they could've dedicated an entire episode to it) The madman went through some messed up shit and of course the church gotta rape.

Another dope episode with Beni-J. The fights, fire. And now that Burns entered it really should become a wild party. Looking forward to next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 18, 2020 3:35 PM

Jan 2009
individualism vs collectivism

damn did Joker got butt rape just like in prison when he was a kid

and Benimaru fights are always full of sakuga awesome
Sep 18, 2020 3:37 PM

Aug 2019
damn rip that family that got merked just for letting joker in.
Sep 18, 2020 3:43 PM

Jan 2009
snowykevin said:
damn rip that family that got merked just for letting joker in.

oh ye i almost forgot that the saddest part of the episode there
Sep 18, 2020 4:09 PM
Jul 2019
So, Jokers backstory was hell, having to threaten way more than just shit, but too bad for his ex trainer/tormentor /abuser/homo that Joker finally was able to get back at him and send him to hell.
Sep 18, 2020 4:17 PM
Apr 2016
i don t like season 2 so far, but damn that episode was lit ! interesting and the realisation was amazing compared to previous episodes.

It almost reached season 1's quality
Sep 18, 2020 4:43 PM
Apr 2018
Benimaru just said he's built different
Sep 18, 2020 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
Beni-J is the most awesome insane wicked sick outlaws that i've seen! truly a spectacle!
but then captain Burns shows-up! this show knows how they can pump-up viewers!!!
5/5!

Sep 18, 2020 5:30 PM

Apr 2019
[quote=ldanes message=60741412]
"Benimaru was having trouble facing a full squad, I think Joker focused on helping his partner first before killing the commander."

Beni had no problems with those assholes. Joker killed them with his technique on the occassion. Beni is stronger than him, a fight on this level is just a warm-up for him
Sep 18, 2020 5:36 PM

Apr 2019
One of the best ep so far. Animation looks gorgeaous. Poor Joker, his past is dark and sad. Lol l'm curious when Beni will fight with opponent on his level because his op and he looks bored :)
Sep 18, 2020 5:56 PM

Oct 2017
By far the best episode of all so far, you can expect it to get even better with each episode
Sep 18, 2020 6:33 PM
Apr 2017
Now I understand why Joker is interested on Shinra. They are like opposite sides of the same coin!
Sep 18, 2020 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
despite fire forces very early themes of shoving very shounen persona's at you talking about heroes and what not this season randomly likes to hit you with some dark shit ,knew the church might be messed up but these assassin were fucked up explains how joker turned out how he is

fire force really is at it's best when it comes to action and i overall really like the direction this episode it felt really different from the usual
Sep 18, 2020 9:15 PM

Oct 2016
Beni-J out here singlehandedly fucking up the Holy Sol Temple. Joker's backstory though damn, I hate that commander, glad he got offed in the most trippy and Joker way possible. The family that took Joker in did not deserve that shit man, fuck the temple all my homies hate the temple. That was a good episode, we will probably find out more about why Joker and Burns are missing an eye in the coming episode.
Sep 18, 2020 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Benimaru is alive, there was no way that he would die right there.

Damn, i kinda want Joker to win, he deserves that. But it will be tough, his enemy is strong and i doubt that there will be reinforcements.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Látom
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 18, 2020 11:10 PM

Jul 2016
Benimaru/Joker duo => "Beni-J". That's cute.

First of all, I agree with those who say the direction felt different this time. Its approach indeed looked a bit more "artistic" during some shots and sequences. Really liked it and I'm particularly glad it was used in a Joker-focused episode.

Now regarding the episode, it was darker than I expected, with little-to-no comedy and I really appreciated that fact. Joker's backstory was indeed messed up and though I was already expecting something of that caliber coming from the catholic chur... I mean, The Holy Sol Temple, it was still hard to see the guy being physically abused and potentially raped for who knows how long. The part with the family accepting him into their home was also a nice addition but I wish it hadn't been so brief since I didn't feel anything when Joker discovered they were killed.
Anyways, in the end, he managed to get some sweet revenge from that scumbag commander so I feel satisfied in that aspect. Only wish the bastard had suffered more but that's my vengeful self talking.

So the Temple has a secret division/cult of assassins that act from the shadows, uh? Interesting narrative addition but I wonder if they will be as relevant as the Evangelist's followers in white robes. I personally doubt it but we'll see.

And as for the ending scene with Burns, I'm not really surprise he has something to do with The Holy Sol Temple if I'm honest. The guy looked fishy since the moment he was introduced so now, I'm more interested in knowing what kind of connection he has with Joker as well as the whole deal related to both of them missing an eye.
SouthRzVaSep 18, 2020 11:15 PM
Sep 19, 2020 12:11 AM

Oct 2017
Damn boi Joker was lit af, the visuals and animation was great.
Sep 19, 2020 1:09 AM

Apr 2011
Answer me this, did Joker lost his eye during the forced raped?
Sep 19, 2020 1:13 AM

Jul 2020
That was an epic episode.
A lot of Joker's backstory I didn't expect. He has quite a horrific story and it's making him even more interesting, what a badass.
Of course Benimaru did amazing as well !

And with that ending straight into the next exhilarating fight with Leonardo Burns.
This episode went by so fast and I can't wait for the next one!
Sep 19, 2020 1:16 AM

Sep 2009
I just can't stop thinking that he got raped by that Commander :(
But he got his revenge! Loved that part when the body parts was sliced.
Sep 19, 2020 1:19 AM

Sep 2009
vansonbee said:
Answer me this, did Joker lost his eye during the forced raped?

I don't think so. It's probably related to his power being a Joker?
Sep 19, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 2020
WTF!!! This is probably the goriest episode of Fire Force. Joker's past is so cruel and dark. Beatings, destroyed the last memory of his family, raped and killed his foster family. No doubt Joker wanted revenge. And the way he killed that captain is so gruesome!

Ohh. Benimaru metabolized the poison. He's also not affected by Joker's hallucinogenic smoke. So sturdy! lmao

Ao_SkySep 19, 2020 3:33 AM
Sep 19, 2020 4:14 AM

Apr 2020
This is one of the best episode of Fire Force 2, HOLY HELL. We finally get the backstory for Joker (52), which is not a graceful upbringing and a cruel place to live on. Also...

Yikes, I didn't expect such cruelty, really goes to show how Joker became who he is now.

And also Benimaru which once again we haven't seen much of him in Season 2. But damn what an arc for him to show his powers again. Anyways, the elephant in the room for me THE ANIMATION FROM DAVID, MY GOD! I haven't seen any Jojo yet but if this is the S-Tier Sakuga i'm gonna get from that series and for Fire Force, then I'm on board for what's to come. Well, we're now halfway into this second season, hopefully the show keeps going into this direction cause this is flaming gold!
Sep 19, 2020 5:34 AM

Apr 2015
If this was a Super Smash Bros fighter announcement:
Beni-J coming in hot!

Beni-J is one hell of a duo, greatest episode yet this season! Beni's fight was amazing, great animation per usual. That Joker sequence was amazing as well, so colorful and exactly what you would expect from a Joker!

So Burns is down there as well, man this got so much more interesting!
CeddyyBearrSep 19, 2020 5:58 AM
Sep 19, 2020 5:49 AM

May 2015
That went way darker. B-J team is OP. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 19, 2020 5:51 AM

Jan 2019
The animation in this episode was very unique comapred to everything weve seen so far, especially that psychedelic sequence. Also big part of the episode is a really well animated fight which was really fucking cool. And im glad we get to see more of Joker, i hope he starts getting more screen time after this mini arc.
Sep 19, 2020 6:18 AM
Mar 2020
Best episode in the Series, Id even lean out of thw wiindow and say best episode in the enitre anime industry this year.
The direction, the effects, the dark tone and the battle choeography were -on fire- hell we even got jokers backstory!
Sep 19, 2020 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
This episode is probably the best from the whole series. The direction was great and the fights were fluid and fun. Joker and Benimaru are my favorite characters in the show after this episode. It seems that Captain Burns actually sides with the Church and could possibly be a villain.
Sep 19, 2020 8:07 AM
Apr 2019
Wow. I love how this episode is directed masterfully. Those fight between Joker and his former master felt more powerful than when I'm reading the manga.

On the flip side, I'm excited to hear Kana-Boon for the 2nd opening. I can't wait to hear if it's going to be catchy has Inferno by Mrs Green Apple.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.