Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of action this episode especially involving Company 8.

There's also the Adolla Burst being an important part of the story. Nataku Son is also a character to keep an eye on for sure this arc. A very tense episode imo.
Oct 16, 2020 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
Good thing Arthur is dumb. Vulcan is a savage. XD

Yep, a lot of action in this episode. It made me feel sorry for Nataku. Poor kid. :(

Oct 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
16th 10/10 episode from David Pro. This season. They just can’t miss. I’m so glad they kept all the mini Reka’s in standing on Nataku’s shoulder and the internal monologues. Kurono getting chewed out by his boss and then replying with “Yes, sir” had me dying.

Craziest thing is, despite how great these eps are, FF still is nowhere near its peak.

No better way to spend a birthday than watching Fire Force.
Oct 16, 2020 11:54 AM
Mar 2019
Next episode they should go off considering it’s mostly the climax off the battle. Lets go DAVID PRODUCTION !!!!
Oct 16, 2020 11:54 AM
Apr 2016
the episode was too weird for me, but it s nice to see all the characters involved.
Oct 16, 2020 11:58 AM
Aug 2020
This episode was cool, i liked Arthur's knight pride and encouragement bu vulcan, seems like kurono, charon and shinra are going to try to defeat the giant inferno haumea seemed to overpower by attacking poor nataku, and now kurono action starts the next episode, YES!
Oct 16, 2020 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
Just when I thought this episode can't top last episode's 3-way battles. This episode gives me an unexpected 3v1 in the main battle, and 2v2 in female battle. FireForce is on fire today, best moment when Charon protecting Shinra.

And what's more, fan service!!!! I always thought the legendary sword symbolically represents a penis, and when Vulcan told Arthur not to pull it out yet....

How can Rekka has more role in this season when he died in last season LOL
But I'm glad not only we get his visual representation, we also get an update soundtrack version of his old theme.

Only one downside, many of Charon's disciples (and one Haijima guard) were killed. Those muscles were mean to be licked, not burnt.
phantomfandomOct 16, 2020 12:08 PM
Oct 16, 2020 12:12 PM

Jan 2009
that sex joke though about excalibur

Ritsu got an interesting firepower there a necromancer power
Oct 16, 2020 12:22 PM
Apr 2018
Holy mother of god this episode was SO GOOD! The animation is given top-notch, but that sound quality damn I felt like I was there with them.
Oct 16, 2020 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
im surprise people says the animation is good in this episode even the last episode has weak animation imo lots of stiff animation not much sakuga this past few 2 episodes from what i see

anyway this episode got lots of sexual moments eh

vibrator really?

Oct 16, 2020 12:28 PM
Apr 2016
deg said:
im surprise people says the animation is good in this episode even the last episode has weak animation imo lots of stiff animation not much sakuga this past few 2 episodes from what i see

vibrator really?

yeah that and the excalibur sex joke, that was a bit too much for me. The anime is clearly a bit more oriented for young people and I feel it s a bit out of place
Oct 16, 2020 12:30 PM
Oct 2016
More than a couple loonies in this episode huh. Arthur going full crazy with his knight king delusions. Thrusting his legendary sword into the serpents back. Ya gotta hand it to Vulcan for coming up with a scenario like that to get Arthur to go along with the plan. Creating an electromagnetic pulse to stop Haumea from zapping Nataku with her crazy waves. Haumea went on her own little rampage this episode. Making poor Nataku experience those Rekka hallucinations to an extreme level even worse than what he'd already seen. The kid has got it real bad being wrapped up in that giant infernal. Ritsu showing off her own abilities with that Necro Pyro stuff. Reanimating the corpses to make a big ole one. Same level we saw the eighth fight back in the season premiere. Some other smaller moments were cool, Maki fighting Arrow hand to hand landing some good blows. The mad scramble between Obi, Kurono and Charon to grab Nataku, Kurono getting chewed out over the phone by the Hajime President, Charon protecting Shinra since he's one of the pillars. great episode but this situation keeps going from bad to worse.
Oct 16, 2020 12:32 PM
Oct 2016
deg said:

vibrator really?

Yeah ya gotta loosen up an old biddy like Arrow lmao
Oct 16, 2020 12:53 PM
Oct 2019
I love how messy this three-way fight for Nataku is.

FF comedic moments are great- playing basketball with Nataku was great to watch.

Kurono must really respect the President of Haijima to stop his rampage of fighting the weak to help Shinra and really Haijima to get Nataku back.
Looks next episode is going to dive deeper in Nataku and Kurono.

Haumea's excessive need to wreak havoc and chaos will lead to her downfall.

I WAS PREPARED FOR THAT ARROW SCENE. WOW!
Oct 16, 2020 1:12 PM

Jan 2018
Damn Arrow is THICC.
Also playing basketball with Nataku as the ball, lmao i love that scene.
Looks like Kureno will get serious next episode judging from the preview, can't wait to see that.
AntonioWuxOct 16, 2020 1:15 PM
Oct 16, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2014
I love how dumb Arthur is, that was hilarious.

And I also love how THICC Arrow is... DAMN! Poor girl though, with all the Haumea bullying.
Oct 16, 2020 1:41 PM

Sep 2019
That fanservice was great, I didn’t expect her to be that thicc under those clothes.
Oct 16, 2020 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
I do like to hate on Chruncy in there forums. They not allowed me to send a pm in years. And as real world circumstances are forcing me to look at cost cutting and my funi sub gives me all the best chruncy shows and more. I would be remiss to say I was here and there when I seen the nails as fuck white clad guy protect and point out he was a pillar and his was his duty to protect.

I mean, that acknowledge in a single moment sent the story into over drive and I'm wondering if its worth it waiting some weeks till another service plays it while Im chomping at the bit to see nexts weeks episode! Well come Jan the decision is taken out my hands, but I think funi is carrying the best shows right now.!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 16, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
This was a fun episode. We had:

-Arrow being extra thicc.
-Nataku being used as a basketball ball by Kurono, Obi and Charon.
-Kurono getting scolded by his boss, then thinking in getting a new job cause he's fighting so many strong people.
-Arthur being Arthur, with Vulcan trying to pull some serious mental gymnastics on him for Arthur to stick his plasma sword into the hole of the matchbox.
-Spiderwoman Haumea.
-Charon still being based.
-Company 8, Haijima and the White Clads fighting each other in a truly chaotic and erratic fight, yet also helping themselves at the same time.
-Rekka still giving Nataku some nice PTSD.

Loved the episode even if the animation wasn't as good as the previous two episodes (though Nataku's breakdown scene was very well done). Next episode will be even better, considering it will be the climax of the arc.

Also, a detail I noticed. Originally, the giant Infernal that Company 8 destroyed in the first episode of this second season seemed like a filler to make the opening of this season more exciting and not start so suddenly with the Company 4th arc (along with the firefighter calendar segment lol), but after rewatching the fight before watching this episode and seeing how they commented how weird that giant Infernal was, I wondered if they were trying to foreshadow Ritsu's Necro Pyro (in the manga it was foreshadowed just after the Shinra vs Rekka fight, but the anime skipped that part), and this episode confirmed they were indeed teasing Ritsu's power with that giant Infernal. It was a cool detail and made me appreciate that fight more.
Oct 16, 2020 2:12 PM

Aug 2018
That episode was a pure mess with action packs and unexpected alliances between every contenders : I loved it, both for the funny aspects but also the fighting scenes
Oct 16, 2020 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
The Arrow fan service we didn't ask for, but needed :)

That phone conversation Kurono had with the boss was way too funny.

So Ritsu's power is to make Infernals only? So she can't control them or anything, right?

Shinra, Kurono and Charon trio seems really interesting and I can't wait to seem them fight side by side.

"Thank god Arthur is dumb!" All of Arthur's scene's this episode made me burst out laughing.

removed-userOct 16, 2020 2:30 PM
Oct 16, 2020 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:
that sex joke though about excalibur

BAHAHA I DIN'T EVEN CATCH THAT TILL NOW!
Oct 16, 2020 2:21 PM
Mar 2020
Fanservice, weird Alliances and way to many jokes. Not what I expected.
"Oh, If you keep standing theire you will die."
Oct 16, 2020 2:22 PM
Jun 2017
Wow what an episode we have here----> kurono, chiron and shinra are now helping each other just to beat that Giant...

Nataku mean while became a ball in basketball are all are like grabbing a rebound just to get him... 😂😂😂😂

And the arthur joke is 😂😂😂😂...

Love this one.
Oct 16, 2020 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
So Arrow is thicc and Arthur inadvertently was taught about sex. Yes...this episode is yes.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 16, 2020 3:07 PM
Oct 2019
Unexpected teamwork i must say.

Between Haijima employees and the Fire Force (also Charon with a epic save). That Ritsu girl has a troublesome ability. Maki rolled Arrow in close combat. Nataku has radioactive flames. Arthur shutting down Haumea (like usual Pog). Looks like Arrow and Charon are both fed up with Haumea. It would be cool to have Arrow join our side but i doubt that since she doesn't like Haumea but is loyal to Sho.

I'm interested to see all these things develop further. Few more things:

-Arrow is really damn thicc under those clothes Pog

-Poor Nataku, He has some serious PTSD because of Rekka and was being used as a damn ball by Kurono, Obi and Charon.

-The writers had a blast with all these ''vibrate'' and put ur excalibur in it'' lines.
Life is not daijoubu
Oct 16, 2020 4:05 PM
Jul 2016
I loved this episode. This series has some of the best thought out combat in anime. I love that there is so much strategizing and logic around the powers, and how they can deal with someone super powerful like the electric girl.

What initially won me over with this series was the great characters, and this season continues with old and new characters. Charon is my favorite new character. They wrote him so well, he has an interesting power set, he's super powerful, funny. Great character.
Oct 16, 2020 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
I see a lot of positive comments, Idk if I watched a different episode but the pacing was kinda awful?, why is the whole fight full of awkward pauses? (more than usual)

I'm also tired of characters saying obvious things out loud, right after you see it on screen, I'm like cmon this is not a kid show, why do they keep doing that?
removed-userOct 16, 2020 4:32 PM
Oct 16, 2020 6:31 PM
Jun 2019
playing basketball mid fight over the sixth pillar made this episode a 10/10 without question
Oct 16, 2020 6:55 PM

Nov 2016
Can't really understand how anybody can find Arthur's personality to be good????? He ruins the whole mod of the fight.
Oct 16, 2020 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
Nuclear boy is here, by far one of the most destructive powers yet, would he be considered a fourth generation?
Oct 16, 2020 7:23 PM

Jun 2014
Lol good thing Arthur is so dumb, that makes it much easier for Vulcan to get him to cooperate. And those sex jokes xD

Poor Nataku, kid was being treated like a basketball at one point.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2020 9:07 PM

Oct 2016
When they said this arc was chaotic as fuck they weren't kidding.

I always liked arrow but she's also thiccer than a snicker too hell yeah ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Bruh poor Nataku they turned him into a fucking basketball lmao. Charon really cementing himself as a dope dude ya love to see it. Arthur's knightly imaginations always running wild. Great episode.
Oct 16, 2020 9:08 PM
Nov 2017
Arrow be thicc.

Nataku as a basketball lol.

Kurono complaining for being a salaryman was way too relatable.
Oct 16, 2020 9:27 PM

Jan 2013
What an amazing episode! One of the best so far tbh, it was great with all the fights that happened, the unexpected tag team, and of course Arthur's scene ahahaha 10/10
This is one of those few times that the director managed a great action + comedy episode.

But for real, all of the fights were sick! And the mega infernal one is the most insane, idk how Shinra will beat him but i guess he might need some help.

What an episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 16, 2020 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
Arrow's fanservice gave me such unpleasant flashbacks of Iris when she got her clothes burned by Hibana in S1. This said, at least the fanservice here didn't felt as forced and lame since Haumea being the instigator was pretty much in character for her. The "vibrating massage" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) moment sure looked quite erotic, by the way.

Overall, better than previous episode but the pacing still felt kinda odd with so many pauses dedicated to comedy... and Arthur. This aside, lots of things were happening but Haumea ruining the opportunity for her crewmates to take Nataku and retreat sure took the cake. Man, she's definitely something else.

As for Arthur, seeing him in idiot mode gives me so much stress every time but al least, I'm kinda glad Vulcan managed to give a good use to the dude's stupidity.
This said, now we have a nuclear Infernal being controlled by an even more unstable kid so I guess things will get rather complicated next week.
SouthRzVaOct 16, 2020 10:22 PM
Oct 16, 2020 10:34 PM

Aug 2018
Oh BOY the episode was Awesome Goddamn Arrow lady is extra extra thicc as hell
overall 9 out of 10
SaiDxvLightOct 18, 2020 2:55 PM
Oct 16, 2020 10:39 PM
Apr 2020
Inca and Ritsu are perfect combo, both psychopath. lol

Charon is staying true to his job as a Guardian, he even protected Shinra.

Haumea suddenly became spiderwoman. lol

Arthur is dense as f. lol

Oct 16, 2020 11:41 PM

Apr 2020
This week, I can finally say that I now love Torch of Liberty and Desire, the new theme songs of Fire Force, damn after 2 long weeks now I'm repeating these two songs like fire! (-v-)

Anyways this week was weird as fuck. We're still in the middle of the Haijima arc where Nataku is being contested by a three way battle. Lots of surprising moves this week, Haijima teaming up with our 8th crew, and Charon protecting Shinra which was unexpected. Also Kurono getting grilled by his boss, "Idiot? Me? Yes, okay boss", one of the best lines this season so far. Now we have a broken Nataku continuously tormented by the trauma from Rekka. (And dear my, Rekka's looking more creepy than the last time we saw him)

But let's be real ladies and gentlemen, we can't skip the elephant in the room here. This week, we witnessed some very saucy fanservice. First up, Haumea revealed to us that Arrow is very thicc. And after two seasons of Arrow being in the sidelines, I can agree that she is some majestic treasure. And I never thought the day will come where Fire Force is going for a vibrator innuendo, what a fun time.

Then we got the tangent of the Excalibur jokes. Inserting the Excalibur into the hole and pulling it out and repeat, Vulcan you nasty son of a gun! Arthur with his knightly (maybe lewd) delusions doesn't seem to mind at all and releases his EMP energy in the area. Damn Fire Force still has its comedic flair.

Next week, the climax of this crazy battle. Who will get Nataku, and what is his backstory? We'll find out next week in this madness of a show.
Oct 17, 2020 12:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Crazy episode. I never expected everything just being so insanely intensed like that.
badabassOct 17, 2020 2:19 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 17, 2020 12:48 AM

Apr 2020
like this second season much more than the previous one. some characters are really cruel and insane, the eighth is working as a great team, the mystery is balanced with some answers and more hype. humor, fanservice (tamaki's already seems overdone tho) and a lot of chaotic figths

the last part of the episodes sometimes are abrupt and seem more like a cut off than a good cliffhanger. BUT it'll be 24 episodes, so i think it's okay
Oct 17, 2020 1:58 AM

Oct 2008
LOL at Vulcan!: "Thank god Arthur is dumb! bwahahaha
awesome episode!
team-up team work is really needed!
LOL at Nataku getting snatched one after another!!!
5/5.

Oct 17, 2020 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
I've nothing to say except FIREEEEE!!!!!!!! The 'Excalibur' joke was fab! As far as Charon goes, I've new found respect for him. Seems like Kurono will team up with Shinra and Charon. Screw Inca( as always ). Really amazing episode!
Oct 17, 2020 5:02 AM

Mar 2016
Ao_Blue said:
Inca and Ritsu are perfect combo, both psychopath. lol

Charon is staying true to his job as a Guardian, he even protected Shinra.

Haumea suddenly became spiderwoman. lol

Arthur is dense as f. lol

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oct 17, 2020 5:05 AM

Mar 2016
Alvaritoterreos said:
Can't really understand how anybody can find Arthur's personality to be good????? He ruins the whole mod of the fight.
Is that Silas from FE: FATES? I'm currently beating Birthright.
Oct 17, 2020 5:13 AM

Mar 2016
No9999 said:
I see a lot of positive comments, Idk if I watched a different episode but the pacing was kinda awful?, why is the whole fight full of awkward pauses? (more than usual)

I'm also tired of characters saying obvious things out loud, right after you see it on screen, I'm like cmon this is not a kid show, why do they keep doing that?
Anime is all about exposition. So, yeah.
Oct 17, 2020 5:29 AM
Apr 2019
Most of the crazy ones are here, huh? I thought NBA finals is already over when I saw that basketball scene lol

David Production is here flexing their animations. OST is also one of the best parts here which makes the battle more impactful.
Oct 17, 2020 7:46 AM

Jun 2020
Good shit, but some of the comedy scenes are yet again poorly placed like most of S1
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Mar 2020
Gonna say this but...the antagonists abilities are way cooler and so much better than the protagonists abilities.

Nothing but fighting this episode something that Fire Force does a lot. The sexual reference and moments were a bit much to be honest it doesn't really fit the scene.

Ok episode :)
Oct 17, 2020 1:53 PM

May 2018
Legendary knight Arthur is too good haha

That squinty eyed guy is finally being helpful
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.