Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Aug 6, 2016 3:04 AM

Aug 2010
So it is one of the twins after all. But chains? I'm not sure if the 2nd time he was killed it was with chains though..maybe that was the work of the other twin?

This series' episodes' endings always give me a heart attack lol
Aug 6, 2016 3:11 AM

Jul 2014
blue-y said:
So it is one of the twins after all. But chains? I'm not sure if the 2nd time he was killed it was with chains though..maybe that was the work of the other twin?

There was a sound of chains at the end of the previous episode, so most people assume it was Rem. But what about the 1st loop? Who killed him then? :-)

blue-y said:
This series' episodes' endings always give me a heart attack lol

Welcome to the master of cliffhangers :-P
Aug 12, 2016 10:32 PM

Aug 2013
Oh hell, I remember this part from the manga.. it's gonna get gory.
Aug 27, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2015
Rem, why????

Oh, a fairy tail that Subaru told was beautiful...

This scene can be interpretated in two ways xD
Sep 6, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
I liked how this time he decided to be a guest instead and Ram didn't sneeze.
Beatrice was really great this episode, kept throwing Subaru and her attitude is just perfect.
Nice cleanup Puck gave him, almost died lol.

Ram and Rem keep trolling Subaru loving it ^^ Also noticed Ram reacted the same way like Rem when hearing the "oni" word and the story's most likely related to both of them.
So Rem is the killer damn o.O He didn't have much interaction with her this time around but still Subaru remembers... I doubt she would act of her own accord, must be Roswaal's order, wonder what's his reason..
nerfxSep 6, 2016 12:34 PM
Sep 11, 2016 2:27 PM
May 2012
Lol. The funny thing was that Rem was indicated as the killer during the very first timeline of this arc, where Roswaal basically gave her the order.
Sep 13, 2016 11:47 PM

Jul 2014
Sanyuu said:
Lol. The funny thing was that Rem was indicated as the killer during the very first timeline of this arc, where Roswaal basically gave her the order.
IIRC Roswaal said to kill him only if he is confirmed to be a threat, which was not the case at that time.
Sep 18, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2016
I'm done with this show. I just can't watch another episode of Subaru acting like a complete idiot like he has done in this episode, and the past five. What restriction is there against telling someone "Hey, I have this "Return By Death" ability so I know more about this world than you think I do?" What motives does this guy have so far that does not involve acting like a generic LN protagonist sucked into another world? I don't care about any of this anymore. To episode 18, and Rem's development later on: I'm sorry. I quit.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Sep 20, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2012
Nice build up till that ending I must say, really looking forward for the action between them, somewhere I was searching for a possible attacked and could pretty much only think about poison, the dog bite (infection) or an actual murderer being someone from the inside.

Let's see what's next.
Sep 23, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2014
Had to be one of the twins one way or the other.
Sep 23, 2016 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
Maybe now I'll finally see whats so special about this girl.
Oct 4, 2016 4:16 PM
Sep 2009
After that secret talk between main and house owner, I kinda expected it to be one of them. Though did not think it would be blue haired one.
Oct 10, 2016 1:54 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
GOOD STUFF, who would've thought it was Rem!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 22, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
Not too surprising that it was her since it was obvious his food was poisoned in some way but dam. That's just depressing as hell, especially how he was brutally murdered in the previous episode after getting to know her better :(
Nov 1, 2016 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
That big reveal at the end!!! Argh surely she has a good reason for this?!!? :(

Interesting to note that Rem reacted to Subaru's comments about being a demon, and now Ram about the witch..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 5, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 6:
Is good that Subaru don't go to depressed mode even after all the deaths, but instead looks for a solution. I expected something like the sisters or a demons to be the killers, but i think there is something more to it, that will be revealed in the next episode, like the why? Rem is like the submissive type, and Ram the bossy one, i think that relation is very similar to the story of the red and blue ogre. Rem must be controlled or commanded to kill Subaru. And like chekrdnickrs says "Rem reacted to Subaru's comments about being a demon, and now Ram about the witch" must mean something.

3/5
ArakitoNov 5, 2016 1:52 PM
Nov 15, 2016 3:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Rem!? ohhhh assessin!?
Jan 9, 2017 7:01 PM

Mar 2010
Well it had to be one of them but It would be interesting if he inconvenienced one of them on his side.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 12, 2017 6:34 PM

Apr 2013
So no surprise for who is the executioner, and we get again that interest for the word "oni" from the sisters.
Honestly that time around though, he acted so suspicious at gathering information, and then remaining near the house that the reason to kill him could be different completely, so it's just a confirmation of who the executioner is but not of why it is done.
BTW that cloth stopping the iron ball was completely stupid.
ZefyrisJan 13, 2017 2:17 PM
Jan 16, 2017 11:31 PM

Apr 2013
HA! bow down before me mortals!! though tbh guessing who the culprit was wasn't so hard, reading too many mystery genre books tends to do that.
Feb 2, 2017 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
So it was Rem but why? She better have a good fuckin reason cause Subaru's been stuck in this damn death loop for 3 episodes now.
Feb 4, 2017 3:17 PM
Aug 2014
What was with that John Travolta pose? Another rather uneventful episode.
Apr 4, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
I knew those two little devils couldn't be trusted. Kill it with fire!
Apr 22, 2017 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
Again a reference towards the "Jealous Witch" Satella.
It's actually Rem that killed Subaru twice now, that would explain why he died in his bed the last time.
Now to find out why.
May 14, 2017 12:37 AM

Apr 2012
Well that doesn't look like the monster that attacked Subaru at night, seems like there is a misunderstanding between the mansion and Subaru. Interesting fairy tale, am interested to know the meanings behind them to the main plot.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Jul 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
He reseted.
lol at Betty.
LMAO He finally asked to be a permanent house guest...and to eat and sleep all he wants.
Why everyone looked at Ram this time when she yawns and not when she sneezed from before?
Dat Ogre story.
lol at Emilia worrying about Subaru.
Oh shit! He got attacked.
Oh shit! I knew it was one of the twins. Well, I thought it was Ram originally from her conversation with Roswaal, but the Red and Blue Ogre story made me reconsider.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 25, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
Rem why I trusted you, you were the chosen one!!! No but seriously this is not cool Subaru has been through two painful deaths because of her. I mean I still prefer Ram over Rem but I suspect the former could be in on it too and it's not like I disliked Rem anyways.
I really hope Subaru gets some character development here, every time he dies no matter how agonizing it was he reverts to his happy-go-lucky attitude and that's not very realistic.
Aug 9, 2017 10:47 PM

May 2013
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS IT REM D': I thought it was more likely Ram bc she was in the headmaster's lap so I thought he ordered her to ;3 IT'S REM AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH D:>
Sep 10, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, what a surprise - Rem is a killer... Is it a maximum what author can do for 6 episodes with plot and suspense? Several episodes in a row everyone talk about Ram as cruel and tough one which can't do anything better than Rem, this clown - mage gave a mark to Ram to kill MC, and Rem was called by everyone as kind and gentle person the whole time, ridiculous, and then author just thought: "Hey, how about I just through away everything and will make insane trick instead of following to my own rules? People like bullshit like this, yes? YES?". But still Rem as a killer was second obvious option from two only possible. Author is totally untalented. Skinny and small maid is a killer with big morningstar on chain... Is it Black Lagoon one more time? Another terminator parody, no? Such a masterpiece...
Nov 8, 2017 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
i don't think its only Rem cause back in the mansion he died differently no chains i think there are 2 culprits
Nov 12, 2017 5:59 AM

Jun 2016
BRUUUUUH, FREAKING KNEW IT. IT WAS EITHER REM OR RAM THEN IT TURNS OUT IT'S FREAKING REM. WHHHHHY? WHAT THE FUCK! WHHHHY!?!?!

Subaru decided to change the pace and became the house guest instead of being the butler. Almost the same thing happened except Subaru's relationship with Rem and Ram changed since he's no longer working as the butler.

Subaru planned to leave the mansion on the fourth day to see who's the killer and yeah it's fucking Rem! Like what the fuck, maaan?

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 7, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2016
WHAAAAT!?!?!?! I thought Roswaal would be the killer, however, it was Rem all along!!! (Although, I did notice something off about Rem and not Ram)

Now finally, Subaru might just break this time loop, if he does... Then the story would advance further...
Feb 4, 2018 2:34 AM

Dec 2010
I demand an ED playing! Ok, I guess the setting wasn't exactly fit for it, but still..
Mar 7, 2018 5:41 PM

Dec 2014
It wasn't that funny, Emilia
Apr 5, 2018 1:52 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I was spoiled about this scene before, still, it was definitly a great revelation anyways, maids looked so cute, why?!? :(
Sep 14, 2018 2:21 PM
Dec 2014
@mozgow

Just as a continuation of the discussion in episode 5. It does seem like the MC is learning. This is more like it. I don'like it when the MC is too OP from the get go (hello Kirito, Momonga), so as long as Subaru look like he is trying to figure things out, I can put up with his antiques. The more clever he gets with his ability the more I'll like him (I guess that in that sense, him being a bit slow at the beginning gives him lots of room to grow).

I must say that Rem did catch me off guard. She didn't show any hostility when they went shopping in the prev episode so I thought the attacker would be a new character.
AxBattlerSep 14, 2018 2:36 PM
Sep 15, 2018 4:36 AM

Jul 2014
AxBattler said:
@mozgow

Just as a continuation of the discussion in episode 5. It does seem like the MC is learning. This is more like it. I don'like it when the MC is too OP from the get go (hello Kirito, Momonga), so as long as Subaru look like he is trying to figure things out, I can put up with his antiques. The more clever he gets with his ability the more I'll like him (I guess that in that sense, him being a bit slow at the beginning gives him lots of room to grow).

I must say that Rem did catch me off guard. She didn't show any hostility when they went shopping in the prev episode so I thought the attacker would be a new character.
Yes, he starts to learn how to use his ability effectively.

As for Rem, it took many of us by surprise. I was suspecting Ram, but not Rem :-)
Apr 10, 2019 7:16 AM

Jan 2016
what the hell? Why would Rem do that?!
Apr 19, 2019 9:28 PM

Jun 2015
goddamit i knew it, suspected it from ram's scene in the lord's lap. figured they had a relationship and they were both on board together about subaru being suspicious, and decided to kill him. but none of them would want blood on their hands, so they'd get the sister with (i think?) an inferiority complex to do it. for her dear older sister.
Apr 20, 2019 7:35 PM

Apr 2019
I LITERALLY JUST NOW REALIZED YOU CAN WATCH ANIME ON MAL SKSKSKSKSKS
May 2, 2019 9:05 PM

Apr 2014
-That Ogre story hit home apparently. Did Rem make Ram look better and it resulted in her getting Roswaal's favor? Is Rem trying to kill Subaru in order to prove her worth or something of that nature or vent out in frustration? She definitely has insecurities regarding her sister.

-Rom didn't want to hear the story about the witch.

-Subaru had a decent plan this time around.
ZeroDragonMay 2, 2019 9:30 PM
Jun 7, 2019 6:07 PM

Jul 2014
The parallel between Rem and Ram's hair colors and the red and blue ogre story is a subtle nod to the fact that anime character designers routinely take LSD.
D-ohnutsJun 7, 2019 6:15 PM
Aug 10, 2019 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
So he finally saw the face of his killer and it's one of the twins. She certainly doesn't look like a "best girl" anymore as people love to say. Also Ram was way more suspicious, are they working together after all?
Aug 11, 2019 9:46 AM

May 2013
Gator said:
So he finally saw the face of his killer and it's one of the twins. She certainly doesn't look like a "best girl" anymore as people love to say. Also Ram was way more suspicious, are they working together after all?

Perhaps an unneeded suggestion from my side, watch the show for what it is trying to convey instead of reducing it into a 'best-girl' contest, something that a majority of the viewers made it out to be.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 11, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2013
KreatorX said:
Gator said:

Perhaps an unneeded suggestion from my side, watch the show for what it is trying to convey instead of reducing it into a 'best-girl' contest, something that a majority of the viewers made it out to be.

Oh, I don't reduce it at all. It's just a show famous for the "Emilia vs Rem" discussion, so I presented my thoughts on that topic for now. I actually enjoy this show quite a bit so far and don't let other dictate my opinion on it.
Sep 22, 2019 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
I'm really impressed by Subaru. Staying so positiv despite the fact he died the night before in such a cruel way is just awesome. This time he choose to stay as a guest and not as butler. So these 3 - 4 days proceeded in a different way.

Subaru finally also managed to learn how to read and write.

It's always so thrilling and exciting for me at the end of each episode. But this time was an unbelieveable surprise. So Rem was the one who killed Subaru all that time? I'scared just by the fact that a little girl is attacking with such a giant weapon. I guess there's nobody else than Roswaal who could give her that order. Very curious to see how this will play out.

Nov 17, 2019 9:01 AM

Aug 2018
Dam the ending was dark, first, it was the red hair and now it's blue hair girl, see this is why I'm saying the MC is stupid
Mar 13, 2020 10:11 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Another cliff-hanger !
May 28, 2020 10:01 PM

Feb 2018
Ah, so it was Rem then.
Jun 26, 2020 2:02 AM
Jun 2020
Subaru is so optimistic after all the hardships he went through, a rare personality. I did not expect Rem to be the one who killed Subaru which suggest that Ram could also have the ability to kill Subaru. Overall, a great episode!
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2077 by Shadicgunman »»
Yesterday, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.