Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, the OP song is good for this show, liking it just as much as the ED song.

So Subaru apparently is more aware of his time leap skill now. Satella doesn't remember him yet so that's noticeable. Got a thrilling feeling from this episode and also glad to see Reinhard show up. I look forward to seeing more of him in this series. He and Subaru has some nice chemistry already.

Elsa's appearance really is chilling every time he comes in contact with Subaru...

Felt being a badass~
Apr 10, 2016 9:28 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Subaru didn't take long to die again, lol. Seems like he's remembering his previous incidents. Those alleyway guys are starting to get annoying. We got a new character introduced who's helping Subaru. Subaru bumped into his murderer, lol. Subaru also met that blonde little girl again. Seems like he's either really lucky or unlucky. Lol, Subaru thought that that woman would appear again, but it was that silver-haired girl.

Another good episode. I do like its slow pace, and it is a two-cour series so they have plenty of time to develop the characters. Also, OP and ED are really good. No ED visuals yet.

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 10, 2016 9:35 AM
Apr 10, 2016 9:37 AM
Oct 2011
Solid episode. I thought Subaru's cry for help was well done ^^

Guess with the next episode we'll be done with arc 1. Hyped for all the action to come.
Apr 10, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
At first I wasn't too fond of the OP but the visuals made it actually more ominous than lighthearted which actually fits the show again ( and I love the loop effect! ), freaking love the ED though.

They really do take their time which I'm glad for. I just hope people respect that and don't jump the gun. It's a 25 episode show so it needs its time to breath but somehow a good chunk of people expect the second coming of Jesus after the first 1 or 2 episodes. I can remember people saying Steins;Gate was jarring slow and "boring" at first but look where it is now. All in all I hope people have more patience or simply binge it once it has fully aired.

Personally I've always loved how he just randomly gets killed in a random alley by random thugs. I expected him to finally achieve his goal after 3rd time ( magical number 3 ) but the authors says nope and lets him suffer even more. The face of dying Subaru alongside the sounds he makes just gives me shivers when I think about stuff that happens later, jesus...

Now that I know how they will approach this I have more of a feeling when to expect what. And now that I think about it next episode will be fire. I expect a lot of Sakuga White Fox.
FappaApr 10, 2016 10:33 AM
Apr 10, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2010
With how easily he got along Reinhardt, you wouldn't think he they had just met. heh

Subaru's personality good attracting people to him for better or worse.
Apr 10, 2016 10:50 AM

Feb 2015
I like this show's OP & ED, and MC-kun is slowly starting to get better, and less typical annoying naive.

That aside, Reinhard is just as cool as he was in the manga, I just hope he stays as righteous and kind as he is now. I'd be sad to see if he was actually rotten inside.
Apr 10, 2016 10:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That is a really good OP tbh and the ED is great too
Apr 10, 2016 10:55 AM
Dec 2015
Well, I like the ED more than OP.

So The Climax for this arc is next episode, hope Sakuga Animation of White Fox for the action next week.

Felt being badass again, and finally The Coolest Guy has appears. I can't wait for Reinhard shows his power next week. He is so cool.

The pacing was great, I guess when Third Arc begin they will change the song. None characters (including Best of the Best Girl) from the 3rd arc has appearing in the First OP by the way.
NotThisShitAgainApr 10, 2016 11:12 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 10, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was good but the atmosphere and the characters building is so awkward , i'm not feeling these dialogues.

Next week is action, Good OP and Ending
Apr 10, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
Great follow up episode. Great that we see our MC get used to his situation. Also glad to see his determination, plus Felt was pretty cute this episode.

OP was really catchy and visually it was great. Next week shit should go down.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 10, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Op and Ed are great. Amazing episode of re zero. I was wondering how Satella found out about the loot house in this time line. I have a feeling it was the red hair guy that told her not to go there so she went there
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 10, 2016 11:12 AM

Nov 2014
I absolutely love this show, probably my anime of the season. I got chills, especially at the end when Satella showed up and the ending song started.

Hi there
Apr 10, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
Hi, there

I have to make this post longer so I'll just write some nonesense here and hope that it'll work

Apr 10, 2016 11:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
lezerman said:
This episode was good but the atmosphere and the characters building is so awkward , i'm not feeling these dialogues.

Of course, it's awkward. No one will know Subaru if he repeats time with dying.

Seems like it's a very faithful adaptation and Whitefox is taking the time to develop the characters. Good stuff.

Subaru already in despair, desperately trying to save everyone. Nice encounter with Satella at the end, but what was she doing there? Searching for the insignia? She will see Felt who stole it.

The encounter with Elsa was scary, damn D:
Apr 10, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
jirachi3x said:
Op and Ed are great. Amazing episode of re zero. I was wondering how Satella found out about the loot house in this time line. I have a feeling it was the red hair guy that told her not to go there so she went there
I think he is there too. Why would she otherwise left an empty space to her right?

Apr 10, 2016 11:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not bad for a follow up episode

Glad to see that it didn't take Subaru too long to pick up on his time leap ability thing and I'm glad that he still decided to do the right thing in the end instead of not bothering with the situation

I liked how the inner workings of time were in play here regardless of the fact that he changed things too like for example, how somebody else helped that storekeepers daughter find her way to her mom and said person was also broke

That Reinhard guy was pretty awesome and I hope to see more or him....Maybe he'll show up and help them out in the bar if the hot evil lady comes (I'm not gonna lie, everyctime I see her lick her lips it makes me wish that I can bang her right then and there lol)

Overall it was a great episode and I was surprised to see that Not Satella found her way to the bar.....It's gonna be fun seeing how she interacts with Felt lol
Apr 10, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Out of everything that has happened it's the chips that make him realize what's going on lol
Apr 10, 2016 11:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Also Satella is the ''broke kid'' who helped the lost child. Look at her chest.
Apr 10, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2015
I actually liked this ep more than the 1st ones. I have a question though
Did subaru rescue the market man's daughter in this timeline as well? Cause we see him mention it but it didn't happen infront of us again
Apr 10, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
This must be hard. Each time he resets, they become a little more important to him but he continues to mean nothing to them.
Apr 10, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
Raz1515 said:
I actually liked this ep more than the 1st ones. I have a question though
Did subaru rescue the market man's daughter in this timeline as well? Cause we see him mention it but it didn't happen infront of us again

That was referred to Satella. She is also "a broke kid" and still helped that little kid out even without Subaru. That's why he smiled because he was remembered once again what a nice person she is.
Apr 10, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
Poor Subaru, each time he resets everyone forgets him. That's the worse part about him dying each time. Man the tension was real when ran into the WITCH again. She's like a female Hisoka but much much worse. Reinhard seems like an interesting character, not sure what side he's on but he seems like a good guy.

Felt annoyed me a bit with how stubborn she is, but I guess it makes sense considering the environment she grew up in. Hope that Subaru finds a way to save everyone.

5/5 for the the tension alone this week. Opening song is pretty badass too.
Apr 10, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Good to see Subaru finally pick up on the fact that he is able to time-leap, as well as already seeming to understand just how severe the implications of this power are (or so it would seem considering how panicked he was when he bumped into Elsa). Also interesting how the show is doing such a good job at mixing up events in the time leap so it's not just the same thing over and over again; hopefully the meeting with Reinhard means that the next encounter with Elsa won't lead everyone to a bloody demise again. Either way, this show sure knows how to build up the tension.

I also really like both the OP and ED, particularly how dark and ominous the OP visuals are.
Apr 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Oct 2014
omg this protagonist must be the most mentally challanged idiot i have ever seen he took three times to find out what the hell was going on even though it was completely obvious
Apr 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2014
Subaru seems to have already caught on to his "Return by Death" ability, so it should be interesting to see how he uses his previous experiences to change his and Satella's fates. I was pretty confident that the person at the end wasn't going to be Elsa (who's creepy as fuck, but oddly erotic lol) and I was right, now lets see if Subaru can capitalize on this situation and achieve the results he wants. Reinhard also seems like a pretty chill guy and I look forward to seeing what kind of role he plays in future episodes.

As a side note, the OP and ED are pretty good.
thebrentinator24Apr 10, 2016 11:39 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 10, 2016 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Subaru seems to have already caught on to his "Return by Death" ability, so it should be interesting to see how he uses his previous experiences to change his and Satella's fates. I was pretty confident that the person at the end wasn't going to be Elsa (who's creepy as fuck, but oddly erotic lol) and I was right, now lets see if Subaru can capitalize on this situation and achieve the results he wants.

As a side note, the OP and ED are pretty good.

a shame he is complete retard that is incable of the most basic though process to understand what is going on way before the second reset
Apr 10, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2015
Nice OP, maybe season best?!
This episode definitely felt spooky, especially the starting.
Subaru realizing his "return by death" will make him more aware of the situations now.
Unlike Like KonoSuba, the show takes into more account of the gaming background of the MC, it felt like we returning on the cutscene evrytime we die in the game.
Excited to see the reunion of Subaru and Stella (still not her real name?!).
bluebear_toraApr 10, 2016 11:47 AM
Apr 10, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
kurapikasass said:
This must be hard. Each time he resets, they become a little more important to him but he continues to mean nothing to them.

It's a subtle but very saddening aspect about this whole revival thing. For example, he can have the most beautiful moments with a person but if he is forced to revive those memories are all gone. Not only that but he also has to act like they never happened. I wouldn't be able to treat someone as a stranger when I was so close with that person before that revival. This whole concept has some pretty interesting twists to it so look forward :)
Apr 10, 2016 11:43 AM

Mar 2010
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:
Out of everything that has happened it's the chips that make him realize what's going on lol

Um so? The bag serves as physical proof of what's happening and confirms his memories (i.e. as he's not going crazy). That's it's point.

As he says he's situation is hard to believe, and if told anyone about he would be laughed out the room.
Iron_MawApr 10, 2016 11:59 AM
Apr 10, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2015
Smudy said:
lezerman said:

Of course, it's awkward. No one will know Subaru if he repeats time with dying.

I'm talking about the way the author told us that, it felt awkward.

It's not bad, only something that i noticed.
Apr 10, 2016 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
Satella saved the kid again <3 she's awesome.

My heart was racing the entire episode.

That moment with Elsa had me like "Omg...omg!" Then he busted out that "beauty" comment and you could just FEEL the tension.

The moment with Felt was cute as well, when they were on the bridge.

That ending though...did not expect that, awesome episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 10, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2010
Very good OP both song and visuals and what's more it fits the series.

As for the episode, it was good as well, although naturally the shocking value is no longer here. Well the second episode was still good but something needs to start happening. One thing I am quite disappointed in was that the anime did not manage to express the emptiness that comes from MC knowing the other people, yet them not knowing him... maybe it's too early for that as the connection is not build up in the story just yet but this will happen eventually.

I also liked how viewer was given a hint to predict "Silver-chan" appearance at the end of the episode... . It was quite obvious that if MC's message "Don't go there" will reach her, she will definitely go there. I generally like such in-episode puzzles.
Apr 10, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
Man I have never seen an MC die so many times. The ending was such a relieving twist.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Apr 10, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2015
Another great episode. This series has potential to be my favorite of this season. The opening was nice.
Apr 10, 2016 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
mc remains a complete idiot it took 3 times for he realise what the fuck was happening and now he is able to fight easily against more skilled person even with he had never done any fighting training
also how the fuck did subaru knew felt went to her house?
gabrielrroizApr 10, 2016 12:04 PM
Apr 10, 2016 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
eso18 said:
Very good OP both song and visuals and what's more it fits the series.

As for the episode, it was good as well, although naturally the shocking value is no longer here. Well the second episode was still good but something needs to start happening. One thing I am quite disappointed in was that the anime did not manage to express the emptiness that comes from MC knowing the other people, yet them not knowing him... maybe it's too early for that as the connection is not build up in the story just yet but this will happen eventually.

I also liked how viewer was given a hint to predict "Silver-chan" appearance at the end of the episode... . It was quite obvious that if MC's message "Don't go there" will reach her, she will definitely go there. I generally like such in-episode puzzles.

yes it must be completely devastating for the mc to know that the people he knew for a few hours no longer remember him
Apr 10, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Just use word "Reincarnated" already, that would be easier to understand rather than "Return by Death".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 10, 2016 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
So much hype for ever episode. I'm like what's gonna happen next....
One of the best series this season
Apr 10, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2010
gabrielrroiz said:
estella being able to get to the hideout first than that woman makes no sense since subaru did not interact with her there was no reason for this to change

I barely understood what the heck you are talking about but how about you pay bit more attention? What is the one Satella could have done to find to Felt that she displayed last week? Besides Subaru as ended up delaying Felt in this timeline so she and getting to loot a lot than she would have otherwise making easier for Satella to find them.

And why so obsessed with attacking this show anyway?

Mascera said:
Just use word "Reincarnated" already, that would be easier to understand rather than "Return by Death".

Reincarnation doesn't work that way. It's process of how souls pass from one life to next, you never returned being the same person nor do ever go backs in time.
Iron_MawApr 10, 2016 12:09 PM
Apr 10, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2015
Nice episode! Things changed a bit. Looking forward to more.

Aug 2010
Good ep. Glad that Subaru figured out he's got a save point at the beginning of the ep.

Reinhard seems cool. I wonder how strong he is...in comparison to Elsa for example?

But really, Elsa's way too f'n sexy :L Dem lips. I guess not meeting Subaru made Emillia reach way faster. This is gonna be interesting when Elsa comes.

Subaru's got some moves tho dodging Elsa like that and all :O

The ED is so gooood <3

Apr 2013
Jagd84 said:
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:

Um so? The bag serves as physical proof of what's happening and confirms his memories (i.e. as he's not going crazy). That's it's point.

As he says he's situation is hard to believe, and if told anyone about he would be laughed out the room.

It's not like I was complaining. What you said is exactly my thoughts on the subject. I just found it funny, mostly because I'm really hungry at the moment. I thought to myself if I were him I'd be happy to know those chips were mine to eat instead of that old man, even if I had to die to eat them. I guess I'm weird.
Apr 10, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
mc remains a complete idiot it took 3 times for he realise what the fuck was happening and now he is able to fight easily against more skilled person even with he had never done any fighting training

Jesus that is the third time you rant about the same thing without bringing anything new to the table. Do you desperately want to give this show shit or what?
Apr 10, 2016 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
Jagd84 said:
gabrielrroiz said:
estella being able to get to the hideout first than that woman makes no sense since subaru did not interact with her there was no reason for this to change

I barely understood what the heck you are talking about but how about you pay bit more attention? What is the one Satella could have done to find to Felt that she displayed last week? Besides Subaru as ended up delaying Felt in this timeline so she and getting to loot a lot than she would have otherwise making easier for Satella to find them.

And why so obsessed with attacking this show anyway?

he also not delayed her in the second timeline where he went directely to the warehouse without talking to her and she still was not able to get there first
and i deslike everything about this show
Apr 10, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Fappa said:
kurapikasass said:

It's a subtle but very saddening aspect about this whole revival thing. For example, he can have the most beautiful moments with a person but if he is forced to revive those memories are all gone. Not only that but he also has to act like they never happened. I wouldn't be able to treat someone as a stranger when I was so close with that person before that revival. This whole concept has some pretty interesting twists to it so look forward :)

My weakness is anything revolving around memories, existence, etc. so I look forward to the pain.

Edit: Happy 100th post to me!
Apr 10, 2016 12:11 PM
May 2012
Sigsig said:
Man I have never seen an MC die so many times. The ending was such a relieving twist.

It seems you didn't watch many anime...
Apr 10, 2016 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:
Jagd84 said:

It's not like I was complaining. What you said is exactly my thoughts on the subject. I just found it funny, mostly because I'm really hungry at the moment. I thought to myself if I were him I'd be happy to know those chips were mine to eat instead of that old man, even if I had to die to eat them. I guess I'm weird.

sure the people saying they never knew him before are not proof that he has gone back in time or there being no woulds in his body but the chips are an undeniable proof
Apr 10, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2010
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:
Jagd84 said:

Oh, that's fine then. I'm just that it's not weird for small things like that to be the key to understand something. A missing piece of puzzle so to speak. Happens all the time in things like investigations or even inventions and such.
Apr 10, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
Fappa said:
kurapikasass said:

One of the most annoying things about Charlotte's character development...
Apr 10, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Fappa said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Jesus that is the third time you rant about the same thing without bringing anything new to the table. Do you desperately want to give this show shit or what?

what can i say this protagonist annoys me to no end
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

65 by ImHereForTheMeme »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

723 by AnimatedAddict »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

698 by AnimatedAddict »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

1093 by AnimatedAddict »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

526 by AnimatedAddict »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.