Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2020 11:39 AM
Dec 2018
Let's see how better this season will be than the first one
Apr 11, 2020 11:42 AM

Jul 2017
did this episode air exclusively on funi?
Apr 11, 2020 11:44 AM
Feb 2020
One of the best things about this episode is that it still feels the same way Season 1 felt. It was funny, relatable, and interesting all at the same time. Keeping up with the manga means that I know what happens as the chapters progress, but it still feels refreshing to see them animated. I literally cant wait to see what happens next, again. I really, really hope that considering how popular this anime seems to be, they continue towards season 3, where the plot should get REALLY interesting.

Plus, my girl Miko Iino is in this season and she's best girl.

Apr 11, 2020 11:46 AM
Feb 2020
A solid start to a Season. This made my depression go away again! Especially when they talk about the ABC's of love. One of my favorite Anime's comes back with a 5/5.

I spotted something during the end credits though and I was curious.
Apr 11, 2020 11:46 AM

May 2018
It's back. That Ai Hayasaki Mission Impossible thing is the highlight for me.
Apr 11, 2020 11:53 AM
Sep 2018
Long time no seeing good animes due to the virus but damn this episode came out with a boom!
Apr 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Kaguya-sama is back, and off to an okay start after a solid first season.

The manga where it's at is pretty unbearable for me for a while now so my opinions have changed on the overall franchise since season 1 ended, but this episode wasn't too bad.

The first half was pretty boring but I found the board game stuff to be pretty decent atleast. It was nice seeing Kaguya overreact in jealousy and sadness for a boardgame.

I didn't like Chika in this episode though. She was more annoying than cute.

Overall, I thought the comedy was very hit-miss here, but not necessarily the worst start overall. Not terrible so far, and the anime isn't close to where the manga is currently, so I should be able to find this season to be watchable even if not particularly good.
animejasApr 11, 2020 12:56 PM
Apr 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
TheOnlyGbE said:
A solid start to a Season. This made my depression go away again! Especially when they talk about the ABC's of love. One of my favorite Anime's comes back with a 5/5.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2020 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
A great start for the series look forward to the climax 😁😁 and too happy that it didnt get postponed 😭😭
Apr 11, 2020 11:57 AM
Feb 2020
JizzyHitler said:
TheOnlyGbE said:

Thanks for the Input! Gotta start reading the manga.
Apr 11, 2020 12:06 PM
Apr 2019
Nice start.. I laughed many times in this eps especially the board game part..
Apr 11, 2020 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
TheOnlyGbE said:
JizzyHitler said:

Thanks for the Input! Gotta start reading the manga.
If you do just keep in mind the anime jumped around a bit and skipped some things, alot of it is up in the air about whether its actually skipped or if this season is covering. This thread covers the one's skipped so far though this episode adapted one of them
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1761357

Its up to you if you wanna read instead of watch, this anime has proven to be an excellent and capable adaptation even with some unfortunate cuts here and there. The only reason I do kind of reccomend it over is simply cause of how far behind the manga it is sadly, like this anime season might cover up to chapter 90 or so when we are already at the 180 range in the manga

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2020 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
who is that middle school girl in the beginning?
Apr 11, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2009
It was a good start and a good introduction episode, glad to see everyone again <3 Kashiwagi x Tsubasa lewdness is also back lmao

DADDY DADDY DO

UnderminEApr 11, 2020 12:18 PM
Apr 11, 2020 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
Enjoyed the first ep, Happy to see that the comedy aspect and the animation is still the same, Opening is catchy aswell. This might top season 2 maybe, Who knows xD
BiisooApr 11, 2020 12:20 PM
Apr 11, 2020 12:26 PM

Jan 2019
Fantastic start to the season!
Apr 11, 2020 12:41 PM

May 2018
Exactly what does Kaguya planning to do with Miyuki given that she wants him to snooze a little bit anywayz?????
Apr 11, 2020 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
quirow said:
Dang it! They took out everything that was Pokemon GO related in the Hayasaka section. Still loved it nonetheless.
Lets hope hydrolic press channel still gets a mention

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 11, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
That Hayasaka beginning was awesome!!! <3

Poor Maki ... So funny yet so sad =(

The horror scenes were always great, scary Kaguya! Also Ice Kaguya appeared oO

Overall great comeback!
Apr 11, 2020 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
God, I missed this! Already laughed so much! Kept going back to laugh some more lol Gotta love this cast.
Apr 11, 2020 1:04 PM
Nov 2014
I am so glad Kaguya was not delayed, the first episode was so good!
Apr 11, 2020 1:05 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So glad that this wasn't delayed by Corvid 19. Damm thats some impressive reflexes that Hayasaka had. That intro of her was pretty cool. Inducing sleep by subtlety switching out Shirogane's coffee huh crafty move indeed. Hayasaka's methods for keeping out intruders sure fun as they were varied. To think that Yuu had such a short fuse when exposed to gloaters though. Still the two sure managed to get the council good. The board game though sure was fun. Kaguya sure had quite the roller coaster ride in the game though thanks to the card conditions. Its rare indeed for someone to not celebrate their own birthday though. The unique descriptions of their birth dates sure was interesting. Overall an excellent ep that featured the perfect blend of comedy and over the top emotional moments. Hopefully Hayasaka will get more much roles this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2020 1:13 PM

May 2016
Wow S2 starts with my all time fav girl Hayasaka <3

Chika is back for some cute stuff, and Shinomya is back with those blushes and great
expression of her couldn't ask for a better start.
Apr 11, 2020 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
Neko_Damashi said:
who is that middle school girl in the beginning?
The joke flew way over my head till someone told me, its a joke about the title changing, the unwanted middle child was a personification of the subtitle geniuses' war of love and brain being removed from the title. Apparently this was a gag in the manga and I just somehow never noticed.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 11, 2020 1:19 PM

Jan 2018
Finally! Waited for the second season for so long!

I freaking loved this episode so much, I laughed so much that I started to tear up and my stomach was about to burst! And the op was the best I watched it more than once. I honestly can't wait for next week's episode! I already know that this season is going to be a really good one!

icedmocha_Apr 13, 2020 1:24 PM

Apr 11, 2020 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
Best start possible, Ai Hayasaka is just a pleasant watch whenever she's on screen and that opening scene was just oef!! GOLD!

Never play a board game made by Chika, god that was priceless!!

Greatness once more, I am so glad this is back and not delayed!
Apr 11, 2020 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
HELL YEAH they adapted one of my fave chapters, the Game of Life. It was as hilarious as I remembered it lol. I also loved the ABC skit obviously, Ishigami and Shirogane never fail to make me laugh. Can't wait for the continuation of the birthday arc, it's gonna be great <3
Apr 11, 2020 1:39 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Glad to see Kaguya is back and isn't delayed. Thought this was a pretty good start, albeit a little samey.
Apr 11, 2020 1:40 PM
Feb 2020
WAS CAMPING ON MY FAVE ANIME LIST!!! I'm happy now UwU
Let the painful 12 weeks begin to finish the season .-.
Apr 11, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2015
The episode itself was great, but man, Funimation's subs are awful.

Apr 11, 2020 1:45 PM

Feb 2017
glad to see this back.
i dont notice in the first place, chika has the same voice actor with shamiko and i just realize it because chika sounds different and more like shamiko sometimes.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 11, 2020 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
First episode was worth the wait! xD Glad the team is back! ED was great too!
Apr 11, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2018
GOAT romcom is back let's goooo. Fantastic 1st ep
Apr 11, 2020 2:00 PM

Mar 2018
we will remember this day as the day kaguya-sama saved anime
Apr 11, 2020 2:05 PM

Mar 2019
Now we just for Episode 3 ED #2
ShinyOppaiApr 11, 2020 2:12 PM
Apr 11, 2020 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
Well it's back and is just as fun as last time. Hopefully we will get some more development between our mains this time. Chika best girl.
Apr 11, 2020 2:16 PM
Dec 2019
I have question on something that I've seen happen lots:
I've seen lots of anime that only have 1 episode out, and yet quite a lot of people have already rated it...
Do people change their ratings as the series goes on or do they just judge a whole show based on the first episode?
Can someone clear this up please?
Apr 11, 2020 2:28 PM

Feb 2017
So happy to have it back. Brightened my day.
Do animation and art feel more refined compared to the first season? Not like it wasn't good in the first but it feels like it's even better now.
Apr 11, 2020 2:29 PM

Jan 2017
It's great to have this show back once again! The comedy was just as great as always with my highlight of the episode going to the skit that involved the couple.
Apr 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Feb 2016
I missed this show, didn't realize how much
Apr 11, 2020 2:40 PM

Oct 2018
It took me almost one hour to finish a 24 minutes long episode.

I have stopped so many times, because I couldn't stop laughing 😂

This episode was amazing, really reminded me how much fun this anime is, and it's already the best one in the series IMO.

I must rate it 9/10 already, even though it's only the first one.

PS: holy shit that score 😱, that's way above first season. Can't wait for the overrated threads.
-Aincrad-Apr 11, 2020 3:27 PM
Apr 11, 2020 2:52 PM

Mar 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
To be honest, this was pretty... boring?
I dunno, I didn't like anything about it. This is leagues below S1 so far.

2/5

Yep, it adapted chapters just "okayish". The best one was the alpha one, But when a certain character gets introduced the season will be a lot better.
Apr 11, 2020 2:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Once again Kaguya-sama is back to bring joy in our lives. Five minutes into the episode and Hayasaka is making her claim to be best girl. My favorite moments was the Nirvana segment and Chika's handmade game of life.

The King of Love songs is back with another OP and its a banger.

Hopefully this series won't get delayed because that would be devastating.
Apr 11, 2020 2:56 PM
Jul 2013
OOHHH YEAH!!!
2020 is saved.
It was worth the wait.
Apr 11, 2020 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
I'm glad that this didn't get postponed.

I didn't say I loved it, but it was still a nice first impression and a few things I have to say about it:
+ The Hayasaka spy thing in the beginning was great.
+ The toilet paper and hand holding jokes are way too relevant to what is happening right now.
+ The entire board game scene is hilarious.

Also the OP which I believe was the one that played in the end of the episode. I like the new song and it still fits the same style as the first OP. Visual wise, however, it's more plain compared to the psychedelic nature of the first which somewhat disappointed me a bit. Although I do like the detective part with Chika, Ishigami and the other two girls I don't know yet, as well as the fact that it syncs well with the music. But it's still the 1st episode so I'm not sure if this is the actual OP.
Apr 11, 2020 3:01 PM

Aug 2018
Can we tell A1 to stop having THE BEST PACING IN ANIME EVER ! Everything flows so quickly and smoothly, all the timing are on point, you're not bored for a single micro-second, holy fuck it's perfect, the nostalgia of last year is hitting me back and I'm enjoying this more than anything.

Haysaka shows her coolness and wingman abilites, Shirogane is even funnier, Kaguya is more endearing, Ishigami stills OURBOYYY and CHIKA IS THROWING UMUS AAAAAAAAHHHHH IT'S SO FUCKING CUTE !

5/5 god bless it wasn't delayed give me another Chika Dance and I'll be send to heaven
Apr 11, 2020 3:03 PM

Dec 2014
I am so glad that this is back....hmm
Apr 11, 2020 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
I usually don't rate 9/10 at the start of the season, but damn this was one of the best episodes from the entire series. What a great start! With one episode, Kaguya-sama 2 is already the best thing I've watched in 2020. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed in the middle of the season
Apr 11, 2020 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
pilotinha_ said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
To be honest, this was pretty... boring?
I dunno, I didn't like anything about it. This is leagues below S1 so far.

2/5

Yep, it adapted chapters just "okayish". The best one was the alpha one, But when a certain character gets introduced the season will be a lot better.
I like her alot but I really doubt shes gonna actually shake up the series alot or make an impression on anime onlys so id not hype her up, if anything im kind of expecting some people to complain more so than her really be seen as something that improves the show.

Erwin_Sasageyo said:
Hopefully it doesn't get delayed in the middle of the season

That thought scares me but I really feel like if they werent mostly if not completely done the season already they would have delayed ahead of time. Someone was saying they apparently wrapped up voices back in january and thats one of the last things you do so they probably are finished.
JizzyHitlerApr 11, 2020 3:34 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 11, 2020 3:33 PM

Dec 2017
Fuck, this might be the best opening episode I've ever witnessed!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

305 by Ske80 »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

368 by Fauzan_Azhim01 »»
Jun 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

666 by LuzNoceda »»
Jun 10, 9:42 AM

» Season 4 ??

Khushal_v - Jun 5

12 by Kiyoko1190 »»
Jun 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.