Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jan 22, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2009
the concept for this anime is awesome. it's already better than SAO.

31 day anime challenge.
Apr 17, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm interesting. Another trapped inside a VR game anime just like SAO. Momonga seemed calmed about it though.

Anyway I'm still pretty confused about some things. If Momonga's the guild master then that place must be their guild's HQ. But what are the NPC guardians for? Do monsters occasionally attack them? Why's Momonga a skeleton? that's rather unusual isn't it? And then he ordered his cleverly named butler, Sebas Tian to scout the area outside but it looks like an outer-space void? What's the deal with this Yggdrasil game?

I'm curious and excited to know more. This episode showed a lot of promise.

Albedo is smmmmmmoking.
Apr 28, 2016 9:44 AM

Feb 2013
"Momonga", really? Boring first episode.
Jun 3, 2016 11:33 PM

Dec 2012
I laugh at the nae Momonga. lol

Albedo is best girl. Glad Momonga changed her setting, but unfortunately, he didn't change his body.

OP and ED were good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 12, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
Love the OP and the characters so far, looks very promising. Great first episode :3
Jul 15, 2016 3:35 AM

Dec 2015
I really liked this first episode, I think I'm really going to enjoy it
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 30, 2016 2:56 AM

Sep 2014
Really great first episode damn and the MC seems really likeable despire how he looks and a perv xD
Dat Albedo OMG , fuckin' 10/10 <3333, so lucky he changed her settings ^^
OP and ED songs not that great but visuals are nice.
Feels much more different than Log Horizon or SAO, I love it!

Looks like it's going to be a fun ride!
nerfxJul 30, 2016 6:07 AM
Dec 23, 2016 10:43 PM

Apr 2014
Very interesting start that provides a decent introduction to the world, setting, and the protagonist and his predicament. Momonga's nostalgic and contemplative personality combined with his gradually declining levels of shock and anxiety makes him personable and more relatable than he would otherwise be. He's investigative and sharp, which should hopefully signal some entertaining clever moments later on, and he's rational while still maintaining the human element with his uneasiness toward all of the unknowns that his situation has forced upon him and with a degree of awkwardness.

Albedo appears to be quite powerful seeing as she's the leader of the guardians, and her expressions and tone have ranged from that of submissive otaku-pandering to a powerful being both in ability and command. Hopefully she'll play a significant role in the events to come if this episode was any indication.

The art is solid, the music is alright. The OP and ED will take time to grow on me.

Not much to the story yet aside from introductory setup, but the protagonist being a villain should provide some interesting events.
Jan 9, 2017 4:30 AM
Sep 2014
idk what's everyone's problem. I loved the op!
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Jan 21, 2017 3:18 AM

Jun 2014
Finally watching this after putting it off for so long. I'm so excited!

It feels much less... serious then I imagined it feeling for the first volume of the manga.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 30, 2017 5:34 PM

Dec 2015
Imagine if Herohero would've stayed lol
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Feb 25, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2016
This episode one was truly amazing! I love Momonga because of his appearance but still sounds like he's in his teenager age. Its a copy of SAO though but still I'm already loving the series. I cant wait to watch more of this!

Set by SenpieX
Apr 20, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2016
The wait is finally over i can finally have time to watch this and holy testicles it's better then expected xD absolutely hilarious , and magnificent! i was recommended seeing /reading this like a year ago but man i had other suff to watch and stuff to do and lots of catching up to do! and i really gonna love this anime xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 17, 2017 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
This was average at best, it's kinda sad that I think the breast foundling was the best part about this episode. Gonna give it a few more episodes, tho,cause potential is there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2017 10:12 AM

Jun 2016
Liked that 1st episode. It's a decent one. I'm liking all the characters already. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 14, 2017 3:47 PM

Dec 2015
All the NPCs are more like a harem than guild members lol. Hoping we'll see actual human-interaction soon.
~
Oct 20, 2017 6:22 PM
Jun 2013
so we got a story that all the npc are not real people and only one real human. Kinda throws all weight out since it makes this animes universe characters well fake. Though if it keeps up with the comedy and doesint try to get dark then im in. I like to make sure this is real our hero does the perv thing....which I wont lie I would of done to. Also since the elf twins were made by this guys guild it must be filled with kinda weirdos.
Nov 21, 2017 1:08 AM

May 2016
Really good anime as I have anticipated.
Nov 24, 2017 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
Oh crap, he's trapped inside the game when the servers finally shutdown for good? So this like SAO with a twist, he is overpowered from the start. Same old but seems kinda interesting to me.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 9, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2016
An interesting start to the show, now I want to see how they are going to make an op main character with pretty much everything be interesting as well as show actual progression.

also im just binge watching this so I can watch Season 2 when it comes out in a month lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 27, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
I remember dropping this after watching this episode when this show first aired. Now I'm trying to it another chance.

Doesn't seem that bad, although the pacing was pretty slow. Albedo tho...
Jan 21, 2018 1:59 PM

Jul 2016
i had not known beforehand that it would be a stuck in a mmorpg (dmmorpg) anime, i thought it would just be straight up a demon world with lots of fighting and action. momonga's reminiscing of the good times with his guild made me sad. that little bit of comedy with albedo dulled my experience but it still seems like a great anime. wonder what happened to the other two guardians? i feel like the crew is a bit imcomplete..
Feb 6, 2018 12:09 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. On one hand, cheap uncomfortable fanservice scene, which is never my cup of tea. On the other, I find the protagonist pretty relatable. If I was the last person left in my guild when the server was about to shut down I'd probably screw around until it closed too.

That ending is giving me some serious Yandere vibes... I wonder how much that's going to be in the show proper.
Feb 9, 2018 2:08 PM
Jan 2018
Adorei a Engind Song do anime. Myth e Roid é um bom grupo.

A premissa é legal. vou curtir muito esse anime. Mas agora quero saber porque ele ficou preso no jogo...
Apr 6, 2018 4:32 AM

Sep 2011
So... was he trapped from a VRMMORPG like SAO and Log Horizon? I don't know if I understand any.

Apr 16, 2018 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
Cool start.
Two floor bosses didn't come to bow to him, that smells like trouble.
Apr 17, 2018 1:50 AM

May 2016
Wow, trap in a RPG game with 18+ mode is really getting pretty interested :3
Sep 17, 2018 3:51 AM

Aug 2017
So, this is the popular show called Overlord. Their designs are cool.
NurguburuSep 17, 2018 4:35 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 6, 2019 2:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Finally watching Overlod after so many years, not what I expected for the first episode.
Was expecting the MC to die or something and traveling to this world or something, this way got me more intrigued about it and just understand the MC, cuz wtf, servers were about to end, then he gets transported??
Hope this is explaned somehow, but so far, me gusta.
Albedo is a wild one too, as I expected.
Jun 29, 2019 12:34 AM

Sep 2012
Playcool said:
Finally watching Overlod after so many years, not what I expected for the first episode.
Was expecting the MC to die or something and traveling to this world or something, this way got me more intrigued about it and just understand the MC, cuz wtf, servers were about to end, then he gets transported??
Hope this is explaned somehow, but so far, me gusta.
Albedo is a wild one too, as I expected.

starts kind of like log horizon and no1 died there

and Albedo 😂

and him with hes group remind me of bal-masqued or how they were called in shakugan no shana s3

he was not transported back, he couln't log out in the first place, well when he did it at first and it wen't dark the log out was canceled/stopped, well thats how it looked like
Sugram22Aug 11, 2019 12:11 PM
Nov 13, 2019 11:23 AM

Sep 2019
This is truly a good episode. Fuk what the hell is this lol.
Feb 21, 2020 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
Flawfinder said:
This was one dull setup episode. Ignoring the fact that the episode I watched had really laggy animation (not sure if it was my Internet or not), I don't get what the hook of this show is. Some guy gets trapped and he decides to moan about it like a robot whilst getting ready to conquer the virtual world? That's not an interesting story at all.

There were hints of some cool stuff like the main dude debating reality and the fact that this game is shutting down, but it got lost in a bunch of dry exposition and pointless world-building.
When did he "moan" about it?

May 16, 2020 8:42 AM
Jun 8, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
So everything is basically his dream?

Well, I have no problem with it and it was interesting start but at the same time, this setting really feels bit generic.

Really wonder where this all goes in the end.
Jun 22, 2020 6:29 PM

May 2020
I finally have to watch the superior Isekai anime that everyone's talking about. Gonna look forward in the future eps. 4/5 impression score.
Jul 9, 2020 5:47 AM
Apr 2020
الحلقة الاولى كانت بطيئه بعض الشيء لكن بنفس الوقت كانت ممتعه لابأس كحلقة اولى
~•😐اتمنى ان لا اكون الوحيده التي تشاهد الانمي الان
Nov 19, 2020 12:01 PM
May 2018
the ending is fire
Jan 28, 2021 9:40 AM
Nov 2019
the opening and outro is really good,and i usually skip anime outros
Mar 2, 2021 1:29 AM

Jul 2020
Hmm nice, for the first episode, I like it.
Can not to see more of this anime
Mar 11, 2021 6:14 AM

Sep 2012
PrimeX said:
Hmm interesting. Another trapped inside a VR game anime just like SAO. Momonga seemed calmed about it though.

Anyway I'm still pretty confused about some things. If Momonga's the guild master then that place must be their guild's HQ. But what are the NPC guardians for? Do monsters occasionally attack them? Why's Momonga a skeleton? that's rather unusual isn't it? And then he ordered his cleverly named butler, Sebas Tian to scout the area outside but it looks like an outer-space void? What's the deal with this Yggdrasil game?

I'm curious and excited to know more. This episode showed a lot of promise.

Albedo is smmmmmmoking.

i know its been years new, but in case new ppl have same question

it was shown why in the beginning other players/guild raided their HQ and all NPC's inducing the weaker minions were defense against players, its PVP was about outwitting players with working together building best defense possible against other players while guild/players are the last line of defense, so if u had smart ppl in ur guild u were pretty much GOD, i mean ur Guild was GOD TIER, and the guardians are Bosses u half to beat to reach players to get to the raids PVP part, but ppl never got past the weaker mobs or bosses like it was explained in the EP

Mich666 said:
So everything is basically his dream?

Well, I have no problem with it and it was interesting start but at the same time, this setting really feels bit generic.

Really wonder where this all goes in the end.

tofei said:
Oh crap, he's trapped inside the game when the servers finally shutdown for good? So this like SAO with a twist, he is overpowered from the start. Same old but seems kinda interesting to me.

i think its more like Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu/How Not to Summon a Demon Lord series situation unknown force or some1 caused it

it would be disappointing if its just a dream or a coma
Sugram22Mar 11, 2021 6:22 AM
Apr 2, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 2021
estou desconfortavel
Apr 11, 2021 4:09 PM
Feb 2021
Whelp, that's one way to get Isekai'd.

This looks like it's going to be great. So far it's pretty interesting.

Looking forward to watching the rest
Apr 21, 2021 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
P1X3L_ said:
Whelp, that's one way to get Isekai'd.

This looks like it's going to be great. So far it's pretty interesting.

Looking forward to watching the rest

isekai became my favorite genre cause of this and Arifureta romance and or harem and or sailing ships are cherry on top of the cake, meaning this elements make isekai even better if it has one or 2 or all of them as extra
Sugram22Apr 21, 2021 11:05 PM
Aug 16, 2021 11:11 PM

Jun 2016
I know that it's what they call a DMMO-RPG, but I wish there was a line about it being a VR game or not. Spent half the ep trying to figure that one out.

The MC looks to have a lot of op items and abilities. It's making me feel a bit uneasy, honestly.
A-Simple-SquireAug 17, 2021 8:18 AM

Oct 23, 2021 11:55 PM
Aug 2021
I just realized that maybe this work has given great inspiration to my favorite fanart painters. very visible, especially in the visual ending theme.
Nov 18, 2021 8:14 AM

Aug 2020
I feel like I'm just rewatching Sword Art Online so far. Hope it gets better as the story progresses.
Aug 14, 2022 9:58 AM
Aug 2022
epic very epic in fact it was the most epic episode ever in episodes
Sep 16, 2022 7:00 PM

Mar 2022
Well after having someone I know on a Discord server constantly posting stuff about Albedo, I finally dipped my toes as it were and started watching Overlord. I must say I really liked it, the premise is very interesting so far, it did take a bit to get going but at the same time I'm not expecting a lot of activity to start happening in the very first episode. Momonga is very cool overall, when he's not talking to the other NPCs it's just the players thoughts but when he is talking to them, we hear the actual character's voice itself which provides a good perspective there. Really digging the opening and ending themes, Albedo is indeed a character I need to get keep my eyes on for future reference. Otherwise I look forward to watching more episodes. It ultimately looks promising from what I've seen so far.
Sep 17, 2022 9:28 PM
Jun 2021
the fanservices in this episode, idk...
Nov 1, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 2022
very good very nice
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

246 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.