Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2019 12:42 PM

Oct 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
10000000% he is not dead

You mean 10 billion percent, right?
Jul 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Sep 2018
Did they really kill off the main character in episode four? I don't think so. Wonder how he survived though.

The love confession delay was just stupid and pointless. If you don't want to deal with love in your story, don't write a love interest.

Not really enjoying the series so far.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Jul 26, 2019 1:00 PM

Jan 2016
ofcourse the MC won't die, but it will be interesting to see what will happen. If only Senku already had made guns
Jul 26, 2019 1:01 PM
May 2019
Wow, comparing to the first episode, I enjoy it more the way they're approaching the story. The tension is slightly lower and now we have a little funny atmosphere, while these flashbacks were awesome. Taiju is not a weirdo, he really met Yuzuriha before. I like the developing of the characters so far as well. So far, with this episode, better than what I expected.
Jul 26, 2019 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
Taiju had a bloody good chance of confessing his feelings to Yuzuriha and having it returned, but he ended up cock-blocking himself. Understandable that there're more important things for them to do right now, but I'm sure Taiju could balance restoring humanity AND dating a hot girl like Yuzuriha at the same time, right? XD

Either way, Tsukasa has caught up to Senku and was holding Yuzuriha hostage, even going so far as to slice half of her hair off. Senku's holding his ground, but it does lead to a cliffhanger at the end of the episode after Senku refused to abandon science in order to live on with Tsukasa.

Although, let's be honest, I highly doubt that Senku will just die after only 4 episodes into the show, so I eagerly await for the next episode to see how the rest of the scene plays out.

Also, I do like the flashback of Senku's childhood and how his fixation on science started. His father noticed this and went to great lengths to help Senku to make his dream a reality. His dad is awesome! ^_^
Jul 26, 2019 1:10 PM

Aug 2012
-Aincrad- said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
10000000% he is not dead

You mean 10 billion percent, right?
yes. forgot some zeroes
Jul 26, 2019 1:22 PM

May 2019
Really liked the episode, finally got some backstory on Senkuu.
But that cliffhanger though.
Jul 26, 2019 1:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
We all know MC is alive, but it will be real interesting to see how he pulled it off.

I'm more interested in the blonde chick that survived right now. Who is she and what will she mean for them?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 2019 1:54 PM
Mar 2011
I just don't like Tsukasa's reasoning for any of this. He obviously thinks technology corrupts, but staying primitive means that the strongest would rule and enslave the weak who have no chance of fighting back. The no adults part is dumb as well because it will just revert into the same cycle of growing old and hoarding power when kids grow older since Tsukasa isn't immortal and can't rule forever.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Jul 26, 2019 1:56 PM

Jul 2014
Freaking cliffhanger mate, gotta wait till Friday REEEEEE
Jul 26, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
What a great episode!

The bath scene was really good, i thought he was going to say everything to her, but i think it's better like this.

That ending....omg, that fighter girl will help them for sure!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 26, 2019 2:27 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode but a few problems I have with it.

Why is Taiju waiting to admit his feelings? That feels really stupid.

Tsukasa is kind of an idiot for wanting to kill Senku as he pretty much fucks humanity.

I don't get Senku's plan of purposely drawing attention to themselves with that smoke signal.

Also stupid cliffhanger ending.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 26, 2019 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
God, how much I would want to sit in that hot spring with the view of Mount Fuji... and that's coming from someone who doesn't like hot springs that much.

So they finally made gunpowder and they actually blew it straight after... quite literally. Yuzuriha being happy with her haircut was actually funny but it works on her!

So the smoke signals came from the girl we have seen in the opening. I wonder what role she'll have in the group/story.

Senku's childhood was quite nice, a bit over the top but funny! Even back then Senku has like 0 stamina XD

That's a cliffhanger but so early into the Anime, we can already guess Senku will be okay...
Jul 26, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2015
A really weird episode, still enjoyed it overall, but definitely the weakest out of the 4 that have aired.
Jul 26, 2019 3:13 PM

May 2015
It's a fucking shounen. Like I don't know what some of you were expecting. Suspension of disbelief is basically required for every shounen story, even the more realistic ones. Aspects are going to be exaggerated and you should expect that going into it. It just really surprises me how many people don't understand the basics of this genre.

As for the actual episode, it's the same as all the rest really. I don't think this is the best show of the season or anything, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. I like that Tsukasa isn't a completely heartless psychopath. He's definitely unhinged, but not to the point that he'll go on a blind killing spree and massacre everyone. He was only going to kill Senku if he absolutely had to. He's a lot more of a likeable character than I thought he'd be.

Jul 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Nov 2018
If the world hadnt turned into stone yuzuriha might have sold that bathwater XD
Jul 26, 2019 4:16 PM

Jun 2015
HaXXspetten said:
I don't know what to feel about this. Again, it's supposed to be a show based around realistic science yet you want me to believe the MC was developing Thermite and his own... Tesla gun (?) when he was like 12 or something? And then successfully managed to launch objects into orbit via a homemade rocket in his mid-late teens? People like that just don't exist. I kinda wish Dr Stone had been a seinen series instead honestly; if they just managed to make it feel consistently believable it'd be much easier to swallow. Right now it's mostly just about suspension of disbelief

Not sure what the point is of having a cliffhanger like that either when it is a shounen because we already know there is a 99.99999% chance that Senku would never be killed off just like that lol

"99,9999% chance" CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY "10 BILLION PERCENT CHANCE
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Jul 26, 2019 4:25 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
IAintAllBad said:
HaXXspetten said:
I don't know what to feel about this. Again, it's supposed to be a show based around realistic science yet you want me to believe the MC was developing Thermite and his own... Tesla gun (?) when he was like 12 or something? And then successfully managed to launch objects into orbit via a homemade rocket in his mid-late teens? People like that just don't exist. I kinda wish Dr Stone had been a seinen series instead honestly; if they just managed to make it feel consistently believable it'd be much easier to swallow. Right now it's mostly just about suspension of disbelief

Not sure what the point is of having a cliffhanger like that either when it is a shounen because we already know there is a 99.99999% chance that Senku would never be killed off just like that lol

"99,9999% chance" CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY "10 BILLION PERCENT CHANCE
Well, that'd have been incorrect in more ways than one :p
Jul 26, 2019 4:26 PM

Aug 2018
Tsukasa is probably one of the better written anti-hero ever created in anime/manga, I feel a very "Kiritsugu" vibe from him and his ideals. When you see him talk and act you feel he has respect for Senku and others but cannot go against his goal and convictions. He's so suave and calm yet so powerful and merciless.

I don't know for which to route right now because I also love Senku and Taiji as much as this guy, Doctor Stone is truly fantastic.
Jul 26, 2019 4:28 PM

Dec 2016
Damn what a way to end an episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 26, 2019 4:45 PM

Apr 2014
I need to read manga now, can someone say me the chapter from where to start.
Jul 26, 2019 5:02 PM

Dec 2011
That scene at the end? Yeah, that's believable. Can't wait for more drama and explanation related to how Senkuu got himself out of the jaws of death.

By the way that's funny how Taiju separated from Yuzuriha that easily and let her alone in the fucking forest, where not so long ago they had been ambushed by a bunch of lions, not to mention those enormous boars that roam the area, or other creatures that may do lots of harm, to say the least, to a defenseless human being. Taiju is so reckless he can't even take care of the person he's been thinking about for millennia.
Jul 26, 2019 5:12 PM

Jan 2018
Senku won't abandon science that easily. He built his passion for it since he was a kid. Too bad it ended in a cliffhanger.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 26, 2019 5:17 PM

Sep 2013
Some of the shounen logic with all the flashbacks and repeated lines really makes some scenes drag on.
Jul 26, 2019 5:28 PM

Oct 2011
Yay, next episode we'll be meeting one of the real main characters
uzeeJul 26, 2019 5:31 PM

Jul 26, 2019 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
Somebody needs to count how many times they say "stone world". It is driving me nuts.
Jul 26, 2019 6:49 PM

Oct 2017
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Fucking cliffhanger........................................Well, if tsukasa thinks he killed off one genius, well, there is another.

Holy shit Jimmy Neutron!?
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jul 26, 2019 6:50 PM

Oct 2017
I thought this episode was really good and I can't wait for the next to see how Senku lives getting the neck stab
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jul 26, 2019 7:06 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

It's a shounen show, I'd recommend people just enjoy the show for what it is.

Sucks they ended up cutting Yuzuriha's hair, like why? T.T

Madman Senkuu building rockets when he was in middle school. That was a sight to see. xD
Guess the probability that Senkuu's alive? I'm not even gonna say it. xD
Jul 26, 2019 7:22 PM

Jul 2014
Yuzuriha just got hotter, short hair>long hair.
Did Senkuu just.. die? nah, no way, the way they cut that cliffhanger is proof enough that he aint dead, just trying to be dramatic about how he gets out of it, still.. that was one dirty cliffhanger.
Jul 26, 2019 7:45 PM

Nov 2008
The most important part of this episode was that Yuzuriha wasn't wearing her headphones in the hot springs! She can take them off and put them back on! (And somehow they lasted 3700 years while nothing else material did...)
Jul 26, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2016
If the characters talked more realistically, this would have been much more interesting. Right now, they just sound annoying.

They should've just ended the love confession there, and continued the story.

I hope no one is dumb enough to believe Senkuu died. Usually, when one of the main characters is in a life-or-death situation, there is no tension because it's quite obvious that they will live.
Jul 26, 2019 9:01 PM
Oct 2017
This show is so unrealistic. 12 yo Senku with a plasma gun ? lol
Jul 26, 2019 9:03 PM

Dec 2018
Regardless of how strange some scenes here, such as how Taiju can magically know Senkuu is in danger, or all of us who feel the ending is very hanging, or people who laugh at it because well, the main character who is such a genius can't die that easily now, i think this episode is pretty good.

Rather than just commenting on shortcomings, doesn't someone realize that Senkuu's backstory is interesting? How did his father juggle his room into a laboratory by selling his car, actually quite touching.
How Senku made science became a part of his life and when he finally met and made friends with Taiju. And well, actually the characters in this episode look better, and i love this series absolutely. Genius MC like this really fit me lol.

And well, Even though many scenes make this and that based on knowledge or science and theoretically in the real life, that is true and successful (because im chemist lol), but this is anime world, with sci-fi genre, so there's no need to think too much about "it's impossible",or "can't be a child can make this and that" or "That is very dangerous for children to do" and so on.
Just take what looks good and don't put everything logically, because it's an anime, not a real life, just enjoy every movement there XD
JaneLynxJul 26, 2019 9:07 PM
Jul 26, 2019 9:03 PM

Dec 2018
Kxrumi said:
well, this's sci-fi afterall
Jul 26, 2019 9:04 PM
May 2019
ugmon said:
oh shit Senku got stoned!

but nah he will survive

we got a glimpse of that sexy blonde girl in the OP too

also a mecha Senku have been shown is that foreshadowing that Senku will evolve himself to a cyborg at least? (transhumanism stuff)

maybe he can also invent The Matrix at some point too

and lol at this

Mecha Senku is original scene by TMS to warn people to not try it at home
Jul 26, 2019 9:05 PM

Dec 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode again.

It's a shounen show, I'd recommend people just enjoy the show for what it is.

Sucks they ended up cutting Yuzuriha's hair, like why? T.T

Madman Senkuu building rockets when he was in middle school. That was a sight to see. xD
Guess the probability that Senkuu's alive? I'm not even gonna say it. xD

I think Senkuu still alive ofc XD I mean, he is the MC and well if we see from the OP/ED there're much scenes about Senkuu with new people there XD
Jul 26, 2019 9:06 PM

Dec 2018
NayRAW said:
ugmon said:
oh shit Senku got stoned!

but nah he will survive

we got a glimpse of that sexy blonde girl in the OP too

also a mecha Senku have been shown is that foreshadowing that Senku will evolve himself to a cyborg at least? (transhumanism stuff)

maybe he can also invent The Matrix at some point too

and lol at this

Mecha Senku is original scene by TMS to warn people to not try it at home

Right, because actually this's all about science and really can be harmful in real life😂
Jul 26, 2019 9:08 PM
Jul 2019
HaXXspetten said:

If you think a light that can petrified people for 3700 years and the people can come back to live like nothing happen is a perfect start for you to think that the level of realistic in this shonen is that "realistic", then maybe you need to read more scientific books. I mean... it's not even realistic enough from the start!
Jul 26, 2019 9:12 PM

Feb 2017
Such a motherf**king cliffhanger D:<
Jul 26, 2019 9:15 PM
Jul 2019
FuMomo-kun said:
If the characters talked more realistically, this would have been much more interesting. Right now, they just sound annoying.

They should've just ended the love confession there, and continued the story.

I hope no one is dumb enough to believe Senkuu died. Usually, when one of the main characters is in a life-or-death situation, there is no tension because it's quite obvious that they will live.

That is assuming Yuzuriha have the same feeling as Taiju. In a case Yuzuriha didn't feel the same for Taiju, the stone world will be bad for her because she has no where to run.
As a viewer we can guess the answer Yuzuriha has for Taiju's feelings, but try to put yourself in Taiju's perspective. Even on the old world where everything is fine, he need 5 years to confess. Apparently he has no clue of Yuzuriha's feelings for him. That's to be expected from Taiju though...
Jul 26, 2019 9:24 PM
Jul 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Big f*cking drama out of nowhere. Just say "I promise", wait for him to leave, produce more gunpowder and annihilate Tsukasa. What is the thing between the Japanese and "promising" ?

Tsukasa isn't stupid, even if Senku promised, there will still doubts in Tsukasa's heart. After all, he understand that Senku love science and Senku isn't the type to stop on his goal. With that, even if Senku promised, he might still going to be killed, because there is a chance where Senku might gonna lie.
Jul 26, 2019 9:28 PM
Oct 2017
JaneLynx said:
Kxrumi said:
Yes, but actually no
Jul 26, 2019 9:30 PM

Dec 2018
Kxrumi said:
JaneLynx said:
Yes, but actually no
dont think too much about that i guess, i mean, if you think too logically about it, you'll get despresed somehow. Because well, this is a fiction afterall, though many science there is based on real science in life. Im a chemist too so i can say this
Jul 26, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2015
I wish Yuzuriha was Senku's girl, too bad she is that oafs love interest. I like how they protected each other in that situation!

Others...Woow! Can't wait to find out how she/they survived!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 26, 2019 9:33 PM
Mar 2016
Damn 4 episodes in and the name sake of the anime and main character is dead.... really on the edge of my seat on the cliff hanger... xD
Jul 26, 2019 9:34 PM
Aug 2017
Wow that was really good, Senkuu will not abandon science.
I really love the contrast between Senkuu and Tsukasa ‘s characters, Favorite show this season hands down.
Jul 26, 2019 9:38 PM
Jul 2019
So, for those who still confused about how Tsukasa find out about Senkuu's plan, here's a bit of my thought:
-Tsukasa isn't stupid. Don't underestimated him.
-Senkuu has already use crossbow on Tsukasa once, but it didn't deal a damage on him. So, crossbow or arrow OR KNIFE(knife is stupid to be used for countering Tsukasa) is out of the question. But they need something to overpower Tsukasa. The first they need is gun powder, because with that alone you can deal alot of damage.
-Tsukasa is realized that it's impossible for someone such as Senkuu to run away in a rush and didn't have plan, so what is Senkuu's plan? Well, of course, something that can overpower Tsukasa. As I tell you, Tsukasa is smart, so he figured that Senkuu will definitely make a gun powder. Besides, Hakone(they can find sulfur in Hakone) is close.
Jul 26, 2019 10:11 PM
Jun 2017
Confirm!!! There are other people living on this stone world aside from them...

And ohh that young Senkuu sure does love science even when as a kid... hahaha

Lets see the next episode
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

162 by SevGilberto »»
Jun 9, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

339 by Komaek »»
Jun 9, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

484 by Mat2468xk »»
May 24, 12:47 PM

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
May 19, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.