Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 17, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2013
Yumeko once again wins. Sumeragi did a good job at acting. Her ripping out her nails was something...

I almost feel sorry Kaede. The Council President being there was a nice twist.

Sep 17, 2017 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
juicykitten95 said:

4. yabami uses her bullshit powers
or
4. yabami gets lucky
or
4. both

"bullshit powers" --> This is not a supernatural anime. Thanks for the input.

"gets lucky" in a poker game. Oh the plot hole.

Then again:

Gala_Lion said:

To be fair Kakegurui never was about the gambling nor it'ts games it is about the characters that play those games and their expressions of their feelings. it's not that the author wirtes bad gambling games but more that he is focused on the characters that are playing it.

This guy gets it.
Sep 17, 2017 3:48 AM

Sep 2016
Arima Kousei > Arima Kishou
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 17, 2017 4:46 AM

Apr 2017
Well, im kinda lost.
How Manyuda's hair turns white?

I quite got the game, but can someone explain what card Yumeko has to win over Manyuda?

Hayami Saori's voice is great again.
I absolutely likes her personality, kind of so determined.

The show kinda went down a bit lately, hopes they work it out in the last episode.

Anyone here felt quite sad somehow after all summer shows are ending?
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 17, 2017 5:08 AM

Jul 2015

lol This got me. Harsh but true.

I really liked how this adaption went. I didn't expect them to include Manyuda's bit of backstory in here since they never did with Yumemi and her mother, but they did, and I'm pleased. :)

He looks so beautiful with white hair (lol).

But now I worry how the final episode will be like. It doesn't look like they're being faithful to the manga anymore (which gives me a sign that this will likely not have a second season. Well, even if they did and they were still faithful to the manga, it'll take a very long time to see that second season since the manga's not that far ahead, tbh). Though I could be wrong and they will still be very faithful to it, but if they still do, then I know it will either be rushed or this series will pretty much end on a cliffhanger.
AmyTwoSep 17, 2017 5:37 AM
Sep 17, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
CrallyLystia said:
Well, im kinda lost.

Huge bursts of stress and/or depression from the great loss of the game, his "life", and being fired from the student council. That's all I got. lol

CrallyLystia said:
I quite got the game, but can someone explain what card Yumeko has to win over Manyuda?

Yumeko either had to win with a stronger hand than him, or have the same hand as his while having stronger/higher ranking cards. That was what she had. Both had three of a kind, but she had three jacks, which are stronger/higher ranking than his.
Sep 17, 2017 6:27 AM

Jul 2011
This gamble was nasty, but next time will be final!

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 17, 2017 6:27 AM

Jul 2015
That delivering was so satisfying, oh man.
Sep 17, 2017 6:39 AM

Feb 2017
Ugh the nail scene- I cringed hard!

Can't wait for the finale!
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Sep 17, 2017 7:04 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

It kinda became obvious to me pretty early on what Yumeko was trying to do by discarding the pair of queens. She did lead on and deceive Kaede excellently though.

Yumeko's red eyes are my absolute favorite. <3

I thought the masked woman was just related to the student council president, did not expect her to the president itself. xD

Hayami Saori was on fire this episode, props to her for that amazing performance as Yumeko.
Sep 17, 2017 7:37 AM

Apr 2017
AmyTwo said:
CrallyLystia said:
Well, im kinda lost.

Huge bursts of stress and/or depression from the great loss of the game, his "life", and being fired from the student council. That's all I got. lol

CrallyLystia said:

Yumeko either had to win with a stronger hand than him, or have the same hand as his while having stronger/higher ranking cards. That was what she had. Both had three of a kind, but she had three jacks, which are stronger/higher ranking than his.

I see, but those stress levels are slightly exaggerated, no? XD.

Thanks for the help.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 17, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2008
Kaede getting white hair was lol.

So, when the vice-president removed her mask, I just expected her to be the president's identical twin lmfao. Didn't expect it to actually be her...I'm a bit confused now!

I can't wait for Pres vs Yumeko. Much hype. Yumeko is so perfect. I can't even. I don't want this to end next week though :( S2 maybe?
Does anyone know how close this is to the manga?
Sep 17, 2017 7:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I can't believe a gambling anime could become something this insulting to my intelligence

Instead of having any sort of cleverness in play, we've now sunk so low as to just throw arbitrary amounts of money on the table and then someone wins by the author's whim (and when the protagonist literally bets her life, you know she's going to win anyway so there's no tension either)

Absolute garbage episode
Sep 17, 2017 7:57 AM

Feb 2009
Man that was intense. What happened to that guy did he die or something? They just carried him off lol.

Anyway the president is gonna trash this hoe. Prez ftw!
Sep 17, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2015
CrallyLystia said:
AmyTwo said:

I see, but those stress levels are slightly exaggerated, no? XD.

Thanks for the help.

Oh definitely. Nearly everything here is pretty much exaggerated. lol

You're welcome.

sarroush said:
Kaede getting white hair was lol.

So, when the vice-president removed her mask, I just expected her to be the president's identical twin lmfao. Didn't expect it to actually be her...I'm a bit confused now!

S2 maybe?
Does anyone know how close this is to the manga?

The anime currently adapted 5 volumes of the manga, on the 27th chapter. The manga's currently at the 43rd or 44th chapter, so even if there is going to be a second season, I doubt we'll see it for a long time.

Though I'm not sure if there will be a second season. It looks like they're doing something completely different from the manga now, based on how the episode ended and the preview of the next one. If they do something completely different as the finale instead of being faithful to the manga, then I doubt there will be another season. Even if they didn't, the next game would have been very rushed as the finale, unless they decide to end this series on a cliffhanger or make the next episode an hour or something (lol).
AmyTwoSep 17, 2017 8:31 AM
Sep 17, 2017 8:09 AM
Jul 2016
HaXXspetten said:
I can't believe a gambling anime could become something this insulting to my intelligence

Instead of having any sort of cleverness in play, we've now sunk so low as to just throw arbitrary amounts of money on the table and then someone wins by the author's whim (and when the protagonist literally bets her life, you know she's going to win anyway so there's no tension either)

Absolute garbage episode

What in the world? How can anyone get insulted? I do not see anything that insults anyone's intelligence. I find it VERY odd to feel like that. All they did was throw a bunch of money on the table to hope to have the "choice" to get a greater advantage at winning. That's not insulting. That's just normal or basic playing.

Knowing that the protagonist will win because of that sort of thing isn't anything new either, especially in gambling series. If the MC lost while risking something like this it would have been game over for the MC. Of course that's not gonna happen.

SakuraForever said:
Man that was intense. What happened to that guy did he die or something? They just carried him off lol.

Oh, no, he became the next Kishou Arima.
M49Sep 17, 2017 8:13 AM
Sep 17, 2017 8:10 AM

Nov 2013
Manyuda Kaede > Kaneki v.02
Sep 17, 2017 8:15 AM

Nov 2014
This episode put this show over the top for me. That was incredible.

5/5
Sep 17, 2017 8:22 AM
Dec 2015
This thing is closer to Shokugeki no soma than NGNL, how she gets life, so m a betting his career. Winning with some Deux Machina and most important the expressions of the people involved.
Sep 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
The censor on this show is really ruining it. How much I wanted for this to show up!

When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 17, 2017 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
dasprn said:
The censor on this show is really ruining it. How much I wanted for this to show up!

Oh yeah, I forgot that! Yeah, they did. The hell. I have no idea why they're censoring this sort of thing in such a way. Even making it all mega pixelated like people usually do is a bit better. lol
Sep 17, 2017 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
AmyTwo said:
dasprn said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that! Yeah, they did. The hell. I have no idea why they're censoring this sort of thing in such a way. Even making it all mega pixelated like people usually do is a bit better. lol

True that
Such censor are lacking the thrill of madness<

Sep 17, 2017 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
dasprn said:

Tbh I prefer anime version. Definitely.
I don't think that they censored it. It's just different (much better for me as I said) direction. It's basically the same, but portrayed in more clever way than simple, ordinary 'fuck you'.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 17, 2017 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
Idk why, but I feel really bad for Kaede-san and Jabami pissed me off in this episode. Haha. Jesus. I feel bad for him. What the fuck. This show is too much. Good thing the next episode will be the last. Lmfao. I mean seriously I already did see that Jabami will win. Haha.

Well, shit. The last episode will be Jabami vs Kirari. Can't wait.

P.S. Never mind. I

BlackCicero said:
The whole thing with Sumeragi's nails was completely unnecessary. lol It was a good episode though

Same thoughts. Lmfao.
TheDoggoneGirlSep 17, 2017 9:16 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 17, 2017 9:14 AM

Feb 2014
rsc-pl said:
dasprn said:

Tbh I prefer anime version. Definitely.
I don't think that they censored it. It's just different (much better for me as I said) direction. It's basically the same, but portrayed in more clever way than simple, ordinary 'fuck you'.

Normal is formal,eh?

Sep 17, 2017 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
Ok 10/10. I'm done.

Sep 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
I stopped watching when Kaede Manyuda didn't raise all-in after Yumeko raised to 20 chips at the first hand. Just push all your chips, say weaker. f*s this entire anime is unwatchable.
Sep 17, 2017 9:58 AM
Jul 2016
froggy25 said:
I stopped watching when Kaede Manyuda didn't raise all-in after Yumeko raised to 20 chips at the first hand. Just push all your chips, say weaker. f*s this entire anime is unwatchable.

He was continuously raising to show them that it was futile to oppose him on the sort of thing continuously, and did it at the end after seeing that they were that stubborn, but even then, he didn't know they would bet both of their whole lives, and he didn't have enough money in comparison unless he bet his too. And he thought that they wanted to go for weaker and get and greater advantage due to how much they keep throwing on the table to get the choice, so he stuck with his usual "the strong wins" strategy. How is this unwatchable? Just because you thought it was obvious that they'd win? If it the whole thing was unwatchable, why did you keep watching?
Sep 17, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
1idd0kun said:
owlette said:
i'm confused, how was the president in 2 places at once? or was it kind of like a flashback? as in, how was she at the family reunion thing at the same time? is it because they're twins and talk exactly the same

They're twins, yeah. I think they swap places pretty often so it's probably impossible to tell which one is which.

so they both have the exact same personality and goals as well? as in, are they both insane like the President appears to be?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 10:48 AM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:

Absolute garbage episode

You're definitely overreacting.

Sep 17, 2017 10:49 AM
Aug 2016
AmyTwo said:
CrallyLystia said:
Well, im kinda lost.

Marie Antoinette syndrome.
Sep 17, 2017 11:24 AM
Jun 2016
I expected the president to show up at some point, and figured she would okay the bet, never expected her to be the dealer.
Sep 17, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2016
I really hope they get a season 2... idk how their going to end this (unless they manage to fit the next arc in one episode)

Sep 17, 2017 11:27 AM
Jun 2016
CrallyLystia said:
Well, im kinda lost.

Hayami Saori's voice is great again.
I absolutely likes her personality, kind of so determined.

The show kinda went down a bit lately, hopes they work it out in the last episode.

Anyone here felt quite sad somehow after all summer shows are ending?

It's a old urban myth that extreme fear/fright can turn your hair white.
Sep 17, 2017 11:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm probably totally alone on this, but I want Yumeko and the Council president to in the paroxism of the wagering to just violently make out with each.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 2017 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
Manyuda got played so hard lol

Things are going to be intense in the final episode just going off the conversation we got to see in this episode between Yumeko and the prez

I can't wait for the final episode of what has been a surprise hit anime this season!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 17, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
VinnyLam said:
AmyTwo said:

Marie Antoinette syndrome.

Oh, I never heard of this before until now. That's neat. I always thought it was just something that anime/manga did to make the sort of thing instant instead of slowly, but it's based on something real after all.
Sep 17, 2017 2:56 PM

Mar 2015
Yumeko is savage the crazier she gets the more I like her strangely??
Good episode overall I also enjoyed the part where the president turned out to be behind the mask.
Also it's making me question next episode since it'll be last I wonder if we'll even see a proper gambling game between Pres & Yumeko without it being rushed which is why I think it might end up as a filler.
I hope this gets a second season though.

Farabeuf said:
I'm probably totally alone on this, but I want Yumeko and the Council president to in the paroxism of the wagering to just violently make out with each.

+1 here
dokidokiSep 17, 2017 3:00 PM

yeehaw
Sep 17, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
I think we all knew he would lose pretty bad.. Didn't think he'd be so gullible, though.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 17, 2017 3:03 PM

Aug 2016
excellent episode, exciting and fun to the limit, I'm very perplexed and shocked with the scripts between Yumeko and the other characters, has a unique essence, reminds me of Revy of Black Lagoon, if you ask me why, I really don't know but I love her personality.

Good Episode.
5/5

Beast among mortals.
Sep 17, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
Zelev said:
I think we all knew he would lose pretty bad.. Didn't think he'd be so gullible, though.

The most prideful or arrogant people can be lead into being some of the dumbest.

Along with having so much power with the position he was in, Manyuda is very smart and quite careful, but he knew this all too well, which made him continue to be arrogant and not really that careful anymore. Thus becoming easily tricked. As Sumeragi said herself, he lost simply because he kept underestimating her (and Yumeko), and remained cocky with his usual method.

The usual theme of the series. With how many times the opponents have been winning overall, along with the much higher position they were in compared to their opponent/s, they become so confident that they wouldn't think anything bad or unsatisfying would happen to them. Even more so if they were cheating since they have such control over who will win or not. Then there's the fact that since in general they're a bunch of spoiled high school brats, they would think that nothing would stop from what they kept doing, even if what they were doing actually could have been easily countered by someone who thinks a bit outside of the box. Thus them being tricked, manipulated, or countered by even the simplest methods. Even Ikishima displayed this kind of behavior by forcing them to play the game only she herself wanted and to try to control in the way that only she would like it.
AmyTwoSep 17, 2017 3:26 PM
Sep 17, 2017 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
AmyTwo said:
Zelev said:

The most prideful or arrogant people can be lead into being some of the dumbest.

Along with having so much power with the position he was in, Manyuda is very smart and quite careful, but he knew this all too well, which made him continue to be arrogant and not really that careful anymore. Thus becoming easily tricked. As Sumeragi said herself, he lost simply because he kept underestimating her (and Yumeko), and remained cocky with his usual method.

The usual theme of the series. With how many times the opponents have been winning overall, along with the much higher position they were in compared to their opponent/s, they become so confident that they wouldn't think anything bad or unsatisfying would happen to them. Even more so if they were cheating since they have such control over who will win or not. Then there's the fact that since in general they're a bunch of spoiled high school brats, they would think that nothing would stop from what they kept doing, even if what they were doing actually could have been easily countered by someone who thinks a bit outside of the box. Thus them being tricked, manipulated, or countered by even the simplest methods. Even Ikishima displayed this kind of behavior by forcing them to play the game only she herself wanted and to try to control in the way that only she would like it.

True, but in this episode he didn't even second-guess that she was going for a weak hand. That was very odd to me considering he second-guessed everything the literal episode before. And yes, I know he was cocky. Still, it just seemed like an ass pull on the writer's part.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 17, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
That was the best surprised "huh" I've heard in a long time. Manyuda was one of the 2 I wanted to see get owned the most. Now I just need annoying chibi-chan to get rekted and I'll be satisfied.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 17, 2017 3:45 PM
Mar 2016
looks like they're going for a different season ending than what the manga has
Sep 17, 2017 4:03 PM
May 2016
It was a very well adapted episode, but the next will be really really problematic. It seems that the tower arc will be not adapted according to the review of the next episode. And if they don't adapt it I have no idea how they will continue the show later. And that's a shame because the tower arc was the best in the manga.
Sep 17, 2017 4:34 PM
Aug 2016
Nitsuke said:
It was a very well adapted episode, but the next will be really really problematic. It seems that the tower arc will be not adapted according to the review of the next episode. And if they don't adapt it I have no idea how they will continue the show later. And that's a shame because the tower arc was the best in the manga.

Worst of all, having a filler final episode might reduce the chances of a second season.
Sep 17, 2017 5:05 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Fantastic episode. Just the right amount of cray and intensity in Jabami and Kaede's match. I lol'd so hard when Jabami ended up showing her hand and Kaede instantly cracked up with his voice sounding so light and him knocking out and having white hair from all that stress.

Very excited for the finale. Thought they wouldn't have Jabami face the prez and leave us with some cliffhanger or something tbh.

Sep 17, 2017 5:14 PM

Jul 2015
Zelev said:
AmyTwo said:

True, but in this episode he didn't even second-guess that she was going for a weak hand. That was very odd to me considering he second-guessed everything the literal episode before. And yes, I know he was cocky. Still, it just seemed like an ass pull on the writer's part.

I can understand how you feel in this regard. I suppose the pressure of the president revealing herself and that they were able to get the choice of stronger or weaker in the way he didn't accept and as that much money to bet on got the best of him and not made him as calculating as before, along with how Sumeragi was acting at the end (making him feel that he's right on the mark)? Well, that's the only other way I can best say it to try and make it feel less like an asspull. lol
Sep 17, 2017 6:48 PM

May 2016
Zelev said:
AmyTwo said:

?

But he did think that she was going for a weaker hand, as soon as she discarded two queens, unless you were saying that he didn't think that that was probably what she wanted him to do.
Sep 17, 2017 6:48 PM
Jul 2009
owlette said:
1idd0kun said:

They're twins, yeah. I think they swap places pretty often so it's probably impossible to tell which one is which.

so they both have the exact same personality and goals as well? as in, are they both insane like the President appears to be?

Yeah. For example, if we take this episode as face value, the one at the beginning of the episode who was talking to the other member of the Bami family was the Vice President, but she was acting like the President. But then, can we be sure she was really the Vice President and not the President herself? And what about the one who's about to gamble with Yumeko? Can we be sure she's the President and not the Vice President?

No, we can't. These two probably have lived their whole lives swapping roles. They're pretty much one person in two bodies at the point.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

181 by saipulipoel »»
Oct 6, 3:49 AM

» Where the heck to start the manga after the anime

someguy - Sep 28

14 by RichRinJin »»
Sep 29, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

466 by deepole »»
Sep 24, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

218 by Julyking59 »»
Aug 20, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

122 by Artromex »»
Aug 7, 7:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.