Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jun 11, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2010
So much stuff revealed this episode, so many damn unanswered questions! But I guess now some things are slowly starting to make more sense... Perfect time to start forming some more logical theories, finally!
Jun 14, 2017 4:56 PM

Apr 2014
really enjoyed this episode. i like ymir a lot, her past is kinda tragic though :'(

is it bad that i was kinda cheering on for ymir and the rest to get away? i just can't help but root for her. sigh, what a mess this situation is

it's so sad though, because Christa will probably never trust Ymir again if she even gets a chance to interact with her. i have a bad feeling Ymir will die soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
I think this might have been my favorite episode of the entire series so far!
GREAT EPISODE!!!
Jun 16, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2013
Normally, I'd hate Ymir for pulling that shit but not today. If I didn't care much about her then, didn't even remember her from the first season, I'm liking her now/ She's so desperate and selfish I just can't help but like her.
Jun 16, 2017 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
i got chills when Ymir ate Christa
Jun 16, 2017 9:01 PM

May 2013
Best uncle award goes to.........*drumroll* HANNES <3 :')
Jun 17, 2017 12:58 AM

Mar 2009
Huh. That Ymir backstory was really interesting. It's been a while since I've read the manga, but I don't remember Ymir ever getting any type of backstory. Gave her character more depth, so props to the anime writers.
Jun 17, 2017 1:47 AM

Aug 2012
Mormegil said:
Huh. That Ymir backstory was really interesting. It's been a while since I've read the manga, but I don't remember Ymir ever getting any type of backstory. Gave her character more depth, so props to the anime writers.
The backstory was much further a head in the manga.
Jun 17, 2017 6:00 PM

Mar 2009
sim0n2170 said:
Mormegil said:
The backstory was much further a head in the manga.

Oh, well. It was cool either way.
Jun 17, 2017 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
Mmmm, Krista tasty, om nom nom.

Intense stuff.
Jun 18, 2017 11:36 PM

May 2016
I was surprised that Ymir's past was included in here so early. I didn't even get to that part yet in the manga lol. It was beautifully done and the moment Ymir got away from her 60-year punishment was full of feels. I wonder what kind of Titan Marcel could've been.

The syringe held by a guard seen being used on Ymir and her other followers must be from that serum Eren's dad had. It explained so much yet left more questions as well.

Jun 19, 2017 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
some facts from this episode

- Ymir is an orphan brought by someone to be an image of their religion
- suddenly an army of soldiers, wearing 1900 style army clothes barge in and "execute" everyone
- they inject something chemical before being thrown, result in transformation into a titan
- a person could live long enough as a titan, but to return to human, they should eat human first

what confroversial are
- Bertholdt and Ymir said they didn't remember when they're titan, but aren't they always in control when shifting? or it has something to do with first time shifting?
- eren didn't get injected by some chemical, it's like a natural talent shifter related, or he may be injected by his father long ago.
- as far as I know, eren never killed/eat human, and yet he can turn into human after shifting into titan. maybe it has something to do with natural talent shifter i'm talking about. that also goes for Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie.
Jun 19, 2017 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
Hannes is really pushing his death flag faster.
Jun 20, 2017 3:51 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm...we really got a lot of info this time unlike last week.

First the titans seems to be all transformed humans(kind of expected considering their weak point), even the brainless ones and they get their human form and sanity if they eat one of the human transforming titans it seems.
So Eren was actually a crazy Titan running around and he ate someone like him to be able to turn human again? Kind of mysterious considering he had a mother and all and we have seen him since he was a kid. Maybe his father feed it to him in some other way.

Also by seeing Yumir flashback we have to wonder where was that place she was? Inside the wall or some other place where humans exist?
Who is this king and what were those cult like guys exactly worshiping her for?
At least now we know why that titan in the Ova talked like she was a princes or something. It seems he was a part of that cult.
Lastly and more importantly it seemed like all the people they were throwing down the wall were turning into titans. We saw yellow lights before Yumi was thrown.
So what exactly was it that was turning them there? So humans are creating titans in the form of punishment? We hurt a stabbing sound and then they threw her down.
What were they stabbing them with? Was that what turned them into titans?
If all this was inside the wall we know then some people there no very well the secret behind the titans and how to make them etc.
Jun 21, 2017 4:48 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm so some things regarding the titans in gernel got explained but a lot of other questions accrued. I don't know if every single titan was/is human but most of them are. The titan in Connies village is definitely his mother, the question is who did this to her?

We saw a lot more of Ymirs past. She was really cute as kid. I don't understand why she got chosen for being a descendant of the king. She had a good life but that ended fast. Who were these people with the guns? They're definitely responsible for the titan transformations. When this one guy kicked Ymir down the wall he gave her an injection right before. What's the reason for this? And how is it even possible to transform humans into titans?

Crazy if you think about that Ymir lived as a titan for 60 years and she also killed the friend of Reiner and Bertold. So does that mean if you eat a human as a titan you transform back? At least it seems like it. Eren transformed back because he had no more power, so I'm also not sure about this.

Was a little bit funny to see how Eren tried to fight Reiner without half of his arms. The survey corps are really close to them, so Reiner and Bertold had to escape way earlier as they normally wanted.

Ymir baited Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Jean and Krista to her. When she saw Krista she hesitated not a single second and ate her like Annie did with Eren in the first season. And now they're all on the run on Reiners back.
At this point I wonder if Reiner is able run such a long distance. He isn't really fast and it must cost so much power for him especially after that fight with Eren.

I have a baaaad feeling about Hannes. I love how he wants to give everything to rescue Eren but this feeling :-/
Natsu88Jun 21, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 23, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2008
Nazi purging the Jews wut

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 3, 2017 6:57 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting backstory to be honest, but what was up with that ending?

Well let's see what the last two episodes of this season has to offer!
Jul 9, 2017 2:20 PM

Jul 2009
So, Connie's mom is really a titan, it was clear, but still...
It was great seeing Ymir's story.
Jul 30, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2016
I am not saying 4 years waiting for seconds season to get some manga stuff just few months old in it worth it... but... well... its something.

It sort of works we getting really qualit second season here. Well ok thats discutable and subjective, but at least for me, it unexpectendly thrilling me that old manga stuff is getting mixed with new manga experince.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 10:39 PM
Mar 2017
Never liked Ymir, just dislike her more now.
Aug 1, 2017 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
Touching seeing Ymir's backstory.
Also we get to see how Titans are made? - I believe so at least, as we see the girl before Ymir get stabbed with a syringe and dropped down the wall and the same flash occurs as when humans transform into Titans.
To think it took her 60 years before she was able to eat a human and turn back into a human.

So eating a human for the first time makes them able to transform on will? - That would mean Eren had to have been fed a human at a very young age and stabbed. ... or maybe he's a special case ...

Gah so many questions which will not be answered until Season 3 probably.
Aug 8, 2017 11:50 AM
Aug 2014
Ymir's backstory didn't really work for me. She was homeless, then a figurehead for a religion, then turned into a Titan and after eating a human and turning human again she became a thief. It was told in a sombre tone and with sad music, but I didn't think it was that bad compared to other characters.

One of the good things in this anime is how quickly they figure things out, most would not acknowledge that it was Conny's mother until there were more cases.
Except of course that Titans carry things in their mouths.

Hope they get away so we learn more about the Titan society.
Aug 14, 2017 4:39 AM

Mar 2015
They're gonna get taken down eventually!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 18, 2017 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
So this means all the titans were previously and the episode also answers what happens in the first ova. The question is why and how some of them turn back to human form, also why some are more unique than others like the armored titan.
Oct 9, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2012
Hey, maybe Ymir has a taste for cute blonds.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Dec 19, 2017 1:18 PM

Jul 2016
WHY!!!!!!!!

I really just want to know there objectives for killing so many people. And also why they tore down the wall, I'd also like to know what the monkey titan is.

Dec 23, 2017 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
A picture of Connie's parents.
Dat upside down pic.
Ymir ate Marcel.
That other thing?
Bertolt should tell Annie how he feels?
lol at Eren hitting Reiner. Shine! Shine! Shine!
Before Ymir became human again?
60 years?
Immortality?
When life comes at you fast.
Dat fall.
So Annie was with them back then.
How crazy is Ymir?
lol at Connie kicking Ymir in the head.
She ate Krista.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 11, 2018 2:51 PM

Apr 2014
-Questions regarding as to what exactly that cult was and how/why the leaders had maintained the ruse to Ymir and the other followers, but in any case it appears the religious leaders had a hand in it.

-Was that a syringe that Ymir was stabbed with prior to being thrown down? Is the Beast Titan working for the mastermind (or possibly is the mastermind) behind all of this human experimentation that had gotten out of hand over a hundred years ago?

-What if the Order of the Walls was originally created to coverup the true origins of the Titans and to instill order among humanity's remaining survivors at the time?

-What are Reiner and Berthold hoping to gain by working toward the extinction of humanity?

-Ymir x Historia XD I don't quite feel that Historia is as similar to Ymir as much as she believes so, but it gives her a morality chain and purpose.
Mar 15, 2018 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
Eren is Eren, I knew he won't just stay still especially when the traitors are in front of him.

Ymir got some crazy past, public humiliation and then turned into a titan by that syringe the executioner/soldier was holding. She've roamed the outside for 60 years!
Everything is getting clearer and clearer...
Mar 23, 2018 8:41 PM

Dec 2015
Reading though the comments here I've been struck with a theory.

Ymir was injected and shifted into a titan, and only changed back to human after eating a person. That much we know, but what if the significance is in WHO she ate? That unnamed guy was traveling with annie, berthold and reiner, so it's a safe bet that he too was a titan-shifter. What if there was nothing special about ymir before she ate him; she was a normal regular titan, and by eating a titan-shifter inherited the power to shift form.
We've never seen any other titan-shifters get eaten (except eren, but he didn't die), so it's possible that is how all titan shifters are created, by being eaten by a regular titan who then returns to their original human form with new shifter abilities.

We know titans ignore humans if there is a titan-shifter around for them to eat, as proven when annie attracted all those titans by screaming, so what if that's why. Titans are subconsciously driven to eat the one thing that can turn them back into humans, titan-shifters. Perhaps that's the only reason they eat humans. We know that don't digest the people that they eat, nor do they eat animals, so perhaps their whole motivation for eating humans is a constant attempt to find and eat a shifter.

If the above is true, then that means that ymir was a regular titan before she ate that guy, suggesting that all titans were normal people injected with that syringe. That certainly clarifies how the beast titan turned connie's village into titans. It also means that the church (or whoever those police/soldiers were working for) are the creators of the titan epidemic, seemingly by turning people into titans and throwing them off the wall.

Eren's father also starts to make sense now. The father was a shifter who injected his son with the titan serum, eren turns into a normal titan, immediately eats his father who is standing in front of him, inherits his power and turns back into eren with no memory of what just happened.
Reiner and berthold's motivation begins to make sense too. If all titans were humans betrayed by the wall-cult, then that's a pretty strong motivation for a group of ex-titans to hate the church.

Still, not quite everything adds up. reiner, bert and annie would hate the church and government, but they wouldn't have any reason to want to destroy the whole of humanity. They also wouldn't have any particular reason to want eren, unless his only use is knowledge of whats in his fathers basement. (calling him the 'coordinate' would certainly suggest that)
And then there's the big one: why on earth would the wall-cult want to create titans in the first place? Even if it's to create an enemy justifying their total control over humanity, there's still no reason to continue creating more titans once humanity is already cowed inside the walls.
Also the whole "king's blood" immortality thing. I have no idea what that could mean.
Nov 20, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
This season is not exactly what I wanted to see..
Nice story only but it is going nowhere... again... with this speed we will get to know what really is going on in season 10 or more.. guess I should get to the source material... but I don't have time for this... damn it...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 5, 2019 12:01 PM
Feb 2019
Mormegil said:

A too late reply but the backstory was already in the manga, the studio just rushed it to S2 when it was supposed to be in S3 part 2.
Sep 5, 2019 12:14 PM
Feb 2019
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
This season is not exactly what I wanted to see..
Nice story only but it is going nowhere... again... with this speed we will get to know what really is going on in season 10 or more.. guess I should get to the source material... but I don't have time for this... damn it...

And.... Season 4 next year is the final season.
Oct 30, 2019 7:19 AM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
Never thought they would show literally everything in Ymir backstory, this chapter came out literally month ago. It was really good episode regardless, I think Isayama told the anime team to include it so viewers will get more familiar with all these foreshadowing, so when we reach that point it will feel natural to viewers and not out of the blue, because he has dropped hints, but very subtle hints that your average anime only may not pay attention to.

I saw some persons saying the series is going anime original, calm down,

Seeing a scene that came out literally month go being animated feels great though. :D
Things are coming slowly slowly to an end but that end is making us wait. On which chapter AOT will end,130?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 30, 2019 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Peeti said:
keragamming said:
Never thought they would show literally everything in Ymir backstory, this chapter came out literally month ago. It was really good episode regardless, I think Isayama told the anime team to include it so viewers will get more familiar with all these foreshadowing, so when we reach that point it will feel natural to viewers and not out of the blue, because he has dropped hints, but very subtle hints that your average anime only may not pay attention to.

I saw some persons saying the series is going anime original, calm down,

Seeing a scene that came out literally month go being animated feels great though. :D
Things are coming slowly slowly to an end but that end is making us wait. On which chapter AOT will end,130?

I'm not sure, but it is a possibility. We are currently at chapter 123 and it is definitely end game we are at.

Nov 14, 2019 2:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good episode, it was great to know more about Ymir, and wow the end was just so epic
Feb 8, 2020 9:02 AM

Jun 2017
Too many abstracts and lack of an anchor to draw a streamlined conclusion....
A light to the hierarchy of the authorities like the church might clear it a little.
Do they really need a human to transform back or is it only the case for Ymir..Or a far fetched concept i think might be the children are programmed to carry out a certain objective to return back to their initial state.Probably why Bert regrets his actions.They say she had the kings blood(titan?)....and yet the cult never injected her so did she already had it and syringe was used to activate it?
Mar 22, 2020 12:24 AM

Mar 2019
So Conny's mom is that titan, I feel bad for him. I live backstories in this anime and Ymir's was just great. I love Christa and Ymir relationship. But I wonder what Christa is going to think about the betrayal
Jun 3, 2020 3:19 AM

Oct 2019
Considering what I have read till now..they have jumped up and down in terms of the manga chapter..but it seems it matches the story flow..

This has become like a Jigsaw puzzle and we are getting the pieces one by one..cant wait to see how this comes together..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 8, 2020 8:14 PM

Jul 2016
What a childhood damn...

Also we gonna save EREN BOY!
Aug 1, 2020 3:21 AM

Mar 2019
Krista can't just stay with Ymir in that situation. She has to love the people in her squad as well. And also, IF HANNES DIES, it would be the dumbest thing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 2, 2020 6:19 PM
May 2020
Ymir is kinda hot ngl
Aug 24, 2020 9:53 AM

Feb 2019
That scene when Ymir turns back into human, with that song playing it's unbelievably beautiful 😭

The execution by turning into Titans is awfully cruel, put the victims in hell eternally until they get killed eventually.

Best ep in season 2 so far.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 8, 2020 8:09 PM

Feb 2020
ymir honey we all get it, you love krista, it's ok... closet made of glass honestly

i just wish i knew why all this stuff was happening? and the season is ending in 2 episodes, it feels like nothing at all has been resolved and i know it will end on some big cliffhanger again. these guys don't want me to sleep at all huh
Nov 20, 2020 9:48 PM

Apr 2019
So they can just transform people into Titans? I guess that explains how the Titans got inside of the wall.

Man I really hope they're able to get Eren back, and Krista/Historia too.
Dec 10, 2020 6:31 PM

Nov 2020
As an anime only watcher, this episode offered some more hints about Titans and certain characters. It seems like Titans originate from humans, which i could've guessed. I'm not entirely sure how this drug injection thing works. According to Ymir's flashback, she was injected with drugs and transformed into a Titan. But had to eat another human in order to transform back into a human herself. Ymir and Bertholdt's conversation also mentions Eren not being able to remember how he got his powers. Suggesting he has a larger backstory. Whatever the case, i can only assume the church plays a big role in this.

Overall a great episode and builds really well to the exceptional finale.
Dec 11, 2020 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
Interesting episode. Maybe I'm wrong, but based on this episode, I think that humans became titans, and them they need to eat humans to return to normal. That would explain why they do that.

They also mentioned that Eren must be the Coordinate. I Wonder what that means.
Dec 21, 2020 2:04 AM

May 2020
Interesting to know more about Ymir. How old is she btw?

And the plot twists and OSTs in this episode is fire
Dec 21, 2020 2:37 AM

Apr 2020
HelProcks said:

Ymir was physically and mentally 17, her chronological age was most likely between 70 and 80 years of age.
Dec 21, 2020 2:38 AM

May 2020
Shirase-san said:
HelProcks said:

Ymir was physically and mentally 17, her chronological age was most likely between 70 and 80 years of age.

Oh wow, that's pretty old
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

933 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 24, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 28, 2017

345 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 24, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

526 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 21, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 27, 2017

330 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 21, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

691 by Snuuupie »»
Jun 18, 2:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.