Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 26, 2017 8:35 AM

Dec 2009
Edrinn said:
Sadus said:

Yeah, ur right. But I called them "as evil as rest". I don't think that "rest" (Rustal including) is evil as well. Different goals, different methods, different view points. Imho most of characters are out of this good and evil division (but there are some good-natured characters)

everything is not black and white, because they are killing doesn't mean they are evil. A soldier isn't evil because he kill. What you should consider evil here is the intention of the said organisation or leader, while one want to change for a better world, the other want a better mars where children aren't sold as slave or soldier.

On the other hand rustal, just want power on consolidating his position, he didn't cared about the world stat, worked with criminal organisation that use "human debris" to fight, worked with shady arms dealer of his own will.

Tekkadan and Mcgillis goal are for a better good, also they didn't chosed to become what they are, they were forced to it and then became what they are now.
While rustal goal is just to make himself more powerful and more rich for the sake of rulling the world. he save ppl not because he want to save them but because he can use them later.

So as @JizzyHitler said you completely missed the point if you think that they are "as evil as the rest" or "evil"

Even if people have good intentions, it doesn't mean that they're good. World is not so simple. And I don't believe in concepts of evil and good, so it's quite pointless trying to explain it to me. For me: they were the same. Rustal watned to power for himself, Tekkadan wanted to become kings of Mars, Macky was just hungry for power. But Tekkadan and McGillis were childish and naive.
And even if u'll say that they had good intentions it doesn't change anything. They used way to this goal full of murdering other people, not consdering about their guilt. They saw just their goal, blindly going ahead. Mika for example is one of the ost negative characters in this show, way more heartless then most of the villains - he'd do anything to achieve their goal.
In the end - they probably didnt accomplish anything, just death and destruction. And i think they deserve it. Even if I like them.
Maybe if they had choosen other way (slower, more patient and mroe mature) maybe I could call them good (like Kudelia), but they were just bunch of interesting, but naive children.
Mar 26, 2017 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
Honestly, I wouldn't say this show is bad, sucks, worst or any stuff like that.
It's just that these last few episodes had their shock factor already past their effectiveness and pretty underwhelming. Right now, the most important thing the writers have to do is give justice for the main characters; not just outright killing the good guys without doing the same to those bad guys. The heroic sacrifice of each heroes should result in those bad guys no longer having the means to influence the world of their evil and corrupt deeds even if they will be alive. Iok, Rustal and Nobliss should either face death or horrible consequences for their own actions, not letting them live freely. Like how Tomino allowed the evil bitch Katejina Loos to live but in return, she became blind.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2015
Orga's death was a major blow to Tekkadan. They all wanted revenge, but Mika told to still continue with his orders. I liked his speech. RIP Hush. You died an honorable death. Fareed's fight was epic. He went all out. His moment with Gaelio was nice. One more episode to go.
Mar 26, 2017 8:44 AM
Nov 2012
Still think this is the best gundam since wing but it feels like the show isn't good at using its character's deaths. McGillis was a bit underwhelming given all his hype. I really thought we were in for mobile armor comeback.
Mar 26, 2017 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
So anti-climatic.
Mar 26, 2017 9:02 AM
May 2014
This time the shoot out with a masked man didn't go so well for Suzaku.

Also, what a shocker, a character died in an episode named after him.

Anyway, I hope the next episode is the last one. Then I can finally file this series away as the huge disappointment it is and move on.
Mar 26, 2017 9:29 AM
Dec 2016
Lots of surprises in this episode honestly.

I can't believe McGillis didn't have a plan in the end. I can only assume that he was winging it as he went along or he truly believed that Bael was powerful enough to curbstomp Rustal's forces even after having trouble with Gaelio the first time around.

I find it hard to believe that Hush is dead honestly, but if he is then the rest of the pilots are probably not going to make it. RIP Hush, you were pretty fucking badass in the end. RIP Space Guts, you were the only (other) pilot I was betting on to survive the series.

I really hope the ending isn't a "bad guys win" status quo ending. I have nothing against a downer end, just that I intrinsically resist having my soul crushed. If no named characters from the antagonist faction die and everything remains, this will be an even more tragic show than Grave of the Fireflies or War in the Pocket. OK maybe not War in the Pocket, that's a special kind of tragic.
Mar 26, 2017 9:42 AM

Sep 2016
Great episode for me, the battle is satisfying.
Hush's death was quite unpredictable though, tbh i thought he would survive till the end.
McGillis is trying prove his righteousness through his power alone, and it seems that Gaelio can't hate him that much.
And for me McGiliis's death is really fit him, killed by the person that he "killed", and by his one and only friend.

Well, it seems next episode really is The Last (Death) Flag...

Mar 26, 2017 10:03 AM

Oct 2015
I really liked Hush found him very relate able and was becoming one of my favourite characters in this series, Mikas last words to him showed how he influenced Mikas personality maybe he gets the Gaelio treatment or the Juletta treatment since the bad guys having the plot armour for massive hits is unfair.

I hope in the last episode Mika goes all out and everyone gets away. This arc literally remind me of the battle with the anti spirals in gurren lagann where all the characters i like are dying.

I saw Mcguilles plans not working it was a pretty stupid idea going up against rustals forces alone. I don't know how to respond to his death, i liked his character but i was always suspicious of him.
Mar 26, 2017 10:05 AM

Feb 2014
Sadus said:
I like the concept that the past 47 episodes went completely for nothing for Tekkadan and McGillis, they lost almost everything. It's quite interesting but... realization is just dull. Even if McGillis was my favourite character, his death was for my like... meh. They could have done it better even with similar story.

I guess people die a hero's death or either live long enough to see themselves become villains!!
RIP McGillis Fareed. You will always be my ideal!! The one who aimed for true happiness through pure power only to be betrayed by the one he discarded to gain it!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Sep 2010
NOT MY BOY HUSH YOU HEARTLESS ASSHOLES!

I honestly thought he would survive the series since he didn't really have a death flag. Speaking of death flags its so obvious to the point where its hilariously ridiculous in this season. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 26, 2017 10:16 AM

Sep 2015
Sadus said:
Edrinn said:

everything is not black and white, because they are killing doesn't mean they are evil. A soldier isn't evil because he kill. What you should consider evil here is the intention of the said organisation or leader, while one want to change for a better world, the other want a better mars where children aren't sold as slave or soldier.

On the other hand rustal, just want power on consolidating his position, he didn't cared about the world stat, worked with criminal organisation that use "human debris" to fight, worked with shady arms dealer of his own will.

Tekkadan and Mcgillis goal are for a better good, also they didn't chosed to become what they are, they were forced to it and then became what they are now.
While rustal goal is just to make himself more powerful and more rich for the sake of rulling the world. he save ppl not because he want to save them but because he can use them later.

So as @JizzyHitler said you completely missed the point if you think that they are "as evil as the rest" or "evil"

Even if people have good intentions, it doesn't mean that they're good. World is not so simple. And I don't believe in concepts of evil and good, so it's quite pointless trying to explain it to me. For me: they were the same. Rustal watned to power for himself, Tekkadan wanted to become kings of Mars, Macky was just hungry for power. But Tekkadan and McGillis were childish and naive.
And even if u'll say that they had good intentions it doesn't change anything. They used way to this goal full of murdering other people, not consdering about their guilt. They saw just their goal, blindly going ahead. Mika for example is one of the ost negative characters in this show, way more heartless then most of the villains - he'd do anything to achieve their goal.
In the end - they probably didnt accomplish anything, just death and destruction. And i think they deserve it. Even if I like them.
Maybe if they had choosen other way (slower, more patient and mroe mature) maybe I could call them good (like Kudelia), but they were just bunch of interesting, but naive children.

McGillis wasn't just angry for power, he wanted power to change the rotten Gjallarhorn.
Tekkedan doesn't want to become king, just to sit there, they wanted to change the rotten mars. When they said that they will laughs their "arss off when they reach their goal", it mean that they would have accomplished what the adult didn't event try to do.

If you don't believe in the concept of Evil and Good, then i'm sorry but you have no right to judge someone of evil or good then, as you don't understand the concept of it. Putting Rustal, tekkedan and McGillis in the same bag is totally wrong.

"if they had choosen other way (slower, more patient and more mature)", this wouldn't be Mature, it would have been suicide, as you can see it with your own Example: "Kudelia", would have been dead since the beginning if not for Tekedan,
Kudelia was able to accomplish her goal because Tekedan was here to protect her and back her up.

McGillis also tried an passive way of accomplishing his goal, he believed that by having Gundam Bael with him, he would have been able to reach his goal without having to go on war. And look where it leaded to....

Also they had balls of steel to take on their guilt and carry on their goal, they aren't coward like biscuit brother who had only guilt and no goal (it the end he killed himself unable to carry on). Its childish and useless if you judge only the method and action, and not the goal and intent behind the said action. 2 actions can be the same and be completely different by their goal,( ex: 2 people killed a Bear, one for fun, the other because he wanted to survive the bear attack, do you judge them the same way ?)

I can also take our own world as an example, would have America existed if they didn't do the "American Revolution" against Great Britain (1765-1783)?, would it even have worked if they didn't took arms against it ? Can you judge them for taking their "way to this goal full of murdering other people" for their freedom ?

See ? you cannot judge something, without the goal and the intent behind them, even if you don't believe in the concept of evil and good, you need to be able to see them and understand it before judging.
Mar 26, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
This has become such a huge disappointment.

From the beginning I had high expectations concerning the plot and I honestly thought it would become so much more than this. First season was good and we could see something building up. I had the foolish hope that it would lead somewhere else than what we're served right now.

Everything feels so useless and uninteresting at this point. Deaths aren't even meaningful no more. Hush died. Whatever. His character came out of nowhere and wasn't that interesting to start with.

This show seems so lost to me like they don't even know how to wrap it up. One would debate that what's happening has meaning and I'd agree to some point but I just wished it was somehow different. I'm not against a bad ending at all and it's never all about bad guys against the good guys because who are we to tell who are who, but I wasn't expecting that.

Glad McGillis finally died. His character became such a disappointment these past episodes. I was expecting an antagonist who knew what he was doing but here he just was blinded by power and he died pathetically. After all the build up from first season to get that...

I feel that way about everything in this anime. So much wasted potential. This could have been much better.

At this point I hope everyone from Tekkadan will die because it just looks so sad for them to be alive after all that. All their fights look so meaningless because they didn't achieve anything in the end and they will just have lost everyone, not for nothing, but not for enough.

I truly hope Mika won't survive because I don't want an ending with him standing in the middle of Atra and Kudelia with a child. The whole thing about Atra's baby is also so forced and weird. The ambiguity in the love triangle didn't add a lot to the show except weirdness and cringe scenes imo.
Mar 26, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2007
People are actually debating who's good and evil here? That's hilarious. There is no good or evil when it comes to the major powers at play here. It's everybody fighting and killing to achieve their own respective goals. Rustal Elion was okay with using underhanded tactics to keep the status quo. McGillis was okay with backstabbing his friends to achieve his idealistic goals in changing Gjallahorn. Tekkadan continued to fight and kill so they can get to a point where they won't need to anymore.

The only "good" person is probably Kudelia.
Mar 26, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2013
See kids, this is what happens when you hold the idiot ball too long. You go out in a blaze of fujoshi-bait glory.

Stay in school, don't do drugs

And for the love of god use a condom.
Mar 26, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
McGillis is a failed Char clone... throughout the series they built him up as a mastermind, and I thought perhaps Bael would have secret powers, but no, it was just pathetic. He kind of reminded me of Prince Schneizel from Code Geass early on, but that was a mistake.

My ranking for this anime has dropped. At this point, I only feel like watching a third season (if they make one), because I want to see Rustal Elion die.
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Mar 26, 2017 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
kyogen_kigo said:
McGillis is a failed Char clone... throughout the series they built him up as a mastermind, and I thought perhaps Bael would have secret powers, but no, it was just pathetic. He kind of reminded me of Prince Schneizel from Code Geass early on, but that was a mistake.

My ranking for this anime has dropped. At this point, I only feel like watching a third season (if they make one), because I want to see Rustal Elion die.

He's actually the best char clone in gundam history.

You seem to think Char was lelouch.

McGillis is Char reincarnate
Mar 26, 2017 12:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ever since they killed Lafter off, this series has gone down a strange masochistic path. It's almost a lesson in telling the little man to keep his head down and not mess with authority and convention.

Like I wrote last week, it's one thing going down the Kill Em All path of Gundam's past. It's quite another to kill off only the protagonists we've been following for 49 episodes, while allowing relative newcomers (that are irritating as fuck BTW) to beat them to a bloody pulp. If you had told me that Julieta, Iok and Rustal would all survive this while Orga dies, I would have laughed in your face,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 26, 2017 12:37 PM
Jan 2017
Let's put this into perspective: on its own, the episode is pretty good.

The nature of war becomes more evident and Tekkadan is on a scramble to save what is left of themselves. Mikazuki is, amazingly, still in his usual stoic self, instead of showing some emotion after learning his best friend died. Either he coped in his own way or he is delaying his grieving process. The battle on Mars is as brutal as they come. People on both sides die pretty quickly, with Hush being one of the casualties. Pretty sad way to go for someone who wanted to be like Mikazuki. The Tekkadan pilots know there is no way out of this one, and the final scene implies they are expecting to die.

Meanwhile, in space. McGillis makes his final stand against Rustal. The fight is as relentless as on Mars, culminating in an emtional battle between McGillis and Gaelio. In the end, Gaelio has his epiphany a little too late. Almiria and Julieta also have small but memorable scenes there.

The bad part is: the show has become very, very dark. Characters die left and right without their stories getting proper closure and the common expectations of a Gundam end up getting twisted around. That said, the series has to evolve in order to have new audiences, so this kind of changes perhaps were not entirely unexpected. By this point, I've become desensitized to all the blood and carnage going on that I don't expect many will survive the finale. War is a nasty affair.
Mar 26, 2017 12:47 PM

Sep 2014
nooo why McGillis had to die? :(
His death was waaayy more emotional to me then orgas pointless "lets erase this character" death.
He was by far the best character this season and probably the only strong point. Overall this season just feels lame compared to the first one. Very underwhelming.

People just die totally pointless. The storytelling went pretty much downhill.

Im very pissed by how bad this gundam turned out. It started so damn well..

If the maiden of revolution finally gets usefull this season and idk calls the media or something I will drop this to a 6, which would be a shame.
Comander-07Mar 26, 2017 12:55 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 26, 2017 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
I really didn't expect this happening to Hush (I never noticed any death flag from him. I guess him helping the others fight and buy time was that very one, though. lol), but I'm pretty sure he is dead at this point. I do not see him surviving that at all. And it seems like everyone else on the battlefield is going to die as well, such as Akihiro, Eugene, and Mika. I just know it. xD

Decent episode imo, but, McGillis tho... Surprised he just rushed in all by himself. I know it's Bael and all, but to take out all of them by himself, along with Gaelio and Julieta with Rustal? That was... unexpected. Still, I thought he was great in his spotlight. Imo, he was the best moment. I predicted that he was gonna die in this very episode (what with the episode being named after him and Almiria hoping he would survive, which is another flag waving at my face), but it was great to me. The way he showed up with Bael, fought, destroyed, killed, and died at the end. It was pretty sad to see him go, but overall it was nice. RIP McGillis. I thought you were entertaining. McGillis had always been one of my most favorite characters since the first season. I really don't see that changing at all.

By the way.... where is Iok? lol I haven't seen or noticed him at all. Wanna know where this immortal guy is at. xD
AmyTwoMar 26, 2017 1:11 PM
Mar 26, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
Well daaaaaaaaaaaamn, not quite what I expected!

RIP fokin' errybody.
Mar 26, 2017 1:33 PM
Nov 2015
I am completely speechless, I feel as if everything is moving towards a bad end
Mar 26, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
Next episode is the last ;-;

Rip Hush and McGillis. My Gali Gali X Juilet ship might actually happen.
Mar 26, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
By the way, reading these comments from the people being disappointed with the season, episode/s, or character/s for one reason or another, or that there likely won't be a happy (or happier) ending besides every good guy fighting pretty much dead while the bad guys win is hilarious to me. Not that I am mocking, agreeing, or disagreeing with any of you guys. I just can understand how you guys feel (which is why they're even funnier to me), even if I have a different opinion in my mind. A reason why I like reading comments a lot more than inputting my own thoughts.

I also loved reading the large thoughts on this that you've expressed, @ArthurB. Thank you for taking the time in sharing that, really.
Mar 26, 2017 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
Noice said:
kyogen_kigo said:

He's actually the best char clone in gundam history.

You seem to think Char was lelouch.

McGillis is Char reincarnate

I am sorry but learn to read more closely! I never said Char is lelouch.

First, when I called McGillis a Char clone that was separate from the code geass reference which I said later on. You seem to not understand that "Char clone" is a very broad term and somewhat misleading as it is referring to a character in Gundam series who wears sunglasses, a mask, or has blonde hair. They can be very different from the original Char. McGillis is NOT Char reincarnated. They live in different universes.

I said that early on in the series, I thought McGillis was a mastermind like Prince Schneizel. Scheneizel is not lelouch, they are half brothers!

However, that was early on, and i said now, I don't think McGillis is like Schneizel at all.
Mar 26, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
Too bad we didn't get too see McGillis and Mika together. I guess the civilian guy with McGillis that helped him get back to his ship was the one that told Nobliss Gordon about Orga (wasn't he one of the guys in S1 that was with early Tekkadan and they sent him to McGillis ... some funny scene with stuff written on his skin)?

Only end I can see now (I think Rustal must die) is with Julieta ("he is one of those bad adults") and/or Gaelio killing Rustal in the end and taking over.
Mar 26, 2017 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
Another thing that kind of bothered me was that the episode did not show if Orga's death had any severe impact on Mika. He seemed to get over it and say "yeah I'm gonna keep on fighting." The series kept emphasizing the special relationship between Mika and Orga and how dependent they were on each other. Yeah, sure, I did not think Mika was gonna cry, but at least I thought he would be shocked or speechless.

I'm sure in the epilogue we will see long term impacts of Orga's absence on Mika (if mika even survives the last episode).
Mar 26, 2017 3:09 PM

Jul 2016
Wait... people used to think that McGillis was smart??? All of their plans had succeded thanks to Tekkaddan incredible and reckless behavior. He just moved some things behind the scenes, but the mainforce was always Tekkaddan.

I liked McGillis, and I feel ashamed for suspecting that he sent hitmen to kill Orga.
Mar 26, 2017 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Edrinn said:

Tekkadan and McGillis did not fight for greater good, at least not in this battle.

Tekkadan fought to control a planet. That's it. IT wasn't to save someone, or to protect someone. Even if the long-term goal was to protect themselves, there were better methods than supporting McGillis... and supporting McGillis without debating a plan with him is just so stupid that they almost deserved what they got.

As for McGillis... no, that guy is not someone who fights for greater good. His ideals are that power and only power matters. He does not like Tekkadan because they are poor kids fighting the evil world, but because they are savage and slaughter everyone in their way.
If McGillis won, Gjalarhorn would cease to be a corrupted power, that's true. But the downside is that it would become a Fascistic power that supports the ideals of Meritocracy and the rule of brute, savage force. While the current Gjalarhorn uses dirty means to keep peace, his one would crush and slaughter everyone in their way.
McGillis NEVER EVER respected ideas like friendship, love, chivalry, helping others out of good heart, etc. When he did start getting those feelings, he slaughtered his friends for that reason alone. He could have asked Galileo and... that girl that liked him... to join him, and they would have done so. But he didn't just because he decided that they made him weaker.

And when it all sums up, you have a mercenary organization attacking the world to put a Fascist Dictator into power just so that they could get absolute military control over a planet.

Rustal and the current Gjallarhorn are rotten to the core, but that doesn't mean they are the worst possible option out there. It could get worse, and Tekkadan almost made it so.

amc9988 said:
Okay so Mcgillis is dead... Now I don't think the bad guys will die... Rustal, Julietta, Iok are definitely gonna live and they will be known as the heroes while Tekkadan and the revolution will be known as the villians to the public... So this time we have a gundam series where the heroes lost and the villians win in the final battle huh...?

To be honest, Gjalarhorn is a pace-keeping organization, aka something that protagonists in other Gundam series either form or are part of. So in a twisted way, they ARE Gundam protagonists. One could say that this series ridicules the ideals of other Gundams.

Edrinn said:
McGillis wasn't just angry for power, he wanted power to change the rotten Gjallarhorn.

Which is why he yelled about making "Gjahalrhorn" an honorable and just organization. Really, I still remember his speech as he fought Vidar this ep, where he shouted how he will make Gjalarhorn just no matter what!
Oh wait, he didn't. He never said such thing, ever. All things he ever said in the series can be classified into two ideologies: "Meritocracy" and "Power Makes Right". His criticisms of Gjalarhorn was not about hos they oppress the weak, but about how they are weak themselves.

Tekkedan doesn't want to become king, just to sit there, they wanted to change the rotten mars. When they said that they will laughs their "arss off when they reach their goal", it mean that they would have accomplished what the adult didn't event try to do.

Again, you are making it up. They made their reasons very clear: they wanted a safe haven for themselves. They did not fight to kick Gjalarhorn out or to remove a corrupted organization. Not once did they mention such a goal. They never had any "World-Saving" goals in mind, all their goals were motivated by wish for survival and pleasant life for their own group.

Would they have made Mars a better place if they became Kings? Definitely. But that's because they are good people at heart, not because they want to fight for greater good. They don't want to fight at all actually, they want to escape that shitty life.

McGillis also tried an passive way of accomplishing his goal, he believed that by having Gundam Bael with him, he would have been able to reach his goal without having to go on war. And look where it leaded to....

What passivity? McGillis came down with an army, allied with a mercenary organization, and pointed guns at Gjalarhorn's leadership. Pointing guns at someone is NEVER passivity. That's aggression, and an attempt at a Coup'd'tat.

As for Bael... "Look, strange ladies from the lakes handing swords is no basis for a system of government"
Mar 26, 2017 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
So Okada's death game continues with this episode. I'm not even sure I can feel anymore with this series. I mean...like what the hell? Did Okada decide to go full-on Akame ga Kill/Ikusei Keikaku with the whole death game roulette? Like at this point, Okada has all but ruined Gundam with this arc.

Stepping away from that, you see a lot of subliminal messages being fulfilled here. I mean Naze did say that Orga was rushing too much when it came to Tekkaddan and now look at where they are. I feel like the foreshadowing from the cryptic messages in the first half of this season basically rose every single death flag around here.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
McGillis death was sad but also disappointing. I really thought he had something up his sleeve but he just went in for a solo Kamikaze.This whole show is going to be really disappointing if Rustal Elion gets off Scott free while the core Tekkadan group is mercilessly killed which I'm afraid is headed that way. Damn this is depressing..
Mar 26, 2017 3:22 PM
Jan 2017
solomon585858 said:
So all bad guys will survive and all good guys will die.

Strange series.

Well we can't all have happy endings you know...
Mar 26, 2017 3:34 PM
Jun 2016
Well I knew McGillis wasn't behind Orga's assassination. Hell, he even decided to go in full-frontal and fight alone even though him winning was pretty much impossible. How he fought with Bael was pretty cool, though.

SilverDio said:
I liked McGillis, and I feel ashamed for suspecting that he sent hitmen to kill Orga.

Yes. Shame on you and others who thought of that. Admit your sins, folks. lol
Mar 26, 2017 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
That ending between Gaelio and McGillis was truly everything I wanted and more; the emotional catharsis felt as they gave their last words was the strongest in this series for me. I was always more on the side of Gaelio, but I'll acknowledge the purity and bottomless ambition of McGillis. His problem was that his passion burned too bright, and that he flew too close to the sun - he clearly set his plan into motion prematurely, and it cost him everything. He also had high delusions of grandeur and was drunk on power, so there's that as well.

I'm somehow guessing Gaelio, now having got what he "wanted", isn't going to be a willing pawn of Rustal Elion for much longer, but we'll see.
Mar 26, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2008
a..my heart hurt, I'm still not over orga.... that speech thou...those deaths thou....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 26, 2017 4:26 PM
Aug 2011
Well... I freaking love this series. It's going in such an atypical direction, that it's almost imposible to predict what'll happen. It seems the world will not change. It seems the kids won't come out on top. It's quite saddening, but the reality is, that most revolutions and upstarts don't come far. The system that held up the world for 300 years won't just end. Don't believe there were no revolutions or uprisings in this timespan. There were, but as it goes with such things... they mostly fail and have absolutely no bearing on the future. Look at all those failed revolutions from our history.
Mar 26, 2017 4:46 PM

Sep 2013
The first time I saw those flower from the OP, I had a bad feeling, yep it has come down to this, I'll get my heart ready for next week finale.
Mar 26, 2017 4:51 PM
Jul 2014
I'll give it this much, a staple of every Gundam series has always been an epic episode long battle between the protagonist and main antagonist. Not this time.

Honestly don't know if we're going to get a good ending or a super depressing one the way it's all playing out.
Mar 26, 2017 5:10 PM

Dec 2008
What in the backwoods butt fuck is happening in these last few episodes?!
Orga is dead. Hush is dead. McGillis is dead. And these jackasses are still alive: Rustal, Nobliss, Julietta and Iok.

They better get their assholes handed to them on paper plates even if it takes a 3rd season to do it!
Mar 26, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
fucking Rustal feels like hes unreachable hes denied so many people ,this season really did flip the power struggle or rather they were put up against un-winnable odds

while i did find McGilis death really sad with Gaelio's speech honestly thought he was gonna get gun down by a bunch of troops the moment that door open that would of been rough ;-;.

i'm just sorry i doubted macky this whole time guy made himself really hard to trust at times.

RIP Hush :(
Mar 26, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2015
Nayrael said:

Tekkadan fought to control a planet. That's it. IT wasn't to save someone, or to protect someone. Even if the long-term goal was to protect themselves, there were better methods than supporting McGillis... and supporting McGillis without debating a plan with him is just so stupid that they almost deserved what they got.

I remember one episode where Orga literaly said they are going to create a place where they belong to, a place where no children will have to fight, meaning that they want to stop "space rats" and "human debris" (child soldier) from existing, and he also said that being "king of Mars" is a step closer and faster to what they wanted to do (rulling Mars wasn't their intention)
Its true that in the long term the goal was to protect themselves, but they wanted also to protect and prevent other child to become like them. (if you remember in the episode where Orga asked people to leave before its too late, only a few lie Zack had a place to return, all the other didn't)
Also i didn't said that Tekkedan supporting McGillis blindly without a plan wasn't stupid, as i also believe that they shouldn't have do so.

Nayrael said:

As for McGillis... no, that guy is not someone who fights for greater good. His ideals are that power and only power matters. He does not like Tekkadan because they are poor kids fighting the evil world, but because they are savage and slaughter everyone in their way.
If McGillis won, Gjalarhorn would cease to be a corrupted power, that's true. But the downside is that it would become a Fascistic power that supports the ideals of Meritocracy and the rule of brute, savage force. While the current Gjalarhorn uses dirty means to keep peace, his one would crush and slaughter everyone in their way.
McGillis NEVER EVER respected ideas like friendship, love, chivalry, helping others out of good heart, etc. When he did start getting those feelings, he slaughtered his friends for that reason alone. He could have asked Galileo and... that girl that liked him... to join him, and they would have done so. But he didn't just because he decided that they made him weaker.

Rustal and the current Gjallarhorn are rotten to the core, but that doesn't mean they are the worst possible option out there. It could get worse, and Tekkadan almost made it so.

"Dirty mean to keep peace", this is way underated, Gjallarhorn knew that people from the colonies wanted to Rebels against them, and what did Gjallarhorn do ? they let the people get weapons, prepared dummy gundam and vehicle so they can take and use it, in order to justifies a slaughter they prepared in advance.

Mcgillis didn't belived in those value, you're right and i agree, (he feared betrayal before even asking them so he betrayed them first), but neither do Rustal and Norbliss. You have saw yourself that rustal is able to use any dirty mean necessary (even breaking rules and taboo) to achieve his own goal. (do you think he keep Iok by his side because of friendship etc ? no he kept him because he is useful, because many soldier follow him.)

you claim that McGillis way would had killed everyone in his way, but that is already what Rustal do, except that he get ride of them in the shadow (Assasination etc..). Gjallarhorn using Mass Murder to maintain Peace is also not different.
You can claim that McGillis is as bad as you want but in the end he did spared the people following him from death and slaughter in a loss battle. and didn't sacrificed them in order to use whatever forbidden weapons or to flee himself.

Nayrael said:

Edrinn said:

Which is why he yelled about making "Gjahalrhorn" an honorable and just organization. Really, I still remember his speech as he fought Vidar this ep, where he shouted how he will make Gjalarhorn just no matter what!
Oh wait, he didn't. He never said such thing, ever. All things he ever said in the series can be classified into two ideologies: "Meritocracy" and "Power Makes Right". His criticisms of Gjalarhorn was not about hos they oppress the weak, but about how they are weak themselves.

And so was the value that created Gjahalrhorn, It was created from pure power alone defeating the Mobile Armors, the seven stars ranking was based on the number of Mobile Armors killed by each member.
McGillis believe in the same value as "Agnika Kaieru", and wanted to make Gjahalrhorn what it was supposed to be : an Peacekeeping Organization that use military might to maintain peace.
Because Gjahalrhorn is weak, it use shady, dirty mean to keep false peace, (slaughtering innocent people, assassination attempt (ex: kudelia, Makanai) etc..),and it cannot maintain peace, as criminal organisation and mercenary organisation rise (remember the episode when kudelia refused someone partnership ? the dude send mercenary to kill her), it also can't keep their own member on a leash as they can break rules whenever they want.

Nayrael said:

What passivity? McGillis came down with an army, allied with a mercenary organization, and pointed guns at Gjalarhorn's leadership. Pointing guns at someone is NEVER passivity. That's aggression, and an attempt at a Coup'd'tat.

As for Bael... "Look, strange ladies from the lakes handing swords is no basis for a system of government"

[/quote]

And a coup'd'etat isn't a more passive way ? its sure that having a civil war would be more passive...
He attacked the head/lead without taking their live, so yes what he did is more passive, he could have just slaughtered them, use the people by his side to go on a civil wars which would have been worst.

as for bael, you should say that to the people who wrote Gjahalrhorn text and law, as it is written that whoever can control Bael is considered accepted and acknowledged by Agnika Kaieru soul. That why the other seven star didn't do anything against McGillis.
EdrinnMar 26, 2017 5:46 PM
Mar 26, 2017 5:52 PM
May 2015
finally the mal score on this abomination of an s2 took a little hit

assuming mcgillis lives honestly. gaelio was def hesitating and mcgillis going out like that would be disappointing.

anyways this slaughterfest ending is awful. in what way is this supposed to be satisfying. also orga needed to die at least 10 eps ago. the plot had been calling for it for ages. now theres not enough time to get the ideal climactic character development out of mikazuki that this show has been building up.

only ending that will satsify me at this point is:

Mika living
Atra dying in crossfire
mika x kudelia happily ever after
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2017 5:57 PM
May 2015
if mcgillis is truly dead and that was all we got out of his character, I'm disappointed.

all we ever learned about him was his philosophy on seizing power.

never once did the show give you any sort of indication on whether mcgillis would have been a good or bad leader. just an eternally gray moral compass i guess. you could rationalize his actions as justified if he was going to bring equality to the universe and all that good stuff but the series never gave u an indication as to his ruling ethics or plan for the universe after taking it over.

reinhard did some sketchy shit to take power from a very similar upbringing, but the show gave you implicit evidence that he was a fantastic egalitarian ruler, which presented the viewer with an interesting moral dilemma over whether the means justifies the end.

IBO missed an opportunity to do that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2017 6:51 PM
Jun 2011
People seem confused about the difference between a hero and a protagonist. IBO has no hero, never had actually, and Tekkadan only fills the role of protagonist, which does not mean that they will have a happy ending.

That said, IMO the last episode will go like this:
- Julietta goes down to Mars and kill most of the Tekkadan fighters. Mikazuki, to stop her, uses the full power of Barbatos and dies in the end;
- Gaelio takes the opportunity that Rustal lowered his guard and finishes him off. Why? Now that he settled his score with McGillis, he can go back to reform Gjallahorn as it was his original intention;
- The former members from Tekkadan disbands, finding jobs with different parties that were helped by them along the series. Atra and her baby, living with Kudelia, are back in Mars tending to the crops that Mikazuki were tending.
Mar 26, 2017 7:10 PM

May 2016
Well there goes McGillis, as I've predicted. Surprisingly Hush too, I'm quite sure. Didn't see that coming. I can see that they will all die off now. lol I honestly can't imagine any of the Tekkadan members who are fighting will survive at this point (not even Mika. He even has a death flag here).

Abaharaki said:
IBO has no hero, never had actually, and Tekkadan only fills the role of protagonist, which does not mean that they will have a happy ending.

Yeah, protagonist doesn't necessarily equal a heroic or even a good person. Just means that s/he's a main character. Same for antagonist when it comes to that one being villainous or even evil. Just means that s/he's the one who will oppose the protagonist.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention, but that flashback when seeing Carta a little during McGillis' death was rather heartbreaking since I liked her and was sad to see her go, even though she killed one of the ultimate cinnamon buns (Biscuit) while she was aiming for Orga.
AlliedWishesMar 26, 2017 7:31 PM
Mar 26, 2017 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
First, it is Naze-aniki followed by Lafter and then, Shino and then, followed by Orga and then, Hush and now...

McGillis Fareed.

Damn!

All the good guys are getting crushed.

The villians stand strong til the end. Nooooo!!!

Ummm, this anime lacks romance but the battles are great except that the good guys are losing and last episode is next. How could this be!?!?!?

Gundam Bael, soul of Agnika Kaieru crushed too, WTF!? Seriously, how could this be!?!?!?!?
Mar 26, 2017 7:58 PM

Jul 2015
McGillis's death was so anti-climatic. I thought he would go down with a big bang (I suspected he would fail since Orga got shot) but not like that though. To die in some random elevator hallway with Gaelio. And I don't even know why Gaelio was crying, like I was confused at what his feelings were for his friend that tried to kill him. And what was McGillis trying to say to him?

For some reason I thought McGillis's Mobile Suit was equipped with some nuke, so that when he actually got in Rustal's ship it would explode. Talk about that going down in the history books.

But after hearing Rustal's comments about McGillis death, I think Mikazuki will pickup where McGillis left off or continue Orga's legacy and live a peaceful life. Either that or, it's teasing for a season 3, perhaps for Almiria (Idk if I spelled it right) to pick up the mantle as the revolutionary and start another war. I think this failed coup de tat is a stepping stone into the future of what might to come for the series. Regardless of who becomes the leader, I strongly feel this will not be the end of IBO. We still have the Turbines and Mikazuki and the rest of Tekkaden keep in mind. Not to mention Almiria.
Mar 26, 2017 8:20 PM

May 2015

Man, talk about all of your decisions in life have consequences... by the looks of it I think all of the people of Tekkadan that are making an opening for the others to escape are going to die, especially when all of them are talking that they are headed were Orga is going (forward) but he isn’t going forward he is dead, maybe this is a foreshadowing a reunion with him in the afterlife. Damn!

I'm not surprised by McGillis outcome, he did some nasty things too... he went complete nuts after entering Bael cockpit, he had it coming as soon as he went solo against a fleet/battalion he is/was no Char (Red Comet). I think Bael make him lose a few screws to his head (I say this because he was behaving different form the calculating man the last season and half of this season portrayed him) sad that the show didn’t explore the ramification of him piloting such an extreme machine… He said that he needed to discard/sever her ties with both of his friends Carta, Gali Gali and Ein (they would have followed him if he went and explained his ideals) but the Irony if he had those two on his side plus the other officer that served as his shield he would have reached his goal and wouldn’t be dead.

And here y though that Hush was going to replace a retired Mika… so much for that.
R.I.P. Hush

At the end of all of this McGillis & Tekkadan didn’t play the long ball and all of that rushing (decision making) cost them dearly...
Mar 26, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2008
KingKatsura said:
Only ending that will satsify me at this point is:

Mika living
Atra dying in crossfire
mika x kudelia happily ever after

You really are a big Mikazuki/Kudelia fan to wish for Atra's death this bad, huh? Well, I'm sorry to say that it's a bit too late for that to happen now. Anything could happen in the last episode but Mika/Kudelia living happily ever after is a bit too much of a stretch, IMO.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is IBO a modern hidden gem? (Spoilers)

Onigiri_Aoi - Oct 29, 2023

10 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

408 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 11, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.